PDA

View Full Version : I am new to this place : ) Can I ask some questions?

Spottedbear
07-09-2008, 23:11
Hi there, I don't know how I stumbled across this website anymore, but I have been on here for about an hour and I must say my jaw dropped and I was about to drool on my keyboard over the game : ) For the past 8 years now I have been waiting and hoping for there to be a Shogun II Total War with revamped graphics : ( But now I found you guys and I simply cannot wait until you finish! : ) From the looks of it, you've been working on this project for quite some time. Anyways, I have a few questions that I would greatly appreciate if they were answered, please keep in mind that I am not the best person for dealing with computers. I do not really understand what a mod is. I can only guess that people who are really good with computers are somehow changing the game models... AWESOME!

Question 1: Do I need Rome Total War and all of it's expansions (Barbarian Invasion, etc.) to play this game?

Question 2: Will it harm my computer in any way? Will I be able to play Rome Total War as I normally would without any difficulties?

Question 3: When playing a mod, does the gameplay suffer from lag or glitch or anything?

Question 4: Is downloading a mod easy or complicated?... I guess that answer varies from person to person...

Thanks to anyone that answers my questions, and I greatly look foward to your release of this new game!! : )

- josh

DarkShadowCat
07-14-2008, 02:05
Hi there, I don't know how I stumbled across this website anymore, but I have been on here for about an hour and I must say my jaw dropped and I was about to drool on my keyboard over the game : ) For the past 8 years now I have been waiting and hoping for there to be a Shogun II Total War with revamped graphics : ( But now I found you guys and I simply cannot wait until you finish! : ) From the looks of it, you've been working on this project for quite some time. Anyways, I have a few questions that I would greatly appreciate if they were answered, please keep in mind that I am not the best person for dealing with computers. I do not really understand what a mod is. I can only guess that people who are really good with computers are somehow changing the game models... AWESOME!

Question 1: Do I need Rome Total War and all of it's expansions (Barbarian Invasion, etc.) to play this game?

Question 2: Will it harm my computer in any way? Will I be able to play Rome Total War as I normally would without any difficulties?

Question 3: When playing a mod, does the gameplay suffer from lag or glitch or anything?

Question 4: Is downloading a mod easy or complicated?... I guess that answer varies from person to person...

Thanks to anyone that answers my questions, and I greatly look foward to your release of this new game!! : )

- josh

1. I think you only need Rome: Total War to install this mod, not BI.

2. It wouldn't harm your computer in any way, at least, I don't think it will. Mods are generally safe to use and download from any of the boards on this site or on the Total War Forums. I think you need to copy your entire Rome Total War folder to install BOA because it overwrites Rome files. You can than play Rome and BOA separately.

3. I don't know what you mean with this really. If you mean, does it lag a lot when you use a mod, compared to in Rome, than it depends. Most mods tend to change unit scales so it really depends of how well you can run Rome though if it's on a pretty decent level, you'll run this mod fine as well.

4. It also depends as well. For example, some of the instructions are vague and the mod teams don't really answer you. I've been trying to get the Fire and Blood mod installed and no one bothers to respond, even with 22 people viewing the same board. Other instructions are clear cut though you might still have trouble if you install the files into a different location than intended. As a rule of thumb, back up anything you're going to install over.