PDA

View Full Version : LotR - House Ilios Korakas II

ULC
10-11-2008, 11:03
House of Ilios Korakas

From the street, the house is no different from any other affluent house in the district. But if you gather the courage to open its doors and enter, you step into another world. Rich tapestries of oriental design, and statues of men with animal heads greet you. A large sphinx sits directly in front of the house gates, seeming to question your presence in this most sacred hall.

But for all these refined ornaments, the main impression you get once in the hall is that of a military power. Suits of armor stand around the room as if ready to pounce on any intruder, weapons and shields are displayed on the white-washed walls, some of a design never seen in Byzantium.

What you notice last is the great pennant falling from the vaulted ceiling which displays the arms of the House you just entered...

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee86/badlieutenant_bucket/tristan3br5.png

Circling the Sphinx, a double staircase leads to the first floor. To the left, wide double doors open on a great hall where a banquet table is set up. A door to the right leads to a map room where on a table in the center, a detailed map of the known world is laid out. Bookshelves with treatises on warfare and politics line the walls.

Passing behind the sphinx and under the staircase, you find yourself in a small courtyard, where the relaxing gurgle of a fountain can be heard amid the fragrance of the hibiscus flowers. A colonnade at the back of the courtyard leads to a wide field made of packed earth with a high wall belting it. Against the wall, you notice several racks bearing mock weapons and shields. In the distance, you notice an archery target.

Walking back to the library, you happen to notice on a scriptorium a large book of rich manufacture open to the first page, which you begin reading...

Charter

I) Purpose

The House of Ilios Korakas is established to restore the Empire to greatness, through military prowess and discipline and strict adherence to chivalric ideals, setting an example for all the known world to follow.

II) House Heirarchy

The House will be headed by the Captain-General, who will be seconded by the Warden-Marshal. All other members will be awarded the title Legate.

The Captain-General will hold the highest level of rank in the Feudal chain, while the Warden holding the second highest position. If the Feudal structure changes, it will reorganize so that the Captain-General and Warden-Marshal hold the first and second position, respectively.

III) House Responsibilities

The Captain-General will lead the armies and will be responsible for filling out the Legates requests for troops and structures to the Megas Logothetes. The Captain-General is allowed to maintain up to 20 units within his army.

The Warden-Marshal is responsible for domestic affairs and the defense of House lands that are undefended by a Legate or the Captain-General. The Warden-Marshal is allowed to maintain up to 15 units within his army.

The Legates will lead the armies of House Ilios Korakas, and will seek out conquest and battle with noble intention. Legates will be responsible for alerting the Captain-General and Warden-Marshal to their needs. A Legate is allowed to maintain up to 10 units within his army. In an army with 2 or more Legates, the maximum number is increased to 20.

In times of Civil War, the Warden-Marshal and Legates may maintain up to 20 units instead of their normal count.

IV) House Code of Conduct

Each member will conduct themselves with the utmost honor and nobility upon the battlefield. Members who release prisoners will be rewarded with retinue and extraneous land, and those who execute their captives will have retinue removed from them or lands taken, but not before being able to present their case before an Assembly of the Legates. Those who ransom will suffer no ill will, but will not be rewarded either.

Each member will be noble and kind to even our enemies people. Members who occupy captured settlements will automatically gain that settlement as it's undisputed governor. Those who insist on exterminating a settlement will be brought before an Assembly of Legates to determine the legitimacy of their hold on it, as well as their other holdings. Those who sack settlements will have the settlement forfeited to the Captain-General for assignment to a Legate.

All settlements, retinue, and units will remain within House Ilios Korakas unless decided upon by an Assembly of Legates.

V) Assembly of the Legates

The Assembly of the Legates will be composed of all members of House Ilios Korakas. The Assembly of the Legates will be called forth in the following circumstances -

To Elect the Captain-General and/or the Warden-Marshal. The Captain-General and/or Warden-Marshal require a 2/3 vote to be elected. In the case that a 2/3 majority cannot be reached, the Legate with the most command will appoint the Captain-General and the Warden-Marshal.

To Impeach the Captain-General and/or the Warden-Marshal. The Captain-General and/or Warden-Marshal require a 2/3 vote to be impeached. If a 2/3 majority cannot be reached, then the motion fails.

To decided the fate of a breach of the House Code of Conduct. The accused will present his case to the Legates, and the Legates may then decide whether to punish him or not by 2/3 vote, and what the punishment will be.

To decide the fate of Retinue, Settlements, and Units from a now deceased Legate, Warden-Marshal, or Captain-General, if the will of the deceased violates the charter. Decisions must be reached by 2/3 vote, otherwise the will is executed as dictated.

Within the Assembly of the Legates, a majority of one will always have their motions fail. The incumbent Captain-General and/or Warden-Marshal will not vote upon their own impeachment.

House Records

Current Legates
Comes Efthymios ek Herakliou
Comes Methodios Tagaris
Hypatos Nikolaos Aristenos

Captain-Generals
Methodios Tagaris 1125 - 1149.
Nikolaos Aristenos 1149 - ????

Warden-Marshals
Methodios Tagaris 1149 - ????

House Holdings
Alexandria, property of Nikolaos Aristenos
Cairo, property of Methodios Tagaris
Gaza, property of Methodios Tagaris
Solomeia, property of Efthymios ek Herakliou

Dafuge
10-11-2008, 16:21
I hereby swear an oath of fealty to Comes Methodios Tagaris

_Tristan_
10-12-2008, 09:31
And I gladly accept it.

Dafuge
10-12-2008, 10:20
My Lords, I must report that I am very unhappy with my decision to leave Alexandria, but it seemed as though the locals did not take to me. As such I have left Alexandria and have stationed my bodyguards and I on a bridge to the East. It is my intention of joining up with Ceaser's army before the siege of Medina. My guess is that I will be too late but hopefully I will be there for the final taking of the last Fatamid settlement. Mecca.

ULC
10-12-2008, 16:57
Legate Efthymios ek Herakliou, step forward so I may award you with Solomeia (Medina, for clarification) and the rank of Comes.

Dafuge
10-12-2008, 18:00
Efthymios steps forward with slight hesitation

I gratefully accept this grand offer. Thankyou m'lord. I will repay you, I swear it.

ULC
10-23-2008, 15:50
Efthymios, Methodios, I need to speak with you.

Dafuge
10-23-2008, 16:53
I will retreat to our private chambers, Sire, I'm aware of what you speak.

_Tristan_
10-23-2008, 17:09
I eagerly await what you have to say, Nikolaos.

Dafuge
10-24-2008, 16:24
I break my oath to Methodios Tagaris and swear a new one to Nikolaos Aristenos.

Smowz
11-05-2008, 21:43
Circling the sphinx determinedly strides a hearty fellow. He strides toward the centre of the room and says to no-one in particular.

I, Vakchos Tzetzis swear an oath of fealty to my longtime commander and father in law Methodios Tagaris.

I have served faithfully under him and he has blessed my loyalty by bringing him into his family. Master Tagaris may 'out of favour' in the Imperial court, but I trust his contributions and retainers are welcome here.

Now who here will drink with me to the wonderful conquest of the Fatamid Caliphate.

With that behind Vakchos comes several servents carrying large barrels of ale, Vakchos pulls out a large tankard pours himself a drink and slurps happily from it.

Dafuge
11-06-2008, 17:08
Welcome, noble Vachos, I'm sure I would love a drink.

_Tristan_
11-09-2008, 21:43
Vakchos,

Old friend...

Though I am honoured by your oath, I think accepting it at this point would be doing you a disservice by dragging you into a war that is not your own.

Once the dispute with Ioannis is resolved, I will gladly have you as my vassal with all the benefits that entails.

ULC
11-10-2008, 20:22
Methodios, as per the House Charter, Kosmopolis is mine do with as I see fit because of your sacking of the city. I will grant the governorship of the fine city to Vakchos when this is over, but for now it is mine. We must respect the House charter, or set a dangerous precedent.

TinCow
11-10-2008, 20:30
OOC:

In re:

Vakchos,

Old friend...

Though I am honoured by your oath, I think accepting it at this point would be doing you a disservice by dragging you into a war that is not your own.

Once the dispute with Ioannis is resolved, I will gladly have you as my vassal with all the benefits that entails.

Swearing an oath to someone involved in a Civil War does not automatically make that person a part of the Civil War. That only applies to people who were vassals when the declarations of war were made. Vassals who swear after the declaration of war will only be part of the Civil War if they declare war or if someone else declares war on them. Thus, Vakchos can swear to Methodios and still remain neutral in the war... at least as far as the Rules are concerned. If the above decision is for IC purposes only, please ignore this post.

_Tristan_
12-19-2008, 09:50
Brothers, the death of Nikolaos leaves us leaderless. It is time for us to choose a new Captain-General among us.

Who would you see as our leader ?