PDA

View Full Version : WotB Signup thread

Pages : [1] 2

Ibn-Khaldun
08-31-2008, 21:54
This is the Official signup thread for Will of the Basileus.

Avatars can be found in the Royal Library - Open Avatars (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=2040897&postcount=11) section

Hax
09-01-2008, 10:38
I confirm my participation.

Warmaster Horus
09-01-2008, 10:45
Here!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 10:49
WH since you pm-d me before I saw Hax's post here then you got higher rank in the list.

Those who confirm their participation here will get higher position in the list and thus they can choose their avatar before the others.

Celtic_Punk
09-01-2008, 11:24
I am also confirming my interest and participation! I look forward to starting this up!

The Celtic Viking
09-01-2008, 12:44
Present!

Ferret
09-01-2008, 13:28
confirmed

johnhughthom
09-01-2008, 14:38
I'm still interested.

Incitatus
09-01-2008, 15:20
I confirm my interest.

kingsnake
09-01-2008, 15:23
Here's my confirmation.

LordofUmbar
09-01-2008, 16:37
I'm ready!

Chaotix
09-01-2008, 18:13
I'm here. However, I'd like to say that I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few months, so I may not be able to have an in-game character, per say. I assume there will be votes and things like that? I can do that for now, but not much else.

TWFanatic
09-01-2008, 18:22
Confirming!

I'm here. However, I'd like to say that I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few months, so I may not be able to have an in-game character, per say. I assume there will be votes and things like that? I can do that for now, but not much else.

Ditto that. Perhaps we could give some other players the chance to be represented by in-game characters from the start. In the meantime I'll work behind the scenes with Chaotix here. Sometime in the near future I should be able to have a go at that save-game though.

One question: Where can I get the WoTB mod?

Cheers

Fondor_Yards
09-01-2008, 18:33
Still Alive

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 18:54
You can get the WotB mod from here:

Will add the link to the Rules and FAQ too.

EDIT: You will get the WotB mod from the FAQ and Rules thread once WH is ready with the installer.

Roka
09-01-2008, 19:09
here! :yes:

Warmaster Horus
09-01-2008, 20:40
Ah, the WotB mod we'll be using is not actually available right now. I'm making an installer that'll make it easy.
That mod is the one used for the test game, with Carthage getting the Recruitable bodyguard.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 20:42
TWFanatic and Chaotix27 I think we can find a solution. If you agree only to take part as unnamed nobles then it can be done. Later when you can more actively participate then we can recruit you an avatar. Actually we can recruit them for you even now and store them in Antioch. Which ever solution is better for you.

EDIT: WH .. got it.. PM me if your done. :thumbsup:

Merlox
09-01-2008, 21:03
Alotta players... I wanna join! =O lol

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 22:29
Merlox.. You do know that this is a RTW pbm campaign for Europa Barbarorum mod?

TWFanatic
09-01-2008, 23:36
TWFanatic and Chaotix27 I think we can find a solution. If you agree only to take part as unnamed nobles then it can be done. Later when you can more actively participate then we can recruit you an avatar. Actually we can recruit them for you even now and store them in Antioch. Which ever solution is better for you.

EDIT: WH .. got it.. PM me if your done. :thumbsup:

What do you mean by recruiting me an avatar? Recruit a recruitable general that will represent me who will rot in Antioch until I'm more active? Maybe you could wait till I am more active to recruit him so that he won't die of old age the moment I take reigns of his life (correct me if I misunderstand).

Merlox
09-01-2008, 23:46
I have to download the Mod, but other than that, i have the game. =p

Megas Methuselah
09-02-2008, 00:07
Don't forget me, eh? :clown:

I'm kind of busy right now. So count me alongside TWFanatic. It'll probably be a while before I have time to check up on this...

Rodrico Stak
09-02-2008, 02:14
I confirm my participation.

Chaotix
09-02-2008, 02:53
What you proposed is fine with me, Ibn-Khaldun. I'll participate as an unnamed noble until I have enough free time to get into the game. Thanks! :grin:

MerlinusCDXX
09-02-2008, 05:40
Yep, definitely still interested...and reporting for duty.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-02-2008, 08:09
What do you mean by recruiting me an avatar? Recruit a recruitable general that will represent me who will rot in Antioch until I'm more active? Maybe you could wait till I am more active to recruit him so that he won't die of old age the moment I take reigns of his life (correct me if I misunderstand).
You got it all right. I will not recruit avatar(same as RGB) for you at the moment then. You can vote and post OOC thread but you can't speak or propose edicts in the Royal Chamber or in any IC threads. The same goes to Methuselah and Chaotix27.

00jebus
09-02-2008, 12:04
Confirming my inn-age

ULC
09-02-2008, 23:38
Confirming, got my internets back ^^.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-04-2008, 08:04
Ok, this is what will going to happen now. Later in Friday I'll post screenshots of all available avatars. (I apologize but I can't do it today do to lack of time). After that you can pick your character. How you do it? Simple, we use the list in the first post. Example, after I have picked my avatar then I'll pm the next in the list to make his choice who will pm the next in the list after he have picked his avatar and so on. And after YLC have made his choice then I will open the first Royal Council session in Sunday, hopefully.
I will also post two IC threads as well, Agoraa and Theater, for inter character meetings and so on.
I know that some want things to go faster but real life is taking it's own even from me. :shame:

ULC
09-04-2008, 09:19
Is it me, or am I always on the bottom of every list? Surely it has nothing to do with the Y...

Ibn-Khaldun
09-05-2008, 23:17
YLC.. this is fate. Accept this already! :clown:

Anyway I'm going to post the pictures of the avatars first thing in the morning but now I'm going to sleep.

Ferret
09-06-2008, 00:06
WooHoo! Maybe it's about time I actually found out what EB is, or at least download it :laugh4:

Olimpian
09-06-2008, 14:09
I am still interested,but RL problems means I can't take an avatar just now.Still,I'm up for voting and such...

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 14:11
Here are the avatars finally.
After you have picked your avatar then pm the guy next in the list.
The list can be found on the first post.
Chaotix27 and TWFanatic will join later and they decided not to have an in-game character at the moment.
If you don't like none of those avatars then I have 4 back-up avatars and I will post them here too.
Also please mention in what settlement you would like to start the game!

To get this thing going I will choose Antiochos Syriakos as my avatar.

The avatars are on the first post. ~:)

Celtic_Punk
09-06-2008, 14:23
{DELETED SEGMENT}
I'm an idiot totally did not read below the Mugshots...

Arrhenides Gedrosianos please.

Hax
09-06-2008, 14:46
Andromachos Syriakos please.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 15:15
I apologize but I forgot to mention that you should specify your starting location too.
So please say in what settlement you like to start?

Celtic_Punk
09-06-2008, 15:17
could I start near Galatia, since my Avatar is supposed to be the son of a Galatian. (i think the settlement starts with an I... Idos or something)

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 15:19
Ipsos it is then:yes:

Warmaster Horus
09-06-2008, 15:19
As soon as possible (later today, in other words), images of the extent of the Arche and images of the entire world will be added in the Royal Library. You guys can check where you'd like to start (once the pics are posted, of course...)

Celtic_Punk
09-06-2008, 15:21
YES! i knew it was d or p damn dyslexia... Kudos to you for being able to remember all those settlement names.

Hax
09-06-2008, 15:25
Persepolis.

The Celtic Viking
09-06-2008, 15:28
Sarpedon Syriakos will be mine. I would like to start in Sardis, if possible.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 16:51
I have moved the mugshots to the first post so they can be easier to find. ~:)

Ferret
09-06-2008, 17:10
Can I have Theodoros Syriakos please.

kingsnake
09-06-2008, 21:55
grrr there are still 2 more people before me and they never get online :furious3:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 22:33
You can send me pm with your choice and if the others don't want him then he is yours. ~:)

kingsnake
09-06-2008, 22:44
Ok I will do that.

One helpful thing whould be to know the starting diplomacy and where we are going to concentrate our expansion, but I guess those things will be decided in the first council. I just want to place my avatar right in the middle of the action :laugh4:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 23:01
If you want to be middle of the action then near Egyptian or Pahlava border you can find a lot of it. Also in Mikra Asia I think we will see a lot of fighting against Mak's and Greeks.

When we have our first Council session(after the avatar selection) we will determine our foreign policy. At the moment we are at war with the Ptollies, Epeiros and Mak's. (I could be wrong :shame:)

Motep
09-06-2008, 23:13
This looks kinda cool...

I would like to join this, when total war eras comes in the mail...(shoulda been here today, but it didnt come. Guess I wait till monday!)

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 23:22
Well you need EB too.
Also because people are still picking their avatars then it is easy for you to join. ~:)
Anyway, Welcome Motep! :bow:

Celtic_Punk
09-06-2008, 23:26
makedon is allied with selucids, we will be fighting KH, THIS IS SPAAARTAAAA:guitarist:

Incitatus
09-06-2008, 23:29
What is the standard procedure for time that needs to be waited before the next person on the list can make his choice? I guess I'm just anxious, I can't wait to pick my avatar!

Motep
09-06-2008, 23:32
:bow:

I know, I just dont feel like patching my copy of rtw, or I will lose my mod files. Ill just wait for eras, and install it in a new area.

johnhughthom
09-06-2008, 23:36
Sorry if anybody was waiting, just in from work. I will take Polyxenidos Lykikos and start in Babylon.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 23:42
Incitatus.. it's your turn. ~:)

Incitatus
09-06-2008, 23:54
I'll take Alexandros Syriakos and start in Antiocheia, please.

Hax
09-06-2008, 23:57
I'll take Alexandros Syriakos and start in Antiocheia, please.

Have fun dying against the Ptolemaioi ;D

There's a reason why I chose to stay in Persepolis, haha. I'm a true coward! The Arche Seleukeia is held by men that are not afraid of death, for the greater good of Seleukeia. I'm not of those men.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 00:00
Lol Hax..

Anyway.. it is LordOfUmbar's turn since kingsnake sent me his choice and it is Aratos Arethousas Syriakes

Incitatus
09-07-2008, 00:00
double post

Incitatus
09-07-2008, 00:01
Have fun dying against the Ptolemaioi ;D

I will have fun, thank you. I'm out to get as much honor and glory as I can and if death comes, so be it.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 00:04
Since you have to get 'battle points' to get higher rank then Incitatus might get them sooner than some others. And since he just needs 5 points - that is 2 heroic victories and up he goes :yes:

Roka
09-07-2008, 00:11
i cannot wait to find out who my character is, probably an RGB at this rate :laugh4:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 00:14
There are still 3 FM's available ~:)

Roka
09-07-2008, 00:16
that's even more painful for me then, as i'll be the first person not to get an FM :beam:

Olimpian
09-07-2008, 10:16
Please put me under the "will join later" category.

kingsnake
09-07-2008, 10:21
Ok put me at Antiocheia I'll gladly enslave all of Aigyptos (did I write that correctly)

:egypt:
:egypt: :whip:
:egypt:

when I conquer a city does my avatar have the liberty to choose wether to sack and ensalve the population? :beam:

Warmaster Horus
09-07-2008, 10:23
when I conquer a city does my avatar have the liberty to choose wether to sack and ensalve the population?
I believe you can, but before you choose, remember the consequences it'll have IC. Other players may find you to be a bit cruel for doing that, and can act against you because of it.

Celtic_Punk
09-07-2008, 10:31
do you control settlements you conquer? campaigns are directed by the baselius right? so you cant just conquer a settlement unless the direction and strategy of the campaign is given to you? (like when the greeks elected Pericles to Strategos)

kingsnake
09-07-2008, 10:31
Hey correction put me right on the western border of Antiocheia so I can quickly invade southern Mikro Asia :charge:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 10:55
when I conquer a city does my avatar have the liberty to choose wether to sack and ensalve the population?

Exactly what WH said. If you conquer then it is your choice whether you occupy, expel or enslave the population.

do you control settlements you conquer? campaigns are directed by the baselius right? so you cant just conquer a settlement unless the direction and strategy of the campaign is given to you? (like when the greeks elected Pericles to Strategos)

If you conquer a settlement then it is up to Basileus whether he allows you govern the settlement or not. You are conquering in his name after all. If Regular Army is created then Basileus will give you the right to move them and fight with them. But you do not own that army. And yes, you can not go on a rampage and start conquering settlement after another. We need Edicts or declaration of war against AI factions that will give us direction where we go.

Celtic_Punk
09-07-2008, 11:05
there are cases of men doing that (see Caesars crazy conquering of Gaul) so if you do that, maybe there should be consequences (like declaring you enemy of the King, thereby starting a civil war) of course you could only do this if you were already at war with the faction you are steamrolling

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 11:09
Ok.. if LordofUmbar does not make his pick before I come back then I'll pm Fondor_Yards and he will get the chance to make his choice.
I have to mention this that the first Council session is actually one of the most important ones. There will be some who will be granted with the title of Satrap and some others will have the privilege to become Commanders of Regular Armies. Those who join later will have a bit harder to get something like that.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 11:12
there are cases of men doing that (see Caesars crazy conquering of Gaul) so if you do that, maybe there should be consequences (like declaring you enemy of the King, thereby starting a civil war) of course you could only do this if you were already at war with the faction you are steamrolling

If you we already are at war with a faction then you can conquer as many settlements as you can. I meant that people can't start wars or something like that. Declaring a war is in the powers of Basileus and Royal Council via an Edict. But no simple Strategos can't do it.

kingsnake
09-07-2008, 11:17
Ok so we can conquer any settlement we want only if we are at war with that faction what about Eleutheroi settlements?

Celtic_Punk
09-07-2008, 12:01
good call, I think since they are independant you have to declare war on each settlement. Also if you want to make an expedition deep into enemy territory (and not just a raid or attack on a bordering settlement/province) you should require your superior's approval... not a vote in the council, but just "hey mr satrap can i go sack memphis?" "why yes you can mr strategos!" im paraphrasing and adding a bit of jest, but you get the idea....

ULC
09-07-2008, 18:43
Seems weird that OOC talk and rules discussion should somehow migrate to the Sigh-up thread :laugh4:

LordofUmbar
09-07-2008, 20:04
Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes for me.

I'll start out in Margiana's town (don't know the name).

Sorry for taking a while.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 20:09
LordofUmbar.. got it.
Sry Merlinus but you have to find another guy ~:(

YLC.. it is weird indeed.

So from this time on I would like you people post any OOC talk and Rules discussion in the OOC thread. :yes:

Chaotix
09-07-2008, 21:01
I'm Theodotas Termessou Pisidikes, and starting in Sardis. :2thumbsup:

Merlox
09-07-2008, 22:53
Timoxenos Pamphyliakos if you will

Also, I am having alittle trouble with Rome total war with the mod, trying to figure it out,, (Could it be vista?)

MerlinusCDXX
09-07-2008, 22:54
@ Ibn-Khaldun, ok, I guess I'm waitin' on the 3 guys ahead of me then. I replied quickly 'cause I was worried about holding things up by being slow lol.

Rodrico Stak
09-08-2008, 13:54
I'll take Attalos Pergamou Mysiakes, starting in Sardis.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 14:32
Ok.. I updated the first post.

Now there are 5 people who have to pick their characters:Fondor_Yards, Roka, 00jebus, YourLordandConqueror, Motep.

Also some people have to say in what settlement they want to be at the start of the game:Elite Ferret, kingsnake(was it Antiocheia?) and Merlox.

Those who 'will join later' can vote but they can't propose any Edicts/Amendments in Council Sessions.

Ferret
09-08-2008, 16:10
I'll start wherever my character starts, I have no idea what places we have (don't have EB yet...)

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 16:23
(don't have EB yet...)

My response to that would be: :wall:

Edit: He starts in Ekbatana

Edit2: Here is the EB map(don't know how new/old it is though:shame:)

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/ibnkhaldun/WotB/ebmap072plainsmall6dw.gif

kingsnake
09-08-2008, 17:03
Will characters have an army from start? Or will we have to wait for recruitment?
If I have to wait for recruitment put me in the city north of Tarsos and south of Pontos I thinks it's Massaka.
If not put me right at most western point of Antiocheia's region.

Hey I noticed Mikro Asia is a bit overcrowded on avatars, if you think other regions are too deserted and need an avatar just ask me and I'll be glad moving position, I won't mind protecting Seleukeia's backside against baktrian and indian elefants or protecting our Caucasian territories...:beam: I just don't like fighting nomads their always running away with their ponies ~:pissed: ... cowards ... >.>

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 17:24
No avatar will have an army at the start.
Also no ordinary avatar will have it's own army. They can command Regular armies with the Basileus' permission or Royal armies if Basileus or FH allow you to do it.

Ok, I'll move you to Mazaka when we start.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 19:03
I'll open the first Council Session tomorrow.
Those who have not picked their avatars yet can do that during the Council Session. But I advise you take them before it and please mention in what settlement you like to start.
Once the first Council session is over we will make last moves with the save(move your avatars into the right settlements and so on) and publish it into the Basileus' and Chancellor Reports Thread so you can finally take the save and see 'our little empire' ~:)

Roka
09-08-2008, 21:06
is the order on the first page the order in which you get to choose your avatar?

if so how come some people lower down the list than me have picked?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 21:59
Since I wanted to speed up the avatar picking..
If some people don't respond for many days then it's unfair to the others to wait until they get online again..
I know there could be RL issues but like I said.. it's unfair to the others..
I apologize if that the others got their chance to pick their avatars, although they are down in the list, offended you. :shame:

Edit: Since you wanted FM then there is still one open(Achaios Syriakos). I'll keep it for you if you want.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 22:05
Timoxenos Pamphyliakos if you will

Also, I am having alittle trouble with Rome total war with the mod, trying to figure it out,, (Could it be vista?)

Since I don't have vista then I can't help you. But you can always search the EB forum for answers. I think there was a thread about similar problem couple of months ago.

Roka
09-08-2008, 22:07
it hasn't offended me so to speak although i feel it is slightly unfair to the people who wait patiently to make their choice of avatar, i mean i thought that the logical way to approach it would be to wait until the people before you on the list have made their choice that way you don't get disapointed if someone else wants your avatar

Roka
09-08-2008, 22:11
Since I wanted to speed up the avatar picking..
If some people don't respond for many days then it's unfair to the others to wait until they get online again..
I know there could be RL issues but like I said.. it's unfair to the others..
I apologize if that the others got their chance to pick their avatars, although they are down in the list, offended you. :shame:

Edit: Since you wanted FM then there is still one open(Achaios Syriakos). I'll keep it for you if you want.

if i'm next to pick then i'll take him but if there is someone ahead of me on the list who wants him then they can have them

would be a bit hypocritical to complain about the order not being kept and then jump the queue myself

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 22:16
You shall have him:yes:
Just tell me where you want to start?

Roka
09-08-2008, 22:27
antiocheia (sp?)

00jebus
09-08-2008, 23:46
Timarchos Anaias Mysiakes please

also, Ibn... nothing there, did you send something?

Warmaster Horus
09-09-2008, 12:07
Where, 00jebus?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 14:23
00jebus.. yes I sent you pm a long time ago..

But it doesn't matter now since you are here and you have picked your avatar as well :beam:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 16:52
Also some people have to say in what settlement they want to be at the start of the game:Elite Ferret, Merlox and 00jebus.

Ferret
09-09-2008, 17:47
I already did...the place that my guy is at already will do.

00jebus
09-09-2008, 17:55
Anywhere in the east would be nice for me, the closer to India (without a chance of revolt if I take the army with me) the better

So anywhere near Susa or Parsa.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 18:09
Sry.. EF.. Yes you did:shame:

00jebus.. Got it.. Will find a nice little town for you in the east :beam:

ULC
09-09-2008, 21:59
Epigenes Alexandrias Troikes for me...sigh

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 22:02
Got it. And in where do you want to start?

A Terribly Harmful Name
09-09-2008, 22:06
Aristodemos Euergetes - Basileos ton Ellenon.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 22:10
Umm.. did you checked the first post?

You can pick those RGB's as avatars.. If you don't want them then I have 4 back up RGB too..

Aristodemos Euergetes - I do not have any avatar with that name though..

ULC
09-09-2008, 23:21
Put me where their will be the heaviest fighting, if possible.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-10-2008, 15:02
Looks like it will be Antiocheia. So you can start there.

Fondor_Yards
09-10-2008, 19:07
I'm real sorry about not posting this sooner, but school has really picked up and I won't have time for this, sorry guys.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-10-2008, 19:45
No problem then :2thumbsup:

Roka
09-12-2008, 16:29
sorry about this guys but i won't be able to play for now, my computer has been ravged by a virus and everytime i try to run EB my compuer crashes, i should still be able to take part in the council sessions etc..

just leave my avatar in antiocheia until i have solved my problem

Warmaster Horus
09-12-2008, 16:42
Noted. Hope it works out.

Celtic_Punk
09-12-2008, 17:12
I suggest reformating, virus' can be fickle, and you might not have even gotten rid of it if you get things working again. save as much work as you can and wipe it.

Motep
09-13-2008, 22:34
I remove my inclination to play. Lack of available time.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-13-2008, 22:41
Got it. ~:)

navarro951
09-15-2008, 00:49
id love to play along here but i am having install trouble with EB...cant seem to get it to work

johnhughthom
09-15-2008, 00:54
id love to play along here but i am having install trouble with EB...cant seem to get it to work

Try the Bug report and technical help sub forum in the EB forum.

navarro951
09-15-2008, 05:25
Philomelos Beroias Syriakes (Anywhere near Sardis)

I have signed my entry and await a reply!

navarro951
09-15-2008, 06:41
Philomelos Beroias Syriakes (Anywhere near Sardis)

I have signed my entry and await a reply!
Correction on this post (didnt realize that was older) any way im still interested in playing and looking for an open avatar still near sardis i have all files loaded im ready to play so wont need any further questions

Ibn-Khaldun
09-15-2008, 08:24
Welcome! ~:wave:

I will spawn you a general in Sardis once I do my turn. The first post is somewhat misleading. The open generals were killed off.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-15-2008, 10:21
navarro951 I spawned you a general. If you don't like him then I will recruit you 3-4 other ones so you could choose.
Anyway this is the general I recruited this time in Sardis.

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/ibnkhaldun/WotB/panaitolos.jpg

navarro951
09-15-2008, 23:41
ill takem thanx! so should i take the save and get started? (have the mod,read the rules, pretty much good to go:beam:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-16-2008, 00:12
If you have the mod and read the rules then you are ready indeed :yes:
You can take the save and move your avatar and just look around ~:)

GMaximus
10-13-2008, 19:10
If still possible, I'd love to join this...

Celtic_Punk
10-13-2008, 19:12
yep, we'll get you a RBG, Ibh will recruit a few for you to choose from, then youc hoose a settlement inwhich to start.

Ibn-Khaldun
10-13-2008, 22:07
Welcome GMaximus! ~:wave:

Of course you can join! Actually there is one avatar open - Theodoros Syriakos. If you don't want him then I'll spawn you 2-3 RBG's for you to choose from.

The Celtic Viking
10-13-2008, 23:15
Yes, welcome! We'd love to have more players here, so don't hesitate to invite any of your friends to come as well. The more the merrier, I say! :bow:

johnhughthom
10-14-2008, 00:05
I posted in the original thread in the EB forum inviting more people to join, it would be good to get a few more people in and maybe get some factions started. Some nice cloak and dagger political intrigue which must have been rife in the AS IRL.

GMaximus
10-14-2008, 05:27
Welcome GMaximus! ~:wave:

Of course you can join! Actually there is one avatar open - Theodoros Syriakos. If you don't want him then I'll spawn you 2-3 RBG's for you to choose from.
I'd preffer a new RGB, actually.

Ibn-Khaldun
10-14-2008, 08:11
OK, I'll spawn you new avatars. I will post their mugshots here after TCV ends the turn. Although Theodoros was already a family member.

Ibn-Khaldun
10-15-2008, 09:33
Here are two RBG's I recruited, GMaximus. Make your pick.

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/ibnkhaldun/WotB/mikithon.jpg

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/ibnkhaldun/WotB/polyarches.jpg

GMaximus
10-15-2008, 12:21
I think I'll take Mikithion Kalamou Phoinikikes. As for starting location, I love Antioch, so Antiocheia will do fine.

So, as I see Mikithion is already there judging from the pic, and I've read the rules and downloaded the mod, I'm good to go?

The Celtic Viking
10-15-2008, 13:07
Yup, just make a post in the SOT (Status and Orders Thread) and you're all set.

Alerion
10-28-2008, 17:58
I'd love to join too - just wanted to ask if thats possible and how it'll work - still have to read through some stuff before starting though

I'm through all of the rules and have maybe half of the faq left to read ;)

The Celtic Viking
10-28-2008, 18:31
It's always possible to join. The first thing you should do besides from finishing reading up is to choose your avatar. Ibn-Khaldun will show you your options, and if you like none he'll recruit some RGBs for you to choose one. Once you have your avatar you just make a post in the SOT and that's it!

Welcome! :bow:

Ibn-Khaldun
10-28-2008, 23:27
Welcome Alerion! ~:wave:

It is allways possible to join! Currently we have 1 open Avatar - Theodoros Syriakos. He is the son of Basileus Antiochos and have some very good management and influence traits. If you don't want him then I'll let MerlinusCDXX to recruit 2-3 RBG's for you.

~:)

Alerion
10-29-2008, 00:31
I guess I'll take him :)

Thanks for the welcomes

So what exactly am I to do now? I know I should create a SOT post for my avatar.
As far as I've understood, there's a council taking place right now, right? Am I supposed to be part of that already?
Right now I can have a look at the savegame but can't do anything until there's a new chancellor, right?

Ibn-Khaldun
10-29-2008, 00:40
The Council Session have just ended and the new Chancellor is appointed, it's MerlinusCDXX.
But yes, you can take the save and perhaps think a story where your avatar was so long and something like that.

SwissBarbar
10-29-2008, 10:30
i'm interested to join, but i wonder if i download the WotB - mod ... will that chance anything on my EB Campaigns or so?

greetings

Ibn-Khaldun
10-29-2008, 11:05

There are some mini mods put together for better AI. The most important files that it does change are the edb and edu files. They allow us to recruit the BG units if needed.
The easiest way to protect your earlier campaigns is to create another EB folder(either copy-paste or renaming your current EB folder to 'EB1' and installing EB all over again for WotB) and installing the WotB mod into the new EB folder.

SwissBarbar
10-29-2008, 11:13
ok ^^ thanks for answering so fast

in that case i'd like to join. :yes: i'll install it this afternoon when i'm at home

My english is not extremely good, so i may have some questions about the gameplay or the rules later...

Ibn-Khaldun
10-29-2008, 11:17
Always ask when you have some question! :yes:

This means that we need to recruit you some RBG's so you could choose yourself an avatar.
This will be done later when the current Chancellor will take the save to end this turn.

SwissBarbar
10-29-2008, 11:24
no problem, just send me a PM or post it here when you're ready

Marcus Agrippa
10-30-2008, 00:15
Hi,
I like the idea and would like to sign up to this campaign if there's a place avalible.

Celtic_Punk
10-30-2008, 09:26
well well well this thing is growin large eh! More avatars to kill in a brutal civil war >:)

Ibh will recruit some avatars for you, be sure to dl the mod, and read the rules n FAQ

Ibn-Khaldun
10-30-2008, 09:39
Welcome Marcus Agrippa! ~:wave:

I will post some RBG mugshots soon for you and SwissBarbar to choose. Although SwissBarbar have the first pick since he joined us before you.

MerlinusCDXX
10-31-2008, 10:31
Here are the 3 Avatar choices for our new players

https://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4668/rgb1sg9.jpg

https://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4879/rgb2wk4.jpg

https://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4507/rgb3fj8.jpg

Ibn-Khaldun
10-31-2008, 10:38
Thanks Merlinus! :bow:

SwissBarbar
10-31-2008, 11:03
i choose Nikarchos Asterias Syriakes

Ibn-Khaldun
10-31-2008, 11:11
Very well! He is yours! ~:)

SwissBarbar
10-31-2008, 11:14

Ibn-Khaldun
10-31-2008, 11:43
Btw, Is there any specific town where you want your avatar to start? Or Seleukeia is good enough?

This also goes for Marcus Agrippa. In what town you want to start or Seleukeia is fine enough?

Alerion
10-31-2008, 11:54
Yeah join me in Seleukia and lets have a big party ;)

Welcome to both of you :)

SwissBarbar
10-31-2008, 11:57
i'd like living in a rough town near the most horrific enemies :laugh4:

Ibn-Khaldun
10-31-2008, 12:42
i'd like living in a rough town near the most horrific enemies :laugh4:

That explains a lot! :inquisitive:

:clown:

SwissBarbar
10-31-2008, 12:47
öy, that explains only that i'm ready to kick the AS-Enemies asses

oh, ehm.. you'll tell me when i'm allowed to take the save, please? ^^

The Celtic Viking
10-31-2008, 13:03
You're allowed to take the save when no one else has it. You'll know if someone does if someone has said "taking the save" since the last upload. Oh, and when you take the save, make sure you take the last one that was uploaded, otherwise what everyone before you has done will be erased.

The special circumstance is when there's a council session ongoing, though. During that time you can only download the save and look at it, but not change anything. In that case you have to wait for the freshly appointed chancellor to declare it open before you can announce that you're taking the save and make any moves or changes.

SwissBarbar
10-31-2008, 13:06
ok, thx :) i just thought i had to wait till my avatar is at its starting position or so...

another question: does a new Strategos have an army, and if yes what does it look like? i did not find out in the faq. and is this the right thread to ask questions?

Marcus Agrippa
10-31-2008, 15:41
I choose Strategos Anaxarchos Kyrrhestikes Syriakes
I doubt that I can pronounse of spell that without it written down any where though.
I wish to start in the capital please.

Ibn-Khaldun
10-31-2008, 22:47
He is yours then. The third one will be killed of soon.
Also since all those RBG's were recruited in Seleukeia then you already are in capital. ~:)

And don't worry if you can't pronounce that name. Just think of some nickname from him.
For example, I can't pronounce my LotR avatars name too. So I call him 'Theo' for short! :beam:

Celtic_Punk
11-01-2008, 08:28
or in my case i gave my character a third name, saying it was his fathers name, Cunobelinus. you can make your avatar whomever you want to be. do not feel limited by the traits or ancillaries.

The Celtic Viking
11-01-2008, 12:23
I still think we should at the very least stick to the basics. That is, the sharp/charismatic/vigorous and selfish/optimistic/disloyal bars, and then keep as much to the other as we can. I mean, EB does have an excellent trait and ancillaries system, and we are playing the characters in game. It doesn't make much sense for a unselfish/pessimistic/loyal character to go around starting one civil war after another, or for a selfish/optimistic/disloyal type to be the most faithful dog in the game.

I'm not saying that you should limit yourself completely by it - I mean, just because you're selfish and disloyal it doesn't mean you have to start a civil war, or that you can't do a seemingly unselfish act, or vice versa. You should just be more inclined to do the other, and to which degree is up to you. I also agree with personal freedom as to making up things that aren't in your traits, at least as long as they don't blatantly contradict one or more of your traits. (Like, you can have your character be a drunkard even if he doesn't have that trait in game, but if he gets a trait saying that he lives his life avoiding alcohol... that part is pretty much screwed. I would role-play that scenario by saying he has had enough of it and wish to turn his life around, or something like that.)

In the end, it is up to you how you wish to do it, and I won't try to stop you. I'm just sharing my view of things. You are welcome to disagree.

Roka
11-01-2008, 22:02
any strategos not currently serving with an army are more than welcome to fight under my command in the basileus' royal army

Alerion
11-02-2008, 01:18
I totally agree TCV...

It tried to go with the traits as much as possible when I did my story for my avatar...

Marcus Agrippa
11-02-2008, 14:24
I will serve in the royal army and bring honour and glory to my Basileus and my country.

johnhughthom
11-02-2008, 15:10
I had intended my character to be a arrogant, drunken fool but when I saw all his traits I realized that wouldn't really fit, so he's kinda been all over the place personality wise. Damn you EB and your ability to give FMs a personality...

Celtic_Punk
11-02-2008, 19:12
mmm, im trying to stick to the traits a little bit, more as a guideline rather than concrete.

The Celtic Viking
11-02-2008, 20:08
*Shoots Celtic Punk*

Anyone else consider the traits to be "mere guidelines", huh? Huh?! :beadyeyes:

:clown:

Seriously though, I'm a fortunate one for once. I got a character that's exactly the way I wanted it, and has developed just the way I want to. I mostly create my own problems. :shame:

SwissBarbar
11-02-2008, 20:15
*G*

i hold to the traits as much as possible (well at the moment my avatar has not so many).

hes loyal, intelligent, characteristic and a man grown, but languorous.
i try to involve his traits in my roleplay, z.b. he's a makedon , so he speaks with an accent (thats how i explain my english *GGG*).

Adamantarius
11-02-2008, 21:30
Is it too late to sign up?

Ibn-Khaldun
11-02-2008, 21:32
It's never too late to join this!!! :yes:

Welcome on board!!

There will be some RBG's recruited for you as soon as the next turn is available!

kingsnake
11-06-2008, 22:21
Adamantarius, if you are still there, please be patient :)

The empire is being pressured by ptolemaic armies and some of the Strategoi are a bit inactive ;) so things are slow now and Ibn Khaldun still hasn't got his chance to recruit some RBGs for you.

Ibn-Khaldun
11-06-2008, 22:35
There is still one of the RBG's left that was recruited before - Apollonides Alindas Karikes.

You can check him here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=2051072&postcount=149)

General Appo
11-08-2008, 12:30
I am interesting in joining, and would not mind being a slightly retarded Armenian. So Apollonides is okay with me.

Roka
11-08-2008, 12:47
when you are ready I-K i'd like to see my options for my new avatar

keeping my fingers crossed for sharp/charismatic/vigorous

Ibn-Khaldun
11-08-2008, 14:56
Welcome General Appo! ~:wave:

If you want him then you shall have him since Adamantarius haven't told whether he want that character or not.
So, you are ready to roleplay him now. :yes:

Roka, I'll put 3 RBG's into the recruitment queue. Is there any specific town where you want your avatar to start?

Rodrico Stak
11-08-2008, 17:25
Hmm... I just noticed that my character died. :shame:

Oh well, these things happen. I'd like to see my options for a new avatar.

Roka
11-08-2008, 20:03
Welcome General Appo! ~:wave:

If you want him then you shall have him since Adamantarius haven't told whether he want that character or not.
So, you are ready to roleplay him now. :yes:

Roka, I'll put 3 RBG's into the recruitment queue. Is there any specific town where you want your avatar to start?

Antiocheia i am goign to make it so that my new avatar is the guy that killed the rebel leader, i left his name out for exactly this purpose

MerlinusCDXX
11-12-2008, 07:16
New RBG's

https://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7541/rgb11fl4.jpghttps://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9106/rgb12iw9.jpg

https://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6360/rgb21cu1.jpghttps://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8066/rgb22zz0.jpg

https://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5199/rgb31ok8.jpghttps://img521.imageshack.us/img521/91/rgb32zz9.jpg

https://img520.imageshack.us/img520/979/rgb41va8.jpghttps://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7892/rgb42qr2.jpg

https://img505.imageshack.us/img505/11/rgb51pt8.jpghttps://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3364/rgb52hm8.jpg

https://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5433/rgb61wu6.jpghttps://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5456/rgb62yi4.jpg

I did side by sides so you could see all of their traits, there are 6 choices.

Ibn-Khaldun
11-12-2008, 07:22
Thanks Merlinus! :bow:

I tell you a little secret. If you put them into a fort then right click on their portray you can see their entire traits in one sheet and thus you don't need to make several pics. :yes:

Anyway, Roka, Rodrico Stak and Adamantarius can choose their avatars now!

EDIT: Oh, and it is RBG as recruitable bodyguard and not RGB that usually stands for red-green-blue. I know it's easy to make this mistake because I've done it myself many times. :laugh:

MerlinusCDXX
11-12-2008, 07:45
Oh...oops, that's what happens when I type while drunk....
anyway, I thought it was Recruitable General's Bodyguard

Celtic_Punk
11-12-2008, 10:22
Recruit Generalbles :chinese:

johnhughthom
11-12-2008, 12:56
Oh, and it is RBG as recruitable bodyguard and not RGB that usually stands for red-green-blue. I know it's easy to make this mistake because I've done it myself many times. :laugh:

RGB had me baffled many times.:dizzy2:

Roka
11-12-2008, 16:43
Nikanor Kybiosaktes for me please I-K

Ibn-Khaldun
11-12-2008, 17:06
Nikanor Kybiosaktes for me please I-K

He is yours. :yes:

Oh...oops, that's what happens when I type while drunk....
anyway, I thought it was Recruitable General's Bodyguard

RGB had me baffled many times.:dizzy2:

Lol, I never thought that RGB could mean Recruitable General's Bodyguard.
Actually, as long as people understand what we talk about then everything is ok! :beam:

Roka
11-12-2008, 17:37
[QUOTE=Ibn-Khaldun;2060999]He is yours. :yes:
[QUOTE]

:2thumbsup:

what settlement shall i start in?

Celtic_Punk
11-12-2008, 21:40
somewhere far far away from me :P

you should start in selukia since you'd be heading to the council to report to the King

Ibn-Khaldun
11-12-2008, 22:35
what settlement shall i start in?

At the moment I think it's Seleukeia but if you want another place then just say so and I'll move him there.

MerlinusCDXX
11-12-2008, 23:07
Right now it's either Edessa or Antiocheia, but as I-K said...

Adamantarius
11-13-2008, 10:04
H. N. Syriakes for me, please!!
Also, will I be able to play this turn, or do I wait till the next??

Ibn-Khaldun
11-13-2008, 10:14
If you like where you start(Antiocheia or Edessa in this case) then you play this turn. If you want another starting place then just let me know and we will transport you there.
You can RP him from this turn, though.

Adamantarius
11-13-2008, 10:17
Thanks a bunch, Ibn!!
I will DEFINITELY be playing this turn... I need to stretch my virtual legs!!

Roka
11-13-2008, 22:05
where is the basileus?

it seems to me that as cp said id report to him first

Ibn-Khaldun
11-14-2008, 11:34
Basileus is in Seleukeia.

Roka
11-14-2008, 19:23
Basileus is in Seleukeia.

that'll do me for a startin position then :2thumbsup:

LordofUmbar
11-23-2008, 18:33
Sorry for disappearing for a while, but my comp broke down and I had to fix it, and RL happened.....

Anyway, I'm going to have to quit this for the time being between RL and other projects I'm working on.

Ibn-Khaldun
11-23-2008, 18:40
Sry to hear that. I hope you join us soon again! ~:)

EDIT: So this means that Bithys Parthiakes will be open avatar.

everyone
11-26-2008, 12:19
Is it possible to still sign up? apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm interested in joining.

SwissBarbar
11-26-2008, 13:11
hey, welcome ;-)

The Celtic Viking
11-26-2008, 13:12
It's not a stupid question, but it's one that is answered the same way everytime: yes, it's always possible to join. Ibn or Merlinus will recruit some avatars for you to choose from, so while you wait for that you should take the time reading the rules if you haven't done so already (in which case it won't hurt to read them again ~;)). Just ask if you have any more questions. Other than that...

Welcome!

everyone
11-26-2008, 13:44
Thanks, so all I need to do is to wait for the new avatars?
and how do I upload files? the PBM file uploader (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=193) does not seem to have a button to click to upload. does one need a certain number of posts to use the uploader?
this is how I view the page:
https://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/greatkuningaz/uploadwhere.jpg

SwissBarbar
11-26-2008, 14:11
hmm, next to "search" there sould be "Add Entry" , this is where you can upload a file. :inquisitive:

https://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4530/unbenanntuk5.png

MerlinusCDXX
11-26-2008, 14:34
IIRC The "Add Entry" link doesn't show up for those with new member status. I remember another guy having had problems uploading his save because of the same thing. You can always use another upload service temporarily. everyone, just participate in the forums, follow the .org rules and posting guidelines, don't spam or troll, and you should get upgraded to member pretty quickly. If you've been doing the above suggestions and you still don't get member status, PM the admins, they are human too, people forget stuff sometimes.

Ibn-Khaldun
11-26-2008, 23:23

You can use Mizus site >> http://www.mizus.com/pbmupload.php
Also, as a new member it would be nice to say hi in the Entrance hall. You probably get noticed there much faster than in here. ~:)

everyone
12-02-2008, 06:24
hi. I have another question about installing the WotB mod; currently I can only download it from rapidshare, however rapidshare does not allow me to download anything because it constantly thinks my IP address is downloading something (which I have no idea why). Is it possible for someone to upload the installation file onto another file sharing site? thanks in advance.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-02-2008, 14:22
Sure.

Here it is: http://files.filefront.com/WOTB+Modrar/;11711497;/fileinfo.html

Sikander
12-03-2008, 23:03
looking forward to this. Sign me up please.:yes:

Ibn-Khaldun
12-04-2008, 14:29
Welcome Sikander!

I will spawn some RGB's for you and everyone once the Council Session is over.

The Celtic Viking
12-11-2008, 14:21
Here are the recruited generals as asked:

Alkippos Dahaikos:

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97337

Antigonos Megas:

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97338

Hermokrates Parthikos:

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97339

Apelles Iliou Throikou:

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97340

everyone
12-11-2008, 14:29
woot.
thank you
I'll have Hermokrates Parthikos please.

so I can start this turn?

Ibn-Khaldun
12-11-2008, 14:58
He is yours and Yes you can. :yes:

Victor1234
12-13-2008, 17:16
Sign me up as Apelles Iliou Throikou then, please.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-13-2008, 17:29
Good. He is all yours and you can start RP-ing him from this very moment. ~:)

EDIT: If you want to start in another settlement then this option is available too. Currently he is stationed in Edessa I think.

The Celtic Viking
12-13-2008, 17:33
I will be sad to see Antigonos Megas slaughtered, and all for nothing. I don't care how "bad" he may be - with such a name he could rule the world!

Victor1234
12-13-2008, 17:40
I will be sad to see Antigonos Megas slaughtered, and all for nothing. I don't care how "bad" he may be - with such a name he could rule the world!

Would it be possible to switch his Veteran Officer ancilliary with my Spear Carrier? He's going to be gone anyways, they provide the same bonus, but the Veteran Officer that Megas has, is much better in description and appearance. :clown:

Edit: Edessa is where my guy is, it seems...

Ibn-Khaldun
12-13-2008, 17:44
That can be done. I'll do it when I take the save which would be max 2 hours from now. ~:)

YouHaveRecieved
12-21-2008, 21:47
Hi, this is my first post ever, but I looked at all the forums when I was unregistered. I love this time in history and it would be great to roleplay. Are there any FM's going? If not could I have an RGB recruited in Sidon please.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-21-2008, 22:21

Currently the only avatar that is open is Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes. If you don't want him then I can just queue some RBG's for you.

YouHaveRecieved
12-21-2008, 22:31
I had a look at him, and I'm not sure I'm that keen. If it's no problem could you queue some avatars please.

Potocello
12-21-2008, 23:03
i second that, could you queue some more? i would love to join. this is my first RP

Ibn-Khaldun
12-22-2008, 00:00
Welcome Potocello!

I hope TCV will recruit some new RBG's for you once he takes the save. ~:)

Potocello
12-22-2008, 00:17
thanks for the kind words Ib-Khaldu :) i'll be waiting

The Celtic Viking
12-22-2008, 01:35
Welcome Potocello!

I hope TCV will recruit some new RBG's for you once he takes the save. ~:)

Hmm... lets see... what's in it for me? :grin:

Just kidding, of course. I'll do it. :clown:

Ibn-Khaldun
12-22-2008, 10:52
Hmm... lets see... what's in it for me? :grin:

Just kidding, of course. I'll do it. :clown:

Well.. you can recruit generals. That's always a privilege. :clown:

SwissBarbar
12-22-2008, 11:55
Welcome Potocello :2thumbsup:

The Celtic Viking
12-22-2008, 15:29
Well.. you can recruit generals. That's always a privilege. :clown:

Hmm... all right, fair enough. Here they are:

In Edessa:

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97927

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97928

In Antiocheia:

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97929

http://www.junsele.com/viewpic.asp?id=97930

YouHaveRecieved
12-22-2008, 15:45
Can I take Phormion Epiphaneion Armeniakon but transfer him to Antiocheia? If this isn't possible or can't be done before the end of the turn I'll just take him up from Edessa, no worries for me. Thanks for getting back so quickly as well.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-22-2008, 15:55
He is all yours! :yes:

If you want then I can make him start in Antiocheia but I can do it when I take the save(which will be later today or early morning tomorrow). If you want to take the save before I have moved him then you have to start in Edessa.

YouHaveRecieved
12-22-2008, 15:56
I don't mind starting in Edessa then. Only I love the Levant in all of hsitory but wherever will do!

Ibn-Khaldun
12-22-2008, 16:01
I suggest you to post in the Entrance Hall or in Frontroom so you could be noticed by mods and become a full Member. It's necessary because you'll need to update your SOT from time to time. :yes:

YouHaveRecieved
12-22-2008, 16:08
OK, I'll PM a mod and ask to become a full member, or they could just give me the privalages of editing and voting.

Potocello
12-22-2008, 23:07
Can i take Byttakos Aigon Aiolikon please?

Ibn-Khaldun
12-22-2008, 23:10
Yes you can! :yes:

He is all yours and you can start roleplaying him from this moment!

Edit: Is there some certain settlement you want to start??

Potocello
12-22-2008, 23:59
put me where ever i don't mind :)

navarro951
12-23-2008, 20:16
haha this is a big empire...anywhere could be...ANYWHERE haha

TinCow
12-23-2008, 20:20
OK, I'll PM a mod and ask to become a full member, or they could just give me the privalages of editing and voting.

I'll take care of it, though it may take a few days for the request to works its way through the system.

YouHaveRecieved
12-23-2008, 20:32
Cool, thanks TC!

Il_Duce
12-27-2008, 05:09
There wouldn't be any family members about to reach age, would there?

If no, could I have Malchos Demetriados Assyriakes? I will have full memberhsip in a minute or two once I post in the entrance hall, so no worries.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-27-2008, 09:41
That RBG was killed off recently so new ones should be recruited.
But we have one open family member - Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=2040903&postcount=12)
Also, Kallinikos Syriakos will become of age about 3 years from now if you want family member and you don't want Parthiakes.

Il_Duce
12-27-2008, 18:11
That RBG was killed off recently so new ones should be recruited.
But we have one open family member - Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=2040903&postcount=12)
Also, Kallinikos Syriakos will become of age about 3 years from now if you want family member and you don't want Parthiakes.

About how long do you reckon 3 years in-game will take?

thanks

SwissBarbar
12-27-2008, 18:19
1 turn = 3 months , 3 years = 36 months = 12 turns, we end about 1 turn per day, so it's quite a while i think

YouHaveRecieved
12-27-2008, 18:20
3 years in game is 12 turns and 24 hours minimum per turn so it's arround 2 weeks excluding a Council Session, so aound 3 weeks minimum.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-27-2008, 20:37
What they said. 3 years in-game is 12 days. But there will be Council Session just about 2 turns from now so you want to add about min 5 days to that.

Il_Duce
12-28-2008, 00:24
That's fine. I'll go ahead and take Kallinikos Syriakos when he comes of age... I need to work on my phalanx anyways :laugh4:

I'll observe for now and make sure you reserve Kallinikos. Hopefully he's not a retarded/deformed dimwit :no:

Mjolnir
12-28-2008, 02:32
I've read the Rules and FAQ thread and would like to get in on this if that would be possible. I'm running EB v1.2, is WotB compatible with that?

The Celtic Viking
12-28-2008, 03:30
Unfortunately, no. 1.2 isn't save game compatible, and this was started back when 1.1 was still the latest version.

Mjolnir
12-28-2008, 03:51
Would the best way to get back to 1.1 is uninstall EB and then reinstall 1.1?

Il_Duce
12-28-2008, 03:59
Would the best way to get back to 1.1 is uninstall EB and then reinstall 1.1?

Yessir