PDA

View Full Version : Siege

Lucio Domicio Aureliano
09-05-2008, 23:53
Hail

I think it would be a nice idea if besieging someone costed money since in ancient warfare imposing a siege was very expensive and if that could be add to the game, i believe it would represent the war better. How much would cost could be represented by the equation ( Army size, Settlement size and turns besieged)

Aemilius Paulus
09-07-2008, 04:39
I am not sure about that. What if your faction is in debt, as it is with pretty much every faction in the beginning of the EB campaign? How would you get out of the early-campaign debt if you're in the red and need conquer new territories but cannot, due to the fact that it will cost you to initiate a siege? After all, that is how pretty much everyone climbs out of the deficit in the beginning.

However, if sieging began costing you on the third turn, then I guess you could have the sieges costing money. I said third turn because two turns is normally how much it takes you to build the siege equipment (begin the siege this turn, storm the next)

Although it is a good idea, I seriously doubt the EB team will implement it in the initial release of EB II. The EB team as you might have noticed desperately needs more manpower and there are talks that the first release of EB II won't even have accurate buildings from Antiquity, but the M2TW buildings on the battle map due to the lack of modders. Creating triggers such as the one you have suggested, will probably be one of the last priorities. There are simply too many people asking as well as requesting and not enough actually helping to work on EB II.

Lucio Domicio Aureliano
09-07-2008, 13:43
I think you´re right 1 e 2 turns should not cost you nothing. Another posssibility is to gain some money when you defeat an army because in ancient warfare they always had camps and money to pay the soldiers. How much you ´re going to win/lose could be represented by the equation (Army size, faction treasure, army leader) or something like that.

MerlinusCDXX
09-15-2008, 00:20
I think you´re right 1 e 2 turns should not cost you nothing. Another posssibility is to gain some money when you defeat an army because in ancient warfare they always had camps and money to pay the soldiers. How much you ´re going to win/lose could be represented by the equation (Army size, faction treasure, army leader) or something like that.

There's a mini-mod in EB 1.x that addresses that, called "Spoils of Victory" by VT Marvin, maybe the team could include a version of that into EB2, if they wish to go in that direction.