PDA

View Full Version : My Little Conan Film

Taranaich
09-18-2008, 11:13
2006 was the Centenary of Robert E. Howard's birth, and a time of great celebration among the Howard & Conan fandom. It was also the year I embarked on my degree course for computer animation & digital art. It was, thus, a no-brainer for me to do a Conan film.

Well by Crom, it took me damn near two years, but the Conan short is finally up on the Maul of Cyberspace that is Youtube! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkwXghaQt5c)

I'm still immensely proud of it after all this time, even though I cringe a bit at a few of the glitches & things I feel I could've done better, but I still think I did good for my level of ability at the time. I've also added narration & a little prologue, plus it can be viewed in lovely High Definition!

I may use elements of the film for the introduction movie to Conan: Total War, interspersed with in-game footage of armies and cities, though it would be longer and with more stuff happening in it.

Feel free to comment here, or on Youtube here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkwXghaQt5c). :2thumbsup:

Irishmafia2020
09-19-2008, 01:40
Nice job - it would make a good intro....

keravnos
09-19-2008, 13:13
Intro for Conan Total war is ready, I see! :smash:

Spartan198
09-19-2008, 15:17
Excellent! I love it!

BTW, I sent you a friend invitation, too!

~ SpartanWarrior198
(Yep, I\'m EVERYWHERE!)

Taranaich
09-20-2008, 16:38
Cheers lads!

Cadwalader
09-22-2008, 11:51
Nice job Taranaich. Did you narrate it yourself?

Taranaich
09-22-2008, 22:59
Yup. I think I ended up channeling Brian Blessed via Christopher Lee :dizzy2:

Some have said it's rather bombastic, but ever since seeing that scene in The Whole Wide World where Howard was belting out the words as he typed, I simply can't imagine not reading out Howard in a booming baritone. :beam:

christof139
11-09-2008, 08:14
Great video and voice. It would be a good intro vid as someone else here already said, or at least the basis for an intro vid.

Chris