PDA

View Full Version : My Money,do I buy it.

Jack Dionne
09-01-2008, 15:35
I don’t really care when Empire comes out but I will say this. I am going to wait about 6 months after it has been released to see how things are going. If it’s anything like Med II I won’t get it.

I only play the multi-player portion of the game vs. other humans. That said, if there are the same issues for online play that Med II has I will be keeping my money in my pocket.

Can’t log in, lost connection ring a bell!

CBR
09-01-2008, 16:23
Sounds only sensible. Of course that is the MP dilemma: go with the latest as thats where most people are or wait and play older titles with fewer players and friends.

Dealing with a new game that takes months before the most serious bugs and balance issues are fixed is certainly not my idea of having fun.

CBR

Sol Invictus
09-01-2008, 16:59
I don't think I will be able to wait six months before bugs are squashed; hope there isn't a need. I will do well to restrain myself two weeks.

darrin42
09-01-2008, 18:43
I don't think I will be able to wait six months before bugs are squashed; hope there isn't a need. I will do well to restrain myself two weeks.

Amen brother:beam:

errrrrrrrrframbo
09-08-2008, 11:20
well you can first rent it and play it a few times and if you dont like you wouldnt buy its as simple as that :juggle2:

Puzz3D
09-08-2008, 16:05
well you can first rent it and play it a few times and if you dont like you wouldnt buy its as simple as that :juggle2:
That won't work for MP because of the text verification key that the game uses, and there is no place near me that rents pc games anyway.

Two weeks won't be enough time to wait on a purchasing decision. You'll have to wait until the patch for the add-on is released. Don't forget that the problems in M2TW MP were never corrected. It wasn't that they didn't try. Incredibly, it was because they were unable to fix their code. The people that wrote the code couldn't fix it.

Martok
09-08-2008, 16:42
As Puzz pointed out, renting PC games isn't really an option, at least not here in the U.S.

Personally, I will probably buy it (providing ETW doesn't come with invasive/abusive copy protection, of course), but not until the first patch has been released. Such has usually been my policy when purchasing PC games, and I don't intend on changing that anytime soon.

errrrrrrrrframbo
09-08-2008, 18:17
well if you cant rent it wait till a friend buys it and then wait to see his opinion

LadyAnn
09-08-2008, 19:23
Come on, buy a TW game and never unwrap it. That's a fan :P

I had been waiting a couple of months for a title to go down a bit in price then bought it. Instead of paying $49, I would pay like $39. This time the game is released after the christmas sales season, so I don't know if price would drop.

Annie