PDA

View Full Version : Improved more realistic cities!!

Space_Ed
08-08-2008, 01:01
I dont know anyyythhiinnggg about how this might be done but I think it would be good if the cities and settlements could be given more character...

For example: Rome was founded on 7 hills and had rich areas and very poor areas.

I think it would be good if some cities had run down slums with graphitti on the walls etc, maybe messy streets and that type of thing.

I don't think you guys would be able to do this but to me it seems obvious that the appearence and realism of the cities would be improved if some had historically accurate rivers running through them and streams.

I think it would be possible to design slums as one 'building.' Slums should have unorganised messy streets and so the slums shouldnt be organised neatly into a grid like richer parts of some of the settlements.

Would it be possible to have a forum in Rome etc?

stupac
08-08-2008, 01:05
I believe work is being done on customizing the cities to make them fit the period, but I don't think custom cities are possible due to the culture slot limitations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Incitatus
08-08-2008, 01:28
You are probably right that it is not possible to customize all the cities in the game, but would it be possible to make a realistic version of major cities (Rome, Alexandria, Carthage, etc.) in the map editor and implement them in game?

Foot
08-08-2008, 02:23
Learn how and help us. Its pointless requesting something, its not like we don't think a lot about this game. Realistic cities is an obvious area where we could improve, we just don't have the manpower or skills to do this.

Foot

Space_Ed
08-08-2008, 20:26
So where can I learn to edit housing structures in cities?

Foot
08-09-2008, 00:40
First you will need access to a modelling program, such as 3DS Max or Milkshape. You will then need some tutorials on how to use it, the internet is rife with them so a quick google search will help. You will also need a image editing program to skin the buildings, and Adobe Photoshop is the best for that. Once you've created a building you will need to convert it into something the game can use, this thread details that:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166329&page=2

Foot

Bellum
08-09-2008, 07:06
Are there any building artists on the team at all? The medieval buildings just don't fit. :P

Foot
08-09-2008, 12:26
We've only recently found out that battle map buildings could be modded at all! Buildings are not our top priority. If that means that the first release of EBII comes with medieval buildings in its settlements, I can live with that.

Foot

Space_Ed
08-09-2008, 15:09
Woah Medievil buildings in EB2? No way. I might have a go actually. Can someone introduce me to someone who has modded buildings in the past so I can ask them a few basic questions? After that I'll just steam ahead on my own.

Ibrahim
08-11-2008, 23:33
Woah Medievil buildings in EB2? No way. I might have a go actually. Can someone introduce me to someone who has modded buildings in the past so I can ask them a few basic questions? After that I'll just steam ahead on my own.

the modeller in Inca total war is doing that (or was..)

||Lz3||
08-12-2008, 02:59
I'm yet to see a mod that changes the buildings... >.>

I know a lot of -very IMO- skilled modders and all of them agree that modding buildings is one of the most hard things to do in RTW

Che Roriniho
08-13-2008, 12:56

I know a lot of -very IMO- skilled modders and all of them agree that modding buildings is one of the most hard things to do in RTW

What do they say is hard about it? I would imagine the hard bit being the scripting it afterwards, with setting the rotation, their location, etc. The modelling itself proobably wouldn't be too hard, likeiwse the skinning.

Puupertti Ruma
08-14-2008, 23:21
What do they say is hard about it? I would imagine the hard bit being the scripting it afterwards, with setting the rotation, their location, etc. The modelling itself proobably wouldn't be too hard, likeiwse the skinning.
I think you hit the nail with that. Modelling work is easy, the hellish nightmare called settlement plans are the main destroyer of minds here. I quess, never tried it myself as I know I couldn't do it.

Also there is the small thing that it was just recently discovered that modelling battlemap buildings is even possible! Before the breakthrough it was deemed totally impossible. And as far as I know the modding wizards are still deciphering the code and trying to make model adding easy enough to be a viable option for mod groups to do in less than, say, a decade.

Bellum
08-15-2008, 05:03
Seems like just enough time to mod all the buildings before EBII is released. :P

cmacq
09-04-2008, 00:37
Can major settlements be designed to look similar in plan, to their historic counterparts? If so, I may be able to provide the basic architectural and street plans (of course simplified and reduced in overall scale) for a number of select settlements.

CmacQ

Mediolanicus
09-04-2008, 20:12

In Chivalry TW all European culture cities are changed into castles, that look nothing like the original RTW cities.

Just to name 1 mod...

satalexton
09-05-2008, 19:50
it'll be nice if somebody cracks the bulding files.....tho it's gonna be a LOT of work just doing eaching building for each culture....

abou
09-05-2008, 22:48
Can major settlements be designed to look similar in plan, to their historic counterparts? If so, I may be able to provide the basic architectural and street plans (of course simplified and reduced in overall scale) for a number of select settlements.

CmacQIn RTW it was possible to provide different plans for individual cities; however, only a few ever took advantage of it (waiting to hear people cry about why Rome wouldn't have been made a unique city even though we have a better idea about the development of Antiocheia).

I suppose it could be possible in M2TW, but with the change in system I'm not sure.

Foot
09-06-2008, 01:43
iirc, unique city plans means that regardless of the upgrade level it will always look the same, so what stage in development between 272BC and 14AD would you like our cities to represent. That problem plus the heavy workload associated with the task makes such things a minor consideration at best.

Foot

cmacq
09-06-2008, 06:01
iirc, unique city plans means that regardless of the upgrade level it will always look the same, so what stage in development between 272BC and 14AD would you like our cities to represent. That problem plus the heavy workload associated with the task makes such things a minor consideration at best.

Foot

Is the reason that upgrades wont take, because each of the architectural components that compose a given city, for a given faction must be changed? For example; a wall tower, a gatehouse, a wall segment. If so, then any modification must be standardized within a given faction, and each city, or faction capital must be composed of these components?

In RTW it was possible to provide different plans for individual cities; however, only a few ever took advantage of it (waiting to hear people cry about why Rome wouldn't have been made a unique city even though we have a better idea about the development of Antiocheia).

I suppose it could be possible in M2TW, but with the change in system I'm not sure.

I agree about those that cry, I'm just wondering if its doable. If the answers to my above questions are yes, then there must be a set number of architectural components for each faction? Plus, within the plan of a given faction's capital there must be space for the common buildings. If so, then the plan would include the walls, towers, and gates; followed by the domestic architecture, then space for the common buildings and central plaza/forum. Does the size of a city change when it upgrades?

CmacQ

Tellos Athenaios
09-06-2008, 09:49
AFAIK, in RTW the reason is that the dynamic but simple city plans (or actually, the various levels of city plans) are traded for the complex (at least if we aim for complex) but static 'bookmarks'.

Compare it to a historical battle: the battle and terrain are not 'determined on the fly', instead these have been designed beforehand by someone; it's the same with 'bookmarks' which are basically prepared battlefields that remains the same throughout the game.

Aemilius Paulus
09-07-2008, 04:27
Is there any way to use RTW cities in M2TW? Is there any way to sort of "transplant" city layouts and/or building models? I know that at least the city layouts can, if I am not mistaken. They are simply text files that can be modified to fit M2TW, can they not?

satalexton
09-07-2008, 07:42
that might work....seeing that the m2tw engine is actually a modified BI engine....=/

cmacq
09-07-2008, 18:10
If anyone is interested and willing to try to reproduce architectural models for EB2, I've modeled the basic wall plans of several Punic cities, based on archaeological maps and Google Earth photos. Form these final occupation models, I guess I could extrapolate several developmental stages for each, say 4 or 5. I could also modify and rescale these to fit EB. To some degree, I may be able to do this for any ancient city if I have its location and some idea of how it was laid out. If the modification of M2TW city plans is doable, these might be used as a 3D template to develop cities for EB2, so contact me and I'll send.

CmacQ

/Bean\
09-07-2008, 19:59
Does anyone else think that the cities should be on a corner or side of the battle map, so that they are the same size as they are now, but with two walls, then it wouldnt look like the largest cities in the world are about 2 square miles.

It would also be better for the battle in my opinion as it would be fought outside the city and then follow into the walls, making the battle much more varied and possible to change the outcome. I dont know anything about the code and whatnot, but would it not be possible to script the buildings and walls positions to a corner of the battlemap, to make it look like it was just part of the city rather than the whole thing being tiny?

If this is at all possible, would it be done?

satalexton
09-07-2008, 20:36
i think thats hardcoded....cuz u start wherever ur troops stood on teh campaign map...

/Bean\
09-08-2008, 16:28
I dont understand why hard coding exists...all it seems to do is stop better games like this making it even better. Unless its a copyright issue...

bovi
09-09-2008, 05:48
There are many reasons for hardcoding all kinds of things. I would not be able to explain it to you, but if you learn programming you would see it.

cmacq
09-09-2008, 17:15
For example this is a base wall model of a Late Punic Carthage looking high and east. The overall plan is modified somewhat, in design and scale, for EB. The scale is about 1:10.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2938905100103965274UNXPaQ

CmacQ

Ibrahim
09-09-2008, 17:39
that settlement will be a nightmare to attack(attacking in game). bring it on!

cmacq
09-09-2008, 18:20
I noticed that as well, as an enemy coming from the mainland is forced into the narrow wrist of land on the western approach. I even omitted one of the three landward picket walls. Also remember this model is scaled down to fit EB. Although the fortifications at Late Ptolemaic Alexandria were not as complex as those at Late Punic Carthage, based on the model I made, the topography indicates it would be a nearly impossible nut to crack, if it was well defended. By land it can only be approached on a very narrow front. At a higher level, its placement in the western delta also suggests it was difficult to get to by land, when advancing from Asia.

This view is high and looking north.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2273879820103965274sOFQWT

This is a view from the south wall and port looking low and northwest.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2315478770103965274OBLFTw

The scale is about 1/10 the actual size, I believe.

CmacQ

Ludens
09-09-2008, 18:23
I dont understand why hard coding exists...all it seems to do is stop better games like this making it even better. Unless its a copyright issue...

Hardcode has become a bit of a swearword since modders started using it to explain why they couldn't add certain features. Some people then assumed it was put in the game-engine on purpose to block modding attempts. In fact, it simply means the game-engine itself. Hardcode are those part of the game or program not changeable by modding, because modding means altering the data files while programming is changing the engine itself.

What modders mean when they complain about hard-codes is that they want more aspects of the game to be put in the data files, instead of being hidden in the engine itself, like the max. number of factions is. They don't complain about there being hardcodes, because those are simply part of programming. In fact, hardcodes are the core of the program itself.

The obvious question then is why do game-designers feel the need to hide aspects of the game in the data-files? I can't really answer that because I am not much of a programmer, but I do suspect that processing speed is one reason. After all, if it's not in the engine itself the program has to look for it and then translate it into something the computer will understand. This wouldn't make much of a difference if just one factor was outside the program files, but if you want many things to be moddable it may seriously slow a program down. Also, it is not as if there is an instruction in the program that says "if faction number exceeds 31, then CTD". M2:TW has been made with 31 factions in mind, so you'd probably need to change many parts of the code to allow for more. This may also result in memory uptake for these faction, whether they are used or not.

TheGlobalizer
09-09-2008, 20:39
Yep, a big part is just to put a cap on the memory requirements of the software. Each time you add variability, you add both to the complexity of the program and the amount of data you need to load into and cycle through the memory.

There's a reason why sophisticated scientific modelling software only runs on supercomputers -- there are so many variables that must be accounted for that a personal computer simply cannot handle it.

That said, some "caps" (like culture) seem more related to how the game was composed originally -- I'm not sure why the caps couldn't be expanded a bit with minimal impact. But, that probably depends on how the variables are treated within the code.

cmacq
09-10-2008, 01:41
The following model is the Punic city of Lilybaeum. The fortifacation here were far less complex to those built at Carthage.

This view from the east looking west. Again the scale is about 1:10.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2286374650103965274iRhxjb

CmacQ

cmacq
09-10-2008, 06:03
This model is a reconstruction of the wall plan of Late Ptolemaic Alexandria. The view is high and looking northwest. Again the scale of the plan is about 1:10 and is designed overall to fit a EB battlefield. The grey areas are lower class residential and commercial urban areas set within a grid pattern. These were largely outside the main fortification. One will note a canal that runs from the extreme east end of the model, immediately south of the city and then turns north to exit into the Mediterranean. I believe several bridges crossed this feature from the south and west. We also have the Pharos Island with a Greek fort, a a small town in grey, the Heptastadion causeway with bridges at either end, and a second Greek fort immediately to the west on the mainland. We also have the lighthouse at the east end of the Pharos Island.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2041693240103965274jUFNZp

This view is low and from the Pharos Island looking east towards Alexandria.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2730961970103965274FFIAnd

CmacQ

/Bean\
09-13-2008, 10:16
@Ludens and everyone else

So do you mean that, if you knew about programming, you could change/move data that was hard-coded into data files, thus making it moddible (sp)?

Hax
09-13-2008, 12:25
@Ludens and everyone else

So do you mean that, if you knew about programming, you could change/move data that was hard-coded into data files, thus making it moddible (sp)?

Well, technically it is possible, but you have to change the .exe file for that, which is forbidden.

Tellos Athenaios
09-13-2008, 13:31
Hardcode has become a bit of a swearword since modders started using it to explain why they couldn't add certain features. Some people then assumed it was put in the game-engine on purpose to block modding attempts. In fact, it simply means the game-engine itself. Hardcode are those part of the game or program not changeable by modding, because modding means altering the data files while programming is changing the engine itself.

What modders mean when they complain about hard-codes is that they want more aspects of the game to be put in the data files, instead of being hidden in the engine itself, like the max. number of factions is. They don't complain about there being hardcodes, because those are simply part of programming. In fact, hardcodes are the core of the program itself.

Yes, hardcode is, well just that: rock solid hard code you can't simply replace with your Notepad style text editor.

The obvious question then is why do game-designers feel the need to hide aspects of the game in the data-files? I can't really answer that because I am not much of a programmer, but I do suspect that processing speed is one reason. After all, if it's not in the engine itself the program has to look for it and then translate it into something the computer will understand. This wouldn't make much of a difference if just one factor was outside the program files, but if you want many things to be moddable it may seriously slow a program down. Also, it is not as if there is an instruction in the program that says "if faction number exceeds 31, then CTD". M2:TW has been made with 31 factions in mind, so you'd probably need to change many parts of the code to allow for more. This may also result in memory uptake for these faction, whether they are used or not.

Yes, it's the cost of reading, parsing etc. etc. which makes it beneficial to store as much as possible in a single file. It comes at the cost of greater flexibility; but this is not an issue if you 'pack' all these files into one. Also one big file allows for better/easier compression and (potentially) encryption. Keep in mind that the harddisk which is where most of the I/O operations go to, is easily 1000 times slower than your RAM is -- hence it becomes very interesting to see if you can speed up the I/O by constructions such as memory mapped files: which is also significantly easier with one big file. For an example: the swap or pagefile your OS uses, usually that is just one big memory mapped file (directory).

/Bean\
09-13-2008, 21:53
Ah so the programming/hard-coded bit is the copyrighted data? This makes sense now, thanks guys

eddy_purpus
09-15-2008, 06:46
Learn how and help us. Its pointless requesting something, its not like we don't think a lot about this game. Realistic cities is an obvious area where we could improve, we just don't have the manpower or skills to do this.

Foot
he is not requesting it , he is just asking if it is possible , and of course , who doesnt want to learn to do these mods , its very c0ol but some of us dont have the time to work in em

Space_Ed
09-16-2008, 18:07
Cmacq- Thos city plans are exactly the kind of thing I meant when I opened this thread. If you could do that type of thing for EB2 that would be far far better than what it is currently like in EB1. Even if the walls are 'bookmarked' and cant evolve I think that its worth sacrificing the development of the walls for these permanent and much more realistic structures.

rorarii
09-20-2008, 07:22
I dont know anyyythhiinnggg about how this might be done but I think it would be good if the cities and settlements could be given more character...

For example: Rome was founded on 7 hills and had rich areas and very poor areas.

I think it would be good if some cities had run down slums with graphitti on the walls etc, maybe messy streets and that type of thing.

I don't think you guys would be able to do this but to me it seems obvious that the appearence and realism of the cities would be improved if some had historically accurate rivers running through them and streams.

I think it would be possible to design slums as one 'building.' Slums should have unorganised messy streets and so the slums shouldnt be organised neatly into a grid like richer parts of some of the settlements.

Space Ed, in my mod Rome will be represented by 7 settlements (hills) - The palatine will be for Aristocrats and will only train Eques (knights) and Triarii, The Aventine will be a kind of slum, for poorer class romans - and will only train Accensi and Rorarii (light troops). The Quirinal / Viminal and probably Esquiline .. Caere???? will be middle class areas for training Hastati and Princeps. (see latest update)

I'd appriciate any comments on the pro and cons of my approach from you guys, you seem to know what's going on in the TW world.

R

BTW, having the ACTUAL city of Carthage and be able to set seige to it, would be the ultimate in Ancient wargaming as far as i'm concerned .. to attack the 3 walls! :jawdrop:~:shock:

Space_Ed
09-24-2008, 17:08
I've been having a dabble of M2TW the last few days. I think there are definately some buildings that wont look out of place at all in EB. The really old skool european huts and the south american low dwellings could definately work in pre-Roman europe in EB2. I think the makers of M2TW have got it wrong in some parts though. Theres tudor style buildings in the 1100s. Eh? I'm not historian but I am English. That can't be right. But I do think that if those buildings were edited a little bit they could probably work in the EB time frame without too much effort. So I think you guys are ok for basic western european dwellings. I think theres some good ones in the Crusader campaign too that will work for the eastern provinces. So I don't think every building will have to be modded to fit but I think temples, palaces and possibly Greek homes will have to be designed from scratch. This is my opinion based on my short foray into M2TW (which btw is nowhere near as good as the current EB).

Mithridates VI Eupator
09-24-2008, 23:15
I agree!

Some M2TW buildings would actually work fine in EB, but some things, such as churches and tudor-houses, look a bit weird. The eastern settlements could work too. But it might bnot be necessary to redo all buildings. If the EB team feels that it is worth the effort, I won't complain, though...:beam:

keravnos
09-25-2008, 13:33
@ cmacq,

I cannot say "Thank you" enough times for your work. If there is any way we can use what you create, we will. Just keep on creating it.

Btw, I know there have been excavations going on in Taxila. Has a map of the ancient city (or environs) been developped?

cmacq
09-25-2008, 14:17
sorry,

been a bit consumed by work this week. I'll look into it. If I remember correctly, thats the upper Indus valley, right?

keravnos
09-25-2008, 15:51
sorry,

been a bit consumed by work this week. I'll look into it. If I remember correctly, thats the upper Indus valley, right?

Indeed.

Anyways, whichever city you can create (that exists in EB), please do so. We will deffinitely use them, IF available editors exist so that we can modify cities and still allow EB 2 to run.

Majd il-Romani
09-27-2008, 18:35
This model is a reconstruction of the wall plan of Late Ptolemaic Alexandria. The view is high and looking northwest. Again the scale of the plan is about 1:10 and is designed overall to fit a EB battlefield. The grey areas are lower class residential and commercial urban areas set within a grid pattern. These were largely outside the main fortification. One will note a canal that runs from the extreme east end of the model, immediately south of the city and then turns north to exit into the Mediterranean. I believe several bridges crossed this feature from the south and west. We also have the Pharos Island with a Greek fort, a a small town in grey, the Heptastadion causeway with bridges at either end, and a second Greek fort immediately to the west on the mainland. We also have the lighthouse at the east end of the Pharos Island.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2041693240103965274jUFNZp

This view is low and from the Pharos Island looking east towards Alexandria.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2730961970103965274FFIAnd

CmacQ

When I saw that picture, I realized that in M2 castles, the walls are almost exactly the same as those pictures!

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/RavenTd/eng21.jpg

http://blog.core10.co.uk/img/medieval_total_war_2/seige_attack.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/medieval2totalwar/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images%3Bheader%3Bmore&page=6 (should be the top right one, sorry)

if you look at these, you see that the castle walls form a perimeter around the city, and then there is a smaller one protecting the core of the town. This could be used to accuratey represent cities like Carthage & Alexandria. Just turn them into castles.

Ghaseken
09-27-2008, 19:36

Thats a pretty good idea. but i dont think it will work

cmacq
10-01-2008, 09:42
When I saw that picture, I realized that in M2 castles, the walls are almost exactly the same as those pictures!

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/RavenTd/eng21.jpg

http://blog.core10.co.uk/img/medieval_total_war_2/seige_attack.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/medieval2totalwar/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images%3Bheader%3Bmore&page=6 (should be the top right one, sorry)

if you look at these, you see that the castle walls form a perimeter around the city, and then there is a smaller one protecting the core of the town. This could be used to accuratey represent cities like Carthage & Alexandria. Just turn them into castles.

Majd il-Romani,

I say, you may be on to something there. That seems very workable. Indeed, the basic design of the last one does look very much like Alexandria, but can the land forms be changed at all?

CmacQ

a completely inoffensive name
10-03-2008, 01:28
I love the idea, I love the work cmacq has put into it, I love this whole thread actually. Very nice pictures, I really hope to see them implemented.

Majd il-Romani
10-07-2008, 04:09
Majd il-Romani,

I say, you may be on to something there. That seems very workable. Indeed, the basic design of the last one does look very much like Alexandria, but can the land forms be changed at all?

CmacQ

whaddya mean by land forms?

hoom
10-07-2008, 07:54
Nice work CmacQ, I love these sorts of reconstructions :yes:

I'm curious about where that Carthage layout comes from?
I've seen that layout in a couple of places but haven't been able to find where its from.
Lancel's Carthage: A History shows a very much different layout & he seems to be pretty sure there is little actual evidence of the real layout.
Has there been more evidence found recently which backs up that Carthage layout?

Space_Ed
10-07-2008, 09:19
Nice work CmacQ, I love these sorts of reconstructions :yes:

I'm curious about where that Carthage layout comes from?
I've seen that layout in a couple of places but haven't been able to find where its from.
Lancel's Carthage: A History shows a very much different layout & he seems to be pretty sure there is little actual evidence of the real layout.
Has there been more evidence found recently which backs up that Carthage layout?

I found out about the wall layout from Wikipedia. Doesn't make it true mind, but it means it passed the monitors. I didn't check any of the sources.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Carthage.gif

EDIT: "Jeeez how would you attack that place!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carthage

cmacq
10-07-2008, 14:28
I used a number of sources for the walls, plus a satellite photo as a base map. I matched up evidence of wall fragments on the photo based on the locations proposed in the sources (these often based on gates). Of the Punic city, the location and extent of the harbor area is very solid, the location and extent of the interior acropolis is good, the location and extent of the southern portion of the city is fair, the location and extent of the necropolis is solid, and the location and extent of the northern partition of the city is so-so. I'll get back to you later, work awaits.

CmacQ

Boyar Son
10-10-2008, 01:21
Well MTW2 has some ruins from the Roman Empire showing up in battles for scenery! use that lol.

12-06-2008, 09:18
What has been the progress on this so far?

Megas Methuselah
12-07-2008, 20:13
Oh, this is so kool. I'd love to see this implemented in EB2. :jumping:

12-08-2008, 03:54
Probably won't be until later versions though, just by looking at the amount of work it will need to be implemented.

Megas Methuselah
12-08-2008, 05:10
Probably won't be until later versions though, just by looking at the amount of work it will need to be implemented.

I assume you mean that they'll be excluded from beta's. I'm ok with that. I just hope they are implemented, eventually.

12-08-2008, 05:26
Not just beta, but maybe even the first actual release or so. Client rulers didn't show up until later versions.

Megas Methuselah
12-08-2008, 05:46
Yeah. Well, it would be a cool feature, all the same.

12-08-2008, 07:29
Especially for Athens and the Acropolis.

Megas Methuselah
12-08-2008, 08:30
No kidding, that would be awesome! I'm loving Alexandria and Carthage, too! :jumping:

Cbvani
12-08-2008, 17:38
If it can be done, I sincerely hope it will be. It'd be the one thing that makes me go out and buy M2TWK - just so I can play with realistic cities.

lenin96
12-19-2008, 09:14
I saw some images of a m2tw mod that uses realistic cities with rivers in them and other things :yes:

12-20-2008, 00:26
Can you look into what mod that was?

lenin96
12-20-2008, 02:37
Theres a mod for RTW called Hic Est Lacedaemon at Total War Center, but eb2 is for m2tw but i did see images of a mod for m2tw that has really good unique cities but i will keep looking for that mod:beam:

lenin96
12-20-2008, 03:46
The images I saw are of Basileia Total War at Total War Center:yes:

Space_Ed
12-21-2008, 16:53
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122992

Wow these are good. Well we know its possible then...

lenin96
12-22-2008, 07:39
I wonder if the EB team decides to implement this in EB2?:yes:

General Appo
12-22-2008, 10:16
THIS IS THE BIGGEST BREAKTHROUGH IN TW MODDING SINCE A MODDER FOR THE FIRST TIME OPENED A DESCR_STRAT FILE!!!!!!

12-22-2008, 10:58
I don't get your post.

lenin96
12-22-2008, 12:27
Check the link posted by space_ed and you will see what he meant

Subotan
12-22-2008, 16:26
THIS IS THE BIGGEST BREAKTHROUGH IN TW MODDING SINCE A MODDER FOR THE FIRST TIME OPENED A DESCR_STRAT FILE!!!!!!

And lo, the First Modder said "Let there be Macedonia, let there be Senate, let there be Slave".
And there was, and the masses rejoiced.

On a serious note, those pics look amazing.

SamuraiofDoom
12-28-2008, 14:52
Show me some pictures of the your new and improved cities, are they up to Broken Crescent standard. This new modification should be even cooler than 1.1.

lenin96
12-29-2008, 01:08
are they up to Broken Crescent standard.

Does Broken Crescent have unique cities?

SamuraiofDoom
12-29-2008, 12:20
yes

Space_Ed
12-30-2008, 05:37
I think we can pretty much be certain that there won't be any official versions of EB2 coming out that dont have unique cities now that this has been discovered. I'm sure it will be an awe inspiring experience developing different assult tactics for different cities.

lenin96
12-30-2008, 05:43
And EB is about realism so they hopefully will make an appearence