PDA

View Full Version : Would it be

EstateLA
09-01-2008, 06:33
To much to ask. I know there is already a tutorial on the download links page on how to download it, I know it is a simple download, click and install but I am new to installing mods, and is it the same for vista? I have done this twice now and,
1. The Imperial campaign says please select from the list, now I know this has already been asked, but the answer didnt help me either.
2. What I was asking for is a complete installation/setup tutorial from the time the user puts in the RTW disc to install it, and how to also get it working on BI.

Thanks, also if you dont want to type the whole thing out I have email, msn, and aim

E-mail:chris@roguestatus.org
MSN: toodlez456@hotmail.com
AIM: xRSxWiseburn

EstateLA
09-01-2008, 06:39
Sorry for the double post, the game crashes on the regular story mode, prologue or whatever my mind is totally blanking on the name

Carlos Matthews
09-01-2008, 15:23
Hmm, this is from no RTW on your comp at all.

OK press eject and open up your disk drive.
Press eject again and close it..

Select install fom the demo shield menu which automatically runs. Agree to the various legal things and location of your download in your program files (remember if it is Activition or the Creative Assembly).

That should take no longer than 10-15 minutes to install. Answer yes to a desktop shortcut. Gamespy is not needed and is optional.

When that has finished leave your rome disk in and double click on the rome icon on your desktop and proceed past the video to the main menu (press esc to stop the video). Select options from the main menu and check the top right of the screen for your patch (should be 1.5 but if it is 1.3 then stop here and let the org know).

Assuming you have patch 1.5 exit Rome: Total War back to the desktop and now you are ready to download the mod.

This following link is the download from filefront. http://files.filefront.com/RS+Full+I.../fileinfo.html

Select run and wait approximately 20 minutes for the mod to download. When it has finished it will auto run and now you have to install Roma Surrectum. Take care when selecting the location of the install, it has to be the exact location of where you installed vanilla rtw. (Where I said remember if it is Activition or the Creative Assembly.) NB it will try to install to Activition so be aware if your copy of rtw is by the Creative Assembly.

Agree to the legal stuff and start the install, it shouldn't take long then you can play RS. An optional extra is the patch, 1.5b which has various improvements to the mod. The link: http://files.filefront.com/RS+Patch+.../fileinfo.html

I will copy this thread and place it in the entrance hall, for a few days it will have maximum visibility so the right people can explain anything I have missed. Good luck EstateLA.

EstateLA
09-01-2008, 23:09
Thanks for the timely response and the accurate instructions, I've always downloaded my default game patches(1.3, 1.5) through softpedia since they are like the first links that come up when I search the patches, since my game usually doesnt install with them, anyways thans for the tutorial, and when I am in the actual set-up do I install it to the Activision(which my game is) folder or into the Rome Total war folder inside of the activision foler
C:/Program Files/Activision? or
C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome Total-War

Squid
09-03-2008, 16:02
Wherever the exe is located is where you install it to, typically that would be the . . .\Rome - Total War directory. The . . . is by default C:\Program Files\Activision or C:\Program Files\Creative Assembly depending on which version of the game you have.