PDA

View Full Version : AI-stacks

Mithridates VI Eupator
08-04-2008, 15:14
Just a quick one:

I don't know if this is at all possible to do anything about, but it is one of the things that have come to irritate me with the games in the TW series, so anyway.

Even though i think it has gotten better in M2TW, the AI still goes around with a LOT of stacks, consisting of maybe 2 or 3 units. Sometimes, I have to fight of maybe five or six of these stacks, that alone are worthless, but if they were combined into one full stack, actually could prove a potent adversary. It would also be more realistic, as ancient kingdoms seldom sent separate armies of maybe 200 men four or five times a year to invade a neighbouring coutry. Rather, the would have musterd one big army, wich could campaign for a more substantial time. (with this I don't mean a stack of only Argyspides, or Basilikon Agema, or any other elite unit, it could be just a lot of crappy units as well, just more than one or two formations.)

As M2TW has a more moddable AI, is it possible to make tha AI have fewer, but larger, stacks?

I know, it's not the most important issue, but being attacked by a really huge AI-army once or twice times every five years or so, would feel more realistic than being attacked by five crappy stacks every year.

Wasn't so quick after all... Nah, whatever!

Reverend Joe
08-04-2008, 17:30
I have heard it is possible to modify the strategic AI, but nobody seems to know to what extent, or if stuff like this can be modified. But it does seem like something as simple as combining stacks could be done, if the EB team can find anyone who can modify the AI.

Mithridates VI Eupator
08-04-2008, 20:27
One can only hope...

phonicsmonkey
08-07-2008, 09:50
Broken Crescent has good campaign AI in this respect - the AI combines stacks very effectively

The campaign and battle AI files for that mod (by Grandviz at twcenter) are available separately as 'Ultimate AI mod' - maybe he will not mind them being used for EBII?

Xtiaan72
08-10-2008, 21:53
I hope he would be honored!