PDA

View Full Version : Map extending in Teutonic and Brittania campaigns to encompass more of scandinavia

Charles the Bold
09-12-2008, 16:47
I was just wondering whether or not it has crossed the mind of anyone to extend the Brittania campaign map and/or the Teutonic campaign map and/or the regular grand campaign map, to include Lapland, more of Finland, Greenland and Svarlbard (an Island north of Scandinavia). I'm sure these would make interesting locations for the Nordic factions to control (particularly in the Teutonic and Brittania campaigns).

Just putting the idea out their.

By the way, thanks a bunch to the guy who made the 'sweden in the Teutonic campaign mod'.

absinthia
09-13-2008, 16:00
actually i have thought of it. but then i figured that the teutonic and crusades campaign would make a better match, since the religious tension of the medieval era is a main theme in both those campaigns.
so i started working on this project dubbed holy total war (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3593693#post3593693)
unless some one with skills and and time to spare joins in and takes the reins this will be a slow development mod, still i aim to complete it though.
i also plan to release the map to the community before i finish the rest, in case some one would like to use it. but i think that i ought to put some more effort into it, before i set it free...

glad you liked the sweds. i was totally baffled that ca had omitted them, what a hack job, it rather ruined the teutonic campaign for me. i just had to do something about it and thus i learned to mod.
mind you, there are some minor issues (hope they are just minor) like some unit cards wearing norwegian colors, some other thing i can not quite remember and off course that the kalmar-union script does not work.

Charles the Bold
09-13-2008, 17:05
thanks. its good to know there's someone outthere in the same mindframe as me. would require any help with your mod, i'm willing to help afterall (nothing to difficult though as i'm a bit new to the whole modding thing).

by the way, is your map going to go all the way to Svarlbard and Greenland.

Charles the Bold
09-13-2008, 20:12
Actually does anyone want to join my team for the new mod i'm going to create.

The mod will probably include the lands that i mentioned at the beginning of this thread and will be based on the Kingdoms Teutonic and Brittania campaign. it will probably be called Viking Conquests (because of the lands the vikings settled in in Svarlbard, Greenland etc.) or Scandinavia Tw (although it won't just be scandinavia centric, it will include the UK aswell).

i aim to include:

all the nordic factions; norway, denmark, sweden and finland
scandinavia holdings in; greenland, svarlbard, (maybe even Canada)
new faction of finland with tech tree similar to pagan lithuania in Teutonic campaign
regions of scandinavia in more detail
dismounted generals bodyguards for all factions (scandinavia one get axes and/ gotland footmen)
regions of england and updated england and scotland factions.
maybe Teutonics, Novgorod/Russia, and HRE territories in Baltic region.

oh and the timeline will probably range from 800 ad-1400/1530

at the momet i need people who can create good maps, and people good at scripting (as i'm a bit of a noob at these). the whole project should be a really great challenge for everyone involved and should produce a really great mod.

PM me if you want to help.

absinthia
09-13-2008, 20:48
sorry to point this out, but svalbard was not known of at that time. it was not discovered until much later, and the predominance of dutch place-names should give a clue to which whaling-fleet who actually discovered it.
so i presume you are thinking of iceland...
even so i would not think that neither iceland nor greenland warrant any place within a setting of medieval-warfare. neither did these lands see any major war-like action, neither did they have any centralized government. sure, the icelandic sagas are great reading, but they only concern blood-feuds. no conquest, no king and no armies.
also having iceland and greenland would make for a map that mostly consisted of water, no fun...

trust me, i`m norwegian :viking: .

Charles the Bold
09-13-2008, 21:03
sorry maybe i wasn't very clear i'm English you see :oops: (although there probably is some Viking blood in me) what i meant was that those islands would just sidelines for the main conflicts in scandinavia, the baltic and the UK.

if you need any help with your mod i could help.

Charles the Bold
09-13-2008, 21:10
i'm sure if you and me pooled our expertise then we could create a great mod

absinthia
09-13-2008, 21:32
i am kind of swamped right now. i hope to make a contribution to vacuus lux lucis by making a huge detailed map of the british isles. and until that is squared i have put my own project a bit on hold.
but if you would like to help out i left an answer to your post at my holy total war thread at twcenter.

Charles the Bold
09-14-2008, 09:18
thanks for that