PDA

View Full Version : sieging sucks in TW. can you do anything?

ludwag
09-13-2008, 17:59
I really love the total war games very much. But i have always disliked sieging.

Why? its boring. We cant use any good strategies. No strategy. Ofcourse there is tricks. Alot of tricks, but when using them it makes me feel bad. Becouse they are noe historical, and not awesome. Sieging in all total war games are boring, and no exciting at all. Dont you think?

And the worst thing about it is that they ALLWAYS has to be played. No auto resolve. Every time i'm being sieged or besieging, I'm like :thumbsdown:.

So i just wondered whats the possibilitys in changing this? I have no experience in modding and i dont know what is possible and impossible. Becouse of that, you may think this sounds stupid, but i have ALOT of ideas that is not advanced or hard.

Foot
09-13-2008, 18:33
what did you hav in mind? Assaulting during a siege was very rare but largely followed the route that assaults take in the TW series - a mad rush for the wall and some street fighting. Obviously control the plaza isn't realistic but its not many other options open to the developers.

Foot

ludwag
09-13-2008, 19:16
Yeah. I have a big book about sieging, so i know. I use to wait untill the sally. But some times it has to be done fast before reinfocements.

I think there is no sieging-mood or anything. There is just a square city with a high stone-fence of a wall lying in the middle of a grass og desert field. You know what i mean? There is no siege camp or structure around.

I dont expect the team to make all this better, but in medieval there is more possibilityes. Like sharpened stakes og traps. I just wonder if there is possible to make things like this. Maybe some camp or something to. And medieval have improved very mutch the cityes allready. like when they are next to a mountain or have a moat. So i am wondering what they have the abillity to do with this.

Parkev
09-14-2008, 03:21
I have a feeling this would be:
a) impossible; and failing that:
b i) very difficult, time consuming and not critical to gameplay; and as a result
b ii) very low priority.

I think its important to remember that all games are only models and sometime you have to fill the gaps with your imagination to get the full enjoyment, especially true with a historically accurate turn base strategy game.