PDA

View Full Version : Idea.

Seign Thelas
08-22-2008, 08:19
For a new IH. I'm not sure of the time period or anything specific, but it would play out something like this:

Every participant is an officer or official under ONE liege lord.

The turns will consist of a civil phase and a battle phase, each one will effect the other.

The battles will be the central part of the game.

For the civil phase, it will run like a Kraxis style IH with the generals voting on a course of action. Eventually this will lead to a battle or battles, which will then be played out by all of the characters.

The battles will play out something like a Final Fantasy tactics game, but with troops and the like. The commander in the battle (Could be the liege (me) or a general I have assigned (one of you)) will give orders, depending on the officers under him, they could disobey the order or follow it. Really it comes down to the officer (you). All subordinate officers will give their orders directly to me, and then the battle will play out, the battle may be (probably will be) more than one turn of this.

After the battle, things will happen (characters may die, increase in stats, troops get better based on performance, etc.) and then another civil phase will start. This COULD go on for a very long time, all I would need is participation.

Peasant Phill
08-26-2008, 11:26
Just a few hints:

- Are you sure you can put in the time and effort. IH, non-standard IH's even more so, are a lot of work.
- Start with a setting or a story. It will attract far more attention and participation.
- Start with clear rules on all aspects.
- Test the rules first So that you know if they work well enough
- Make sure turns don't take to long. The longer the turn, the higher the risk that you or a significant part of the participants don't have time anymore.

Make a new topic with this in mind and I'm sure you'll get a few participants. You'll almost certain of my participation.