PDA

View Full Version : Jihad and Celtic tribes.

Vulg
08-11-2008, 11:55
Hi,

Am new but I like to read and lurk.

Just an idea, could the Jihad option be changed for inciting celtic uprisings against the Romans similar to how Vercingetorix incited Roman dislike in other neighbouring tribes.

Just a thought.

Flying Pig
08-11-2008, 18:21
Support from me. A great idea, as the Keltoi did have a 'supreme court' and made long-distance campaigns

satalexton
08-11-2008, 23:55
hmmm...i always imagined celtic/germanic migrations as barcrawls with a bit of blood and killing splashed here and there......>_>

Majd il-Romani
08-13-2008, 02:35
maybe jihad would be a migration for germanic/celtic factions (the agents be chieftains or something) and for romans it would be called a "national emergency" and the agents would be quasetors/senators/something else and for parthia and other steppe nations you could have the Apache warpath

Miles Sueborum
08-20-2008, 14:57
Isn't Jihad and Warpath exactly the same in terms of game mechanics?

And I'm not sure if would cause a problem to have more than one culture able to do a Jihad - because in MTW2 every Muslim faction could participate in the Jihad - and if Germanics and Celts would both get this feature, than you could have Swebos following an Averni-Jihad to Rome which seems wierd...

However - all celtic factions united in a Jihad und thus simply overrunning all of italy seems also quite wierd, if it was thus simple to organise all celts into a united force against any given enemy Ceasar wouldn't have conquered gaul...

General Appo
08-20-2008, 21:28
In theory, I guess you could set it so you the Gauls can only "jihad" on gallic regions no longer owned by gauls, representing the gauls unification when they were threatened with elimination. Not that I think that this is what it should be used as, but I think it would work in theory. In MTW2 I think you could only Jihad on muslim regions not owned by a muslim faction. Then again, that meant you could Jihad the rebels, so that would be kinda tricky, don´t know if you can get around that.

Cartaphilus
08-25-2008, 17:08
I remember some Jihads in MTW2 for Constantinopolis.

The idea of celtic jihads could be great. If the germans could do the same better, but if you face the problem that Miles Sueborum told, keep at least the jihad only for Gauls or only for Germans, but keep it.

andrew.murphy1
09-22-2008, 18:30
Maybe a Sweboz Jihad could be used to represnt the Teutonic Incursions of Marius's day???
Just an idea :) and it would then not be a bad idea for them to get the jihad option, after all, all germans originated in scandinavia, so they'd only really be continuing an age old tradition of migration

General Appo
09-22-2008, 18:58
The EB team has already stated that they will not represent invasion, migrations or anything of the sort originating from the area covered by the EB map and which took place a substantial time after 272 BC.
No Teutonic or Cimbric migrations. After all, why the hell would the Teutones try to migrate by force to Italy if say the Sweboz have already conquered it, or the Romans have conquered Germania.
Also, remember that few players ever reach 109-101 BC when the Teutonic invasion took place, and even if they do it´s unlikely that the map will look anything like it did in reality.

Foot
09-22-2008, 22:29
Um, thats not exactly right. We won't script the teutonic/cimbri migrations. But thats not to say the player or AI couldn't launch their own. The mechanics of such a migreation is still under discussion.

Foot

General Appo
09-22-2008, 22:38
Yes, well, I only meant to say that you have stated that you will not force such migrations into happening the way the historically did.