PDA

View Full Version : 0 Turn Recruitment

Dafuge
07-22-2008, 19:46
I couldn't find a question thread so I just decided to make a new thread, hope nobody minds.

So is it going to be 0 turn recruitment, or are you implementing the multiple unit recruitment?

And also when is the mod timeframe, as in will it include pre-Marius units?

And how historical will legions be from 1-10. 1 being Vanilla and 10 RS.

Tellos Athenaios
07-22-2008, 20:44
I suggest: :faq: On these very fora.

Hax
07-22-2008, 21:35
A 'quick questions' thread might be useful here, though ;)

V.T. Marvin
07-23-2008, 07:47
I would also appreciate a "quick question thread" on this forum.:jumping:

As to the 0-turn recruitment question. I would advise AGAINST it. I have once played an EB unofficil mod with this feature and it proved as unfair advantage to the human player. If I know that I could muster a whole army immediately, I do not need to keep much force on a standing basis, thus saving huge ammount of money on th upkeep. Once needed, i.e. when I see enemy comming, there is nothing to prevent me from spawning a half stack in the nearest city, thus foiling any chance for succssful AI invasion. On the other hand the AI seemed to be unable to use the potential advantages the 0-turn recruitment gave to it. Therefore I found this rather boring and stopped using that particular mod. My opinion is that 0-turn recruitment screws the ballance and should not be implemented... (...unless the Team decides otherwise and make an appropriate allowance for it):clown:

Chuffy
07-23-2008, 12:13
Remember, M2TW has a very different recruitment system from RTW. You may think that 0 turn recruitment provides an unfair advantage but not if you only have a certain amount of units to call upon and these take a long time to reappear again. But I doubt the EB team will be doing 0 turn recruitment anyway, having 3-4 slots for recruitment works well enough right?

Question: can the whole recruiting multiple units per turn thing be modified on a faction by faction basis? Like the Romans could have 4 unit slots for training in a huge city whereas Carthage could only have 3? Is that sort of thing possible?

Tellos Athenaios
07-23-2008, 19:32
Yes.

And off topic: are you really 'located' in the IC of some (Boston?) hospital ?