PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Total War

SiskinEDGE
08-04-2008, 11:06
The very first alpha for Star Wars Total War was released on mod db today!:laugh4:

the Units included in v0.05a are:
Republic - Romans
Clone troopers
Clone Snipers
Gungan Militungs

CIS - Guals
B1 battle Droids
B2 Super battle droids
OOM security droids

Hutts - Pontus
B1 battle droids

Empire - Romans
Storm Troopers

This is only the first alpha done so that these mesureing stick units can be balenced before the version v0.05b where a whole load more units will be introduced. If you want to know more check out the mod on Mod DB at:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-total-war

It can be downloaded at:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-total-war/downloads

all I ask is that you try it out and give me feedback and screenshots on the forumns for this mod

!Enjoy the Mod!

Darkvicer98
08-04-2008, 11:13
There are no downloads for Star Wars Total War on the mod database website.

SiskinEDGE
08-04-2008, 11:31
I posted the uploads this morning they are awaiting authorisation by a administrator lol

SiskinEDGE
08-04-2008, 12:36
I've uploaded the file also to filefront while the admins at Mod DB authorise the upload I made this morning lol here it is:
http://files.filefront.com/Star+Wars+Total+War+v005azip/;11353531;/fileinfo.html

Flying Pig
08-04-2008, 16:35
Version? Properties? Download size?

Are you planning to get empire?

wlesmana
08-05-2008, 04:25
This should be interesting. I hope someone post screenshots soon.

SiskinEDGE
08-05-2008, 10:15
the download is 41.6MB available at:
http://files.filefront.com/Star+Wars+Total+War+v005azip/;11353531;/fileinfo.html
it's only the first alpha to get feedback so the units can be balenced and I can get input for the next version v0.05b witch will have the following units:
Republic
Clone troopers (good morale, armour and attack but slightly small unit sizes)
Clone Sharpshooters (low numbers and morale but high attack and good range - always use at range)
Gungan Mulitungs (cheap and have shields - good for rooting out snipers)

CIS
OOM Security Droids (cheap, used for screening, absorbing losses and anti sniper duty)
B1 Battle Droids (cheap and numerous, used for screening, absorbing losses and anti sniper duty)
B2 Battle Droids (good defensive troops, highly suceptable to snipers)

Empire
Terrain spefic Storm Troopers (like storm trooper regualars only with terrain bonuses)
Regular stormtroopers (basica infantry, have the fire power of clones but more numerous and way less morale)
Scout troopers (on speeders basically fast mobile, hit and run troops - 2 thermal detonators and a blaster)

Rebelion
Rebel Troopers (not as well armed but better motivated than storm troopers)
Spec Force troops (snipers, slower but more deadly and more staying power than scouts)
Medical Droids (morale bonus, not healing)
Scout troopers (on speeders basically fast mobile, hit and run troops - 2 thermal detonators and a blaster)

Hutts
Bounty Hunter Infantry (good but go beserk once used)
Night Sisters (melee + demoralising, best screened with cheap units on their charge)
B1 Battle Droids (cheap and numerous)
Flame thrower infantry -posibly (suits how the Hutts rule through fear, with thier units)

although I am waiting for what units people find popular for me to add

Thor the Bassist
08-05-2008, 11:15
Wow that is pretty early dev. I hope this goes the distance. As a suggestion - find yourself a damn good animator or learn yourself. I'd say the whole project rests on getting someone who'll give you a decent gun animation (and some others). As well as improving aesthetics and making the project much more possible it will allow you to get a much faster rate of fire. Also I'd change the ratio of defense to attack. Currently I had the game on triple speed and it took ages for even half a unit to be killed. Try dividing everybody's health by two or even four to allow more action.

Good luck.

PS this is a beta - alphas are released to select people for testing betas are released to the community :beam:

SiskinEDGE
08-05-2008, 11:53
ok, but I'm relying on the animations being speeded up to speed up the battles - I also think I set the morale up way too high, most of the units fight to the death when I play it lol. I cant afford 3DS max to change the animations so what I was thinking of doing was chageing the units I've skinned to legeionarys, change the shield to a gun and the sword animation to a shooting one. I think If I lower the morale then at least when I simulate the battle of geonosis then it would be moveing around more instead of only moveing around the clone snipers and sometimes clone troopers when opertunitys appear. I hate it when the magnaguards run away halfway through a charge, they are meant to keep fighting even if their heads are cut off. it's kinda hard to make fast progress though when it's a two man modding team, and my girlfriend only dose descriptions cos she hasn't got the game lol. The clone snipers though I might increse the armour of, not change thier animation to keep them slow fireing and add a droid that blows up or a thermal detonator to.
if you want to simulate the battle of geonosis I recomend:
Libean Desert map
----republic----
16 Clone units
4 Clone sniper units
----CIS----
13 B1 battle droid units
5 super battle droid units
2 Magnaguard Units

SiskinEDGE
08-07-2008, 09:50
I have now uploaded two videos to mod db and you tube showing the mod in action, same battle same units but each time played from oposite sides. The battle that was the Inspiration for this mod, The Battle of Geonosis!

Mod DB, High Quality:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-total-war/videos

Youtube, Low Quality:
https://www.youtube.com/user/siskinedge128

The units in the battle recreation Were the following:
---------CIS--------------
13 B1 battle droid units
5 B2 super battle droid units
2 Magnaguard units
--------Republic-----------
16 Clone trooper Units
4 Clone sniper Units

The videos show how the units in the mod should be used in order to get maximum effect. There are also screenshots on Mod DB from the Videos. The videos were made with the latest alpha of the mod not the current public release with some morale modifications. I intend to make another battle with sound in a week or so if I can work out how lol, also if there are units I haven't mentioned on Mod DB for the next release in the next battle then dont assume they will be in the next release, as I have units I hope to implement in the next release I haven't mentioned if I can get them working. it's a matter of If not when beacuse of somethings I'm not sure I can mod correctly.

SiskinEDGE
09-30-2008, 19:54
Star wars total war Version V0.05B is out
http://files.filefront.com/SWTW+V005Bzip/;11936290;/fileinfo.html
Download today, it's the first rome total war mod I know of to contain flamethrowers. It also has three new factions, the Hutts, The rebelion and The Empire. there are new units also for the republic and CIS.

Reverend Scott
10-16-2008, 11:11
Cool! Downloading now!

Reverend Scott
10-29-2008, 08:29
Couldn't get it to work- says it is missing files.