PDA

View Full Version : a few ideas to spur discussion

bigmilt16
07-10-2008, 14:14
A few questions to spur some conversation:

1. How do you want to see the religious characters used in EB II (i.e. priests/heretic/etc)?

2. Do you think there will be queens as well as kings. I'm no expert, but I'm sure that some factions had female leaders in some societies.

3. What will be the use of princesses? This one intrigues me most because they acted as a pseudo-diplomat: helping factions to make deals and improve relations; however, this did not happen in every ancient society. Should thye be replaced with another type of character?

4. Will provinces and vassal states be represented any differently? I know the province system for the Romans in EBI got difficult to use at times because it was related to an ancillary.

Foot
07-10-2008, 15:30
Is for EB team members to answer, or for the fans to discuss. I guess its best to leave it to fans. We aren't ready to release info on how EBII is going to work yet.

Regarding 2. Is most likely impossible to do in any meaningful way. The best we could pull off is to have a trait saying that a male family member is in fact a woman, which would suprise his wife and innocent onlookers confused by the name and portrait. In other words it would be lame.

And could you clarify 4.?

Foot

bigmilt16
07-10-2008, 16:06
Hey Foot, thanks for the response.

as to #4, I wasn't sure if there was a new way the EB team was considering handling Roman provinces, type IV client kingdoms, and instituting roman citizenship. I know that the province system was handled by an ancillary assigned to the FM, but after a few decades, the education system was so good, that FM's ancillary spots were getting maxed out (8 I believe) by the age of 20. Thus, FM's could not command a province by the time they reached the proper age without giving up an ancillary.

Hope that helps a bit. I'm just very excited, and appreciate the response.

Foot
07-10-2008, 16:39
Well those two areas are entirely different. The first one, of type IVs and things are the gov system. This will change to some extent. The second area has nothing to do with governing a province. It is a recreation of the roman system and isn't necessary for the running of any of the settlements. Giving up an ancillary is hardly difficult, and there is no better way of handling it.

Foot

BozosLiveHere
07-10-2008, 16:58
Well those two areas are entirely different. The first one, of type IVs and things are the gov system. This will change to some extent. The second area has nothing to do with governing a province. It is a recreation of the roman system and isn't necessary for the running of any of the settlements. Giving up an ancillary is hardly difficult, and there is no better way of handling it.

Foot

Hint: One of these statements is false.

Foot
07-10-2008, 18:12
Thats good to know.

Foot

Cartaphilus
07-10-2008, 18:20
Hint: One of these statements is false.

In Orbis Tertius or in Total War games? :beam:

BozosLiveHere
07-11-2008, 01:07
Thats good to know.

Foot

I'll explain it better in a PM.

In Orbis Tertius or in Total War games? :beam:

It's hard to come up with a really false statement in a world ruled by idealism like that of Tlön, isn't it?

Cartaphilus
07-11-2008, 15:50
It's hard to come up with a really false statement in a world ruled by idealism like that of Tlön, isn't it?

Sure.

Borges rulez, the best writer in spanish language since the masters of the XVII century (Quevedo, Lope, Góngora, Cervantes et alia).

Read, if you can, the extracts of Bioy Casares' Diaries about Borges. Awsome.