PDA

View Full Version : Empire Total War System Requirements

Hosakawa Tito
08-08-2008, 18:34
I've searched around this forum, among others, and haven't found a definitive answer. Has there been any word on what the system requirements are for this game?

Martok
08-08-2008, 18:43
Not as yet, no. CA has said they're still working on optimizing the game, and that they don't want to release system specs until they have a better idea as to what they'll actually be.

That said, I strongly suspect the majority of us will need to either upgrade or purchase a new machine entirely. (My computer will not quite two years old by the time ETW is released, so hopefully I'll only need to do the former.) :sweatdrop:

SirGrotius
08-08-2008, 19:12
Judging from the screenshots, I'm not anticipating a huge leap over MTW2 requirements. My guess would be that CA is a little scared that they lost some customers over this earlier and they want to keep it looking good while not going the Crysis route. There's some real popular game w/ very good, but not necessarily cutting edge graphics...what's it called...hmmm...oh yeah, WoW. I'll add some annoying baseless speculation: Dual core proc, 256 mem video card, 1 gb ram as minimums...and there it'll run shoddy.

CBR
08-08-2008, 19:18
I've searched around this forum, among others, and haven't found a definitive answer. Has there been any word on what the system requirements are for this game?
Just tell the wife: new game, new pc! And get it over with :beam:

CBR

Hosakawa Tito
08-08-2008, 19:38
Just tell the wife: new game, new pc! And get it over with :beam:

CBR

You a mind reader,CBR. :laugh4:
Thanks for the replies. Like Martok, I'm hoping I will only need to upgrade my 7900GTX vid card maybe. However, I've been down this road before...spit in one hand, wish in the other, see which one fills up the fastest

Martok
08-08-2008, 22:34
Yeah, I'm really hoping that I won't have to upgrade my video card at all, as at least the one I have now still allows me to run MTW. I'm paranoid that I won't be so lucky if I have to replace/upgrade it.... :gah2:

pevergreen
08-09-2008, 01:12
Im expecting an 8600 at least to play this.

CBR
08-09-2008, 02:35
Yeah, I'm really hoping that I won't have to upgrade my video card at all, as at least the one I have now still allows me to run MTW. I'm paranoid that I won't be so lucky if I have to replace/upgrade it.... :gah2:
Yes that is indeed a problem. My PC is 2 1/2 years old and I have not replaced my 7800GT. Maybe the newest ATI cards still work with MTW or it's time to say goodbye to a good old friend...

CBR

A Nerd
08-11-2008, 10:19
I'm going to buy an new computer when empire comes out...need a new one anyway...had this one since 2002...bought a game for it recently and didn't check the specs...my computer is too slow to run it now I just stare at the box and lament...