PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a couple of volunteers...

CountArach
08-20-2008, 09:35
Hey all/Howdy/Random greeting appropriate to your area. Yes. I have had too much coffee today.

Anyway, I'm thinking about having another crack at an Interactive History set in the Napoleonic Wars. Basically it will involve re-fights of the various campaigns. However, the difference would be that I would fight a tabletop battle game for the various conflicts that arise from all sides of the conflict - something I don't think has ever been done on here before.

Now my problem is that I'm not sure how this will work. As such I am going to run a practice corps sized battle with one player on each side running the armies. I would play the battle and relay information about how it is going to the players every couple of turns. The players would then give me information about what they want to happen, etc, etc until the battle is concluded.

What I am asking for is a couple of people willing to volunteer their time for this - a decent level of activity (ie visiting every day) would be highly appreciated, as would experience with various tabletop games. Just post in here if you are interested in helping. Note that this isn't a sign-up thread for the full campaign. That will come later.

Thanks.

Kagemusha
08-20-2008, 10:50
I can help you. I can promise to visit pretty much every day during week, but during weekends i many times have lot better things to do so does speak, but im here, here and then also during weekends.:yes:

CountArach
08-20-2008, 11:03
Just one more volunteer then I guess.

King Kurt
08-20-2008, 11:39
I would be interested - but I am off on holiday from this weekend until early september.

What do you mean by tabletop game - figures/ scenary/ rules/ dice or a boardgame?

I am comfortable with both - for my figure wargamming see this thread - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=106695

Sounds interesting - and challenging - good idea to try it out before diving into a full IH.

CountArach
08-20-2008, 12:02
I would be interested - but I am off on holiday from this weekend until early september.
That would probably be a problem as I would be looking to start the testing before then. I would start the actual campaign during September though.

What do you mean by tabletop game - figures/ scenary/ rules/ dice or a boardgame?
I mean actual Tabletop wargame (I have been trying to get back into the hobby lately, though I have few opponents - hence I need to look for other ways to fullfil my will to game... such as this). You can find the free rules here:
http://www.deepfriedhappymice.com/html/gw_elan.html

Sounds interesting - and challenging - good idea to try it out before diving into a full IH.
I've found myself in the past to be rather... unreliable and I go off on things half-cocked without thinking them through. I just want to try and avoid that this time.

CountArach
08-21-2008, 12:54
No one else?

KarlXII
08-21-2008, 12:57
I'll volunteer.

Though, once the school year arises, I will be busy.

CountArach
08-21-2008, 13:50
That's fine, I just need you to be active for a week or so I guess.

I'll get stuff to the two of you tomorrow.

Csargo
08-21-2008, 23:36
I TOLD YOU I'D DO IT CA. ARGGGG :soapbox:

CountArach
08-22-2008, 01:27
I TOLD YOU I'D DO IT CA. ARGGGG :soapbox:
Haha, sorry man. I'll keep a spot open for you in the full thing.

seireikhaan
08-22-2008, 04:36
I'll volunteer.

CountArach
08-22-2008, 04:43
I'll volunteer.
Just a bit too late mate.

Csargo
08-22-2008, 08:20
angry ICHI is angry

https://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2884/angrybabyheadvx6.jpg

Sarathos
08-26-2008, 07:59
Though I am too late to volunteer, most definitely reserve a spot for me in the full campaign, thanks CA.

CountArach
08-26-2008, 11:17
Though I am too late to volunteer, most definitely reserve a spot for me in the full campaign, thanks CA.
Will do.

Lord Winter
08-27-2008, 01:53

Same

Ferret
08-27-2008, 22:49
same :laugh4:

CountArach
08-28-2008, 12:05
I swear I wrote that this wasn't a sign-up thread somewhere :wink:

Nah, it's cool. I suppose that there are enough people interested in this for me to do a write-up of the battle. When I finally get new orders out... ie - Tonight.

Flavius Clemens
08-28-2008, 13:39
Certainly would be interested in hearing how the test battle went.

CountArach
08-28-2008, 13:58
Certainly would be interested in hearing how the test battle went.
We've barely started :laugh4:

Mostly because I had an assignment that I only remembered on the day I got the second PM...

Baby Boomer
10-01-2008, 06:40
Even though you don't need any more expressions of interest...

I would also,ah, like to take part in this ideal of yours, as it sounds interesting, and the Napoleonic Wars have always been very interesting to me. (Also a interesting idea for a Interactive History, how many Napoleonic interactive's have been running now?) It has potential :D