PDA

View Full Version : WotB The Agora

Ibn-Khaldun
09-06-2008, 15:09
The Agora

Walking through agora you can see various public buildings surrounding the marketplace. There are also places where some politicians and noblemen are trying to win public support with their speeches. Merchants bring goods from all over the world. There are slaves and ivory from Africa, spices from India, silk from distant Empire beyond India, fine horses from the northern steppes, wine from Greece and so on. If you are wealthy enough then even secret information and someones death can be bought here.
So traveler, Welcome to the Agora!

Ibn-Khaldun
12-25-2008, 23:41
Event 2

Slave market

In Seleukeias a man walks through the crowed. Finally reaching to Agora man smiles. He then walks toward the place where rich men usually held their speeches. Finally there he turns towards the people there and speaks...
"Strategoi of the Arche Seleukeia, if you are here of course...
It is known that recently many of your retainers have become too bold and think that they are equal to you.
This can't be tolerated because this kind of anarchy will destroy this great Kingdom that Seleukos and Antiochos built.
So, if you think that one of your servants is thinking too much of himself then this is the place to declare that.
From time to time some slave traders come here and they are happy to "free" you from those people."

Rules

1. Strategos must declare in this thread that he wants to get rid of some of his avatars ancillaries.
Items, animal and Satrapy ancillaries can not be removed this way.

2. After Strategos have said what ancillary he don't want a RBG is recruited to represent the "Salve trader".
Ibn-Khaldun then will use that RBG to collect all those unwanted ancillaries and then kills that RBG.
If there are more unwanted avatars than one RBG can store a second one will be recruited as well.

3. Ancillaries "sold" into slavery can not be taken back anymore. Before the "Slave trader" is removed from the game all those ancillaries "sold" to him can be "bought" by other Strategoi by saying that they want to buy them.

4. This Event is permanent and will last as long as Ibn-Khaldun thinks it is necessary.

MerlinusCDXX
12-26-2008, 09:30
A very large, very Skythian looking man strides in, dragging a very bedraggled-looking Daha from the Eastern provinces. Scanning left and right, his eyes light upon seeing a weedy-looking man near the slave pens "You the slave trader's man?" When the man answers in the affirmative, the man bellows "I'm Aziles, Satrap Phanias Lydikes' uncle."
"Satrap who?" the slaver remarks "Why the hell should I care who your uncle is, Barbaros"
"You should care because you want to buy this useless Dahae piece of crap, and that I'll stomp your weedy little arse if you show me anymore lip. Satrap Lydikes is moving up in the world, and his reach is long, so shut yer trap unless yer talkin' business. You really think anything will happen to me that I can't get out of, what with such a well-connected family and all? This stupid, treacherous piece of crap is a turncoat robber. He can be useful to a strong man who can control that sort, he's good at sniffing out their nests and can assist a military man in deploying his forces against others of his type (OOC: turncoat eleutheroi, +1 command vs eleutheroi). My nephew can't really keep him around anymore, as respectable men don't associate with such scum. So...ya want him or not? If not, tell me now so I can kill him and be done with it."

Ibn-Khaldun
12-26-2008, 12:57
Very well.. one barbarian from the steppes from Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes (OOC: turncoat eleutheroi, +1 command vs eleutheroi).
If someone is interested of him then let me know before slave trader comes and takes him away!

YouHaveRecieved
12-26-2008, 12:59
I would like to buy this barbaroi. Hopefully he can offer me a few tips when I finally come to face them rebels.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-26-2008, 13:05
Good.. he will be sent to you as soon as possible(OOC: when I take the save).
So is there anyone else who want to get rid of their retainers?

The Celtic Viking
12-26-2008, 13:31
A big man dressed as a soldier steps forward.

"Hmm, yes, there is this man I would like to get rid of. It's the horse master of Basileus Sarpedon. He has grown tired of the man, and finds no use of him any longer." (OOC: the Horse Master ancillary, gives +1 command when commanding cavalry. Sarpedon draws no bonus from it since most of his army is infantry.)

everyone
12-26-2008, 13:35
"I would like to buy that man, perhaps he might teach me a thing or two on the art of commanding horsemen"
Hermokrates said as he stepped forward to look for the man who made the offer

(ooc: transferring the horse master should be rather simple because I'm in Basileus Sarpedon's RA)

Ibn-Khaldun
12-26-2008, 13:48
Well, that "horse master" is bought and sold then. Oh, and I got richer again.

(OOC: TCV can just move that ancillary from Sarpedon to Hermokrates when he takes the save)

The Celtic Viking
01-14-2009, 01:22
Sarpedon walks up to the slave trader.

"Is that the guy?" he asks one of his bodyguards.
"Yes, my lord."
"Good." He turns to the slave trader. "During my travel from Byzantion I picked up this... this fool of a prophet. At first I thought he might be valuable to keep around, but the man is nuts. He wouldn't know his own name if you asked him! He'd be much more useful as a slave anyway, and I expect you'd pay a fair price for him. While he's not right in the head, as should be obvious just by the look of him now - he used to be much more presentable when I picked him up, you know - but he is still strong and can do good work in mines or other physical labours. If you cut out his tongue he'd make an excellent carrier."

(OOC: I'm, of course, talking about the wilderness prophet, that gives -1 unrest IIRC.)

Ibn-Khaldun
01-14-2009, 15:35
The man looks the 'prophet' and says...

A slave trader is coming soon and is happy to give this 'prophet' another job. Probably the one you, Basileus, suggested. Oh and that tongue part..

Man waved to one of his guards who smiled and took his knife...

... this will be done right now. Looks like he already want to tell us our future!

Man laughed..

Ibn-Khaldun
02-19-2009, 21:25
Kleonemos Syriakos walks through almost empty streets of Seleukeia, after his first short visit to his brothers Council, he ends up in the Agora. Noticing a small tavern like establishment near by, he goes there and orders himself a bottle of wine. Servant looks at Kleonemos for a second, then smiles and gives him that bottle. Kleonemos takes a seat and starts enjoying his drink.

Cultured Drizzt fan
05-08-2009, 02:34
A messenger walks to the center of the agora, a flag bearer behind him flying the flag of the newly formed kingdom of the crescent. He speaks up " I come with a formal message from Patrokles."

I, Patrokles, Co-regent of The kingdom of the crescent, send my regards first and foremost to the men of my lands neighbors. I would especially like to congratulate the Satrap Nikarchos Asterias Syriakes, for repulsing The Epirus. I am glad they were stopped, though many may not think so. I send my formal regards to him on his victory, and also Wish him luck on any further endeavors he may plan. And I wish to restate my kingdoms offer, any men who wish for their own kingdom can count on our assistance, in both troops and money. But on to other matters, I wish to state that The kingdom of the crescent is always wiling for a peace treaty, and if at any time Sarpedon, or anyone else with the authority wishes for peace they need but ask. I would also ask for my brothers return, along with any other delegates captured for assisting us, At this wars start we let any men still loyal to the Arche out of our border, no questions asked. we ask for the same now.

Cultured Drizzt fan
05-14-2009, 02:05
Another messenger runs up, whispering in the firsts ears
It would appear that Antioch has fallen to Patrokles, and he is once again extending the possibility of negotiations to Sarpedon. however the stakes are a bit higher, if Sarpedon does not open negotiations with Patrokles. then he will tear down all official buildings in the city, along with anything else of value, he will not harm the citizens. but I would not try my master in this. he asks that Sarpedon discuss terms either out in the open of the agora or in private, Sarpedons choice.

The Celtic Viking
05-15-2009, 22:45
A man comes out, and addresses this messenger.

"You can bring a message back to your pig of a master - as well as his associates - and tell him that the terms offered are as follows: the rebels should immediately surrender and return the occupied settlements - untouched - to their rightful owner: Basileus Sarpedon Syriakos.

If you fail to do this, Sarpedon Syriakos will march on you. If even so much as one building in Antiocheia is harmed, Patrokles Adiabenikos' life will be forfeit, and lord Sarpedon Syriakos will never sign a peace treaty with them.

There will be no further discussion."

Cultured Drizzt fan
05-17-2009, 16:59
very well then. your outrage is duly noted.

Celtic_Punk
05-26-2009, 11:32
I have a slave trader i want to be tied up with piano wire please!

(and can you move the armourer from Cunobelinus' son to him please?)

everyone
07-02-2009, 02:04
A messenger arrives at the centre of the Agora
"Let it be known that Hermokrates Parthikos renounces loyalty to the Kingdom of the Crescent.
Along with that, Hermokrates also surrenders the city of Seleukeia back to the control of Basileus Sarpedon.
He also humbly declares his loyalty to Basileus Sarpedon."

OOC: this means Hermokrates Parthikos is defecting from the Kingdom of the Crescent to the Arche, along with Seleukeia, which he is in.
fortunately for the rebels and unfortunately for Sarpedon, this doesn't end the rebellion yet, since their capital is in Babylon.

The Celtic Viking
07-02-2009, 17:20
A messenger hands a parchment to a public speaker, who reads in and then yells out its message with a loud voice.

"News comes from Syria! The battle between the great and noble Basileus, lord Sarpedon Syriakos, and the traitor Patrokles Adiabenikos has finally come to an end! Who else could have won than the mighty Basileus himself? Through his strategic brilliance and diplomatic wisdom, the supreme leader has given Hermokrates Parthikos full amnesty, who has - in accordance to his new oath of loyalty - captured Babylon back, handing it over once again to its rightful ruler. This means that he, or any of his representatives, is once again welcome in the Council.

Talks have also begun with Epikrates Persikou negotiating his surrender. The rebellion in the east seems to have finally come to an end."

kingsnake
07-03-2009, 15:12
Through many cities, from Aigyptos to Syria, a new rumour spreads about the Satrap of Alexandreia and Strategos Hetairos who led many victories throughout the Arche, specially the conquering of Kilikia, the island of Kypros, the once pontic region of Kappadokia and returning Ioudaia from Ptolemy.

It was already official that this Strategos fell bedridden, but many conspiracy theories grew. Some said he died from disease or that he was assassinated, but his aids didn't want to lose control of the rich lands of Aigyptos. Others said he retired to his homeland in Persia or even, outrageously, that he betrayed the empire and joined Ptolemy.

Nonetheless it is said that Aratos is out of his bed and was spotted leaving Alexandreia on his horse. This relighted the Aratos topic and certainly gave the peoples of the Arche a different thing to talk about besides the victory of the Basileus over the Kingdom of the Crescent.