PDA

View Full Version : Rebellions, and New Factions being Introduced

darrin42
08-22-2008, 18:02
Just something I got into my Head. I read before, that If a Revalution takes place in this game, against your faction, that you have the choice of backing the Current Government, or else taking command of the Rebel force, to try and establish a new Form of Government...And this got me thinking. Would it therefore be possible, to create your own Faction?

For E.g, If I was to play as Great Britian, and Miss-treat Ireland incredibly bad, so as to force a rebellion...then back the Rebels, that could potentionaly Introduce an Irish faction to the game, for you to take control of? Anyone ever think about this feature? And correct me , if im wrong...but is it not one of the Coolest, Ideas ever?! Thanks in advance :beam:

leonardo
08-22-2008, 18:51
I also think this region may just join you or anyone who backs them up.(you scratch their back they scratch yours)

darrin42
08-22-2008, 19:53
I also think this region may just join you or anyone who backs them up.(you scratch their back they scratch yours)

You mean, if Ireland was to Rebel agaisnt Britian...it may not become its own faction, But rather join up with France, or something like that?

Mailman653
08-22-2008, 21:29
You mean, if Ireland was to Rebel agaisnt Britian...it may not become its own faction, But rather join up with France, or something like that?

Napoleon would of loved that.

darrin42
08-22-2008, 22:13
Well he had a LOT of Irish Support for him, as it was lol.

darrin42
08-22-2008, 22:51
COME ON PEOPLE ANSWER THIS TOPIC FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Am I right in that Hunch, Or am I Wrong?!:wall:

Warmaster Horus
08-23-2008, 00:24
Hey, come on you posted this barely 5 hours ago... It's 1 am where I live, so logically some people are asleep. Give people time, since we're on a forum. And you already got some replies...

On topic, it would be nice if it worked that way, but I think it's not going to happen. If I recall correctly (and I'm not sure of this since I haven't been paying enough attention to the ETW previews) there are only 10 playable factions. If you included revolutions working like you propose, that number would not be accurate at all.
I think what that feature will be is a kind of civil war thing. Kind of like the War of Secession in America, but based on governmental ideals.

darrin42
08-23-2008, 00:59
Hey, come on you posted this barely 5 hours ago... It's 1 am where I live, so logically some people are asleep. Give people time, since we're on a forum. And you already got some replies...

On topic, it would be nice if it worked that way, but I think it's not going to happen. If I recall correctly (and I'm not sure of this since I haven't been paying enough attention to the ETW previews) there are only 10 playable factions. If you included revolutions working like you propose, that number would not be accurate at all.
I think what that feature will be is a kind of civil war thing. Kind of like the War of Secession in America, but based on governmental ideals.

Ha-ha 1 Am here to! :2thumbsup: Ok Ok, Sorry for being Impatient..:(

On Topic, Yes ten official factions are confimred ad being playable from the start. But It deff did say, once a revalution takes place, u can choose to play as the rebels. My theory is that if a rebellion breaks out in Ireland, it will be a rebellion, to change the official Government, of Great Britian, And not just to free Ireland. But for Reform for the entire Country!

Either that...or else What I stated before, about New factions coming. Even though the faction would probably not be named Ireland...Would probably be names Britush rebels, or something. Still its a Cool idea, just to be able to play as rebel states,

Warmaster Horus
08-23-2008, 01:14
Well, the point of a rebellion against the state is generally to establish (or re-establish) the state. If the rebels are called British rebels, then they'll be trying to change Britain's government, and not establish a country of their own.

That said, if a peace settlement could be achieved, after hacking of the save game (if it's possible and if it's easy enough for the average player to do it), you could change the name of that rebel faction (maybe change a couple of other things like strategic map colour and the banner of the faction), you could have your very own emerging faction under your control!

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. We'll just have to wait and see (and hope a dev posts here!)

darrin42
08-23-2008, 01:51
Well, the point of a rebellion against the state is generally to establish (or re-establish) the state. If the rebels are called British rebels, then they'll be trying to change Britain's government, and not establish a country of their own.

That said, if a peace settlement could be achieved, after hacking of the save game (if it's possible and if it's easy enough for the average player to do it), you could change the name of that rebel faction (maybe change a couple of other things like strategic map colour and the banner of the faction), you could have your very own emerging faction under your control!

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. We'll just have to wait and see (and hope a dev posts here!)

I Suppose so. I was just thinking to myself, if Ireland was to rebel, Then Why Would England, or Scotland, neccisarily rebel with it? If they were being treatd well I mean. Therefore, Would the rebellion, not just be Confised to Ireland? Ah it is so confusing lool!!! The idea tho, of being able to take control of rebels, and establish your own faction is so cool! Even if the name was not official like..you wouldent HAVE to attack Britian..you could choose to do what you wanted to, as long as you had control of them...But your right, we'l just have to wait and see!

Khazar_Dahvos
08-23-2008, 05:22
what will prob happen is that regardless of whatever side you pick the opposite will just be rebels and you will still be the faction. For instance if you pick the side that wants gov change then the old regime will just be rebels kinda like in MTW 1 but different since you can choose which side to take!!!:smash:

Martok
08-23-2008, 08:09
what will prob happen is that regardless of whatever side you pick the opposite will just be rebels and you will still be the faction. For instance if you pick the side that wants gov change then the old regime will just be rebels kinda like in MTW 1 but different since you can choose which side to take!!!:smash:
It's my hunch as well that this will be the case (or at least something similar). Of course, I certainly wouldn't mind something more complex. ~:)

Khazar_Dahvos
08-23-2008, 09:27
indeed there will probably be alot more activity from the rebels and such like building more troops (it wont be quite as stagnant as it was in mtw when I had to go out and attack my rebel generals cuz they were not as strong as me. CA will sure to have some tricks up there sleeves with this. Did you guys notice that Europe does not have any rebel territories at all hmmmmmm..... coincidence maybe!!!!. It will probably make the the rebellions alot stronger!!!:laugh4: Dont forget the AI now supposedly has objectives!!!!!

Rhyfelwyr
08-23-2008, 11:25
Well we know for certain that some factions will appear from rebellions against others, we've already been told Scotland the the USA will do this.

However, I really doubt they will be playable. Well the USA will be playable because they said there is a campaign for its War of Independance, but you probably won't get to go factions appearing in mid-campaign, as cool as if would be.

You can choose which side to take in a civil war though, which IMO is going to be fantastic. Cromwell's Republic will be restored in England!

PBI
08-23-2008, 12:10
I suspect there will be two types of rebellion; a national rebellion caused by strong Republican or Monarchist sentiment, which will work pretty much like civil wars in MTW; troops will mutiny and/or rebels appear based upon how much revolutionary sentiment there is in each province. You will then have the option to support the rebels or the government, with both sides being essentially the same in terms of units.

The other type I suspect will be regional rebellions like the United Irishmen or the Jacobites, which will be caused by sheer unpopularity of the foreign ruling power. In these I suspect you will not have the option to control the rebels but these rebellions will be more unique and dependent on the region they occur in. Possibly these could even be emergent factions, since from the campaign map shots it's clear CA have no problem with including loads and loads of factions this time.

Well, that's my guess at how it'll work, there's any number of ways they could do it though. It'll be interesting to see how it's done, there will certainly have to be a new system from M2TW to incorporate the new features. Hopefully it'll allow for modding in all sorts of interesting emergent factions/unique rebels.

Rhyfelwyr
08-23-2008, 13:12
Scotland is confirmed as an emergent faction, although it won't necessarily emerge every game.

I look forward to gunning down some Jacobites! Rule Britannia!

darrin42
08-23-2008, 13:35
I suspect there will be two types of rebellion; a national rebellion caused by strong Republican or Monarchist sentiment, which will work pretty much like civil wars in MTW; troops will mutiny and/or rebels appear based upon how much revolutionary sentiment there is in each province. You will then have the option to support the rebels or the government, with both sides being essentially the same in terms of units.

The other type I suspect will be regional rebellions like the United Irishmen or the Jacobites, which will be caused by sheer unpopularity of the foreign ruling power. In these I suspect you will not have the option to control the rebels but these rebellions will be more unique and dependent on the region they occur in. Possibly these could even be emergent factions, since from the campaign map shots it's clear CA have no problem with including loads and loads of factions this time.

Well, that's my guess at how it'll work, there's any number of ways they could do it though. It'll be interesting to see how it's done, there will certainly have to be a new system from M2TW to incorporate the new features. Hopefully it'll allow for modding in all sorts of interesting emergent factions/unique rebels.

Darn it! If that is the case, I NEED to play as the united Irish men! 1798 Shall rise again! :egypt:

Mailman653
08-23-2008, 14:32
Forget republic, long live King Washington :knight:

Martok
08-23-2008, 20:56
However, I really doubt they will be playable. Well the USA will be playable because they said there is a campaign for its War of Independance, but you probably won't get to go factions appearing in mid-campaign, as cool as if would be.
Actually, CA has stated on more than one occasion that the U.S. will be playable in the main campaign as well (albeit as an emergent faction, of course). I believe how it will work is that *if* the Colonies rebel (which isn't guaranteed to happen -- it's supposedly situational-dependent, much like the possibility of a Jacobite uprising), you'll have the choice to either continue playing as the British or switch over to playing as the Americans.

At least, that's my impression of how it will work. CA has been a little vague on the subject (of playing as the USA in the main campaign), so I may have the details completely wrong. :shrug:

Rhyfelwyr
08-23-2008, 23:18
Wow, that would be a great feature changing factions mid-campaign.

darrin42
08-24-2008, 01:11
Wow, that would be a great feature changing factions mid-campaign.

Indeed it Would, my Friend! And I Believe this is to be the case, I hears it stated by CA many, Many times before(Mostly In a direct reference to the US) Though, Im sure it will apply to a few other factions...God this game is going to be cool lol!

Hax
08-26-2008, 01:17
Jacobiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee uprising!

Let us slay our enemies while wearing kilts and playing bagpipes!

Sheogorath
08-26-2008, 02:11
From what I've heard (and some guessing) MOST revolutionary 'factions' will probably be like the 'Roman Rebel' factions in BI. Some will be different factions, but they'll be event related (or faction specific), which means that even if England takes over all of India and then lets it revolt, it'll just be the Super British Kingdom of India (with British people), not some crazy British-Indian fusion...thing.
But thats just a guess, of course. CA may've been able to pull something like that off :P

Mailman653
08-26-2008, 22:18
In another thread with the three previews one of those interviews hints at the possibilities of choosing new factions as they emerge mid game but maybe I'm interpreting it wrong.

darrin42
08-27-2008, 02:06
In another thread with the three previews one of those interviews hints at the possibilities of choosing new factions as they emerge mid game but maybe I'm interpreting it wrong.

NO lol, your not..I Noticed that to, and immediatly thought of this topic....Heres hoping. It Would be so cool though. They even hinted at no More ''Rebels'' But historicaly accurate Armys spawning...It would be preety hard to Add all these in for each Nation, And specific country but, Its Do-able! I really think theres a chance lol! GO CA:2thumbsup:

Megas Methuselah
08-27-2008, 02:53
Yeah, when I read that I almost fainted. OMG, I can't wait. let's hope, ppl!
:crowngrin:

Jolt
08-29-2008, 19:35
Forget republic, long live King Washington :knight:

*King George I :P

adembroski
09-02-2008, 12:51
Irish Rebels = fun filled and exciting. I hope they do something like that. If the US can rebel, there's no reason the Irish can't.

That's one of my issues with TW... only that which happened can happen in terms of those sorts of events. Maybe the colonies stay happy and the Irish revolt instead... The United States of the Hybernia is born.

Sol Invictus
09-02-2008, 15:05
Don't forget the Scots during '14 and the '45. I hope that Britain is under constant threat of revolts. It is the price they must pay to maintain a large farflung empire.:sweatdrop: