PDA

View Full Version : WotB First Council Session - Legislation Voting

Warmaster Horus
09-12-2008, 21:38
This poll is only for players of Will of the Basileus.

Voting will be open for 48 hours, until 20:00 GMT on Sunday, September 14th.

Please note: If you wish to abstain on a vote, do not vote either yes or no for it.

The full text of the proposals is as follows:

Edict 1.1: Following Regular Armies shall be created: 1rst Syrian Army(in Antiocheia), 1rst Lydian Army(in Sardis), 1rst Parthian Army(in Hekatompylos).
Proposed: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos
Seconded: Theodotas Termessou Pisidikes, Aratos Arethousas Syriakes

Edict 1.2: Send envoys to the steppe nomads of the Sakae tribes, to propose a complete cease-fire.
Proposed: Andromachos Syriakos
Seconded: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos, Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes

Edict 1.3: Did not receive the required seconds.

Edict 1.4: After a succesful mission against the Egyptians on Mikro Asia. The 1st Lydian Army is to conquer independent Halikarnassos. Only if the diplomatic relations with the Makedons remain peaceful, if not the army is to retreat and defend Sardis. The Syrian Army will board transportation ships (the cheapest fleets we can build) and invade Kypros. After a succesfull mission they board on the fleet back to Antiocheia.
Proposed: Aratos Arethousas Syriakes
Seconded: Alexandros Syriakos, Attalos Peragmou Mysiakes

Edict 1.5: Send an envoy to agree trade rights and a military alliance with Saba.
Proposed: Polyxenidos Lykikos
Seconded: Attalos Peragmou Mysiakes, Sarpedon Syriakos

Edict 1.6: To send an ambassador to the Peloponnese and establish peace and trade routes with The Hellenon Koinon.
Proposed: Arrhenides Gedrosianos Cunobelinus
Seconded: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos, Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes

Edict 1.7: Diplomats should be sent to Baktria to give and get trade rights and form a new alliance with them.
Proposed: Basileus Antiochos Syriakos
Seconded: Aratos Arethousas Syriakes, Alexandros Syriakos

Hax
09-12-2008, 23:38
1.6 for me should have been yes, but for some reason I voted no.

Celtic_Punk
09-13-2008, 01:03
I almost did that myself... i was wondering why you did aswell... it would look kinda bad if i voted no for my own edict :P

Warmaster Horus
09-13-2008, 09:01
Noted. When I tally the results, I'll take your no for a yes, Hax.

Chaotix
09-13-2008, 18:58
What ratio of Yes:No votes is required in order for an edict to pass?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-13-2008, 19:30
It's is clear that at this point all those Edicts have passed.
I will talk to WH and will see whether we close the poll sooner than the deadline or not.
The thinkg is that everyone have the right to vote so.. I wouldn't want to take that right away from people just because they were not able to do their voting during the first 24 hours.

~:)

From the Rules about the voting:

3.3 Edicts

Edicts require a simple majority of votes to pass and remain in effect until the next normal session of the Council.
Tied Edicts fail. If contradictory Edicts are passed, the one with the most votes takes priority.

Warmaster Horus
09-13-2008, 19:36
Edicts require a simple majority of votes to pass and remain in effect until the next normal session of the Council.
Tied Edicts fail. If contradictory Edicts are passed, the one with the most votes takes priority.

Charter amendments require a two-thirds majority to pass.
Note as well that influence (the one shown in the Library) has an effect. The Basileus' vote has more effect than that of a simple Strategos.

Edit: I've gotta stop looking at other threads while posting!

Ibn-Khaldun
09-13-2008, 22:20
Since it's clear to see that all Edicts have passed then this voting period is over.

The save will be made available some time in tomorrow.

-----------

Influence over 1 is noted in parentheses:

Edict 1.1 - Yes: 00jebus, Celtic_Punk, Chaotix27, Ibn-Khaldun(3), Incitatus, johnhughthom, kingsnake, LordofUmbar, MerlinusCDXX, Rodrico Stak, The Celtic Viking
Edict 1.1 - No: Hax

13 to 1 - Edict 1.1 passes.

-----------

Edict 1.2 - Yes: Celtic_Punk, Chaotix27, Hax, Ibn-Khaldun(3), Incitatus, johnhughthom, kingsnake, LordofUmbar, MerlinusCDXX, Rodrico Stak, The Celtic Viking
Edict 1.2 - No: 00jebus

13 to 1 - Edict 1.2 passes.

-------------

Edict 1.4 - Yes: 00jebus, Celtic_Punk, Chaotix27, Hax, Ibn-Khaldun(3), Incitatus, johnhughthom, kingsnake, LordofUmbar, Rodrico Stak, The Celtic Viking
Edict 1.4 - No: MerlinusCDXX

13 to 1 - Edict 1.4 passes.

-------------

Edict 1.5 - Yes: 00jebus, Celtic_Punk, Chaotix27, Ibn-Khaldun(3), Incitatus, johnhughthom, kingsnake, LordofUmbar, MerlinusCDXX, Rodrico Stak, The Celtic Viking
Edict 1.5 - No: Hax

13 to 1 - Edict 1.5 passes.

-------------

Edict 1.6 - Yes: 00jebus, Celtic_Punk, Ibn-Khaldun(3), Incitatus, johnhughthom, kingsnake, LordofUmbar, MerlinusCDXX, Rodrico Stak, The Celtic Viking
Edict 1.6 - No: Chaotix27, Hax

12 to 2 - Edict 1.6 passes.

-------------

Edict 1.7 - Yes: 00jebus, Celtic_Punk, Ibn-Khaldun(3), johnhughthom, kingsnake, LordofUmbar, MerlinusCDXX, Rodrico Stak, The Celtic Viking
Edict 1.7 - No: Chaotix27

11 to 1 - Edict 1.7 passes.

-------------

Chaotix
09-14-2008, 06:10
Err... I suppose it doesn't really matter for this first one, but in future votes are you still going to reveal who voted for what? It might be better that everyone doesn't automatically know someone's policy on each edict.

Celtic_Punk
09-14-2008, 06:31
anonymous voting wasnt invented till like... i dunno after 1867 lol

political hopefuls used to take edgar allen poe out get him hammered so that hed vote for them, then theyd take him on a trip through the country side voting at different places.

Warmaster Horus
09-14-2008, 12:02
I think the votes will always be public. Imagine the voting scene being in the Council, with people raising their hand to indicate their vote (that's how I see it). Difficult to hide in that situation.