PDA

View Full Version : WotB OOC Thread and Chatroom

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 10:10
This is the OOC Thread for Will of the Basileus. This thread is designed to be a simple chatroom for WotB players. No important information will ever be posted in here. This thread does not count as a "public thread" for the purposes of the WotB rules. No information posted in this thread will be considered as binding on the Chancellor or Basileus. In short, this thread has no official relationship to WotB in any capacity. It is simply a chatroom.

Ferret
09-01-2008, 13:30
Can we spam here :clown:

question: is there a moderator here? IE a local mod? Otherwise I think you should ask for mod powers just in this forum, because even if TC joins he has enough on his plate as it is.

Warmaster Horus
09-01-2008, 14:29
Both Ibn-Khaldun and I have mod powers.

Ferret
09-01-2008, 15:25
Oooooo :bow:

Now you can delete all of my spam :clown:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 15:26
Yes.. WH and I have mod powers.

And since this is a Chatroom then you can chat but not spam:beam:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 16:59
I think if 3/4 of those in the list will confirm their participation in this game then we can start it.
Others can always join us later.:yes:

Celtic_Punk
09-01-2008, 17:25
Mmmm so how will we chose Avatars? First come first serve?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-01-2008, 18:48
Exactly.
Those who have confirmed that they are in will have the chance to pick first.
So the list of participants will be more important now.

Celtic_Punk
09-02-2008, 05:47
selection begins when? when WH finishes the installer and we are all set to go? I think we should get it done before hand so we don't diddilly daddle time away.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-02-2008, 09:58
WH will have it done later today and should post the link also. After that I will recruit the generals and post mugshots of them here(Signup thread). After that you can pick your character.

00jebus
09-02-2008, 12:07
*looks around sneakily*.....dibs on any Galatians....

Ibn-Khaldun
09-02-2008, 12:20
jebus don't worry.. there are no galatians here.. only gaesatae with lorica segmentata :clown:

Celtic_Punk
09-02-2008, 19:23
no galatians?! :jawdrop: what the hell did I sign up for then?!~D

ULC
09-02-2008, 23:44
Celtic Punk, you can have whatever background youn like for your character. If there are no Galatians, then simply play your character as is, but have is father (who he never knew) be Galatian :wink:

Celtic_Punk
09-03-2008, 02:34
ahhhhh rgr :chinese:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-03-2008, 07:31
There is a nice thing about the role-playing. You can ignore all traits that your avatar have in game and make up your new ones. Even if the trait say that he is 'Drunkard' you can roleplay him as the most sober person in the world or just happily ignore that trai. It is all up to you. :yes:

ULC
09-03-2008, 08:03
Or, if it bothers you to ignore them, just be creative about how you interpret your traits :bow:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-04-2008, 09:35
Is it me, or am I always on the bottom of every list? Surely it has nothing to do with the Y...

Well.. That's one of the mysteries of life :laugh4:

TinCow
09-04-2008, 14:15
Please note that this forum is still part of the Throne Room, so the usual Throne Room rules apply. This is just a notice for future purposes, it is not meant to imply that there has been any misbehavior of any kind. Issues with the game itself should be taken up with the forum leaders Ibn-Khaldun and Warmaster Horus. However, if there are broader problems of an OOC nature between players or violations of general Org rules, please refer them to me.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-05-2008, 01:18
If IC tension between players get over to OOC then we have a problem and my only solution will be barring both people from this game for certain time. If this will not help then we will have a big problem. But I truly hope that things will not get that far and people understand that there are two different things in this game - OOC and IC. ~:)

Celtic_Punk
09-05-2008, 03:52
are persian spear-bowmen missile or infantry?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-05-2008, 08:55
They are missile troops since their primary weapon is bow if I'm not mistaken.

Celtic_Punk
09-05-2008, 09:27
they do get a bonus fighting cavalry if my memory serves me correctly. I should check the EDU

Ibn-Khaldun
09-05-2008, 09:41
That's true but their main role is to use their bow and shoot down every enemy that they can see. So they are missile troops. Pretty powerful anti-cavalry missile troops.

The Celtic Viking
09-05-2008, 14:58
are persian spear-bowmen missile or infantry?

Yes.

Celtic_Punk
09-05-2008, 19:39
wow thanks for totally not reading the question Viking :chinese:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-05-2008, 22:13
Ok.. I have the starting save and all the avatars. I'll have to upload them and then I'll post their mugshots to the Signup Thread. It would take couple of hours to do that and then we can start choosing the avatars. ~:)

Ferret
09-06-2008, 00:06

:laugh4:

The Celtic Viking
09-06-2008, 14:24

Oh, but I did, and my answer is correct, even though it's undoubtedly not the kind of answer you were looking for. They are missile or infantry; you'd have a hard time convincing me that they could be something else. ~;)

Celtic_Punk
09-06-2008, 14:27
I say they're cavalry. And quit trying to escape from your blunder of being illiterate!~D

Warmaster Horus
09-06-2008, 15:52
Just to reassure everyone - including myself - the Royal Library will be updated to include images of the known world, the Arche, and the avatars.
I'm saying this because it looks quite empty right now. It'll look better by tonight.

Hax
09-06-2008, 15:55
Your lord Hax is here and ready to defend Persepolis (and may take some of the money of the treasury for himself, while he's at it.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 15:58
It is a pain to create all those screenshots :yes:

I know because I went through this when I took and edited those mugshots of mine. After 10th I thought that this will never end!

Celtic_Punk
09-06-2008, 16:01
someone's gotta do it, and we're thankful it's you and not us! only kidding, But your work is greatly appreciated and enjoyed by me, and very most likely the other guys around here.

The Celtic Viking
09-06-2008, 16:07
I say they're cavalry. And quit trying to escape from your blunder of being illiterate!~D

I assure you it was no blunder, but a (dry) joke. They literally are infantry or missile, because they're both combined. Think logic. ~:cool:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 20:19
WH.. you have made a little error.

In Royal Library, List of Chancellors. It should be 272-269 not 272-260 since the Chancellors term is 12 turs and not 12 years :beam: in EB we have 4 turns per year and not 1,5 year per turn like it is in LotR.

Warmaster Horus
09-06-2008, 21:31
Indeed. Thanks for noticing!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 23:28
makedon is allied with selucids, we will be fighting KH, THIS IS SPAAARTAAAA:guitarist:

I knew that we are at war with one of them but I forgot which one :wall:

And you are wrong.. This is SELEUKIIAAA!!

Celtic_Punk
09-06-2008, 23:48
*kicks Ibh down a long and dark hole*

WH in the battle reports it says "BATTLES OF THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE" um i think you are only half a millennia off? *rolls eyes*

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 23:53
This happens when we use the rules and other stuff from LotR. The thing is that TinCow wrote them so good and we have nothing to add.. and because of that we have these mistakes:shame:

Everyone give a bow to TinCow :bow:

johnhughthom
09-07-2008, 00:48
I was wondering what bodyguard unit my character has? I like to use foot generals and was hoping he had a unit of Babylonian Spearmen. No biggie if he doesn't, just checking.

Celtic_Punk
09-07-2008, 01:28
nope hes gunna be like all the other selucid generals, cavalry!

Rodrico Stak
09-07-2008, 01:47
Certainly. :bow:

Celtic_Punk
09-07-2008, 05:09
is the installer ready yet? i haven't read anything about it in a few days....

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 08:29
I was wondering what bodyguard unit my character has? I like to use foot generals and was hoping he had a unit of Babylonian Spearmen. No biggie if he doesn't, just checking.

No foot generals I'm afraid. All cavalry. Those client rulers that were originally in the game have been removed and gov4 will not be built since this will create generals that no one will use(only one avatar per person)

is the installer ready yet? i haven't read anything about it in a few days....

I'll pm WH again and put a little pressure upon him. It would be good to see it's release later today I think.

~:)

kingsnake
09-07-2008, 11:00

:bow:

How the hell you edit your post is it power you gain after a limit of posts?
My SOT as unusual big letters, don't blame me I'm new to this forum :sweatdrop:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 11:03
After you become member then you can change your post..
Since you are still a Junior Member then you can't unfortunately..
You can talk to some moderators who have the power to make you member though..

kingsnake
09-07-2008, 11:07
You know how you become a member?
How many more posts do you have to make?

I'll have to start posting some more semi-unnecessary posts out here like this one :laugh4:

Celtic_Punk
09-07-2008, 11:07
how do you become a member? lol i don't remember when i became a full member

EDIT: How do you become a SENIOR member?! 1000+ posts or soemthing? or does it have something to do with your join date?

kingsnake
09-07-2008, 11:12
I'm screwed :laugh4:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 11:18
How to become a senior member?

Read the .Org FAQ (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45416). It is all there. Even how you can become a just a 'Member'.
What you can do is saying hello and introduce yourself in Entrance Hall in a thread called Hail New Members! (Introduction) v.IV (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=92444)
This way some moderator might notice you :holmes:
Or you can just ask this in a polite manner. :yes:

EDIT: This is from the .Org FAQ

Promotion to Member
Promotion to Member is based on participation, conduct and contributions in your posts. Quantity of posts doesn't matter - you could be promoted on the basis of one amazing post, although just showing the ability to interact with the membership in a helpful and polite manner is easily sufficient. In other words, you don't need to do something special, just enjoy yourself whilst following the Forum Rules above. Introducing yourself (if you have not already done so) in the HAIL New Members! (Introductions) III thread doesn't hurt either!

Promotions are handled manually by the Guild Staff, and are generally done en masse. So as a very quick rule of thumb: if you've been here for a couple of weeks and been posting reasonably regularly during that time, you should be promoted to Member.

In any case, the staff will always try to help you if they can. If you feel perhaps that you've been mistakenly overlooked (as does happen on occasion), your best bet is to either PM TosaInu or Ser Clegane and explain your situation.

Celtic_Punk
09-07-2008, 11:36
i just read the stuff on senior member... why the hell are you not a senior member Ibh-Khaldun?! by my standards you are.... someone's been over looked and is due for a promotion!

kingsnake
09-07-2008, 11:37
Ok I have done it all.

Thanks Ibn :2thumbsup:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-07-2008, 13:08
i just read the stuff on senior member... why the hell are you not a senior member Ibh-Khaldun?! by my standards you are.... someone's been over looked and is due for a promotion!

Thank You! I'm flattered! :bow:

Warmaster Horus
09-07-2008, 14:55
http://rapidshare.com/files/143355861/WotB_Mod.exe.html Just target the RTW folder (the one with the RTW exe).
There's the mod we'll be using! It's basically several mods united in one: the FD mod, the Phalanx mod, money scripts, win-conditions... Permission has been given for all of them.
Bear in mind it will change your installation of EB! A solution has been mentionned in the actually installer (with the release notes).
Also, with the test mod we had a small problem: users were launching the game with the trivial script. I changed the sp game edu backup, so it's the same as ours (which lets us recruit Bodyguards). Launch it any way you want, it should work fine!

Any problems, contact me.

Edit: that's one thing done. Now on to the pictures.

MerlinusCDXX
09-07-2008, 23:06
Just a quick question about this mod. Are all of the permanent fixes included in this? Do I need to install them? (I made a copy of my clean RTW, and installed EB over that, but I did not install any fixes, since I didn't know what order such things needed to be installed in in relation to the mod.)

The Celtic Viking
09-07-2008, 23:59
Well, it can't hurt to install the fixes before this mod anyway, just in case.

Warmaster Horus
09-08-2008, 08:31
Ah, all fixes are included :yes:

Celtic_Punk
09-08-2008, 08:41
how come it says in the picture of my Avatar that he has the "family member" trait but in the royal library it says I'm a RBG

Warmaster Horus
09-08-2008, 11:24
That's a problem with EB actually. I think it's supposed to be a hidden trait or something...

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 14:40
That's a problem with EB actually. I think it's supposed to be a hidden trait or something...

So I'm not crazy after all..:dizzy2:.. You all see that trait! :beam:

Celtic_Punk
09-08-2008, 19:34
oooh snap so their goes my plan to have a big family with like 20 kids... sheeeeeeeet

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 20:02
WH.. just a reminder.. all Pergamou Mysiakes are family members and in family tree.. so you have to change that in the Royal Library. This means that Attalos Pergamou Mysiakes aka Rodrico Stak is part of the family.

Warmaster Horus
09-08-2008, 20:06
Right-o. Wasn't sure of it, and I was about to check the save for that... Thanks!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-08-2008, 20:11
Lol.. there is actually only one of them at the moment :beam:
For some reason I thought that there is more than one with that name. :inquisitive:

johnhughthom
09-09-2008, 01:28
Nice to see a few stories up, hopefully there will be some mileage in this. Anyway, I was curious as to how everyone plans on playing their character, personally I think EB has a great system of traits which can give a character real personality and I plan to base my avatar around them, and also to bring into play any ancillaries gained. Anybody else going in that direction?

Rodrico Stak
09-09-2008, 01:49
Nice to see a few stories up, hopefully there will be some mileage in this. Anyway, I was curious as to how everyone plans on playing their character, personally I think EB has a great system of traits which can give a character real personality and I plan to base my avatar around them, and also to bring into play any ancillaries gained. Anybody else going in that direction?
In general I think I will, but I will probably ignore a few that go entirely contrary to my perception of the character.

The Celtic Viking
09-09-2008, 01:57
Well, I certainly am, and I think we all should. It doesn't make much sense, for example, for a languorous coward to rush around all over the battlefield before charging carelessly ahead into the fray. We should all play our characters like they are, not like we are. That's my humble cents, anyway.

johnhughthom
09-09-2008, 02:01
Well, I certainly am, and I think we all should. It doesn't make mush sense, for example, for a languorous coward to rush around all over the battlefield before charging carelessly ahead into the fray. We should all play our characters like they are, not like we are. That's my humble cents, anyway.

There are ways around things like that, for instance my character who is a pretty useless general (dull, languorous, terrible tactician) has a veteran officer ancillary. So I will roleplay that my character "has a headache" on the day of any battles and his faithful officer leads the army.

kingsnake
09-09-2008, 09:09
I will do as Rodrico Stak, I'll add a few traits if they don't appear

The Celtic Viking
09-09-2008, 12:51
There are ways around things like that, for instance my character who is a pretty useless general (dull, languorous, terrible tactician) has a veteran officer ancillary. So I will roleplay that my character "has a headache" on the day of any battles and his faithful officer leads the army.

That's a little bit cheating, IMO. Okay if it happens, but in every battle? Come on. That's not roleplaying, it's just avoiding a flaw you don't want to deal with.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 14:44
I will do as Rodrico Stak, I'll add a few traits if they don't appear

No one except me and WH can not use the console no matter what. If this is discovered then those people are barred from the game and perhaps any similar games I plan to make in the future. People can cheat in singleplayer campaign as much as you want(I do it quite often have to say) but not in here.

Nice to see a few stories up, hopefully there will be some mileage in this.

Yes it is and some very good ones too. :yes:

kingsnake
09-09-2008, 15:32
0.0 That wasn't what I meant... I'm not going to mess with the console lol

How can I explain it... I'll make up new "traits", cause I don't want my roleplay to follow the in game traits 100%. I'll add new imaginery ones lol.

Yes I also cheat on singleplayer.
Also the cheating penalizations should be made clear, it's quite an important issue.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 16:49
Sry.. I should have looked why you said something like that..:shame:

But just like I said.. If we catch someone cheating then there is only one thing we can do.. He will be thrown out of the game..

EDIT: I will open the Royal Council 2-3 hours from now. So get ready ~:)

kingsnake
09-09-2008, 17:07
wooooo!!

can't wait :smash:

tough I still don't have membership grr

Ibn-Khaldun
09-09-2008, 21:06
Lol.. The Celtic Viking(from now on as TCV :beam:) posted his suggestions before I managed to do my post.. and they look almost similar :laugh4:

The Celtic Viking
09-09-2008, 23:28
Well, you know what they say: great minds think alike. :clown:

Hax
09-10-2008, 07:20
So do dirty...

The Celtic Viking
09-10-2008, 12:11
Perhaps, but then the question is: does IK have a dirty mind? :shy:

Warmaster Horus
09-10-2008, 13:40
I have spoken twice in the Royal Council thread, as two different magistrates.
I'd like to point out that as I am more a gamesmaster than player, that my interventions in the Council are for the more legal/bureaucratic side of things. The other officials of the Arche, in other words.

If it bothers people that I do that, I'll stop doing it and just manage the game from a more OOC perspective. I, personally, think it helps.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-10-2008, 14:34
I think it does as well..

It's easier for me if I don't have to answer to all the legal questions in the Council. :yes:

The Celtic Viking
09-10-2008, 15:08
I see no reason why you shouldn't do it, either. Actually, I kind of like it, so keep it up.

Rodrico Stak
09-11-2008, 02:13
I see no reason why you shouldn't do it, either. Actually, I kind of like it, so keep it up.
Agree totally.

Celtic_Punk
09-11-2008, 10:30
I do too, it adds a part that as players we cannot fill.
also, whats the Agora for? i know its just another IC place, but like what kind of posts will we see there?

The Celtic Viking
09-11-2008, 11:04
The library says this: "Informal IC Discussion thread, for general roleplaying and interaction outside the Council."

Which is what I expected. Basically, you can form personal alliances with others there, just agree to second Edicts in the next council, conspire to overthrow the Basileus or whatever.

Celtic_Punk
09-11-2008, 11:10
lol yeah and then we'll see who ever tries that in the bottom of a pit.

Warmaster Horus
09-11-2008, 12:13
If you want an idea of what the Agora is, take a look at the Hippodrome (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=104197)in LotR. It's going to be something like that - without the races, obviously...
Or for an older thread, the Tavern (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90193) of KotR. The Agora is actually closer in spirit to the Tavern than the Hippodrome, I feel.

Celtic_Punk
09-11-2008, 12:25
ahhh thank you horus

Ibn-Khaldun
09-11-2008, 14:36
Looks like WH already explained why the Agora was created. ~:)

Warmaster Horus
09-11-2008, 17:56
That's (partly) why I'm here :smile:

By the way:

OOC: I cannot propose this in a more IC way, what I mean is that we should keep the eddicts, the people who proposed them and who seconded them, written and updated on the first or second post of each Council thread, so we don't need to go searching between posts... at least the game masters will have the most of the work done to start polling

I realize now we should have done something like that since the beginning - and I intend to put a part in the Library (in the first post; underneath Recently Enacted Laws) for it. I'd be very grateful if someone could post the current edict situation in this format:

Edict 1.x: the message of the Edict
Proposed: name of the proposer
Seconded: names of the seconders.

And so on, Edict after Edict.
If nobody does it, I'll be free tomorrow afternoon around 5-6 GMT+2 to take care of it. Would save me time, though :yes:

kingsnake
09-11-2008, 18:02
I'd be very grateful if someone could post the current edict situation in this format:

post this where? I don't mind doing it

Warmaster Horus
09-11-2008, 18:08
Here... Or PM it to me (since I'll be posting it soon after in the library).

Thanks for the help!

And now... Off to studying :study: :smash:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-11-2008, 18:21
OOC: I cannot propose this in a more IC way, what I mean is that we should keep the eddicts, the people who proposed them and who seconded them, written and updated on the first or second post of each Council thread, so we don't need to go searching between posts... at least the game masters will have the most of the work done to start polling

There will be only one Council thread. Each time a new session begins, either me or WH, will declare the session open but we will not start another thread. I think we have something important to discuss even if it's not Council session at the moment.

kingsnake
09-11-2008, 18:36
good luck for your exam.. or test... or whatever it is :beam:
I'm only going to post the first two seconders, since some eddicts were seconded by more than two ppl

Edict 1.1: Following Regular Armies shall be created: 1rst Syrian Army(in Antiocheia), 1rst Lydian Army(in Sardis), 1rst Parthian Army(in Hekatompylos).
Proposed: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos
Seconded: Theodotas Termessou Pisidikes, Aratos Arethousas Syriakes

Edict 1.2: Send envoys to the steppe nomads of the Sakae tribes, to propose a complete cease-fire.
Proposed: Andromachos Syriakos
Seconded: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos, Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes

Edict 1.3: That whatever part of the 1st Persian and/or 1st Syrian armies that can be spared from their primary mission move to annex the town of Phraspaa in Atropatene to deny the Arshkanig access to their Hai lapdogs, to prevent a combined assault on our northern border.
Proposed: Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes,
Seconded:

Edict 1.4: After a succesful mission against the Egyptians on Mikro Asia. The 1st Lydian Army is to conquer independent Halikarnassos. Only if the diplomatic relations with the Makedons remain peaceful, if not the army is to retreat and defend Sardis. The Syrian Army will board transportation ships (the cheapest fleets we can build) and invade Kypros. After a succesfull mission they board on the fleet back to Antiocheia.
Proposed: Aratos Arethousas Syriakes
Seconded: Alexandros Syriakos, Attalos Peragmou Mysiakes

Edict 1.5: Send an envoy to agree trade rights and a military alliance with Saba.
Proposed: Polyxenidos Lykikos
Seconded: Attalos Peragmou Mysiakes, Sarpedon Syriakos

Edict 1.6: To send an ambassador to the Peloponnese and establish peace and trade routes with The Hellenon Koinon.
Proposed: Arrhenides Gedrosianos Cunobelinus
Seconded: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos, Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes

Eddict 1.7: Diplomats should be sent to Baktria to give and get trade rights and form a new alliance with them.
Proposed: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos
Seconded: Aratos Arethousas Syriakes,

Ibn-Khaldun
09-11-2008, 18:56
Wow..

Now we have all the current edicts here..
Thanks.. you made my life a lot easier since I was planning to do that myself :beam:

kingsnake
09-11-2008, 19:17
No problem, I don't mind relieving the GM's from some boring tasks, once in a while:beam:

Warmaster Horus
09-11-2008, 19:46
Perfect, cheers!

And yeah, I've got a maths test and an economics one tomorrow...

Celtic_Punk
09-11-2008, 22:54
ouch, im good at maths, but I still think maths is shit. the only math you really need is taxes and what not. thats all they should teach you in school, and if you need/want more than that, then they should have a separate class for it that you sign up for. theres a whole lot of highschool that you really don't need. (like careers/civics class, what a frakkin waste of time that was, even french has its uses!)

kingsnake
09-11-2008, 23:21
Civics were a waste I agree, but I don't have them this year...
Another waste of time was Philosophy... ok some times it was great to learn debating skills (I called this part of the class true philosophy), but the theory part of the class (which I called Philosophy History) and the tests were just memory, I managed the 1st year, but on the 2nd I was fed up, getting alot of pressure from the other classes and just cheated all year. got the same grade as the 1st year
I don't agree on you about maths tough, they can help develop your problem solving skills.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-12-2008, 18:58
Council session will end soon.. I'll give another 2 hours and then I'll close the session and the poll will go up.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-12-2008, 21:20
Ok.. I have to apologize..
Looking the save and our current diplomatic relations I found out that we are still allied to Baktria,Hayasdan and Pahlava. Also we are allied to Pontos and Makedonia. I don't know why I thought that they canceled the alliance with us.
I think confused it with another Seleukid campaign I have going at the moment.
I hope that this kind of mistake will not happen again.
:shame:

Hax
09-13-2008, 00:26
Don't worry, the Pahlava will attack soon enough.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-13-2008, 00:36
Yeah.. that's true though.

Celtic_Punk
09-13-2008, 01:08
if they dont we can always just send an army of like a hundred assassins after their best general that might piss them off enough :chinese:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-13-2008, 16:03
Lol.. looks like all Edicts will pass.. Don't think that it is possible for them not to pass even if the rest who haven't voted will vote no to all Edicts. ~:)

Ibn-Khaldun
09-13-2008, 22:28
The save will be made available tomorrow.

So people.. This thing here is finally ready to start!

Hax
09-14-2008, 10:01
...and there was much rejoicing!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 10:07
Hax you should mention what would be the army type for your Satrapy' Army.

MerlinusCDXX
09-14-2008, 10:19
Ibn-Khaldun, have you done the Satrapal armies yet or is that happening on your taking of the save?

kingsnake
09-14-2008, 11:02
I have vista and installed RTW on Program files.... I can't find the savegame folder...~

EDIT:
Hmm I found it lol the old EB 0.81 savegames are here....
Should I have to EB installed now the vanilla and the WotB on the same Rome total war folder... so do I put the WotB save game with the vanilla saves? I'll try it, if I'm doing something wrong tell me please.

I'm just going to check the state of the empire than I'll officially declare that i took the save, if no one does it in the mean time...

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 11:08
Ibn-Khaldun, have you done the Satrapal armies yet or is that happening on your taking of the save?

All armies will be recruited while we play the game..

So it will take 2-3 turns before all those armies are recruited and in their required strength.

I have vista and installed RTW on Program files.... I can't find the savegame folder...

I'm sorry but I can't help you since I don't have Vista. ~:(

kingsnake
09-14-2008, 11:10
Oh the armies aren't recruit yet.. of course :wall:

Where is the Syrian army being recruited?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 11:17
Of course they aren't.. It would be cheating to give us those armies in the beginning of the game..
We need to recruit them..
That is the reason I need to know what army types to recruit in Satrapies and why I ask permission to recruit units that belong to Satrap..

Warmaster Horus
09-14-2008, 11:59
kingsnake, you should put the save in the saves subfolder of EB. If there isn't one, you can just create it (it's normally created by default upon firing up the game).

kingsnake
09-14-2008, 13:02
Thanks WH but I already found the save folder, it's very hidden in my User folder... its a bit unpratical to get there so I'll try to create a save folder on the EB folder.

00jebus
09-14-2008, 15:55
I've just had two problem's, one may be computer related though:

I tried taking screenshots during and post battle to prove my victory, and make the battle report thread more interessting, but, all they've saved as is blank screens (ie: complete blackness), I'm currently using infraview, converting the files doesn't help either

secondly, I got a MotH, hit escape to save (as per LotR rules) but the scrolls gone, this I think affects our game the most if its RTW

lil' help?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 16:37
I've just had two problem's, one may be computer related though:

I tried taking screenshots during and post battle to prove my victory, and make the battle report thread more interessting, but, all they've saved as is blank screens (ie: complete blackness), I'm currently using infraview, converting the files doesn't help either

Have you turned anti-aliasing off? This might be the problem if you forgot to do that.

secondly, I got a MotH, hit escape to save (as per LotR rules) but the scrolls gone, this I think affects our game the most if its RTW

lil' help?

I think it is possible to minimize the scroll. Just click on that small icon bottom left. If not then we need to think what to do when these MotH offers happen.

00jebus
09-14-2008, 16:54
Have you turned anti-aliasing off? This might be the problem if you forgot to do that.

Ach, how stupid of me... boy is my face red

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 17:16
This have happened to me a lot. Probably every time I have reinstalled RTW I always forgot to turn anti-aliasing off. And later when I want to look at the pics I made I see only dark screen. :wall:

Also.. it's entirely possible to minimize the MotH offer, save it and have it there when you reload the save. Just don't use Esc.
Btw.. who was the adopter?

kingsnake
09-14-2008, 17:39
Can we still use the royal council when our character has any in-game question when there is no session open?

test done ;)

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 17:49
You can use the Council if you want to ask some stuff. You just have to do it IC.
Royal Council is always open for that.
But if you have some questions over the Rules or something like that then this OOC thread is fine enough.

About the palace..
Well.. who doesn't want to live there? :beam:

00jebus
09-14-2008, 17:59
not sure, it doesnt say benefactor at the top

Incitatus
09-14-2008, 18:27
I am curious, what is the procedure regarding character movement? I am currently in Antiocheia with 2 others and nobody is in nearby Damaskos (I believe). Is there anything preventing me from moving to Damaskos in order to govern and defend it more effectively?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 18:38
You can move around in the Arche the way you want to and no one can't stop you. If you want you can cross the Empire from one side to another and do it as many times as you want.

If you go to Damascus then you can't set the build queue or recruitment queue but if someone besiege the place then you can use it's garrison to defend it. That goes for every settlement. If you are in settlement and it enemy besiege it you can fight the battle with the towns garrison.

Celtic_Punk
09-14-2008, 19:00
what if theres another general of equal rank and influence in the city... who takes the fight?

I propose a good ol' fashioned bare-knuckle fist fight. bare-knuckle boxing solves all sorts of problems!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 19:19
If their rank is equal then that player will fight whos avatar is older.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 19:49
OOC: how do you upload to that mizus site?

Here is the link to mizus uploader: http://www.mizus.com/files/pbmupload.php

Celtic_Punk
09-14-2008, 19:52
I just took the save to check out my avatar... and well it wont load, it goes right back to the menu... HELP!

The Celtic Viking
09-14-2008, 20:01
Here is the link to mizus uploader: http://www.mizus.com/files/pbmupload.php

Thanks. By the way, I will be going away on Thursday to attend to a funeral (my grandma died) and, since it's 110 miles away, I will have to spend some days there. What's worse, the place is internet free, meaning that I won't be able to do anything until I come back on Sunday. During this time, you can appoint an "intern satrap", rule it yourself, or do it whichever way you want. Just thought you should know I won't be here to do it. :shame:

I just took the save to check out my avatar... and well it wont load, it goes right back to the menu... HELP!

Are you sure you installed the WOTB mod, and play it on RTW (not BI/alex)? It sounds like that kind of problem.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 20:11
Thanks. By the way, I will be going away on Thursday to attend to a funeral (my grandma died) and, since it's 110 miles away, I will have to spend some days there. What's worse, the place is internet free, meaning that I won't be able to do anything until I come back on Sunday. During this time, you can appoint an "intern satrap", rule it yourself, or do it whichever way you want. Just thought you should know I won't be here to do it. :shame:

My condolences!

About the game.. change your SOT post before you go saying that I can do what ever I need to do there.

Are you sure you installed the WOTB mod, and play it on RTW (not BI/alex)? It sounds like that kind of problem.

I agree with this. You can find the WotB mod in Rules thread.

Celtic_Punk
09-14-2008, 20:21
I did install the WOTB mod, and did the VanillaEB thing, i tried loading it from the icon inside the root folder

kingsnake
09-14-2008, 20:25
I can load it with the vanillaEB and the WotBEB...:dizzy2:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 20:26
Ok.. I'll try to load it myself and if I can open the save then there is something wrong with your settings or something like that..
Going to do it at this moment..

EDIT: Looks like kingsnake can open it so there must be something wrong with your EB then

Celtic_Punk
09-14-2008, 20:34
argh what the shit!!! im gunna lose all my frigging campaigns again arent I...

The Celtic Viking
09-14-2008, 20:35
My condolences!

About the game.. change your SOT post before you go saying that I can do what ever I need to do there.

Thanks, I will make sure to do that (damn bureaucracy!). Which reminds me, though: I haven't updated it yet to show that I'm a satrap. I'll have to do that too.

00jebus
09-14-2008, 20:43
argh what the shit!!! im gunna lose all my frigging campaigns again arent I...

Make backups, I did, WotB mod only takes a minute to install anyway... my RTW folder is kinda cluttered with a few mods, does WotB mod have a nice easy uninstall button?

That way I can carry on my nice Saka, Baktria and Roma campaigns.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-14-2008, 21:40
00jebus unfortunately there is no easy uninstall button:shame:

Celtic_Punk I'm not sure but I think you should be able to play your campaigns. In WotB mod we have couple of minimods merged together that should improve AI. I think you should ask WH what to do since he made the mod and can help you more than I.
Also what 00jebus suggested is a good idea.. make back ups. Since others seem to open the save without problems then I have know idea what is wrong with your EB:shame:

The Celtic Viking
09-15-2008, 11:19
Another one in Sardis with navarro951 - I must be an attractive satrap to lure so many here! :laugh4:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-15-2008, 11:35
Or they all are awaiting some action against KH or Mak.

The Celtic Viking
09-15-2008, 12:24
Perhaps, but that's unlikely. I mean, it's me we're talking about. :smug2:

Celtic_Punk
09-15-2008, 17:58
I was here first! back off mah city! lol
in truth im awaiting action against Ptolemy's north holdings and makedonia when the time comes. which wont be for a whiiile. We need to get lesbos... i hear them lesbians are hot! hahaha

navarro951
09-15-2008, 23:57
Hey yall just wanted to introduce myself just been placed in Sardis (sorry Celtic hehe) anyway ya just wanted to say whats up!...and ya all of us in Sardis are anxious for some blood!:wall:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-16-2008, 00:08
Welcome ~:wave:

All those who want some action I can guarantee you that you will get one once the first Event arrives ~;)

Ibn-Khaldun
09-16-2008, 00:47
Btw.. Happy Birthday Rodico Stak! :balloon2:

Rodrico Stak
09-16-2008, 01:20
Thank you very much!

My birthday's not until the 16th (tomorrow), but I like to celebrate early anyway!

navarro951
09-16-2008, 02:06
I am completely lost as how to put the uploaded rar. or zip into the Report room :help:

MerlinusCDXX
09-16-2008, 02:16
I am completely lost as how to put the uploaded rar. or zip into the Report room :help:

right-click on the file where you uploaded it, pick "copy link location, go to your post in the report room-select edit, pick the 'insert link' icon and paste the link in,let us know you're done and what you did with the save this turn, and hit save, and you're golden (also, after the url tags, paste in the new name of the save, as per the FAQ)

Rodrico Stak
09-16-2008, 02:20
First, follow this link: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=193

Then, click "add entry". Enter the name of your file in the line that is labeled name. Far below that, there is a line labeled "upload file". Click browse and upload your file. Then click the submit button.

In the next screen (the one you got after following the link above), right click on the link to your file. Select "copy link location". That is the link that you will post.

navarro951
09-16-2008, 02:56
ok i got it thanx guys

navarro951
09-16-2008, 03:18
also as i am new to posting how do u edit posts? which button do u press? do i have it or am i just not seeing it?

Celtic_Punk
09-16-2008, 03:35
since you are not a full member yet you cannot edit posts. Wait a few weeks or so and keep active and youll become a full member.

ULC
09-16-2008, 04:27
Grr...sorry guys, I have to drop out, I can't think in 5 directions at once (Job, private projects, mafia, LotR and school for the inquisitive).

Ibn-Khaldun
09-16-2008, 08:12
Thank you very much!

My birthday's not until the 16th (tomorrow), but I like to celebrate early anyway!

Well.. it was I think 2am here already when I posted it ~;)

also as i am new to posting how do u edit posts? which button do u press? do i have it or am i just not seeing it?

Celtic_Punk already explained you this I see.
But I would like to say that it would be easier if you make 2 posts. One when you take the save and the second one when you upload the save. It would be easier for me(and for everyone) if I can see whether there is new posts in the Reports thread.

Grr...sorry guys, I have to drop out, I can't think in 5 directions at once (Job, private projects, mafia, LotR and school for the inquisitive).

Sry to hear that. But I understand since I have the same kind of thoughts about the LotR.
Anyway.. Do you want me to save your character?

EDIT: Also could you guys please not post anything else to the Reports Thread!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-16-2008, 08:53
Moved to bridge just outside Pergamon, i believe, and requesting permission to set up small mercenary early defense/patrol unit thanks! (Probably just consist of 2 Galatians Swordsmen and one Cav Unit whatever i can acquire if i am aloud to do so)

No one can't recruit anything by himself. If they could we would be out of money before Chancellor or Basileus(at the moment I'm both :beam:) can get the save.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-16-2008, 11:32
Since I'll have to go to work soon I have no time to do my turn. Will do it first thing in morning. 7am GMT or something like that.I apologize for any inconvenience.

navarro951
09-16-2008, 23:04
No one can't recruit anything by himself. If they could we would be out of money before Chancellor or Basileus(at the moment I'm both :beam:) can get the save.

okay completely understandable ill be waiting then!

navarro951
09-17-2008, 00:54
Hello friends quick question: I have always been a fan of RPG style boards such as WotB and was wondering how does one start such a game? I have a fantastic idea for one myself involving the Romans in RTW:EB and not necessarily now (as work, school, and WotB are a handful) but in the future how would i go about making one?

Celtic_Punk
09-17-2008, 01:12
you need rule sets, your own forum (or one based in the .org) a decently sized group interested, and alot of dedication and time. Ibn and WH could help more.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-17-2008, 01:13
First of all you need to find some time to take care of the game. As a gamesmaster(GM) you really need to know everything that is going on in it. Something like this needs some time, especially in the beginning!
Then you'll need some rules. What they would look like is entirely up to you. WotB is using modified LotR rules. LotR(Last of the Romans) is another PBM campaign that is currently in progress and it is the successor of such great games as WotS(Will of the Senate) and KotR(King of the Romans).
Rules can be written before you have chosen mod and a faction but also after that.
Now, when you choose a faction you should choose one that people like to play. Actually in EB all of the factions are good for a game like this. You can let people themselves pick a factions though. This is how we picked AS.
After you have rules and faction you can start looking people who could join your game.

WotB(Will of the Basileus) had a bit different start since this game born from a simple thought that perhaps there are some people who would like to play such a game using EB. I never imagined it to become so big so fast!

navarro951
09-17-2008, 01:20
Thanx Ibn ill look into everything you wrote! But like i said it will be long before i have fully established what i want to create!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-18-2008, 00:44
OOC: Hey, somebody had to break the rules for the first time ;D
I could also have said; hey, why not burn Parsagadae again?

Oh.. you were not the first one to break the rules. But since this is just the start of the game then I understand why these little rule breaking occur.

Celtic_Punk
09-18-2008, 01:06
what kind of punishments are there going to be?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-18-2008, 01:28
If it was unintentional then just a warning or IC punishment. Nothing serious though.
If you brake the rules again then you will have lowered influence on the next Council session.
If you brake the Rules knowing that you do so then probably you get a short ban from the game.
Bad OOC behavior also brings a short ban from the game(we are all friends here and want to enjoy the game.. right?).
If someone is using console and corrupts the save(using cheats and something like that) he will be permanently banned. Using console is reserved only for me and WH so that we could do our job as GM.
It is not meant to give us 1million mnai and all available upgrades and stuff like that. If something like this happens I think the real fun of this game have been destroyed and no one wants that I guess.

EDIT: Since Elite Ferret left the game for RL issues then Theodoros Syriakes will be stored in Ekbatana until someone wants him.

00jebus
09-18-2008, 11:43
I've nothing against the first two... or the last two, but knowingly breaking the rules? what about for IC purposes?

example, a satrap wants to form a breakaway republic in India... elephants should be a crucial part of his stratergy, but, according to the rules only FL/FH can have 'phants in their armies... does the player get an IC punishment, say, a win or die PvP battle to fight and from then no part in council sessions if the (now) 2 states dont feel like fighting, or will the poor player be banned whilst the chancallor declares open season on his satrapy?

(admittadly a sucessful rebellion would be hard to act out after, since there will be effectivly two compeating states operating with the same budget and map info.)

All other example's I can think off also involve civil wars... second best one I can think of, say two players declare themselves "rightful" heir.. both want to assume chancallorship.. who gets it?

Or am I just giving too much away about what I want to happen in game?

Or am I just thinking too much?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-18-2008, 12:04
I've nothing against the first two... or the last two, but knowingly breaking the rules? what about for IC purposes?

example, a satrap wants to form a breakaway republic in India... elephants should be a crucial part of his stratergy, but, according to the rules only FL/FH can have 'phants in their armies... does the player get an IC punishment, say, a win or die PvP battle to fight and from then no part in council sessions if the (now) 2 states dont feel like fighting, or will the poor player be banned whilst the chancallor declares open season on his satrapy?

(admittadly a sucessful rebellion would be hard to act out after, since there will be effectivly two compeating states operating with the same budget and map info.)

All other example's I can think off also involve civil wars... second best one I can think of, say two players declare themselves "rightful" heir.. both want to assume chancallorship.. who gets it?

Or am I just giving too much away about what I want to happen in game?

Or am I just thinking too much?

Now.. about the elephants. The rules say that FH/FL can have them, yes. But they also say this:

They can however get to recruit 1 local unit for every 2 Influence points and 1 local unit for every 3 Command stars.(The unit type of the additional units can be what ever the Satrap chooses)

This means that if Satrap wants and elephants are available in his Satrapy then he can ask Chancellor to recruit them.

Also.. every situation is different and they will be dealt differently. Braking a Rule is not the same as braking an Edict. You can brake Edicts as much as you want but expect IC reaction to that.
If you think that braking the rule for IC purposes is the only way then pm me and we will see what happen. Also, everything said to me OOC will stay OOC. So Antiochos will still be surprised if someone declares civil war or something ~;)

00jebus
09-18-2008, 12:32
ahhh I see... one final question... if a civil war happens, how is each sides budget for merc's defined?

johnhughthom
09-18-2008, 13:08
Could somebody move my character, Polyxenidos Lykikos, north-east for me. My EB is doing strange things in battles, even a clean reinstall doesn't fix it, so I have it uninstalled at the minute.

00jebus
09-18-2008, 16:17
I'll do it when I take the save tonight, where are you nearby?

and how far north east would you like to go?
(even modern reference points would be helpful

johnhughthom
09-18-2008, 16:45
Thanks 00jebus, I'm north-east of Ekbatana. Heading toward Asaak would be great.

kingsnake
09-18-2008, 16:54
John, if you want somebody to move your character you can edit your SOT and the chancellor/basileus will do it for you.

00jebus
09-18-2008, 18:32
^ I'm hoping this is a one time thing.

johnhughthom
09-18-2008, 18:46
^ I'm hoping this is a one time thing.

Yeah it is, just while I sort out what's happening.

00jebus
09-18-2008, 19:01
I couldn't think of a good reason for Timarchos (from now on... Tim or Timmy) for knowing small scale troop movments on the other side of the empire, so I'll let you know OOC, there's 3 units of rebels on the road just outside Asaak (directly west of it.. 'bout 2 squares out).. thought you should know in advance since EB takes so long to warm up and get loaded, that you'd be waiting ages before you get permission to borrow a garrisons troops and play your next turn otherwise.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 00:15
...since EB takes so long to warm up and get loaded...

And this is why those little mistakes happen when I play my turn. I can't just alt tab the game like I could do with MTW2 since EB would probably CTD. EB is huge mod and have a lot of trouble with it but then again I can't think of mod that could be better than EB for a game like WotB. ~:)

Rodrico Stak
09-19-2008, 01:16
I can't think of an IC way to say this since its been so long (and it only just occurred to me now), but why did you create all the Satrapies with only one settlement each? The rules say that they can be bigger than that, and then have the added settlements for management points. Unless I'm missing something, of course...

navarro951
09-19-2008, 03:13
And this is why those little mistakes happen when I play my turn. I can't just alt tab the game like I could do with MTW2 since EB would probably CTD. EB is huge mod and have a lot of trouble with it but then again I can't think of mod that could be better than EB for a game like WotB. ~:)

u really have an alt tab problem? i alt tab with eb all the time hehe

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 07:19
I can't think of an IC way to say this since its been so long (and it only just occurred to me now), but why did you create all the Satrapies with only one settlement each? The rules say that they can be bigger than that, and then have the added settlements for management points. Unless I'm missing something, of course...

Now I'll explain the Rules as I saw them when I wrote them.

If Satrapy is created you have one settlement. Other settlements will be added when your avatars get better Management skills. This is to make those in-game management points important. Once you get 2/4/6/8/10 points you can ask the Basileus to add another settlement into your Satrapy. To get those points you must be present in your Satrapy. It's in your best interest to be in a city and try to make your avatar a good governor. The maximum number of settlements will be 6 then.
Also, the larger the Satrapy the more help you need with governing it and fighting against those brigands. This is why every Satrap will have the chance to get Satraps Aid. But this means more Influence points. And again you get a lot of them in a city/town.
I just wanted to tie the Satrap with his Satrapy more.

Hope this explained here since it's early morning and I haven't got my morning tea. :coffeenews:

u really have an alt tab problem? i alt tab with eb all the time hehe

Yeah, I do. I have an older computer that can't handle EB that well. :shame:

johnhughthom
09-19-2008, 09:25
Ibn-Khaldun, I considered taking advantage of your mistakenly giving my character the Parthian Satrapy but decided as my character is unselfish and loyal this would be out of character. Had I, with a suitable backstory obviously, decided to have my character turn around and refuse to hand over the satrapy, possession being 9/10s of the law and all that, would it have been seen as a genuine move or a flagrant attempt to benefit from an obvious mistake? Just so I know in future.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 09:48
Ibn-Khaldun, I considered taking advantage of your mistakenly giving my character the Parthian Satrapy but decided as my character is unselfish and loyal this would be out of character. Had I, with a suitable backstory obviously, decided to have my character turn around and refuse to hand over the satrapy, possession being 9/10s of the law and all that, would it have been seen as a genuine move or a flagrant attempt to benefit from an obvious mistake? Just so I know in future.

Since it was my mistake as a GM then it would've as flagrant attempt to benefit from an obvious mistake. This was not an IC mistake so it would be bad taste to use it since I would have corrected it once I do my next moves.
Although I liked that story:beam:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 10:54
I'll take the save back 12.00 GMT so if you want to do your turn then please do it before that deadline.

Rodrico Stak
09-19-2008, 13:50
Now I'll explain the Rules as I saw them when I wrote them.

If Satrapy is created you have one settlement. Other settlements will be added when your avatars get better Management skills. This is to make those in-game management points important. Once you get 2/4/6/8/10 points you can ask the Basileus to add another settlement into your Satrapy. To get those points you must be present in your Satrapy. It's in your best interest to be in a city and try to make your avatar a good governor. The maximum number of settlements will be 6 then.
Also, the larger the Satrapy the more help you need with governing it and fighting against those brigands. This is why every Satrap will have the chance to get Satraps Aid. But this means more Influence points. And again you get a lot of them in a city/town.
I just wanted to tie the Satrap with his Satrapy more.

Hope this explained here since it's early morning and I haven't got my morning tea. :coffeenews:

I see. Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

One other question: on my trip to join up with the Royal Army, there is one of our armies on the bridge next to Tarsos, besieging the city. I can't pass it because of Tarsos' zone of control, so I have to stay there for one turn. Am I allowed to join the army for that one turn and then the next be on my way?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 14:08
Ask when he attacks. If he plans to attack in this turn then wait till he have done that and then move past Tarsos.

kingsnake
09-19-2008, 16:02
I don't plan to attack this turn (save 271-2-?) the one Ibn just uploaded 2 hours ago. I plan to attack next turn (271-3-?).

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 16:13
If so then you can join his army and before he attacks you should leave the army. ~:)
Also Arrhenides will arrive there in this turn as well ~:)

kingsnake
09-19-2008, 16:21
Yes I loaded the save and played with the characters.
I think I'll attack this turn can I move Arrhenides to my army? And Rodrico's character can move into my army and then leave right away in the same turn, can I move him to? If so what direction should he go? Antiocheia? When I officially take the save?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 16:44
Yes I loaded the save and played with the characters.
I think I'll attack this turn can I move Arrhenides to my army? And Rodrico's character can move into my army and then leave right away in the same turn, can I move him to? If so what direction should he go? Antiocheia? When I officially take the save?

Rodico's SOT post says that you can't move him and this means that you can't do what you wanted. Celtic_Punk's post says that he should be moved to the 1st Syrian Army. So I allow you to move him into your Army. He wanted you to use his avatar in battle anyway. ~:)

kingsnake
09-19-2008, 16:54
Ok I'll leave rodrico alone and attack.

Ummm rodrico is blocking the way. Arrhenides(Celtic Punk) can't join up and I want to attack now.

Can't I just move him to the other side of my army, so I can do my job? That's what he'll do nonetheless...

Ibn-Khaldun
09-19-2008, 23:07
Can't I just move him to the other side of my army, so I can do my job? That's what he'll do nonetheless...

Ok.. just do that when you take the save again since he wanted to get there anyway.

EDIT: I will also expand the time when you can do your turns. I have some old friends coming to visit me and don't have the time to do my turn. I'll so it first thing in Sunday though. I apologize for any inconvenience. ~:)

navarro951
09-19-2008, 23:44
hey so i was just wondering what i should do for now im just keeping watch over the rebels near, in, and around pergamon for now. Im hoping some sort of orders will come through soon

Rodrico Stak
09-20-2008, 02:34
Ok I'll leave rodrico alone and attack.

Ummm rodrico is blocking the way. Arrhenides(Celtic Punk) can't join up and I want to attack now.

Uh, yeah. That's fine. I'll change my SOT post to reflect that.

Edit: actually, since I just took the save, I can do it myself.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-20-2008, 09:31
navarro951.. you can ask the permission to join the Lydian Army. I doubt Rodrico have anything against an extra unit of cavalry. ~:)

Hax
09-20-2008, 10:47
I still ask Andromachos Syriakos the permission to recruit Pandotapoi Phalangitai to his Satraps Army from Persepolis. Also I remind him that Karmana is also part of his Satrpy.

Confirmed. Should I do it myself?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-20-2008, 14:05
No. I shall put them to the recruitment queue in every turn. Also, Hax, you should update your SOT. It would make my life a little bit easier. ~:)

kingsnake
09-20-2008, 14:43
hey could anyone explain each mod on the WotB modpack, thanks

johnhughthom
09-20-2008, 14:55
Force diplomacy-lets you "force" diplomacy on the AI, check the thread in the EB sub forum for unofficial mods.
Phalanx mod-check thread in above forum.
Win conditions-may help AI go for more realistic expansion, again see thread in above forum.
AI battle formations mod-better formations, not sure whether it uses Darth or Sinuhets formation. There is a thread in the above forum.
AI money script-I thought this was for previous versions, gives the AI extra money depending on certain factors. Again there is a thread in the unofficial mods forum.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-20-2008, 14:57
Everything johnhughthom said is true. :yes:
And we are using Sinuhets AI battle formation mod.

Warmaster Horus
09-20-2008, 16:00
AI money script-I thought this was for previous versions,

Everything johnhughthom said is true.
And we are using Sinuhets AI battle formation mod.

I adapted the AI money script (was a simple cut and paste job) so it works for EB 1.1, and I added some lines in a file so it's possible to start the script during the AI turn (in case we've got battles during it; otherwise the game post-battle goes on without the script, which isn't good).
For more info on that last bit, check this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=107325&page=7) out. The way to launch the script now also includes the question mark icon on the battle screen.

Hax
09-20-2008, 20:00
No. I shall put them to the recruitment queue in every turn. Also, Hax, you should update your SOT. It would make my life a little bit easier. ~:)

My..what?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-20-2008, 21:36
My..what?

Your post in the Status and Orders thread. ~:)

Ibn-Khaldun
09-21-2008, 11:58
I can't wait 'til I'm not Chancellor anymore! :beam:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-21-2008, 19:15
Ibn-Khaldun hey Tarsos still has the Ptolemaic government, you left it there on purpose or you forgot?
Yeah.. I forgot. But also I didn't have enough money to build another one so it really doesn't matter. ~:)

00jebus
09-21-2008, 20:12
I can't wait 'til I'm not Chancellor anymore! :beam:

Yea, but who can take over from you?
Nobody's been promoted yet... so you might get stuck with a second term :evilgrin:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-21-2008, 20:37
All of those Satraps and my Heir can also take over ~;)

EDIT: Btw.. After you win that battle against those brigands then.. you will be promoted ~;)

00jebus
09-21-2008, 22:15
^^ I'll get right on that tomorrow, right now...off to bitch about various people and make up stories with the new flatmates.

johnhughthom
09-22-2008, 00:18
Yeah.. I forgot. But also I didn't have enough money to build another one so it really doesn't matter. ~:)

Is that not kinda cheating in EB though? You get money for destroying an enemy govt and military occupation only costs 200(I think).

Ibn-Khaldun
09-22-2008, 17:07
I don't think that this is cheating. And yes, it costs 200mnai only. For some reason I thought that it was more than that. :inquisitive:

johnhughthom
09-22-2008, 17:14
I just had a look at the latest save and realised I made a bit of a mistake in my turn, I moved part of the garrison out of Zadrakata rather than my character. Zadrakata now has 35% loyalty and even putting it down to low will probably lead to riots when we end turn. Sorry about that guys, I'll be more careful in future.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-23-2008, 13:35
That was a deadly bridge. Their army was all archers. :furious3:

Did I forgot to tell you that? :inquisitive:

Celtic_Punk
09-23-2008, 17:16
how long till the fleet reaches Tarsos?

by the way if you havent seen the new ETW trailor, you are a loser.
for a silent hunter fan im pissin my pants on these naval engagements! ive never seen something so welll... realistic!

kingsnake
09-23-2008, 17:52
Damn I have a bad memory, but I think I moved them to the port in some turn (I still haven't checked the asileus reports for new save games -.-')

hey punk if you wish to write the tavern night story with my character just message the context and what lines my character has to say, I'll write them, and i'll send some tips about my character (I don't want him drunk or adultering) you can also add Hágárádáz, he can be drunk ^^

I'm going right now search this new trailer

EDIT Hey punk we probably leave to kypros this season, just in case you may or may not want to write that story, with this new information

EDIT 2 I will upload the game right now and our characters have built a fort in kypros

MerlinusCDXX
09-23-2008, 22:18
Ibn-Khaldun, a few questions

are the 2 units of Pantodapoi Phalangitai in Apameia bound for anywhere in particular? if not, may they be inducted into my Satrapal army? what are the rules on switching government types in Satrapies, if there have been any established?

johnhughthom
09-24-2008, 00:28
MerlinusCDXX, I noticed your character is pessimistic and already has the gloomy trait. It may be a good idea not to use up all your movement points too often, I'm not sure how bad that trait line can get but I know there is at least one more level. -2 to influence and morale would be a bit of a nightmare for your character.

navarro951
09-24-2008, 02:40
Installing a new graphics card today so would someone continue to move my avatar to join up with the 1st L.Army thanx to who ever can do that for me!

navarro951
09-24-2008, 04:56
ok so update on my last post i just finished putting the Radeon X1050 in my cp but gotta make alot of finishing touchs...this thing is so much better then that GeForce FX 5500 i had haha

Ibn-Khaldun
09-24-2008, 13:36
Ibn-Khaldun, a few questions

are the 2 units of Pantodapoi Phalangitai in Apameia bound for anywhere in particular? if not, may they be inducted into my Satrapal army? what are the rules on switching government types in Satrapies, if there have been any established?

They are considered part of Parthian Army. I will recruit you your Satrap Army as soon as I get and have the money to do that. I think that later in the end of my Chancellor term you will have your army~:)
If you want to switch the government then mention in your sot what government type you want and in what settlement if you have more than one of them.

johnhughthom
09-25-2008, 00:33
Can anybody recommend a free program to view TGAs so I can post screenshots?

Rodrico Stak
09-25-2008, 01:16
Try the GIMP. I'll post a link in a minute.

Edit: link (http://www.gimp.org/windows/)

GIMP is a free graphics editor originally created for Linux. It is sort of like photoshop.

johnhughthom
09-25-2008, 01:54
Try the GIMP. I'll post a link in a minute.

Edit: link (http://www.gimp.org/windows/)

GIMP is a free graphics editor originally created for Linux. It is sort of like photoshop.

Thats perfect, thanks a lot.

navarro951
09-25-2008, 03:35
well big problem guys...everytime i start a game, it restarts my cp not sure...just new G-Card problems i could use some help if anyones ever had this happen thanx but ya again can someone move my avatar to the 1st L.Army

Ibn-Khaldun
09-25-2008, 14:36
I have to apologize again to hold up the game. I have some RL issues and I can't so my turn. I have read everything here and I'll respond your questions later today if possible or tomorrow first thing when I get back from work.

Again, I apologize. :shame:

00jebus
09-25-2008, 15:10
Ibn, do me a favour, when you take the save move Timmy west, head towards Antioch, thanks.

kingsnake
09-25-2008, 15:43
jebus, update your SOT...
every chancellor and basileus have to check the SOT(Status and Orders Thread) for orders (within the rules) before taking save and ending the turn

BTW is it necessary to post battle reports with an image of the Battle Results? Beause I see some people don't do it...

kingsnake
09-25-2008, 16:07
johnhughthom it's not up to you to decide if you are accepted in to the family... it's up to your future parent or benefactor to decide -_-

and chaotix it is up to the chancellor to lower the taxes not you, I'm sure he would have done the same as you, but if you are afraid that the chancellor will ignore Side, than edit your SOT or post on the Council or something......

I'm just pointing out the rules you broke, though they aren't serious, I'm just reminding you in case you guys do break some important rules.
I probably am breaking a rule right now :) maybe I should be posting this at a different thread :S

00jebus
09-25-2008, 17:31
there not needed, just helpful in clarifying, sometimes screenshots fail, especally on older comps, or like me, you may forget to turn AA off, that happens, its not against another player, its obvious the player would beat the AI, so why make people fight the battle again?

as I understand it, SOT's are only normally read once (at the start) of a chancallorship, mainly for build/recruitment orders, and details of what can/can't be moved/disbanded.

The Celtic Viking
09-25-2008, 17:33
Since battlepoints are given according to how a battle ends (close victory, heroic victory etc.), it depends on if we can trust eachother to tell the truth. I would prefer a picture anyhow (I myself will supply plenty).

Oh, and about the SOT, it is being read, and not just at the start, so you should enter it there.

and chaotix it is up to the chancellor to lower the taxes not you, I'm sure he would have done the same as you, but if you are afraid that the chancellor will ignore Side, than edit your SOT or post on the Council or something......

I'm just pointing out the rules you broke, though they aren't serious, I'm just reminding you in case you guys do break some important rules.
I probably am breaking a rule right now :) maybe I should be posting this at a different thread :S

Yes, I was about to say this earlier myself, but decided to leave that to Ibn. In any case, I think this is a better place to take it, and a PM or an IC reminder to check that would IMO be better than the SOT.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-25-2008, 19:24
there not needed, just helpful in clarifying, sometimes screenshots fail, especally on older comps, or like me, you may forget to turn AA off, that happens, its not against another player, its obvious the player would beat the AI, so why make people fight the battle again?

Since battlepoints are given according to how a battle ends (close victory, heroic victory etc.), it depends on if we can trust eachother to tell the truth. I would prefer a picture anyhow (I myself will supply plenty).

I prefer screenshots. This way there are no doubts of the result of the victory. We talked about screenshots via PM with 00jebus before and I accepted the results of those battles. But, just like I said, I prefer screenshots. Heroic victory without a screenshot will not be considered 'heroic' but only a 'clear victory'. Also all defeats on battlefield must have a screenshot!

johnhughthom it's not up to you to decide if you are accepted in to the family... it's up to your future parent or benefactor to decide -_-

You are correct. Only the one who is benefactor can accept you into the Royal Family. I would like to know who is the benefactor in this case. Could someone check the save and tell me since I can't do it myself at the moment.
I will leave the save valid since it would take too much trouble to fight those battles again.
If the benefactor agrees with this then so be it. But if not then will need to work something out.
In any case, johnhughthom have broken the rules! This time I will just warn him but next time he does something like that happens I will punish him!

Yes, it is up to Chancellor to lower the taxes. I probably would've done the same but kingsnake is right - it's not up to you whether to raise/lower taxes unless the settlement has been given to you to govern. This is a minor mistake since it can be changed easily but it's a mistake non the less.
Chaotix27 consider yourself warned too!

as I understand it, SOT's are only normally read once (at the start) of a chancallorship, mainly for build/recruitment orders, and details of what can/can't be moved/disbanded.

I read SOT thread every time I do my turn. Basically because to find out what the Satraps want and whether the Armies need retraining. Since we don't have much money in the treasure and Armies have the priority then building requests have been left out. Once all Armies are in their required strength then it is possible to build things that you want. So for Satraps, it is in your best interest to update your SOT regularly.

kingsnake
09-25-2008, 19:29
jebus the chancellor and basileus must write down the orders concerning to their duties in-game before taking the save so they check it constantly

i checked it some hours ago... the benefactor is the first son (second child) of basileus' brother, the benefactor had already some minors.

Andromachos Syriakos if I am correct

johnhughthom
09-25-2008, 23:52
I brought the issue of adoption up in the suggestions thread, I thought Ibn-Khaldun agreed with my point about giving everybody a fair chance to get on the family tree. Obviously I didn't read it right as even if he did agree a motion to change the rules didn't take place. Somebody just suicide my character in a battle.

00jebus
09-26-2008, 11:47
I'm sure they'll be no need for suicide, whoever is your adoptive parent (I think its hax?) may have agreed anyway.

also, my bad, I know a few other game chancallors only bother checking once, If timmy ever becommes chancallor will have to check it repeatadly.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-26-2008, 13:36
I brought the issue of adoption up in the suggestions thread, I thought Ibn-Khaldun agreed with my point about giving everybody a fair chance to get on the family tree. Obviously I didn't read it right as even if he did agree a motion to change the rules didn't take place. Somebody just suicide my character in a battle.

Let's not get that far! The reason I didn't change the rules is that if you want rules to be changed you must do it in the Council Session by proposing a Charter Amendment.
And yes I agreed that everybody should have a fair chance to get to the family but person who is the benefactor should be able to decline the offer if he wants and I think I said that in the suggestions thread too.

Celtic_Punk
09-27-2008, 20:26
Why would the benefactor want to decline?
also is it up to the parent who gets to use his son as his avatar?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-27-2008, 20:47
Why would the benefactor want to decline?
also is it up to the parent who gets to use his son as his avatar?

Benefactor may decline if he have some IC grudge against the other avatar.
And it's not up to parent who gets to use his son as an avatar. When FM becomes of age but there is no player for him then they will be stored in the capital until we find a player who wants to join the game.

Celtic_Punk
09-27-2008, 21:02
hmmm I think until the son is found a player, he should follow the father. It would make a bit more sense that way.

Celtic_Punk
09-27-2008, 21:28
i just got a MOTH scroll for me and i have no idea who the benefactor is, or how to save it without closing it...

edit. its rodriko stak. I accepted it cause i didnt know how to save without closing it.sorry.

and i saw something quite peculiar... classical hoplites in makedonian phalanx formation... wtf?

LordofUmbar
09-27-2008, 21:40
you can save without closing the MOTH pop up by quicksaving (ctrl s). The pop up is diminished, though still there and you can save the game normally.

Celtic_Punk
09-27-2008, 21:54
lol well its a bit late now... but ill remember that fer next time

srry stak

Ibn-Khaldun
09-28-2008, 01:11
you can save without closing the MOTH pop up by quicksaving (ctrl s). The pop up is diminished, though still there and you can save the game normally.

Yes, that's one option. The other one is that you just left click on the message icon in the left side of your screen. There where all those end turn messages come. Just like LoU said, it will be diminished but still there.
I'm also a bit surprised that people don't know this.

Celtic_Punk
09-28-2008, 03:49
well generally when you are playing your own campaign you dont need to make a save and ask if you can be part of the family tree... lmfao

kingsnake
09-28-2008, 08:13
I hope this is an example for the others who don't know this.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-28-2008, 08:44
In the light of this I see why johnhughthom did what he did.
So no actions will be taken. Just remember what to do in future :yes:

The Celtic Viking
09-28-2008, 10:16
You lenient, weak, little... :clown:

Ibn-Khaldun
09-28-2008, 22:06
I will take the save back Monday 6am GMT. If someone wants to make his moves then please do it before the deadline. I can't take it back since my PC that can handle EB is currently unavailable.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-29-2008, 07:59
Moving the Lydian Army to Ipsos for retraining. I left one akontistai in Side to keep the peace. If it's all right, I'll just take the akontistai in Sardis with me on my way to Halikarnassos.

Just noticed this. You can't take that akontistai unit in Sardis since it is part of the Sardis garrison. You need the permission of TCV to take it.

navarro951
09-29-2008, 23:49
well an update on my fried FX 5500...so i burnt out that graphics card and im awaiting my new power supply for my real nice new one so ive been unable to take the save as my comp will just crash with out its power supply to run my new card, so my friend gave me his old FX 5200 which can run RTW so-so so i am no back in and will be awaiting orders. I understand there is a large Ptol. force near us with a few fam members there and was wondering what will happen next with the Lydian Army as i am now serving with them....thanx again for moving me Ibn

Ibn-Khaldun
09-30-2008, 08:34
Moving the Lydian Army, with General Ankyrikos, towards Ipsos for retraining. (This is allowed, correct? If he wants to travel with the army I'm allowed to move him with it? If not, then I apologize, we can revert back to the previous save, and Ibn-Khaldun can move me for this turn.)

His SOT allows you to move him so everything is OK. ~:)

EDIT: Btw.. after this turn second Council session will take place! So you can't take the save before the new Chancellor declares it open!

kingsnake
09-30-2008, 18:20
ibn have you moved the syrian army and my avatar to antiocheia, as I ask in SOT, your season report isn't clear about that...

Ibn-Khaldun
09-30-2008, 22:04
Sry.. but I didn't since it would have caused Salamis to riot or rebel.
Though I could have moved just your avatar to Antiocheia but then I thought that you wanted to stay with the Army and didn't move them at all.
:shame:

kingsnake
09-30-2008, 22:21
Ok no problem then, I just want the avatar and the army to arrive at Antiocheia by the end of the council.

Celtic_Punk
10-01-2008, 04:02
same, I have no time to take the save. So itd be nice, ill update my SOT for it.
The library needs to be updated one of these days aswell

Ibn-Khaldun
10-01-2008, 08:59
Yeah, I know. I'll PM Warmaster Horus. He haven't time to do that recently due to RL.