PDA

View Full Version : Redux: Debug-Area...

Axalon
10-28-2008, 06:37
Ok, I have set up this thread for the sake of clarity and at the same in an effort of trying to keep all such related stuff as the title suggests in one single place. Here!

When reporting bugs:

Always remember to check that your game is fully updated and running on optimal status…
Always remember to state what redux version you are running is it v.1.1 or VI/v.2.01?
Always remember to state upon what version is running upon. Is it original MTW/VI/ Gold/Era-Edition?
Always remember to state if you got several installs of different versions of MTW.
Always remember to state exactly where the bug is located or the circumstances that make it appear…
Always remember to give an extensive description of the anomaly, bug or error. That way; chances are a lot greater that we actually identify it and thus can find some possible solutions for it.
Always remember to cross-check if it might be a corrupted-save, the info on that is available here ( https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109047/vb).
Always consult the “known bugs” section in the redux “ReadMe”-file or the list here below before you try to report in a bug…

COMMON BUGS: (Primarily it concerns v.1.1)
--------------------

Selecting random units in MTW-Redux will usually cause the game to freeze, so don’t use that.

Selecting historical battles will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.

Selecting historical campaigns will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.

Selecting the campaign tutorial will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.

In campaign-mode a province or regions religions value (catholic, Islamic etc.) might drop well under the 100% standard total, this bug happens seemingly at random in a province that just had a siege or battle the turn before. It seems that it happens more often if the province is or was under rebel rule. The effect of the game minor but all bordering provinces will eventually drop their religions values to zero. Which means that most general’s recruited from these provinces will have poor piety values from start. Other than that it seems to have little effect on the game, aside from it being annoying. The only way that seems to halter this bug is to destroy the castle in province before going to next turn. Other than that I have no clue what to do here.

In campaign-mode the game sometimes freezes from one turn to the next. Usual symptom are that some soundfile loops and are stuck. Load a save at least two “turns/years “ prior to that turn and the game will usually progress as supposed to. Don’t know for sure why this is and have no other solution to offer, sorry. Note that this is not in any way unique for redux it happens in the original as well.

The variable faction shields may be somewhat unreliable and colours sometimes don’t show up right. This is an annoying bug and I have not found a simple and good way to counter it for certain. It also seems that this problem vary from computer to computer, and from game mode to game mode. However, in the Medieval - Total War\Battle\FacShield -folder (in both "Hires" and "Lores" folders) I have put some alternate shields that might solve this bug for you. These alternate faction shields are marked with an "x" in the beginning, as in "x_germany.tga" (or "x_germany" dependant on your settings) for example. Change the names these alternates to the ordinary file-names and hopefully the problem is gone (back up both variants to be on the safe side). Other than that I have no clues to what to do here since it seems to be a hard coded issue. FIXED!

The "name-anomaly" is a strange bug that due to hardcoded framworks some names might seem to be out of place now and then concerning the Moorish, Saracen and Portuguese factions. I have tried to camoflage it as well as possible but other than that I can’t do
anything about it. If I could I would but this is hardcoded stuff.

Princess bug, valid for Portugal and Lithuania. Roughly about AD 720 these factions cease to generate new princesses. This is all hardcoded, if I could change all that I would. (in VI/v.2.01 it is the Norse and Lithuanians instead, the problem is the same but restricted to pagan-factions).

Russian ruler bug, the very first turn he dies and his heir takes over the following turn. This is all hardcoded, if I could change it I would. FIXED!

The Norse and Lithuanian factions have too share Islamic event pics, again
hardcoded it seems thus I can’t change it. I put in as neutral pics as I can to mittigate it...

Vices and virtue bug, for some reason the usual progression of these seem to freeze once it has evolved up to step 2 (out of 3-4 possible). All this seems to be hardcoded, if I could change all that I would. Possibly it might be connected to the originals era-progression but this is not absolutely certain.

The original game, MTW, has a nasty habit of corrupting saved games now and then. Sadly this flaw is also effects the redux version as well (even if the origins of all this are clearly from the original and not redux). When these things happen there is little you can do short of go back to a healthy previous saves and go on playing from that point. Because of these circumstances it is strongly recommended that you do regular “Master Saves” so the effects of these occurrences is minimized as far as possible. Do this at least every 5th turn to be on the safe side. Also, when you do these “Master Saves” do them at the very beginning of a turn, before you do anything. That way your chances of getting a healthy save are increased. A common symptom of a corrupted save is that the game suddenly crashes and you cant get to tactical mode for some strange reason. Be aware of this and do those regular “Master Saves”, for your own sake!

For full information on known bugs, anomalies and tech-stuff, please refer to the latest "Redux_ReadMe100x.txt" (relevant sections). For VI/v.2.01-specific info please refer to the latest "Redux VI_ReadMe100x.txt" released....

- A

William the Silent
10-28-2008, 12:15
Are the Town Guard, Town Militia and County Militia buildings supposed to generate any units for the russian? Because they don't.

I noticed Redux Castle got 4 towers now. Are you going to built dungeon too?

Axalon
10-28-2008, 17:42
Hi there Will,

Well um… They don’t, quite right. Militia stuff don’t strike me as very Russian so all those units are locked. Militia stuff is not an “Eastern” thing… Not in my book anyway. Hence Russia, Byzantium, Poland and Hungary don’t have much of that. At any rate, all the buildings still provide the usual happiness boost!

- Cheers
----------
Yep! That and a sturdy gatehouse as well, at the very least… Already made lots of plans for the dungeon!

William the Silent
11-09-2008, 11:39
Count Axalon,
You were talking about these Aragonese in your Blitz Spain Campaign reply to Cambovenzi.
I had noticed during my Slomo Campaign that their stacks are pretty weak, with lots of skirmishers.

https://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8039/sp771aragonarmyjw0.th.jpg (https://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sp771aragonarmyjw0.jpg)
See stack buildup.

If you make these Aragonese stronger, everybody will be forced to go the Slomo way and I will be the hero :laugh4::laugh4:.

Kidding!

Axalon
11-09-2008, 17:59
Noted William, I'll fix it....

Axalon
11-11-2008, 11:52
SPANISH BUG FOUND!
------------------------
Ok, it has come to my attention that by exploiting various flaws in the original game (MTW) it is possible to play reduxed Spain in a way that makes it unacceptably simple. By commencing a chain-reaction of silly retreats from the AI it has become possible to totally ruin the designs set up for Spain. I will have none of that and this is utterly unacceptable of course.

Current released material has these weaknesses built in so the damage is already there (sadly enough). What remains now is to do some damage control and the first step on that direction is this release of this “rushed into service” experimental startpos for both versions of redux the “N1000/1” (versions for both V.1.1 and VI/2.01) and see if the problem have been successfully countered with that.

Further down the road an official redux patch will be released and rest assured the Spanish bug will be completely killed to the best of my abilities with that. As for now, all you guys will be the testers of the N1000 “startpos” – so report your findings in this matter right here since this is now a bug-matter! Also state what version your'e running your tests with N100x, is it V.1.1 or VI/V.2.01?

Download experimental startpos Spanish fix “N1000” for MTW V.1.1:
REMOVED

Download experimental startpos Spanish fix “N1001” for MTW VI/2.01:
REMOVED

Cambovenzi and Obliqueattack have both already secured a credit for bringing this fact to my attention. I will also credit anybody else who reports in any other substantial information in this matter that are connected to the N100x-file. All credits will be included in the future formal redux-patch and the release of MTW-redux 1.1 (3rd edition).

-------------------------------------------------------
MISSION BRIEFING: “N1000/N1001-testing” (Expert-level)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ok, this is for all you guys who wants try it out and want to help some at the same time! First of all place the file in the right place, probably something like that: X:\?\?\Redux - Total War\campmap\startpos. Place the N100x there, if everything is working you should see it when you try to start a new campaing. Now, your mission while testing the N1000/N1001 are divided into three parts:

Play as Spain, Expert-level. Secure the entire Iberian Peninsula as fast as humanly possible; including Aragon, Navarre, Valencia, Castile, Leon, Portugal, Cordoba and Granada. How long does this take? How many turns? Find that out. If it takes you 40+ turns abort mission and report in the good news. Do it twice to be on the safe side....
Play as Spain, Expert-level. How long does it take to annihilate the Moors completely out of the game? NOTE, in this mission it is not necessary to secure the Peninsula. If it takes you 40+ turns abort mission and report in the good news. Do it twice to be on the safe side....
Play as as the Moors and check out that there is no freezes or any other problems with the current experimental configuration. Play 5 turns, do it at least twice. If there is no problems at all abort mission and report in the good news.

Ok that’s all, get out there and do some fancy fighting then. I should be harder to "blitz-around" now. :knight:

- Cheers

William the Silent
11-11-2008, 20:42
Will that fix kill early saved games? It will otherwise end my Conquest for Spain.

I think blitzkrieg is typicly something you have to play with the unit size that is recruited in one turn.
I always play on HUGE, which makes blitzing harder.
For me the harder the better.

Hope the changes will not influence the balance of the game :juggle2:.

I actually was curious what would happen to the blitzers later in the game, when other factions have been building while they were fighting. Saracens always come up strong later.

That retreat bug is indeed really bad for the game. Even if you would have to fight a weaker enemy on the map, you would suffer casualties. Also battles in the desert are hard because of fatique normally. You can loose battle just because of that in the desert. The retreat thing by-passes all that. Also when you do auto-resolve (that's a MTW bug).

We will keep on battling your mod :viking: and you keep on battling the bugs :wizard:. Hehe!

Still a very good/fun mod.

Joh
11-11-2008, 21:38
Hi Axalon,

I think you are getting into dangerous waters here. I had a very brief look at the new file and saw that you have increased the rebellion of Moorish provinces. My problem with that is that for an AI controlled Spain, this might ruin the game. The Moors have been reported as a powerful faction (even though we know Redux can lead to different late game scenarios), and this would only make them stronger.

The problem is that you are trying to match the response of the AI to the response of a human player. We humans are much more resourceful and will take advantage of all possible circumstances, whereas the AI is anything but creative. Probably, the best solution will be to increase the recruitment time of the units so you cannot produce as many as you need to keep rebellion low rather than increase rebellion in all faction provinces.

In any case, I tried your file for a few turns. Cordoba has no troops originally, is that intended or a bug? I actually invaded Cordoba in the first turn, leaving a token unit in Castile and nothing in Leon. You can get the province without a fight, and neither Portugal nor Aragon will attack you. The problem being that loyalty is very low and a rebellion eventually starts (in my case 5 Moorish archers and 8 slave militia, which delays you a bit.

Joh

cambovenzi
11-12-2008, 09:20
i have a better solution, raise the upkeep costs.
the low upkeep costs allows people to just produce massive amounts of troops, and keep them around for next to nothing.

Obliqueattack
11-13-2008, 08:21
:beam: A suggestion,bearing in mind I know little about modding:
One thing that sticks out is how Navarre seems empty or uncontrolled for years early on.
I was able to empty Castille of troops ready for the blitz on the Moors both times. Nothing in Navarre plus alliances with Portugal and Aragon left Castille with NOTHING to worry about :laugh4::laugh4:. Perhaps a significant starting force in Navarre might prevent Spain from being able to send all its regulars south to fight the Moors. Also perhaps you could make inns and peasants more expensive.

Obliqueattack
11-13-2008, 08:29
:oops:I forgot one thing;
The castles fall after one year usually; is there some way to increase their reserves?If they could hold out for longer, Spain would have to buy siege equipment or risk a castle assault.

Obliqueattack
11-13-2008, 08:40
Sorry for monopolizing this thread and the multiple posts but something occurred to me.
What is this deal with peasants anyway? I mean, they are ineffective in combat, but are cheap and good at increasing loyalty because of their numbers; nobody would buy them except to garrison provinces and increase loyalty. It doesn't make sense to me how daring rebels would tremble before peasants and therefore not rebel!! Why not get rid of peasants all together, forcing rather more expensive garrisons (eg 100 archers at 350 a time) or replace them with urban militia?
Just a thought - feel free to pull it apart:smash:

Axalon
11-16-2008, 18:15
Hello guys and thanks for all the suggestions.

It certainly is way better to have a lot of suggestions to consider than none at all. This whole thing is of course very unfortunate and I REALLY wanted to do other stuff than working on this but it seems to me that I have little choice here (who else would fix it?). I can only fully sympathize with William who apart from myself have put in a lot of work with Spain. And then we got a similar situation for Cambovenzi as well so all this is unfortunate indeed.

Now, this is not in any way impossible to fix and I’m already well on my way to repair the Spanish situation. I have few tricks and moves that will secure a Spanish scenario that to a decent level actually complies with my original plans for Spain. I will devise a fix for all this and we will have this bug sorted out. Rest assured about that. :bow:

At any rate, I share Obliqueattacks views on peasants and they certainly are a part of the problem so I have already decided that I will lock ‘em down for all western factions and thus they will only be available to eastern factions. Another part of the problem is various mercenaries of course and I have already looked over that situation and there will be changes there as well. That way another and major part of the problem will be eventually be dealt with as well.

In other words, a fix for all these exploits and flaws is already in development and exactly how long that takes is hard to say at this point other than it will come. I have already discovered and devised various ways to counter the entire problem successfully to some degree and thus seemingly bypassing the hardcoded flaws to a noticeable effect.

My guess is actually that redux will come out strengthened of all this, as in at least the game it self will be much better (and in the Spanish case harder). Especially since various exploits will either not exist anymore or be a lot harder to trigger when I’m done with all my stuff. How things eventually goes, only time can tell of course but I do feel that some cautious optimism are warranted here. To my mind, there is no question about that what ever form the fix for all this will be, it will be a lot better than the flaws that we currently got. So, hang in there! Spain will return!

- Cheers
----------
William, please check the PM I sent you....
Obliqueattack, just a friendly suggestion but perhaps you should consider to "edit in" stuff next time? :mickey:

western
11-16-2008, 20:49
Hi Axalon

You asked me a while ago about my thoughts on mercs, and as you say above, they are a part of the problem (across MTW, and less so in Redux) in that they enable an exploit by the human player. My thoughts on this are
- you could make mercs rarer overall (easy to do, but it takes away some of the variety and fun randomness - so I don't favour it)
- you could make mercs rarer early on (this I do favour. The buildprod files now are built on the slightly odd (to me) idea that mercs should be rarer as you tech up - hence the minus values that go with advanced buildings and castle upgrades. Both gameplay and realism suggest the reverse should be true - advanced provinces should have more opportunity to use mercs than primitive ones. The medieval period was marked by the gradual shift from feudal armies owing say 60 days knights service to professional armies dominated by paid national troops and mercenaries. How do we achieve this in MTW? - simply drop the initial mercenary magnetism value of inns and play around with the other magnetism values so we get the right mix of gradually richer pools of mercs as knights commute their feudal obligations into taxes to enable the king to hire his troops. That ought to make blitzing with mercs early on a lot harder, as well as ticking my realism boxes!
- you could also make mercs more available to some factions, by linking magnetism to some buildings that only they have access to, for example if Great_Court became two buildings, one of them only available to the Byz. (This is more complex and less crucial to gameplay, so I don't push it as hard as my anti-blitzing suggestion above. But it does fit your redux goal of giving factions more distinctive characters)

I hope those are some useful ideas to feed in to your overall solution.:yes:

Rick
11-21-2008, 17:51
Is this a bug?

Has anyone notice how the male issues loose their status and become just small units after a few turns? It also happens in Pike & Musket and NTW, the princes are demoted to generals after a few turns. Is there anyway of preventing this?

William the Silent
11-21-2008, 21:17
Is this a bug?

Has anyone notice how the male issues loose their status and become just small units after a few turns? It also happens in Pike & Musket and NTW, the princes are demoted to generals after a few turns. Is there anyway of preventing this?
That's something that is hardcoded in MTW.

Best thing to do is making sure the princes are married (arange marriage with foreign princesses for them), so after faction leader dies you'll get new faction leader that already has sons (princes).

If the air to the throne has no children, you'll have new faction leader with no children. That can lead to extinction :skull:, if he doesn't produce :girlslap: soon. Make sure you keep saves for if this happens.

Uncles become generals and that may be blessing, because some have good qualities for economy or general.

Rick
11-21-2008, 21:41
Thanks.

Axalon
11-22-2008, 05:21
Ok guys, its time to keep your eyes open. I’m close to finishing up the Spanish Fix and I will release it soon (yes very soon).
Its time to kick this place back to life again and there has been enough beauty sleep here so its time to start posting and
get active in this forum again. More details on the release later.... :mickey:

- Cheers
-----------
William thanks for you answering Rick....

Axalon
11-23-2008, 14:23
SPANISH BUG KILLED!
---------------------------------------
Ok guys, the Spanish Fix is now finally released! Thus the Spanish bug is now finally killed and probably will not bother anyone or Spain ever again (knock on wood)! It has been a lot of demanding work involved with this and it is with a bit of relief I finally make this fix available to the public (thus I can finally concentrate on completely other things). This “superfix” will not only counter the many issues and hardcoded problems with the Spanish campaign but also make several changes and improvements for the entire game.

More info and downloads over at the regular thread….

- Cheers
----------
Credits to Obliqueattack and Cambovenzi will be included in future releases. :thumbsup:

Axalon
03-04-2009, 21:21
Over at the regular thread Markuzzi wrote....

“I just tried out the Redux today and wow its pretty amazing. The game has a whole new feel to it. I have not read through every post in this topic but have read a fair share. Just today from playing I have had a few bug issues...

First, I tried English on expert and launched a crusade into Lithuania. When the the icon box of Sanctioned Crusade thing popped up I clicked the 'check' and it crashed. I tried a couple more times and it kept crashing, then managed to fail the crusade. Whenever I clicked the window--crash. Also this was my second crusade. The first one worked out fine.

So I thought I would try out the Spanish on Expert. All was good until a certain point where in I think it was 765 ad I click end turn and it crashes. I reloaded 2 saves and the auto save and it would crash at that point.

So just now I thought I would try out the Poles and got to around 734 ad and I click end turn and it freezes at "thinking"..

Im not sure if these are common problems or if I am missing a patch? But the game suddenly seems unstable for instance random crashes by hitting esc in game to bring up the menu. My plain MTW worked fine and I haven't even had a save corrupted yet. So I am not sure if that is what I am experiencing right now.

Either way great game mod I really like it and I hope I am just missing a patch or something.

I have MTW v1.1 + Redux 1.0b + Spanish Fix (a).

I think thats right? I saw the superfix thing but I think thats included in the 1.0B?

Any suggestions?”

Well, over all I would say that you seem to have troubled relations to lady luck here. :laugh4: As far as I understand it, people usually don’t get much problems with redux and especially not with that kind of frequency! Maybe you should consider making an additional check up on your GFX or SFX drives? Have you changed ‘em lately? Do you have plain MTW installed now as well? So you can compare the stability thing I mean. Anyway….

First issue, I can’t replicate it thus it is not an issue with redux (I launched 3 English crusades and one was directed to Lithuania and there was no problems at all). Whatever is causing this is found and explained beyond redux. My guess is that it is a corrupted save (an original MTW issue then) – that is probably the most likely explanation for this problem.

By your description, the game appears not to be able to load a certain file and thus it crashes – probably a unit review pic or infopic (this will make the game to crash. This is also one of the typical symptoms of corrupted saves). So yes, it is probably a bug of some sort, but it has its origins from original MTW – not redux. Still you’ll have to put up with things like that since MTW is required to run redux… The only thing you can do is to do plenty of master saves – consult the included redux-“read me” on this, “known bugs” section.

Second issue, well I do have too little info to go on here so I can only speculate as for why the game appears to just crash. In my experience redux don’t just crash, believe it or not but redux is known to be unusually stable for a mod for MTW (especially so in the VI-version). And as always I do take stability and bugs very seriously. Now, since you are able to run some 60-65 turn without any problem before this happened I suspect that you picked up yet another corrupted save that creates a major snafu here. Otherwise all other redux threads and this forum here at the Org would drown in bug-isseus and that has not yet happened (so far at least).

As I said earlier, corrupted saves is sadly enough a thing that comes with MTW and thus it makes an impact on redux as well. The only thing you can do is to save often – especially if you are running a MTW v.1.1 (but also on a VI/V.2.01 version). That version is more unstable than VI/v.2.01 – thus you and all other people who use that version should be especially thorough in doing plenty of mastersaves as you play.

As for the escape button and that problem…. Well, it actually is the first time I ever heard of any such thing. There is a first time for everything I guess. Whatever is causing that is not to be found within the redux files – because if it were I would have experienced it myself at some point and I haven’t. Believe me I have used the escape button to last enough for 10-lifetimes in redux and I would have found that out long time ago if there was any such issues with that. Thus I wonder if it might possibly be your GFX-drives or possibly sound-drives that are cause problems in that sense? It strikes me as highly unlikely and I have too little information to really produce any decent answers for you on that. At any rate, it simply seems very odd that any such problems appear at all. If you can currently run MTW with no problems you should have even less problems in running redux. If this kind of thing first happen after lets say 50 turns/years it probably is a corrupted save yet again. One thing is for certain, corrupted games makes the game crash or makes the game to behave strange and weird. As in this case…

Third issue, this sounds like the multiple-rebellion bug to me (found in both redux and the original game. It is hardcoded and is especially frequent in MTW V.1.1). Redux uses higher/increased rebellion settings than the original. Now, the game can only handle a limited amount of rebellions at the same turn and within a certain factions territory. If that is more than 2 rebellions this bug starts to get active and will often cause the game to freeze – just like you described. Usually the current soundfile will get stuck in a kind of loop and the game will not progress at all from that point (so we must escape out and restart the game all over again). There is a way that usually works to get passed this juncture and that is to somehow limit potential rebellions and the risk for them as much as possible. If you can get it to only be 2 or less rebellions in your kingdom you should be able to make it over to the next turn. This is a thing that has happened to me plenty of times so it’s hardly rare in MTW V.1.1 and thus also redux. Just limit the rebellions – lower taxes, send in extra garrisons, use spies etc. and you should be able to advance to the next turn. There is an entry on this in the included redux-“read me”, see “known bugs” section. Check it out for additional info.

Ok, so far so good. If you like, check out the corrupted saves thread, and drop a symptom description over there if you believe it to be the case here (the first issue should be that at least). It helps me, you and all others for future reference you know.

Also, as you seem to have discovered we do have this debug area for redux, I would appreciate if you could direct all related bug-issues from now on to this thread. No harm done with your post over at the regular thread, but it makes things a lot easier if we all keep all the various redux stuff in their designated areas/threads. By all means post in additional info on the bugs but please do that right here from now on. As for general suggestions for you – more of the same essentially – save a lot…

Oki, hope that helped out some.

- Cheers

Axalon
03-08-2009, 16:22
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I found few small bugs in MTW-redux 1.0b and that I am now aware of them:

The pikemen charge animation appears to be missing so while charging they will look rather goofy.
If I remember everything correctly, one(?) unit (can’t seem to remember which one, perhaps someone could help me with that one) don’t have their weapons or shield going in the game, possibly both.

Now, these will be fixed with 3rd ed. of course, but I would appreciate if you guys could report in all small such stuff like this so I can fix it for the next edition. So if you please, report in all typos (point were and what), various small bugs and errors you find and do it right here. Now sure is the time to do it in - so all such corrections can be included in 3rd edition of redux. You all earn credits for it of course.... :wink2:

Oki, that’s it for now.

- Cheers

Obliqueattack
09-05-2009, 03:53
From Loc\Eng

["christian_title"]
{"Granted by letters patent, herewith the title of %s of %s and the lands, holdings and chattels thereof, to be held in trust as reward for faithful and true service, and giving also the rights and priviliges of nobility, and as a result of this title, the bearer shall receive the following benefits in addition:"}

privileges

["HeathenWarriors_desc"]
{"Heathens are unpredictable, fierce and wild. The lack of armour make them vulnerable to attack and arrows but they can still function as fast and fierce infantry if deployed properly in battle. They also have poor discipline and is usually very impulsive in battle which a good commander can use against them. "}

The lack of armour makes them

["HeathenSpearmen_desc"]
{"Heathens are unpredictable, fierce and wild. The lack of armour make them vulnerable to attack and arrows but they can still function as fast and fierce infantry if deployed properly in battle. They also have poor discipline and is usually very impulsive in battle which a good commander can use against them. "}

The lack of armour makes them

["RaiderCavalry_desc"]
{"Wherever there are trouble or the lack of any proper order, raiders will soon appear, always looking for some easy gold and a good plunder! Usually raiders cant match professional warriors in battle, but still they are far more able and dangerous than peasantry. Remember, if there is trouble, there will soon be raiders!"}

Wherever there is trouble
Usually raiders can't match

Same for the following:
["RaiderInfantry_desc"]
["RaiderSpearmen_desc"]
["RaiderWarlords_desc"]
["RaiderHorseArchers_desc"]

Obliqueattack
09-05-2009, 04:23
more from loc/eng

["Skirmishers_desc"]
........................... and these units handles that role excellently.

these units handle

["LithuanianInfantry_desc"]
........................... However, raising these units are costly…"}

these units is costly

["FlemishInfantry_desc"]
{"Flemish Infantry are good infantry formations that can be relied upon to hold their ground against most enemys.

enemies

["SteppeArchers_desc"]
{"The bow is a popular weapon among the those who live in the great wastes.

delete the

["RegularMilitia_desc"]
............................... They also fairly cheap to maintain..."}
insert are

["LightInfantry_desc"]
....................... They usually supports heavier infantry and are often put to

support

["RoyalInfantry_desc"]
......................They are well equipped and motivated and is both strong attackers and defenders,

are

["FeudalChampions_desc"]
{"These small formations of feudal champions seldom takes part in a battle,

take

["TeutonicFootKnights_desc"]
........................ Even without their mighty warhorses they still is formidable in battle!"}

are

["TemplarFootKnights_desc"]
{"Sometimes it is necessary to dismount to be triumphant in battle, the Templars knows this all to well and can also operate as reliable elite infantry. Even without their mighty warhorses they still is formidable in battle!"}

know
are

same for:
["SantiagoFootKnights_desc"]

["LightHorsemen_desc"]
................. They are impulse and undiciplined in battle, sometimes they are brave and at other times they eager runners. Only a really strong or carismatic general can make them operate as any proper light cavalry…"}

undisciplined
charismatic

["NorseHorsemen_desc"]
................. Although Norse horsemen lacks the strength to dominate the battlefield,

lack

["ItalianNobles_desc"]
They are a formidable and dangerous opponents in any battle
delete a

same for
["EnglishKnights_desc"]
["FrankishKnights_desc"]
["SpanishKnights_desc"]

["RoyalCavalry_desc"]
..............These powerful units tend to dominate most battlefields they are deployed in and there is only a few units that can resist their mighty charge. The only weakness they truly have is to enemy fire…"}

are

same for
["ImperialCavalry_desc"]

["KhanateHorseArchers_desc"]
{"Khazar horse Archers are primarily used to harass and ambush enemies, and are ideally suited to the battlefield hit-and-run tactics favoured in the stepps.

steppes

same for //["KhanateArchers_desc"]

Obliqueattack
09-05-2009, 04:36
enough is enough from loc/eng

["ByzantineHorseArchers_desc"]
..................The standard tactics are to fire a few deadly bursts and then charge into the fray. In this regard they very different from other horse archers..."}

insert are

["MercenaryWarlords_desc"]
.............................he just want kill and slaugther even if the game suffers from it.

slaughter

["Additional12_desc"]
....................Besides, such a mammoth formation really lookes nice on the battlefield and will crush all opposition in the process!"}

looks

["Warship_desc"]
.......................The main reason beeing that it is somewhat sluggish and slow."}

being

["merchant_income"]
{"Constructing this building would allow you to profit from the following goods that are currenly available."}

currently

["Trading Post_desc"]
........, but thre is a limit to the profit a trading post can generate."}

there

["Camel Trainer_desc"]
............. This is especially useful since horses usually hates the smell of camels,

hate

Obliqueattack
09-05-2009, 05:14
don't forget

["LightHorsemen_desc"]

They are impulse and undisciplined in battle,

change to impulsive

Axalon
09-08-2009, 10:16
Hi Oblique,

Many thanks for you taking the time to get these typos straight, I appreciate it. I’ll make all the corrections ASAP.
Any other text that needs corrections? Anybody?

Another hello to you Resistance, do enjoy the current version of MTW-redux (1.0b), now that it finally is installed
with all the right modules….

I’ve moved your posts to the appropriate thread (the install emergency) and it seems that you eventually figured
out what had gone wrong in your installation and thus it seems that the problem was solved. If there is anything
else, don’t hesitate to post it (at the right places of course :laugh4:).

- Cheers

Mark
03-22-2010, 19:57
A small correction:

After adding the Russian faction, I counted 9 factions to play with. The wording on the introduction still mentions 8. I am not sure if the Russian fix can change it dynamically.

Mark
03-30-2010, 19:15
Medieval Total War Battle Collection w/ Expansion Pack Viking Invasion.
Redux version VI/v. 2.01

Playing Russia on Easy

During the game I conquered PEREYASLAVL province, just about KIEV. The province says ...Steppe Archers...gain +1 valour bonus. I trained a Steppe Archer and it had a valour of 1. I then built up to an Archer's Guild for another +2 volour, and trained a couple of Steppe Archers expecting to see them with a volour of 3. When I looked at them they were all 1s.

I checked the Boyers in MUSCOVY and they got all there bonuses and come out of training with a valour of 4.

Axalon
03-31-2010, 19:31
Hello Mark,

Thanks for reporting in and thus trying to make redux even better. Now, that’s actually not a bug. It should be all in order; Russian Boyars and Steppe Archers are connected to the bowyer-building which gives max a +2 in valor, not the Archery Range-building (which is only connected to Slavic Foresters for the Russians, I think)…

Thus relevant units should have 3 in valor as their training is completed (with the region-bonus and maxed out buildings). If your steppe archers don’t have that, you have not maxed out the bowyer building. Russian boyars might possibly get more then that due to the Horse Breeder-building as well – that might be. I don’t know that for sure as I write this…

Oh yes, before I forget; the Russians is a bonus faction that comes only with the VI-upgrade – they are not standard. The text is valid for default redux SPC’s hence it only mentions 8 playable factions. The Russians are optional, that’s why only 8 are mentioned, I think it might be stated in the VI-upgrade “ReadMe” or something.

Enjoy the game… :wink2:

- Cheers
-------------
Feel free to post up a pic/screenshoot and share some of your experiences with the Russian campaign if you like
(max 800x600, for bigger pics use spoilers or thumbs, that’s my guidelines around here). As is, the best place for
it would probably be “the new player”- section (you should probably also mention the difficulty level and size-settings
as well since these things do matter).

Mark
04-01-2010, 23:24
Thank you Axalon for your reply. That does help a lot.

western
03-06-2011, 22:25
Axalon

One small bug - no picture when, as Spain, I got a message telling me construction complete on a chapel

One "maybe it's not a bug but looks a bit weird to me" - the dust that troops kick up on battlefield definitely looks purplish

Plato
03-07-2011, 21:33
Playing as the French, I also had a missing picture on completing a Chapel.

Having played a quick mission (Spanish 100 men + 2 champions vs heap of Moors - or similar) on a bridge map, I have two more small niggles:

- I find the water in the river to be too bright a shade of blue. It probably shouldn't even be blue, rather brown/green/grey.
- the command icons at the top have lost some of their clarity / definition on being changed to green. I would prefer the original MTW red background.

Edit: Christian Shrine is also missing a picture upon its completion.

Axalon
03-08-2011, 03:08
Thanks guys for reporting this in …

One small bug - no picture when, as Spain, I got a message telling me construction complete on a chapel

Noted & logged… Thanks…

There is a correct file located in: “…\Medieval - Total War\campmap\Info_Pics\Buildings\Coloured”. Use that if you want to fix it temporarily on your own.

One "maybe it's not a bug but looks a bit weird to me" - the dust that troops kick up on battlefield definitely looks purplish

I get this in raw MTW as well – so whatever it is it is not Redux. My guess is that the rendering lights on the battle-map are red/purple and that is what shows in the smoke.

Dismissed… Sorry…

Playing as the French, I also had a missing picture on completing a Chapel.

Thanks for confirming Wes findings… I think it will be that way for all catholic factions. I can replicate this one myself as well (as Spain).

- I find the water in the river to be too bright a shade of blue. It probably shouldn't even be blue, rather brown/green/grey.

I guess we are entering the realms of preference here. At any rate, the texture stays, the color of it – well… If you got some shade/color that just rocks in the game for me too then I will use it. Post samples of colors (a simple square will do, or manipulate the file directly – do a backup first) that you think will work better and I will examine it. If others have opinions on this - now is good time to voice them (here)…

Possible case… River color, Arid…

- I fear that you might have views on all river-colors and I can say that same thing applies for all. What is for absolutely certain are that I won’t be using one color for them all.

- the command icons at the top have lost some of their clarity / definition on being changed to green. I would prefer the original MTW red background.

Noted… They might possibly be improved and I might look in to this. They probably won’t be the old red if changed – possibly brown, grey or another sharper and distinct version of black possibly (you can always change it on your personal copy of redux, using the original files). The green “radioactive” light is likely to stay, it is very useful in MP-battles and I did put it in there to make “checked” and “unchecked” buttons to stand clearly apart – which is the whole point. Again, if others have opinions on this - now is good time to voice them (here)…

Possible case… Formation-buttons improvement (battle-map).

Christian Shrine is also missing a picture upon its completion.

Noted & logged… Thanks… (Replicated).

There is a correct file located in: “…\Medieval - Total War\campmap\Info_Pics\Buildings\Coloured”. Use that if you want to fix it temporarily on your own. Seems to be a re-occurring problem here with the folders. My guess is that everything that is defined with cultural distinctions somehow - "Catholic" for instance - will have similar problems. That is a guess, as i write this...

I found some minor stuff on my own…

1. Wrong portraits for pagan druids (in Bishop-folder), they lack the “golden frame”. Correct ones can be located in: “…\Medieval - Total War\campmap\Portraits\Catholic\Bishop”. Copy a paste over to the pagan folder, to fix it…

2. The unit “Scottish nobles” have the wrong info-pic… I will fix this eventually…

---------------------------------------------
EDIT: Found another one…

3. The uniticon for CataphractRegiment is missing in battle. To fix it, go to “…\Medieval - Total War\Battle\UnitIcons” – change file “CataphractRegiment.BIF.LBM” to “CataphractRegiment.LBM”…

More as they come, I guess....

- Cheers

Plato
03-10-2011, 16:53
River colour
For each of the land types, is the same texture used for both rivers and seas? I set up a battle on DesertCoastal1 and the ocean looked quite idyllic as it lapped the sandy shore.

Framerate
Not having the most modern of rigs, but still more than adequate to run vanilla MTW, I am wondering how to improve my framerate in big battles. My PC specs:

Athlon XP 3200+ (32bit, single core)
2 x 1Gb DDR 400
Radeon X800 XT PE
MTW Options:

Unit size: Default
Battle resolution: 1280 x 1024
Performance: smoke and ambient fauna both ON
Sound: high quality with Hardware

There was no problem in the small, early skirmishes (up to 500 soldiers on each side), but there was a serious loss of smoothness at 750 v 750. However 1400 v 1400 (including reinforcements) didn't seem to be much worse. Could it have been the terrain: this was in the mixed hills and mountains of Burgundy and Milan?

Info pages
Are you able to change the text on these? I have spotted some strange phrasing, most memorably "Rouge Knights". Unless they are given to wearing ladies' blusher they should probably be Rogue.

Stazi
03-10-2011, 21:14
From my experience one core Athlon XP is not enough for mtw. Check the cpu load. Always 100%. Video ram can limit your framerate too (if lower than 256mb). Even small 1vs1 battle eats @90-100mb of ram. Biggest can eat up to 300mb.

Plato
03-11-2011, 17:26
This is the original MTW we're talking about?! According to the Readme, the ideal config is:
1.2 GHz or faster processor
256 MB or more RAM
8x or faster CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive (with maximum install)
1.7 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved games
Fast 64 MB Direct3D capable video card
I've reduced my resolution to 1024 x 768. 16-unit-a-side battles are now playable even with all other high performance options being on. Smaller battles are super-smooth.
I should also have mentioned that I'm using a virtual drive rather than inserting the game CD. That undoubtedly has some impact, but I assumed it would only be loading times that are really affected.

@Axalon
There were a couple of unit support costs that struck me as being out of scale:

Foot Knights (20 men) - - - - - Purchase: 400 - - Support:25
Feudal Footknights (40) - - - - - - - 800 - - - - - - 50
When compared to:

Feudal Knights (40 + horses) - - - - 925 - - - - - - 30

Stazi
03-11-2011, 18:42
I've made several tests few weeks ago so it's not a guesswork or just my opinion. 64mb video ram and 1.2 GHz processor is far from being "ideal" for MTW. Previously, I tried mtw on very similar configuration as yours. As I said, 100% cpu load and frame rate drops are very clear signs that your processor is too weak. Now, I'm using Core2Duo E4500 (2.2 GHz overlocked to 2.9), Radoen X800 256mb and 4gb ram (winXP SP3 32-bit). Of course, MTW utilizes only one core with fluctuating load about 70-90%. This setup is nearly ideal for mtw (if I found x800/850 card with 512mb ram it will be ideal). All battles have 60 fps non stop (60Hz is deafult refresh rate of my LCD monitor).
As you said, virtual drive may have only a little impact on loading times.

btw If someone has 3gb or more ram and want to shorten loading times - the solution is ramdisk. All battles and MTW itself loads in a second. It's especially effective for modders. Searching for a phrase through 2gb of data normally takes more than a minute. When you have all files on the ramdrive - 4-6 seconds. Beware! - RAM is volatile so making a copy of your work/saves is a must.

Sorry for this little offtop.

Axalon
03-12-2011, 19:38
Hello guys...

River colour
For each of the land types, is the same texture used for both rivers and seas?

Yes... Also, be aware that textures show up slightly differently in color "in-game" due to various colored rendering lights on the battle-maps there. As in what shows in - say Photoshop - is not exacly the same what we get in Redux/MTW.

I set up a battle on DesertCoastal1 and the ocean looked quite idyllic as it lapped the sandy shore.

Same ‘ol terms apply, show me a better alternative and I’ll use it…

Framerate
Not having the most modern of rigs, but still more than adequate to run vanilla MTW, I am wondering how to improve my framerate in big battles. My PC specs:

Athlon XP 3200+ (32bit, single core)
2 x 1Gb DDR 400
Radeon X800 XT PE[/INDENT]

MTW Options:
Unit size: Default
Battle resolution: 1280 x 1024
Performance: smoke and ambient fauna both ON
Sound: high quality with Hardware

Change to medium quality and no hardware mixing. That should fix it. My primary “MTW-PC” got the same GFX-card (with 4.8 catalyst drivers, Win2000), same Ram, but a CPU Intel P4 2.6 GHz. I did a 4 army x1600 men solo battle – no problem. BTW, there is an entry on this problem in the “known bugs”-section in “ReadMe”…

Info pages
Are you able to change the text on these? I have spotted some strange phrasing, most memorably "Rouge Knights". Unless they are given to wearing ladies' blusher they should probably be Rogue.

:laugh4: ...That’s what I get for trying to spell! It’s obvious that the descriptions need some double-checking, corrections & reading… Are you up for it? Others are of course also welcome to help out here. I can’t offer much beyond the usual, a credit in the game, goodwill and gratitude. I’ll give credits to any people who report in valid typos and errors etc. etc.

There were a couple of unit support costs that struck me as being out of scale:

Foot Knights (20 men) - - - - - Purchase: 400 - - Support:[B]25
Feudal Footknights (40) - - - - - - - 800 - - - - - - 50
When compared to:

Feudal Knights (40 + horses) - - - - 925 - - - - - - 30

Noted & Logged… Obvious slip-up. Thanks…

Sorry for this little offtop.

Staz, the stuff is still relevant and interesting here in some regards.

On general terms however, please folks, do try to avoid sidetracking threads or posting non-relevant stuff in the Redux-area. The Redux-area/forum is, and is supposed to be, about and what concerns Redux somehow – as the name implies.

More as they come...

- Cheers

western
03-12-2011, 23:14
Hi Axalon

I was getting a recurring problem in year 793 playing as Italians. I end year, a message comes up telling me that my fleet has been defeated in Tyrhennian Sea (by Saracens or Russians) and then game sticks on the "taking moves" message - it happened 3 times in a row. On the fourth, I removed from building queue the only thing due to complete that year - a shipyard in Venice replacing one previously destroyed - and the sticking vanished. Very odd - shipyard can be built there, and I built it a year later no problem, so I don't know what was going on. I will keep an eye out for anything similar.

western
03-13-2011, 15:15
Moorish Coast has Algeria as a neighbour but no border with it. Granada has a border with Moorish Coast but isn't a neighbour. So I think Algeria and Granada should be switched in the Moorish Coast neighbours list. (The neighbour entries the other way round - ie Land to Sea - look right)

Axalon
03-13-2011, 17:33
Hello Wes and thanks for the bug-reports…

I was getting a recurring problem in year 793 playing as Italians. I end year, a message comes up telling me that my fleet has been defeated in Tyrhennian Sea (by Saracens or Russians) and then game sticks on the "taking moves" message - it happened 3 times in a row. On the fourth, I removed from building queue the only thing due to complete that year - a shipyard in Venice replacing one previously destroyed - and the sticking vanished. Very odd - shipyard can be built there, and I built it a year later no problem, so I don't know what was going on. I will keep an eye out for anything similar.

Weird… Beats me. All relevant files seems to be in order and folders, thus it certainly seems to be yet another engine-related issue. I am guessing the MTW have a problem loading the SFX-file for building-completion or something.

There is an entry in “known bugs”-section (in Readme) that does mention similar symptoms. My guess is that it is some of that. Just to make sure, have you used any building cheats or something like that? All requirements go to hell and thus things usually gets screwed up onwards.

I know as much as you do on this Wes…

Moorish Coast has Algeria as a neighbour but no border with it. Granada has a border with Moorish Coast but isn't a neighbour. So I think Algeria and Granada should be switched in the Moorish Coast neighbours list. (The neighbour entries the other way round - ie Land to Sea - look right)

Noted & logged… Correct, Granada should/will replace Algeria in the MOORISH_COAST (Barbary coast) entry… Thanks.

More as they come...

- Cheers
-------------
BTW, I think that both you and I have waited long enough on the camel-issue over at the
regular thread, so I will get back to that shortly and it will get resolved there. People have
had their chance - the camel-zone will shrink somehow.

Plato
03-13-2011, 18:40
My edit of unit descriptions is attached. Also had a look at Names.txt
@{"the Friesians"} //Reduxed! Used to be: Swiss needed a capital F. Also "the Flemish" appear twice in that list, if that's important.

Finally, Tooltips.txt seems not to have "is/are" corrected for changed products
@["tradable_goods_intro_tooltips"]
@{"Perfumes are produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Glassware Value:40
@{"Wood is processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Wood Value:20
@{"Furs are produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Furs Value:40
@{"Amber is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Wine Value:40
@{"Dyes are processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Wool Value:30
@{"Spices are processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Silk Value:40
@{"Textiles are processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Cotton Value:30
@{"Wine is processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Linen Value:30
@{"Wool is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Wax Value:20
@{"Glassware is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Honey Value:40
@{"Salt is processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."}
@{"XXXXX are produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Hides Value:30
@{"XXXXX is processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Butter Value:20
@{"Pottery is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Pottery Value:30
@{"Saltfish are processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Saltfish Value:20
@{"Ivory is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Spices Value:50
@{"Gems are processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Gems Value:50
@{"XXXXX is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Sugar Value:40
@{"Silk is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Dyes Value:50
@{"XXXXX is processed here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Ivory Value:40
@{"Olive oil is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Oliveoil Value:30
@{"Grain is produced here and may be used in trade with other nations."} ////////////////////// Used to be: Grain Value:30

Some verbs other than the basic "produced / processed" could be considered: spun, mined, harvested, plentiful, cut, pressed, etc.

western
03-14-2011, 00:40
Axalon

This one is a bit similar to previous. Khazar and Georgia are in the list of neighbours of Black Sea when they shouldn't be - neither has a border with it

Plato
03-14-2011, 14:25
A mistake on my part in one of the unit entries, the superfluous clause can be removed and the last semi-colon made into a colon:
["MuslimLightInfantry_desc"]
{"These are irregular formations of lightly equipped Muslim warriors; as a unit; they are not a reliable force nor very well suited to anything other than desert warfare. If faced with a tough Christian foe outside the desert there is little hope for them: expect these men to break and flee.... "}

It's probably an artifact from original MTW but Border Forts combined with fleets give overseas intelligence, ie. with Border Forts on the coast it's possible to view details of anything your ships form a chain to.

The cheapness of agents might need revisiting: I was the victim of a magnificently evil move by the Aragonese when they sent five travellers into Aquitane - the happiness immediately plummeted by 70 percentage points! I don't mind the AI doing that sort of thing, but wish they had to pay more than 250 florins for the privilege. Mind you, the assassins to deal with them were better value for money as they can kill one traveller a turn.

western
03-15-2011, 15:52
Axalon

Serbia shown as neighbour of Ionian Sea but it doesn't have a border with it - whereas it does have a border with Adriatic Ocean without being its neighbour

Axalon
03-16-2011, 09:45
Hi and many thanks guys...

This one is a bit similar to previous. Khazar and Georgia are in the list of neighbours of Black Sea when they shouldn't be - neither has a border with it

Noted & Logged... Correct, these shall/should be removed... Thanks.

Serbia shown as neighbour of Ionian Sea but it doesn't have a border with it - whereas it does have a border with Adriatic Ocean without being its neighbour

Noted & Logged... Right, replace with “ID_IONIAN_SEA” instead… Thanks. ...Any others?

Dismissed: All this is in order, due to the rearrangement in sea-zones redux has... It is not a bug...

My edit of unit descriptions is attached. Also had a look at Names.txt needed a capital F. Also "the Flemish" appear twice in that list, if that's important.

Roger that and triple thanks, I will use it... Regarding Flemish x2 - nah, it is not important (to me at least) but thanks for pointing it out anyway - thorougness is always good.

Finally, Tooltips.txt seems not to have "is/are" corrected for changed products
Some verbs other than the basic "produced / processed" could be considered: spun, mined, harvested, plentiful, cut, pressed, etc.

Have some more thanks. Yeah, i will consider it (and apply correct grammar)...

A mistake on my part in one of the unit entries, the superfluous clause can be removed and the last semi-colon made into a colon:

Roger, I will use the new correction...

It's probably an artifact from original MTW but Border Forts combined with fleets give overseas intelligence, ie. with Border Forts on the coast it's possible to view details of anything your ships form a chain to.

Flagged for observation… Due to likely internal inflexibility in MTW this circumstance can probably not be changed if we want the border forts to also be able to potentially catch enemy agents (which to me is the primary function) – a trait which in my book supercedes the “overseas intelligence”-bi effect. If it turns out that we can indeed get that circumstance without the bieffect – I will change it. It would be a nice supprise to me.

The cheapness of agents might need revisiting: I was the victim of a magnificently evil move by the Aragonese when they sent five travellers into Aquitane - the happiness immediately plummeted by 70 percentage points! I don't mind the AI doing that sort of thing, but wish they had to pay more than 250 florins for the privilege. Mind you, the assassins to deal with them were better value for money as they can kill one traveller a turn.

Flagged for observation… In essence, let’s not be hasty and gather more reports and Intel on this matter before making any changes – if any…

Plato...

I would suggest that you also have a look a the building descriptions as well (same file) since I fear that those might very well also be littered with errors, typos etc. here and there. I leave it up to you, it is just a suggestion here.

Keep it up guys, doing a good job. More as they come...

- Cheers

western
03-16-2011, 23:24
There is a missing link between Moorish Coast and Afrika Coast - Moorish has Afrika as a neighbour but not vice versa

western
03-17-2011, 23:10
Sardinia omitted from Ligurian Sea list of neighbours

Axalon
03-18-2011, 14:34
There is a missing link between Moorish Coast and Afrika Coast - Moorish has Afrika as a neighbour but not vice versa

Noted & logged... Insert link...

Sardinia omitted from Ligurian Sea list of neighbours

Noted & logged... Add Sardinia as neighbour... Thanks Wes.

- Cheers

Plato
03-26-2011, 01:07
Attaching my edit of the buildings descriptions.

I do have a quibble with one: the Master Swordsmith which apparently "grants a weapon quality bonus to any unit trained here". Is this really true? Does it appear in some way that is not shown on a unit's info scroll? Does it really apply to any unit not just swordsmen?

Update:
I forgot to update the entry for "Western Tower 1" - this should be a cut-and-paste job from "Desert Tower 1" or "Guard Tower 1".

Axalon
03-31-2011, 08:03
Hi and many thanks Plato….

I will use the file. As for the swordsmith, it only concerns sword-troops, I’ll make corrections if needed in text.

Furthermore, I have been checking up on rivers and it is messier then I remembered it to be. It’s all a virtual dice-game as to what color the river/water-textures actually end up with in the game. “Precision” is hardly the word for it. Anyway, I am on the case - somewhat anyhow… Essentially, I’ll get back to you on this note.

- Cheers

western
04-02-2011, 07:55
Malta omitted from neighbours of Gulf Sidra

Also, Tripolitanian rebels still show as Maltese rebels

Axalon
04-02-2011, 12:17
Noted & logged... Thanks Wes.

- A

western
04-03-2011, 09:11
It looks like Tripolitania port should be on Maltese Channel (which fits actual location of Tripoli) but neighbours list puts it actually on Gulf Sidra

western
04-05-2011, 06:42
Not sure if you count this as a bug but Egyptians have no SetTreasury entry and Russians no StartLeader

Axalon
04-11-2011, 11:09
I made the corrections of post:54 and 55, thanks again Wes…
(Check post:46 for correction and dismissal).

-----------------------------------------------

List of bugs and errors killed...

Map-connectivity: Moorish Coast – Algeria --- Link deleted
Map-connectivity: Moorish Coast – Granada --- Link set
Map-connectivity: Moorish Coast – Africa Coast --- Link set
Map-connectivity: Sardinia – Ligurian Sea --- Link set
Map-connectivity: Khazar – Black Sea --- Link deleted
Map-connectivity: Georgia – Black Sea --- Link deleted
Map-connectivity: Black Sea - Khazar --- Link deleted
Map-connectivity: Black Sea - Georgia --- Link deleted
Building descriptions: Corrected
Unit descriptions: Corrected
River textures: Improved all terrains…
Battle panel buttons: Improved…
Unit Battle Marker: Cataphract Regiment fixed
Unit Battle Marker: Rogue Knight fixed
Unit Info Pic: Scottish Nobles fixed
Strat-map ship: Pagan ship-piece fixed
Build completion pic: Chapel fixed
Build completion pic: Shrine fixed
Mercenary cost: Improved…
SetTreasury: Saracens… Fixed
Place Russian leader: Fixed
Place Lithuanian leader: Fixed
Malta Links: Fixed order… Malta Channel first…
Tripolitanian Rebels: Set to “Tripolitanians”

Many thanks to Western and Plato for helping out here;
well earned credits are included in RXB1001…

-----------------------------------------------

This formally concludes the bughunt in Redux Beta 1000, as the 1001-version
enters service it replaces the previous version and makes it obsolete. From this
post and onwards, the bughunt is thus now restricted to the RXB1001-version.

- A

Axalon
04-11-2011, 11:20
The first one for RXB1001; building-descriptions, “Western Tower 1”… It should be:

"Guardtowers are usually set up at key strategic points within a province. As a rule, they maintain a small garrison to deal with local troublemakers and outlaws; in short, maintaining local order. The military value is limited however, since they can hardly check an advancing army. +2% Stability."

More as they come…

- Cheers

TauNine
04-13-2011, 18:58
Hi. This mod just got me to try MTW again after a year or more.

I just started out and see a lot of improvements you have made, but I am wondering about the watchtowers(guardtowers). I do not get information on troops in nearby provinces after building the towers.
I do not know if that is intended or not.

Anyway, thanks for your work.

Plato
04-13-2011, 21:10
Yes, that is how Watchtowers work in this Mod. You don't get intelligence on neighbouring regions until you have upgraded them four times - to Border Forts (which will take another 17 years and quite a bit of money, off the top of my head).

@Axalon
Beta 1000 - problem with Frisia / Helgoland
Admittedly not the latest version, but I haven't seen this mentioned in the list of fixes. I can't use naval convoys to move an army TO Frisia. Agents can come and go as they please, and armies can leave by sea but they don't seem to be able to land there.

Axalon
04-14-2011, 06:24
Hi guys,

TauNine…

Thanks and welcome to the Redux-area. Feel free to share your Redux-experiences or discuss with other players on their experiences as your play the game. Questions, answers, thoughts or whatever - feel free to participate here (after all, that is the purpose with this place). Anyhow, do enjoy the game… :)

Plato…

I have checked it and you are right, there is an entry on the relevant sea-zone missing – RXB1001… Thus I’ll have to go “Noted and logged” on this… Thanks…

- Cheers

TauNine
04-16-2011, 01:30
Hi, thanks.

It seems The Norse can recruit druids from a stone circle, but not if it is upgraded to a great henge.
In the description of the guardtower (Level 1) I would change "halter" to "halt".
Some cavalry descriptions say "devestating charge", which I would spell as "devastating charge" (Maybe that is from ordinary MTW...).

Ok, thanks.

Axalon
04-20-2011, 03:28
Hello TauNine…

Great henge...
I am sorry but I’ll have to dismiss it. I’ve been able to get the druids on both versions as the Norse. As I can not replicate this reported issue – I have too go dismissed on this…

Guard Tower1...
“Halt”… Works for me… Any other stuff? Anywhere?

Devestating...
It should be spelled devastating - you are absolutely right. That is a valid error… Thus, noted & logged… Thanks man.

-------------------------------
-------------------------------

Other minor stuff found in RXB1001:

The HRE has an old faction-description from 2nd Ed that should not be there. Valid for VI-version only (it will be removed next update/patch)....

More as they come….

- Cheers

Stazi
05-01-2011, 01:03
MTW VI 2.01 + Redux 1001 + VI patch

Moors and Saracens are not able to recruit emissaries.

Axalon
05-27-2011, 14:39
Noted & logged... Thanks Staz.

- A

Madden
07-30-2011, 21:17
Not sure if you would call this a bug or not?

Apparently when you edited Changes.txt the View Battle Replay option was deleted. It was an easy fix to add the text back in there for it to function again.

Axalon
08-02-2011, 17:18
Hello Madden,

Nah its no bug. I removed it in 2nd ED due to my fears of the thing would cause troubles – it turned out that it did not. However I have yet to “officially” put it back in Redux. I might do that one of these days – still it is easily accessible with the cross-thingy anyhow (consciously in 3rd ED betas).

- A

daigaku
04-22-2012, 12:20
hi,

another prob: ´cos I got stuck with the norse game due to questions above, I tried something new. Installed MTW 1.1 with redux to my "working machine" with quite some newer hardware (core2duo 2,66: ATI 4650, 2GB RAM); got the problem of CTD while entering and/or leaving battle map. I do remember that axalon wrote something about the screen with the red progress thing making problems, but because the search funktion is, sorry, quite crappy, didn´t get results I was looking for. Therefore the question:
How can I avoid this nuisance of having to quicksave (and restart game) before/after every battle, concerning really only that loading screen?!?
thanks in advance,
daigaku

Axalon
04-22-2012, 17:39
Hello Daigaku,

What OS is this? Is this problem happening straight from start (new game) or does it get like this after a while? Anyways, I would spontaneously suggest a change of drivers for GFX-card.

- A

daigaku
04-22-2012, 18:28
Hi Axalon,

goes crashing straight away - if I get into the battles (those running fine), on exit - CTD....if not, it already crashes with the loading image with the red indicatorthing growing

Specs: WinXP SP3, Driver for 4650 is "catalyst-version" 09.4

any idea?

good to see you back,

daigaku

Axalon
04-22-2012, 19:30
Hi man and thanks,

Hmmm.... Obviously XP is not the most optimal OS for MTW there was, it has long history of screwing things up - and that in numerous ways... My guess is that there is something within the files that your XP-configuration really hates and can't handle. Don't have a clue what that may exactly be. I think your best option so far is still to change drivers as I think those are the culprit here. Catalysts 9.5 functions on HD4800-series and Redux (XP32bit), so try those or later drivers. You are probably stuck with this for as long as you do not change drivers.

- A

daigaku
04-22-2012, 19:35
Hi Axalon,

don´t remember 100%, but didn´t you write somewhere about exactly this loading screen making problems? and being solved by deleting or changing some files? Am not really sure, but something was there somewhere I was leafing thru the forum...

daigaku

btw, is it normal in 1.1 that you don´t see anything in foreign provinces, even with ships and ports everywhere? Haven´t played 1.1 for ages and simply forgot...

Axalon
04-22-2012, 20:15
It does not ring any bells for me - if it is about any file-changes, Redux should already have all those in place essentially...

btw, is it normal in 1.1 that you don´t see anything in foreign provinces, even with ships and ports everywhere? Haven´t played 1.1 for ages and simply forgot...

Yup, pretty much... You need agents for that in Redux (usually anyways)...

- A

daigaku
04-22-2012, 20:30
Hi,

this catalyst 9.5 - do I have to do all this driver cleaner thingy or is enough to install over the old one? just found it after some search...

daigaku

aftermath: uninstalled 9.4, installed 9.5, tried to battle - instant CTD.. :-(

Axalon
04-23-2012, 00:30
Alright, try some Catalysts 11+ (just install them on top), if that don't work, I'm inclined to say that it looks like that particular system (or rather GFX-card on XP-drives) won't play ball. I'm fresh out of ideas....

- A

daigaku
04-23-2012, 03:50
Hi,
new 12.3 installed and worked till now. Lag of 1-2min loading, but then stable (4 battles in row)

Happy about being able to play 1.1 with Princesses ;-)) and battles on my other machine....

Thanx a lot for advice, help and general good feeling

daigaku

daigaku
04-23-2012, 13:54
Hey Axalon,

just stumbled over something new: Those various reduxed morale/stability/happiness - buildings do give quite different bonuses in 1.1 and 2.1. Was that meant that way?

greetings from happily playing along

daigaku

Axalon
04-24-2012, 21:32
Hello daigaku,

You are right - for the watchtowers…. On castles and “Mercenary magnetism” as well, and I have fixed both for RXB1003… I guess it is a “noted & logged” on you – the very last for RXB1002… It really was in the "eleventh hour" to be included in RXB1003 – but the corrections were made – and I managed to squeeze in a credit as well for you due to that stuff… Again, thanks...

- A

daigaku
04-25-2012, 02:03
Hi Axalon,

..just experienced something strange: Had set (my old machine) the "AGP aperture size" down to 4MB, in the game put the "AGP memory" to 0 and had a battle (about 2000 men) - and didn´t get choppy!

am quite tired now (getting those saracens who HAD owned half the map in line is WORK) but will verify tomorrow and keep reporting!

greetings daigaku

daigaku
04-25-2012, 11:23
Hi to everyone,

here are some good news. As some might know already, I´m playing M:TW/VI and, since only a short time, redux on a rather outdated rig. Solved battles for over ten years with a total of beyond 400-500 men by autocalc ´cos of poor performance of my graphics. Now, playing redux, got fed up with loosing only ´cos of mere numbers, knowing that 20 Norse Bodyguards can slaughter about 500 never-mind-what when put into forest ;-))
Specs of my "stone age machine":
PIII/850 with slotket on Abit BH6 (BX-Chipset), Nvidia GeForce2 TI with 64MB RAM, 512MB System RAM, and two 40GB HDDs running Win98SE, Gameplay with 1280x1024 Strat/Battlemap res, smoke, fauna, pyro...
AND I FOUND A WORKING SOLUTION FOR PLAYING M:TW ON SUCH A MACHINE, EVEN BATTLES WITH (till now max. tried) ABOUT 4500 MEN!! NO LAG!!!

In BIOS, set "AGP APERTURE SIZE" to smallest amount possible (in my case 4MB) or, if an option, disable.
In game, "OPTIONS/PERFORMANCE" set "AGP MEMORY" to "0".

It seems to me, the rather slow system memory is the bottleneck for performance. Since I´ve done that, I can play my battles like on my newer machine(Core2Duo 2,66, 2GB RAM, ATI RadeonHD4650 1GB), but without the "usual" CTD....

So for all desperate about hardware incompatibility with newer machines this could be interesting.

greetings,

a happy daigaku

@ Axalon: Will install 1.1 to another partition to get those girls, girls, girls I so appreciated with the other install on the newer machine...and of course will keep reporting!

greetings daigaku

Trapped in Samsara
04-25-2012, 12:51
Obviously XP is not the most optimal OS for MTW there was, it has long history of screwing things up - and that in numerous ways...

Hi Axalon

What/which in your opinion is the most optimal OS for MTW?

Best regards
Victor

Sapere aude
Horace

Trapped in Samsara
04-25-2012, 13:05
In BIOS, set "AGP APERTURE SIZE" to smallest amount possible (in my case 4MB) or, if an option, disable.
In game, "OPTIONS/PERFORMANCE" set "AGP MEMORY" to "0".

Hi Daigaku

I am very interested in this finding of yours and intend trying it out soon. Thanks.

In my current campaign I am unable to complete a battle (me 3K troops, AI 6K troops) which is critical to my empire's survival. Autocalc results in a heavy defeat to me. But I know that I can win this engagement with approximately 1K of casualties, and inflict 2 to 3K losses on the AI.

FYI, I installed 2 x1GB of PC3200 RAM (previously 2 x 512KB) yesterday evening just to see if this would solve the problem. It did not. The battle crashed (yet again) after about 1.25 hours, with Windows reporting, 'the graphics driver is corrupt... can only continue if using software rendering... for hardware rendering restart computer', or something like that.

I had thought about dropping the resolution to 640 x 480, on the reasoning that giving the GFX card less pixels to process might circumvent the issue. But I'll give your finding a go first.

Thanks again.

One other thing I was mulling over was renaming the 'deadpagecoords' text file, and replacing it with an empty 'dummy' file of the same name. I'm under the impression this would deny the game the means to display corpses during the battle. Again, I am assuming this would reduce the strain on the GfX card.

Axalon
Thanks for letting us use this thread for this discussion.

Best regards
Victor

Sapere aude
Horace

daigaku
04-25-2012, 15:38
Hi, Trapped in Samsara,

okay, with this amount of men I didn´t try yet, being untrained beyond some 200 men on my side;-)

about the "deadpagecoords", sorry, got no idea what exactly it´s doing. If you find out it works with this amount of men on the screen, please report!

btw, scaling down solution didn´t work for me as well, iirc. And won´t be fun to look at for hours of fighting, would it?

Of course I´ll have to try longer battles with more men to verify really that this thing works, but till now had no problems. Maybe, with more time/men using more RAM, my current way may lead to a crash, too,´cos of RAM lack.

Sure I´ll report further,

greetings daigaku

Axalon
04-26-2012, 02:14
Hi guys....

..just experienced something strange: Had set (my old machine) the "AGP aperture size" down to 4MB, in the game put the "AGP memory" to 0 and had a battle (about 2000 men) - and didn´t get choppy!

…I assume that you lowered your sound-settings (in options) to “medium” as well?

What/which in your opinion is the most optimal OS for MTW?

Windows 2000 (pro), no contest… Zero anomalies, very good performance, reliable in general and the best drivers in my experience. For RXB1003, W7 (64bit) can be very good as well. Only small-time anomalies and potentially extremely fast on the V.1.1-engine (if the hardware and drivers are right).

Thanks for letting us use this thread for this discussion.

No problem, as long as it is also relevant for Redux and given general topic. However, as you may already know, I do enforce topicality. This in great contrast to many other places on these boards (personally, I never was a big fan of the lax attitude towards topicality that is usually rampant for the ORG - it just screw things up and it makes it harder to find actual relevant information because of it). Anyways, I’ll leave you guys to it…

- A
-----------------
Other then that "Samsy"/Victor, you should try RXB1003, it is not very MTW-"ish" but you might like it all the same. It certainly looks sexier, and I think it is more fun too. :)

daigaku
04-26-2012, 10:09
Hi, Axalon,

"…I assume that you lowered your sound-settings (in options) to “medium” as well?"

No theme for me, always play "mute", so this front never made any problem (sorry about the to-me-wasted work you had there).

Will download the 1003 now. If I understood well, there still will be no "girls, girls, girls" for VI ?

greetings daigaku

Axalon
04-26-2012, 17:52
Greetings right back at you Daigaku,

No theme for me, always play "mute", so this front never made any problem (sorry about the to-me-wasted work you had there).

Alright, open sound settings in options and set the quality to medium (or even low) anyways. Just do it and see what happens in battles. Humour me...

If I understood well, there still will be no "girls, girls, girls" for VI ?

This is an already known bug in both Redux and the V.2.01-engine, Dai.... Always check the provided "ReadMe's" before asking here...

- A
-----------------
Other then that, have you seen what I wrote for you in post:77?

daigaku
04-27-2012, 00:25
Greetings right back at you Daigaku,

-----------------
Other then that, have you seen what I wrote for you in post:77?

Hi Axalon,

had to read quite a bit around in the realms of redux to fully understand what honour you gave to me, a mere newbie in this forum.

THANKS for being able to contribute a tiny bit to your tremendous work. I´m in "Bringschuld" now (no idea at all to translate).

am working with the "possible recruition" list of the Norse right now. Being sort of slow player I´m not sure if one campaign is enough to get the whole map "cartographed", but till Khazar conquered all the east now and wrote down everything. Heading for Iberia now (those Aragonese own 3/4 of Europe at the moment - no Germans, no french, no Italians) and have a look what be recruited there....

greetings from Markgräflerland, daigaku

daigaku
04-28-2012, 01:09
Hi,

@ Axalon: kept some savegames, uninstalled, regcleaned, installed completely new, one 1.1 and one 2.01 . Installed corresponding REDUX 1003, started two new Norse games. Info sheet for "Hall of Kings" in both show "+5% Stability", but only in 2.01 shows as well "+1 morale" . Due to different engine or not implemented?

´cos already in 1002 didn´t find all the stuff that was in it have simply to say about 1003: COOOOOOOL!!! You keep me glued to the machine in every free minute, so expect more bits and pieces of resonance!

Thanks a lot, daigaku

Axalon
04-28-2012, 16:57
Hello and thanks Dai,

...installed completely new, one 1.1 and one 2.01 . Installed corresponding REDUX 1003, started two new Norse games. Info sheet for "Hall of Kings" in both show "+5% Stability", but only in 2.01 shows as well "+1 morale" . Due to different engine or not implemented?

It's due to different engine... That's what you get for working on two engines... Confusion - myself included. Anyway, let's try to keep things topical here (focusing on bugs, errors, tech-stuff and anomalies etc. in this thread) and so I'll comment on the other stuff you wrote in the regular thread instead. In an effort to keep things topical here. Essentially, better to do two posts at the right places then to further stray off the actual topic here. So...

--------------------------------

Anything else on RXB1003? Possible errors, bugs, tech-stuff etc. etc. Please report it and discuss that here folks...

- A

daigaku
04-29-2012, 22:45
Hi,

@ Trapped in Samsara: How are your experiments going? Did you solve the above mentioned battle with the predicted results? Would be interested in info about wether worked or not!

fighting greetings, daigaku

daigaku
05-01-2012, 14:40
Hi,

new problem: Have played 1003/1.1 to the begin of 840s without problem, now starts to freeze on campaign map after few turns. Corrupted save or anything else?

sad greetings daigaku

daigaku
05-03-2012, 10:02
Hi,

had taken older savegame to test (year823/1003version); starts freezing again 837; pity, I loved those Princesses ;-)

So I´ll have to go for the 2.01/1003 and have a look wether that happens as well or not (kept savegames from 1002 of year 1108, and will start new one 2.01/1003)

Could there be a chance any new units turning up which confuse the engine?

grumbling greetings daigaku

Trapped in Samsara
05-03-2012, 12:24
How are your experiments going? Did you solve the above mentioned battle with the predicted results? Would be interested in info about wether worked or not!

Hi Daigaku

This saga has gotten rather involved. I have made some progress - it involved swapping the video card in my MTW PC to an Nvidia 6800GT plus 61.76 drivers and x2 antialiasing. [Me 1800 dead; Byzzies 2600 dead, 1900 captured which were not ransomed; battle duration 190 minutes]

In fairness to Axalon I propose to write up my findings and conclusions in a separate thread. That won't be for a while however, owing to the demands and obligations of 'real life'. I'll let you know the link.

Best o'luck with your own MTW struggle.

Best regards
Victor

Sapere aude
Horace

Axalon
05-04-2012, 00:54
Hi guys,

The v.1.1-engine always was a bit moody and hardly as reliable and stable as the v.2.01. Although faster, the v.1.1 is more unstable. I think the problem is either a standard freeze, which happens in v.1.1 (pretty common) or possibly a corrupted save. Either way, you will have to go back at least 5 years/turns and use a save to counter all that for sure. I have written about both possibilities in "Redux_ReadMe1003". Possibly you could also check the "Redux: corrupted saves & symptoms"-thread for additional info...

In fairness to Axalon I propose to write up my findings and conclusions in a separate thread.

If you think that is a better solution - do so...

- A
-------------------------
I like the new girls too, Dai. :wink:

daigaku
05-04-2012, 10:03
Hi,

@ Trapped in Samsara: Hey, nice outcome that battle - so your predictions were nearly correct. I feel sorry for your hardware issues - it´s such a pity this great game is so "choosy" with video cards and drivers (had my share of that as well, as you know)!

Aboud thread choice: As long it´s related to crashes, bugs and general difficulties with the game I think you´re at the right place here. Epic stories about battles, okay, that´s another story ;-))

@ Axalon: 1.1 versus 2.01 : first, I don´t "feel" the 1.1 to be faster - reactions to mouse actions is quite delayed in comparison to 2.01; always had some problem with that. Second, what makes me wonder is the fact that going back to a savegame about 20 years earlier results in freezes at quite the same time as before - first time started to freeze 840 and kept freezing (after restart of computer) every second year; second time freeze at 837, with the same symptoms. Had checked the threads and files you mentioned, but no help/solution works for my circumstances :-(
So for the sake of gameplay I think I´ll stick to the v2.01, but certainly will miss those girls, girls, girls... ;-)) You having told me the available units are the same, for my "cartography project" there will be no difference.

greetings daigaku

ps.: seems in all those christian regions from HRESaxony till down Granada I can´t recruit anything beyond Archers and LightCav - but have to verify...

Axalon
05-04-2012, 20:40
Hello Dai,

Well, the remark was made with W7 in mind, to be honest here. All the same, I can only go on the experiences I have had with v.1.1 on my hardware and there is little doubt that - regardless if it is on 2000 or W7 - it has faster loading times. Especially so on W7. The v.2.01 is clearly slower by a few seconds on that hardware (both OS). It is possible that different hardware "reacts" differently to the engines, and if you like the v.2.01-experience more (all things considered) by all means stick to that. Why not? Anyways, as for your problems, you could reload a "mastersave" and move agents and fleet differently, re-arrange, re-assign, abort missions etc. etc. In short, create different circumstances. That usually helps, as both these things are usual causes for freezes somehow.

- A

daigaku
05-04-2012, 23:41
Hi Axalon,

remember, on my old machine I´m playing right now, since have found out about the settings for AGP, I play win98SE still ;-))

Had tried the master save thing, but got freezes after a few turns as well - the only lasting longer was the one from 20 turns earlier:-(

Loading time is nearly no theme, taking between 12 and max. 25 seconds - for that old iron not bad, I think....

The freezes happened most times when, after a turn, those infos popped up and I tried to "ok" them - the first went well, the second maybe, and the third froze.....

But now, bashing my way down to Konstantinopolis, with 2.01 I´m in the year 1193 and have no freezes at all - and found those fabulous Norse Mercenaries to be recruited; though you state sometimes you´re not looking for "historically correct" stuff that one is ;-)))

So altogether, my try with 1.1 was exactly that - a try, and didn´t work for me that good, so I keep sticking to 2.01 and fight happily along!! ;-)))

greetings from Birka Castle, daigaku

Axalon
05-07-2012, 17:37
Alright, roger that.... Anything else on RXB1003, folks?

EDIT:
-----------------------

I have discovered that Longbowmen are listed as AP-units in RXB1003, that is an error, they are using swords in combat not axes like in raw MTW...
"Hall of Warriors", description states a happiness bonus - it sholud be stated as stability...
"Hall of Seers" - the same error as hall of warriors....
RX-Classic campaign-intro, incorrectly states 4 optional factions available for play in that scenario... It should be 5 - the Russians are also an optional faction...
Campaign-map spells Ireland wrong... Logged...
Rebel killer vices (I don't remember which ones exactly), screwed up grammar and should be "is" somewhere in there. Logged it...
Eastern Mediterranean connects with Sea of Create - obviously this is wrong, it should not.... Logged it...

- A

Stazi
11-16-2013, 16:30
A small bug.

Axalon
12-03-2013, 23:04
Alright, noted and thanks for reporting it Staz... My guess, its a "VI/v.2.01 only" error - time will tell. Anything else on RXB1004?

EDIT:
-----------------------

Poor AI-performance upon the VI/v.2.01 engine. AI builds typically too many ships (there are "exception-campaigns" on this).
The brothel "pleasure palace"-building states +1 valour bonus - that is wrong. It provides no such bonuses. (Reported at the TWC, by slowpoke).
On VI/v.2.01... Some sea-squares are mislabelled. Yet to determine, which ones exactly, as some are ok. Please feel free to report in the errors you find on this note. (Reported at the TWC, by slowpoke).
On VI/v.2.01... Wrong minimap displayed in campaigns. A correct minimap can be located in gamedirectory - "campmap"-folder - "minilukup.bif"-file. Copy that file. Open gamedirectory, "textures"-folder, "campmap"-folder and paste and replace - and then you got the right one...
Sword-animations for units "Crossbow Cavalry" and "Tyrolian Cavalry" are a bit off... They should not be...
Campaign-map texture is missing a text/title for the (sea)square "Costa Verde". It should not... *Another one, the "North Atlantic" is also missing from the texture, however that's open sea so I'm ok with that.

- A

daigaku
12-06-2013, 13:34
Hi Axalon,

still for 1003:
repeatedly, men "disappear". First thought I had misremembered, but last situation: Trying to rid me of some unwanted heirs, put them to rebel-owned Saxony. A few nasty battles with the dai-typical results (dismounted Royal Knights, put into forest, slaughtering happily along hundreds of foes), but the moment there were only the three Princelings left they disappeared into empty air after battle, reloading to the campaign map. Is this a known issue or new?
Another thing that struck me as weird: Rebel forces (iirc only them, but may be mistaken) do use Heavy Crossbows not to shoot, but to charge - even if my men are put in open field! They come along, and instead of staying in shooting range to my completely exhausted guys and pepper them, they charge straight in, of course loosing badly instead of giving me hell with their ?quarrels?.
scratching-my-head greetings,
daigaku

Axalon
12-07-2013, 04:21
Dai, you really need to get updated to RXB1004… Finish your 1003-campaign and upgrade to the “VI-RXB1004e” in your case. The RXB1003 has been taken out of service - it is in effect not supported anymore…

...repeatedly, men "disappear". First thought I had misremembered, but last situation: Trying to rid me of some unwanted heirs, put them to rebel-owned Saxony. A few nasty battles with the dai-typical results (dismounted Royal Knights, put into forest, slaughtering happily along hundreds of foes), but the moment there were only the three Princelings left they disappeared into empty air after battle, reloading to the campaign map. Is this a known issue or new?

Strikes me as new, but I must have it confirmed, without that this will go nowhere. The VI/v.2.01-engine is what it is, weird but stable… And, it is possible you made a mistake somewhere somehow. Without pics or saves or something to back it up/confirm it – I can do diddly about it and I won’t log it as a result. Sorry…

Another thing that struck me as weird: Rebel forces (iirc only them, but may be mistaken) do use Heavy Crossbows not to shoot, but to charge - even if my men are put in open field! They come along, and instead of staying in shooting range to my completely exhausted guys and pepper them, they charge straight in, of course loosing badly instead of giving me hell with their ?quarrels?.

Sounds like a bad AI-call… Not a bug… Dismissed (sorry)…

- A

Axalon
12-07-2013, 06:04
Alright folks, I have created the "RXB1004 Mapfix" the fix is relevant to ALL versions of Redux. The fix corrects/updates the strat-maps on the two missing titles/names that I noticed a few days ago. Again, it works universally on any version, regardless of v.1.1 or VI/v.2.01 as that makes no difference. Download and install it at your discretion...

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/106395/rxb1004-mapfix

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23895433/RXB1004_Mapfix_zip

- A

daigaku
12-09-2013, 14:13
Hi Axalon,

not sure if bug but nevertheless very, very strange:
Sudden drop of influence, from 9 to 3, but I had nothing lost: No region, no battle, no crucade. Only declined proposal of alliance with small faction(Hungarians). How comes?!?

greetings daigaku

Axalon
12-10-2013, 19:56
My guess is that a new king/succession is involved somehow - the MTW-engine does that to new kings and it disappears within 3-4 turns (unless some disaster strikes. This way there is plenty of civil wars in MTW, due to this very trait.). A loyalty/influence drop... If not, that then it is something else and its not by my designs. And, I doubt it is a bug - even CA would not have missed something like that back in 2002 (these days yes, but back then nope).

- A

daigaku
01-10-2014, 15:35
Hi Axalon,

not sure this question belongs here, but anyway...

About: Those randomly given V&Vs

Many of those, like "drunkard" or "arrogant", are "given" with no trigger at all. Others, like for example "good runner" or "secret incest", are only "given" for a definite action of a general/king. What would happen if I deleted those undeserved and unwanted V&Vs from "events.txt" and from "changes.txt"? Did you try this yourself, and if, with which outcome?!?

curious waiting for an answer,
greetings daigaku

Axalon
01-14-2014, 09:44
I don’t know, I have not tried, I think? I can’t remember… I have always assumed that the MTW will crash or refuse to start or some such, if one did something like that… Try and find out… Anyways, this is not very bug-related, let's try to keep things on topic here...

- A

daigaku
01-15-2014, 14:28
Hi Axalon,

...will give it a try to delete all V&Vs which aren´t bound to activities and report results. Will need to copy the whole game to another hdd for tests, so takes some time (rig is full).

greetings, daigaku

daigaku
01-27-2014, 16:17
Hi Axalon,

...the garrison of Corsica - a tradeship?!?

bewildered greetings, daigaku

Axalon
01-27-2014, 22:25
Hi Dai,

Could you please triple-check this so we can exclude to possibility of some confusion/mistake on your part? Better
still, provide a save-game as to 100% confirm your claim? Or some extensive screens that leaves zero doubt here?

EDIT:
------------------
Due to the new file-structure introduced in v.1004e, I think it is possible that this might be a rebellion mechanics-error generated by the VI/v.2.01-engine, much like the previous Muslim-rebellion bug. If so, it is probably connected to the Orthodox and/or possibly the Catholic cultural-marker. However I need (much) stronger evidence and better basis to confirm this claim. I have had no previous experience or hint of it anywhere. Therefore, please upload a relevant save here to allow me to do a full investigation on it – unless you prefer to do it for me… Until then, I will not log this as a bug, on the info available to me at this point...

- A

Revenant
01-29-2014, 00:56
Playing as England....

king of Burgundy offered his daughter´s hand for marriage to one of my heirs. A info screen with this information pop up. And at the end of the text, there was written "King Charles I of the Magyars".

I think there is something messed up with text file. I remember similar bug in 2.01 version of the game, when factions had swapped names in diplomacy and similar screens.

Axalon
01-29-2014, 20:26
Hi Revenant, I replicated your bug and thus confirmed….

It’s a VI/v2.01 exclusive bug, and it’s a mixup on Hungary and Burgundy in the files.
Had it been a Hungarian princess it would have read “Burgundy” instead. I’ll credit
you in the RXB1005 release…. Noted & logged… And thanks…

- A

daigaku
01-30-2014, 12:45
Hi Axalon,

here come requested confirmations.
iirc, an italian respawn with destruction short time later happened between 1082 and 1124 (didn´t care about, didn´t look at outcome).

A pic with more obvious expression:

Tried to fight this thing, in autocalc it takes some 400+men to destroy, in personal attack direct CTD.

Never fiddled out about complete savegames, but maybe this is enough, with the pic being quite obvious...

greetings, daigaku

addition: email sent with savegame 1124/Russian

daigaku
02-02-2014, 15:25
Hi Axalon,

....same thing happened to my 1004e-VI/English/Veteran game. Sent you savegame to the known-to-me email-address "The English 1107". Pity circumstances aren´t retraceable exactly for me, happened definitely after Lombard respawn.

greetings daigaku

Cyprian2
02-02-2014, 18:12
Hey, daigaku,

Would love to see what happens if you land an army there. CTD, I'd suspect. But still. How do you think those boats would fare against some Slavic warriors? :laugh4:

daigaku
02-03-2014, 00:42
Hi Cyprian2,

In the russian campaign game crashed only with "attack personally", with autoresolve didn´t. In the English campaign (iirc 8 tradeships in garrison in Cilica) it started to crash regularly after "I had seen" them. No stable gameplay possible any more. Pity, I enjoyed the game...
As told in the other thread, this single Tradeship chewed up some 400 men - but weren´t SlavWarriors. Of those, I guess about 250 taking in account the fighting abilities....

greetings, daigaku

Axalon
02-03-2014, 06:32
Alright Dai, I have now examined your saves, it’s an error/bug generated by the engine...

This is a VI/v.2.01-exclusive bug and it is explicitly linked to the new file-structure of VI-1004e and PAGAN-culture marker (I did not expect that). Its actually easy to fix - if you start a new campaign (old campaigns are screwed, sorry). What needs to be done is to open “CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT” - manually - cut out (ctrl+X) all 4 raider units (under Agents), and paste them (ctrl+v) under/after the 3 Heathen units at the top instead, then it should work just fine. This would mean that the raider units should be No:4-7 units if successfully done and if viewed in gnome-editor, for instance. Back up the file before attempting this.... Anyways, congratulations you finally managed to find you very own confirmed bug, after a long hunt - score 1 for Dai... Noted & logged… I’ll credit you in RXB1005 for it. Thanks…

How do you think those boats would fare against some Slavic warriors? :laugh4:

It was totally deliberate! It’s the new secret feature of RXB1005 that I am planning for, landfearing rebel-“Deathships”! ...Seriously, its stuff like that which makes me happy that Redux is still declared as just a BETA… :laugh4:

I found another error in the VI-1004e, in CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT-file, Heathen Warriors are restricted and available to "ID_Scotland" only, and they should not be. Just delete that entry and leave it blank, and it’s all good to go… Use the Gnome-Editor 2.0 or some such…

- A

daigaku
02-03-2014, 21:39
Hi Axalon,

Anyways, congratulations you finally managed to find you very own confirmed bug, after a long hunt - score 1 for Dai... Noted & logged… I’ll credit you in RXB1005 for it. Thanks…

Thanks for that, but I didn´DO anything actually - just stumbled over some weirdness and told about ;-)) Pity I can´t go back to an earlier save to complete the campaign, was running quite smoothly for what I expected from "Veteran".....

greetings, daigaku

daigaku
02-07-2014, 12:54
Hi Axalon,

hadn´t changed yet the "HeathenWarrior" entry, but they nevertheless turned up in a norwegian rebellion, half a stack strong.

greetings, daigaku

Axalon
10-09-2014, 14:35
Updating this thread to the RXB1005 as I recently found my first bug/error on it (valid for both versions btw)...

The GFX shown for pagan factions regarding the "Sacred Stone", "Large Stone" and "Gigantic Stone" is wrong...
It is however possible to fix this on your own... Go to "X:\?\RXB1005\campmap\review_panel\Buildings", find
and copy the following files...

"Stone1.BIF"
"Stone2.BIF"
"Stone3.BIF"

Copy... Now, open up to the pagan folder... As in... "X:\?\RXB1005\campmap\review_panel\Buildings\Pagan"...
Paste and replace... Done. You may need to restart/re-load the game for it to take effect.

The error will be gone after that...

Anything else on the RXB1005? ...?...

- A

Axalon
12-01-2014, 22:41
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/images/redux/images/universal/RX_Unipatch_Logo.jpg

The Redux universal patch is valid for all 1005-versions, and what does is to update RXB1005 to RXB1005c. As such it updates and corrects a number of minor errors of previous 1005-releases, regardless the kind. The "unipatch" is fully save-game compatible and does not change the game-experience in any way, other then correcting detected errors, bugs and typos. It is important that you select/use/apply ONLY the stuff from the folder that corresponds to the MTW-version you are using. If you do that, there will be no problems with this patch and Redux will update just fine upon install (using standard method of copy, paste and replace in game-directory).

Patch Name: RXB-Unipatch 1005c
Patch Version: 1005c
Language: English
Terms of Use: P.U.O, Personal Use Only (restricted material).
Size: Zipped 0.5MB/Uncompressed 1.4MB
Compatibility: RXB1005 versions only (all versions).
Operating System: -
Hardware: -
Description: see above...
Credits: Axalon all over...
Download Links:

Download zip-version: (primary)
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/108818/rx-unipatch1005c

Download rar-version: (reserve)
Pending...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE BUGS & ERRORS FIXED:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Building completed string, “shipyard 4” is now included...
• University colorpic for Catholic factions is now the right one...
• Errata on the rebel-kill description for “grim justice” corrected.
• 8th star promotion for generals will no longer stack up with the 9th star promotion description.
• Townwatch, Orthodox factions, Level1 has now the proper GFX assigned, as was always intended...
• Name on “large Warehouse” is wrong. Changed to “Large Warehouse”, as it should be...
• "Daimyo"/ruler promoted string/blurb is no longer missing...
• All pagan sacred stones will now use the correct GFX, as always intended...

- A

Axalon
02-03-2015, 04:56
Small error/bug found in RXB1005/RXB1005c.... In “crusaders_unit_prod11.txt”-file, entry/row 114 – "NorseAxemen" (Norse Infantry, in game)....

Error... Listed as “CAVALRY” unit-type... It should be “INFANTRY” like its neighbouring entries...
Effect... The Norse Infantry unit wont show in Solo-battles as infantry but as cavalry...
Fix... Change "CAVALRY" to "INFANTRY" in the unit-type entry (using the GnomeEditor or some other such tool)...

- A

Stazi
02-03-2015, 09:04
Two small bugs I've found recently:

1. https://s5.postimg.org/oxprvh7d3/00000000.jpg

2. https://s5.postimg.org/kd3lgjnnr/00000003.jpg

About that CAVALRY bug - I've though it was intentional to give pikemen/spearmen slightly higher chance against those cheap and powerful Norse Axemen.

Axalon
02-04-2015, 04:43
Alright, I have confirmed both... Thanks for reporting them in...

1. “Grand Pagan Idol” missing a file...
=============================

Error...The “Grand Pagan Idol” is missing a building-completed-sign (the colored one) for all non-pagan factions – this in the event they are ordered by player to build it (in former, conquered pagan territory) – despite it being overtly pagan tech. Only a human/player-factions can and will do this, as the AI won’t (by design).

Effect... A small black box appears instead of the proper image/GFX for it... As illustrated in previous post... No other (actual) effects on game otherwise...

Fix.... Open “X:\?\?\?\RXB1005\campmap\Info_Pics\Buildings\Pagan\Coloured”... Locate the file “Pagan Idol.BIF”... Make a copy of it... Now go back to “X:\?\?\?\RXB1005\campmap\Info_Pics\Buildings\Coloured” and paste the file “Pagan Idol.BIF”... The error should be fixed... Done!

2. “Dismounted Nobles”-error message
=============================

Error... The “Plurals” name-distinguisher is missing in “names.txt”-file (located at “X:\?\?\?\RXB1005\Loc\Eng”). Its an exclusive error/bug for Gold/VI/2.01-versions only....

Effect... Constant error message whenever these particular units are used or examined...

Fix... Make an entry manually in the “Generic INF”-section, below “Heavy Halberdiers” (by copying that entry) and replace/fill in the relevant data... As in first “NoblesOnFoot” – the internal name-distinguisher, and then “Dismounted Nobles” the in-game-appearing name... Like this...

["HeavyHalberdiers_Plural"] {"Heavy Halberdiers"}
["NoblesOnFoot_Plural"] {"Dismounted Nobles"}
["Pikemen_Plural"] {"Pikemen"}

About that CAVALRY bug - I've though it was intentional to give pikemen/spearmen slightly higher chance against those cheap and powerful Norse Axemen.

Nope, it was not intentional... Providing some "sneaky" deliberate bonuses to spear/pike-units against them - using spear-units against these guys are basically bad/poor tactics anyways... It was probably the result of some abandoned previous research and/or experiment that I later on forgot all about, and then failed to change it back before release. With a thousand things to worry about and on my mind all over the game (including the dual engines and the porting to each version etc etc) with each major RXB-release - things like that are bound to happen from time to time (especially as I work alone)...

Anything else in RXB1005? Other/further bugs, errors and anomalies (or possible potentials of such)? Anyone? ...?...

- A

Axalon
04-23-2015, 00:06
I have discovered another two and nominal bugs/errors in the RXB1005/1005c...

Norse Warriors have the wrong swords in battle, they have regular swords when they should use the Norse/nordic/barbaric-styled ones... Compare with Slavic Warriors on battle-mode to see the difference I am talking about here... Regardless, it will be fixed and that in some later release...
While doing solo-battles... Selecting the Orleans battle-map will result in that the castle is not placed... Supposedly due to excess in memory-usage due to other bigger textures exceeds the supposedly acceptable levels memory-usage (as I understand it). I have zero clue what texture that causes the problem here, and honestly, the entire problem is so small in nature that I will not bother working on this any time soon, if ever... I mean it was just blind luck that I spotted this stuff in the first place...

Anything else on the RXB1005/1005c?

- A

jingo7
05-20-2015, 14:59
Hello. Not really a bug but I want to report it anyway.

http://www.2shared.com/file/gXQb3dd9/Moors746_pirates.html
In this save file I am playing as the Moors and, like with my previous campaigns, piracy has gone bananas!
I am not hostile to the rebels so as to avoid these big fleets. Is this intentional? Generally rebel forces are extremely strong. If you check out England, the English have only Mercia left, surrounded by rebels! Probably civil-war I guess. I know it's only 746 AD, but I feel like the map is suffocated with pirate navies. In my French campaign getting the pirates down to a workable number was a major and long campaign in itself! If this is intentional design then I apologise for wasting your time, cheers mate.
I am using MTW Gold with RXB1005c v2.1

Axalon
05-21-2015, 01:53
On general terms, its always better to report in something, then not to, if you are somehow uncertain about something or you find something that strikes you as odd or strange - report it in (your apology on this note is still much appreciated). That is, after you have first checked that someone else has not beaten you to it already. If nothing else, you will that way always get more clarity about it, due to reporting it in - if it is not a valid bug/error or something like that - I will probably post up some explanatory remark about it. Having said that...

It is not uncommon that England and the Norse get completely destroyed by the rebels initially in RXB1005 - they can survive too, so it can go either way for both factions. Each campaign varies, as you well know. The pirate presence on the high-seas are rather common (but not certain) initially, usually they slowly disappear after some 100-120 turns as their ports are lost and their capacity to replenish their numbers disappears - and ordinary factions want to claim the seas. The are there to ensure that trade routs and sea-lanes will have too be conquered/secured, and then defended - much in the same way as it is for lands. The player are free to trade, but in Redux he must fight for it - unlike the raw game (or basically anything else ever made for MTW). Pirates is a distinct redux-trait that I don't think you will find elsewhere, and in some RX-campaigns it can end up to being very hard simply because of unchecked pirates has been allowed to roam too freely, for too long.

I have commented on this stuff before and most of it still holds true... Here for instance... In post: 461, (the general thread) I wrote...

Rebels & pirates
--------------------------
Personally, I think that one should contain the rebels as soon as possible or when one can afford it. At least in the relevant region of interest - before they get too dangerous and strong there – as they can at times. If rebels are left alone for too long in provinces with ports and castles they will obviously grow stronger, with more troops and ships, eventually becoming truly dangerous as long as they stay there… We are more or less forced to actively fight them in Redux - sooner or later – or there might be chaos all over the map. Still, I have seen plenty of campaigns were it never comes to that as they are pretty fast reduced to obscurity in some corner. This is Redux, so it can go either way, depending on what happens in game. Anyway, allowing the rebels/pirates too many functional ports and wharfs is never a good idea in the long run….

I checked your save, and yup the pirates are pretty strong there at the moment - but I see no direct or obvious errors. I also see plenty of functional ports held by rebels, and that explains and the cause for it. If they lose their ports, they will eventually get weaker (but all the existing ships will have too be destroyed, ordinary factions will help with that). If you allow them to keep their ports, they will probably get even stronger before they get any weaker... Basically, you must typically actively fight rebels in Redux, or they can potentially become a serious problem...

- A

jingo7
05-23-2015, 14:08
This makes sense. It's just good to know that this is intentional design. This is an excellent way to make the player fight hard to open his/her trade routes, but I worry about the AI (I assume they do fight the rebels at sea too). Seems that some factions just aren't interested in shipbuilding no matter how clear the waters, and some love it.

Axalon
05-30-2015, 11:48
Hello Jingo,

I think we are slowly drifting away from actual bug-talk, errors and such things on this note - I have therefore posted my reply to your comment over at the general thread, in the interest of keeping things topical right here (and you are welcome to continue discussing this subject as much as you want over there, its a better place for it anyhow).

Anything on bugs/error-related things, fire away right here folks...

- A

Stazi
01-16-2016, 20:21
Castle flags for Moors, Saracens, French, English and Byzantines have some transparent pixels which doesn't look good. Example:

https://s5.postimg.org/nn7l06e6b/00000004.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/nn7l06e6b/)

Axalon
01-20-2016, 00:01
Alright, got it... Thanks... Here is fix (attachment)...

To install... Place/drop uncompressed "textures"-folder into Redux-gamefolder (where the EXE is located)... It should be fixed instantly after that.

- A

Axalon
08-25-2016, 18:37
Found another bug on RXB1005/c/e-editions...

I have noticed that all/most naptha-units has some weirdness in their throw-animation (some displaced sword or something).
I'll fix it for the RXB1006-release. (Actually, I have already fixed it, but the release of that fix will be then).

- A

Axalon
12-23-2016, 10:36
Re-download & re-install RXB1006...

As usual, some (damned) errors find their way into my release, and the RXB1006 is no exception. While its good that I can spot some of that stuff on my own, it still creates some problems in general (as one could expect). Anyhow, as it has not even been a full week since the initial release - I am basically left was left with two choices... A). Create a new patch that 50% of people probably won't even bother downloading anyhow... B). Patch Redux myself and re-upload it and recommend people to re-download and re-install it to fix them errors permanently. I decided to go with the latter...

Thus, I fully recommend and request that ALL people that currently play, or plan to play, or have downloaded RXB1006 before Dec 22, please do re-download and then re-install it to fix the various small errors I already spotted/found within the initial release (made the 16th). The new release is fully save-game compatible with the previous RXB1006, and it won't break your current game, just improve and fix it. As it so close to the original and first release, I have not even bothered updating the version-number. The new uploads are already in place, and the links are live.

Here is a small list of the changes the new upload of RXB1006 will bring...

Fixing the Nubian warriors...
Various glory shields corrected...
Lower upkeep on Muslim nobles…
Removing defect quickbattle files...
Thresholds for honour on all hero & champion (or similar) units adjusted...
Castle descriptions provided wrong stability numbers…
Muslim Princess-feature corrected (VI-versions only).
Deadpage coords updated (VI-versions only).

As a compensation for the inconvenience, I have also included...

New design-document on castle-variables in RXB1006. (bonus materials)
Updated design document on stability in Redux. (bonus materials)
+6 new orthodox portraits for generals... (bonus materials)

- A

Axalon
02-25-2017, 15:04
RXB1006-VI Patched! 24.02.2017

I have (again) discovered a bunch of bugs and errors in the VI-version of Redux and I have now created a fix/patch for all errors I found. I made a new (patched) upload of RXB1006-VI that replaced the old one. All who uses VI-/GOLD-/ERAS-/STEAM-versions to run Redux are hereby highly recommended to once again re-download the new RX VI-module, and apply it on top of the previous install. It is fully save-game compatible. Anyhow, as I don’t use the VI-version personally, it usually is that very version that holds the most errors/bugs and get to be the last to be fixed - and its obviously true this time around as well. The V.1.1-version has had none of these problems/errors, all fixed and listed errors below are VI/2.01-exclusive… The fixed errors are as follows…

• Wrong battlebanner - Byzantines
• Wrong battlebanner - Saracens
• Wrong battlebanner - Papacy
• Wrong battlebanner - England
• Wrong battlebanner - France
• Wrong battlebanner – Italy

• Wrong BIF-plate used – Order Cavalry
• Wrong camp-map armymarker shields – Saracens (all shields)
• Wrong listing in solo battles - Norse Infantry listed as Cavalry…
• Faction unit-rosters cleaned up for solo battles – Aragon, Burgundy, England, France, Portugal, HRE, Lombards, Italy, Spain, Papacy, Poland, Hungary.
• HRE no access to unit – Order Cavalry
• Spain no access to unit – Order Cavalry

The relevant links:

http://www.moddb.com/games/medieval-total-war/downloads/mtw-redux-vi-beta1006

http://www.gamefront.com/downloads/mtw-redux-vi-beta1006

Enjoy Redux, as it was meant to be folks....

- A

Axalon
03-17-2017, 14:42
Alright, I have discovered yet another error in RXB1006 (regardless of version).... The stated stability values on Townwatch-buildings are off by 1%. The correct values for RXB1006 are 2%, 4%, 6% and 8% (final stage), and this can be corrected manually by accessing the relevant entries in the "descriptions.txt" in loc.

I also noticed that the shipyards-string have the wrong names attached to them in their "completed-" and "destroyed-"messages. These errors can be easily fixed in the very same way - manually by accessing and correcting the all relevant entries in the "descriptions.txt" in loc (don't forget to back up the file - before - just to be safe). Obviously, ALL these errors will be corrected with the next release or patch of Redux....

As ever, if you encounter or discover other unreported and valid (or suspected) errors, bugs and the
like in RXB1006 - please report it in. That way I can at least attempt to fix it, and faster too...

- A

jingo7
05-29-2017, 10:18
Dumb question: What is the 'Multi Edition Loc'? When I applied it, it messed up the some unit/building descriptions. Is it necessary?

Axalon
05-30-2017, 21:39
In short, if you are already using an English version its not necessary for you (at all).

It is merely a back-up/reference English loc file-set for all folks actively using any non-English version of MTW somehow. If applied (and correctly installed) it enables some consistency (languish-wise) to all non-English versions - if that is desired by the user. Ultimately it also ensures that Redux can be compatible with any such versions - if we set up the folders right (that is). Otherwise Redux would possibly be split between different languishes (in game), or possibly not function at all...

- A

Axalon
07-15-2017, 15:22
I have discovered some additional minor bugs/errors in RXB1006.... All will be fully fixed in the RXB1007 release... Before that release, people can still fix all this stuff manually by editing (bug 1 and 2) or changing/replacing (bug 3) the relevant files, in the relevant versions. Anyhow, the bugs are as follows...

1. Spain can't build crusades - as they should be able too... Valid for ALL versions. To fix it, use a Gnome-editor...

2. Castle-garrison limits don't display the correct values... Valid for ALL versions. To fix it, one has to manually enter the correct values, at the right place in the "Events.TXT"-file.

3. Sieges don't work properly - since you can't break the palisades or any gates without warmachines (like catapults etc etc). It seems this bug is V.1.1 exclusive... The "MODELDAMAGE.TXT"-file flawed somehow or somewhere - temporarily use/apply the original MTW counterpart as a hot-fix. Its not ideal but it will work...

Any other bugs/errors? If so, please report them in...

- A

Axalon
10-11-2017, 17:12
As of this post, this area/thread will now ONLY deal in RXB1007-related bugs, errors and all other such similar stuff.
Hopefully we will have/find less of all that - this time around....

- A

=========================================================================

macsen rufus
12-17-2017, 00:51
Hi Axalon,

Got a few little bits from my first game - nothing major, and I'm sure you'll have the fix pretty much straight away. Just for the record, v1007, VI 2.01 upgraded:

OK, I've started with the weirdest one - look at the entries for Wales and Picardy. Two instances of a 'king_roman_numerals' error, in castles (well, forts to be precise), showing a unit size of 0. Never seen anything like this before. Right-clicking on the castles to see what the heck is going on caused instant CTD (the ONLY sign of any instabiity at all, so far :bow:)

Anyway, there is a fix if you come across this in game - obviously, DON'T right-click on it (left-click is fine, it just shows an empty castle) - all you need to do is put another unit into the castle and take it out again. The fantasy 'king' disappears and all returns to normal. I don't know if this is relevant, but I spotted this the year my king died and was replaced. The new king (whilst still a prince, obs...) had NOT been in either of those two provinces. I only found out about this because I called up the military parchment to find the super-annuated princes to make sure they weren't going to be dangerous to the new monarch :sweatdrop:

The Norse seem to be employing steppe nomads as sailors :inquisitive: I haven't checked the files, but if you have a 'Norse' folder override for portraits, I'd imagine you didn't put one in for admirals.

There's a mix up in one of your 'of_clan_district' entries. I also had a marriage proposal from Lithuania with the soubriquet 'of Milan'. Nothing to be embarrassed about this one, it was messed up in the vanilla game, too :clown:

I'll let you know should anything else crop up, but so far it's the only mod that I've played which behaves itself as well as my own :laugh4:

Edit to add: no boiling oil on castle gate house - bug or feature?

Axalon
12-18-2017, 03:08
Hello Mac, and thanks for reporting in your findings here...

As for the first potential bug you reported in here... In short, I have tried the best I can to duplicate it upon a V.2.01 PE-engine - and I can't do it. And, I too have never heard of anything like it. As a result, I can neither confirm this bug, nor offer any solid advice as to how to remedy or deal with it.

My gut tells me that it is probably a corrupt save, as it is crazy and weird enough to fit that profile, and so, that would be my best guess on this.

The second one is not a bug - but most likely a poor/undesirable/non-optimal installation - the result being that portraits are screwed up and all mixed between the original MTW and Redux - which to me, looks pretty bad. Its easily fixed however. Find and open the "campmap"-folder (in game), after that you open the "Portraits"-folder (inside campmap).
Now, you either rename, remove or delete the "Portraits"-folder.

After that, you go back to the Redux-files and find the "Portraits"-folder. You copy it, and then paste that copy directly into the game, in "campmap"-folder, ending up with a "new" (and fully prepped) Portraits-folder in the game. Once that is done, Redux will look as intended, and all portraits will be correct....

The third potential candidate you brought... This one I have managed to replicate, and it is exclusive to V.2.01 folks (Steam included). The V.1.1 version of Redux has no such problems/errors. At any rate, this is a confirmed bug and hence it will logged as a "kill". As a result, you managed to secure a spot in the RX-credits as a minor-bughunter, Mac. On your very first try, no less... I'll happily include your credit in the next major release of Redux. If you or anybody else, manages to scrape together enough "kills", I'll promote that person to a "major-bughunter" in the credits. That is the tradition I have around here...

Anyways, the relevant factions regarding the "marriage proposal"-bug are as follows:

Burgundy --- incorrectly listed as Hungary...
Lithuania --- incorrectly listed as Milan...
Lombardy --- incorrectly listed as Papacy...
Hungary --- incorrectly listed as Burgundy...

Every other faction seems to be fine.

Lastly... The lack of oil - its a "feature"... Rationale, I am trying to maintain max consistency between V1.1 and V.2.01 game-experiences and battles. Thus the oil had to go (and I never liked it anyways, so it was an easy choice)...

I have attached a hotfix to this post for the marriage-bug - download, unpack and apply/replace the faulty file in relevant folder (loc). Once applied the bug should vanish altogether the next time you start the game. Anyways, feel free to report in anything else suspicious you find as you play Redux. This goes for everybody, as usual...

- A

macsen rufus
12-18-2017, 11:30
Thanks for the reply, Axalon

Lastly... The lack of oil - its a "feature"... Rationale, I am trying to maintain max consistency between V1.1 and V.2.01 game-experiences and battles. Thus the oil had to go (and I never liked it anyways, so it was an easy choice)...

I guessed it might have been later on in my campaign, when another VI feature - ie flaming arrows (at least on ordinary archers) - no longer seems to be available for taking out fort walls.

I'll take a look at the portraits, not a problem. Though maybe not straight away - I prefer to 'discover' new mods through playing rather than footling around in the files. It just ssems a bit unchivalrous to start undressing it before I get to know it better :bow:

As for those fantasy kings - absolutely never seem it's like before, so I have no idea where it might have come from. I brought it up more for the sake of the 'in-game' fix should anyone else encounter it.

Cheers for now, anything else, I'll post it here.

Axalon
12-21-2017, 21:54
Mac, obviously it is your call, but I am telling you - the portraits and Redux in general will look a lot better with properly installed Redux-portraits. That is they way Redux is intended to look. Just save your game and then do what "BEFORE INSTALL" outlines in the RXB1007 readme:

"Consider to change name or deleting the Portraits-folder for
optimal continuity on reduxed portraits. If not done then
original and reduxed portraits will be all mixed up. Personally
I don’t like that. The folder is located in “campmap”-folder.

Consider to change name or deleting the Quickstart-folder to
avoid screwed up quick-battles. If not done, many such battles
will be seriously screwed up. The folder is located in main
directory...

Neither of the above is critical, but it will result in more
polished and solid game-experience on general terms."

If properly prepared, before the (re-)install is initiated, Redux will then both function and look 100% as it was intended. Otherwise it will have problems running quick-battles and portraits in campaign-mode will be mixed up. Its probably a unique feature of Redux to have full sets of alternative and original portrait-artwork attached to it. Why not experience it in full?

Just saying...

- A

Axalon
12-21-2017, 22:04
Over at the TWC William reported...

Serbia has no armourer.

Confirmed... Thus, noted and logged... And it has no metalsmith either... This bug/error is present in ANY version of Redux. For his find, William will (also) be included in the credits of Redux (as of the next major release), as
a Redux betas bughunter... Well done.

I created a Hotfix2 for this bug, and it is attached and available below... Unfortunately,
it will require you to start a completely new campaign in order for the fix to go active.

- A

William the Silent
12-22-2017, 15:25
Btw. I had that CTD on the right-click again with my new english campaign.
I had saved it during about 100 turns, but always went to "resume game" after I saved it.
I don't know if that counts as starting a saved game.
Just to let you know.

I play the Supreme Campaign on standard. Some observations:
The other factions develop very slow. Maybe I should go the highest level.
Portugal had turned into rebel faction and was just producing ships. There was already a full stack in front of Portugal with 5 stars plus a new one with six ships when I started noticing. I took Portugal for a few turns and destroyed the shipyard to stop it, but I don't know how far they would go in building fleets otherwise. That's hard to beat: a full 5-star stack.

William the Silent
12-23-2017, 00:21
Sadly I got CTD in the "taking moves phase" from my new supreme-veteran campaign in turn 793.
I had made saves in between but never quit the game.
Reloading in an earlier save resulted in the same outcome.
I saved the "save".
Only moves that I made was attacking pirates.

macsen rufus
12-31-2017, 01:48
Hi again,

I finished my English campaign, fixed the portraits (yes, I had omitted deleting the old folder during install :bow: ) and have done a Russian campaign and am now giving the Saracens a whirl.

A couple of observations which may or may not be pertinent here:

Armour & weapon upgrades +2 and +3 both have the same icon (silver), so it's hard to distinguish the troops at these levels
Rebels in Tripoli seem to have Portuguese names

Would it be much of a job to re-instate boiling oil as per the VI original? I've never messed with this end of things, so I'm not sure what it would entail. I'm afraid I have the opposite preferences - I do like it, and find castles are way too easy to assault now (especially with souped-up longbow stats out-ranging the artillery).

Axalon
12-31-2017, 16:19
Hello again everyone...

Btw. I had that CTD on the right-click again with my new english campaign.
I had saved it during about 100 turns, but always went to "resume game" after I saved it.
I don't know if that counts as starting a saved game.
Just to let you know.

There are a few things that you need to get straight here...

First, it is the MTW-game/engine itself that generates anomalies - NOT the act of saving (or Redux for that matter). Saving only means that the anomaly/error is "imprinted" on the save and then is more or less made permanent - unlikely to disappear after that point. Essentially it is made permanent because of the save.

Second, if you want to avoid such anomalies you have too save often, preferably at the very beginning of each turn - before you do anything.

Third, playing plenty of turns without re-starting (the game) or re-loading (a healthy save) is virtually begging for anomalies/errors to happen - which are generated by the game itself. The more you play and do stuff on the map, the greater the chance of anomalies and errors happening basically. It is that way because CA did a poor job when they crafted the game-engine in the first place, and they didn't clean up their code, designs and did too little "Quality Assurance" - as a result we (who use that engine) constantly get various kinds of anomalies and weirdness - that should not be there in the first place. It is possible, that if MTW is modded that such anomalies get "extra visible" even though the mod itself is not generating any errors as such. It is possible, but I do no know that for sure. If true, it probably would include Redux as well.

I play the Supreme Campaign on standard. Some observations:
The other factions develop very slow. Maybe I should go the highest level.
Portugal had turned into rebel faction and was just producing ships. There was already a full stack in front of Portugal with 5 stars plus a new one with six ships when I started noticing. I took Portugal for a few turns and destroyed the shipyard to stop it, but I don't know how far they would go in building fleets otherwise. That's hard to beat: a full 5-star stack.

Again, there are some aspects that you should fully understand...

First, the slow development - while still fully possible - is actively forced thru/encouraged due to you playing on max (or possibly large) size-settings which do slow down the development of AI-factions - as troops are more expensive to get, AND take longer time to produce. As simple as that. A human player will always handle that circumstance better then any AI - no matter what. If you actually want better AI-development and tougher resistance you should go down to "default"-size settings, as that is what Redux is designed for. Ergo, that will always provide a better performing AI compared to max size. Battles will also be harder to fight and the overall challenge will increase (as a result).

Secondly, while the are little doubt that such a rebel-armada will cause lot of problems, it is there because the designs encourage the rebel-AI (in general) to be active on the seas as well as land. Which what that very stack is a result of, it would not be there otherwise. As for the five stars, such a ship can only show up if it has fought a lot of previous battles - and that before it ended up leading that stack (no rebel ship has ever started with 5 stars).

BTW, you did the exact right thing, captured Portugal and shut down that pirate-spawning port. I would have done the same thing myself...

Sadly I got CTD in the "taking moves phase" from my new supreme-veteran campaign in turn 793.
I had made saves in between but never quit the game.
Reloading in an earlier save resulted in the same outcome.

Again, see previous reply above.

I saved the "save".

I have examined that save and it seems to be an engine-freeze - due to some damn rebel-stacks in Venice. Rebels are often involved in screwing up the game somehow or generating freezes. Anyhow, I have (luckily) fixed it - using some secret magic - so that you can continue your game at turn 794. It should work know.

- A

Axalon
12-31-2017, 18:03
Hi Mac...

I finished my English campaign, fixed the portraits (yes, I had omitted deleting the old folder during install :bow: ) and have done a Russian campaign and am now giving the Saracens a whirl.

Maybe you should try the Norse next? Poland and Spain are typically the toughest factions to play in Redux...

Armour & weapon upgrades +2 and +3 both have the same icon (silver), so it's hard to distinguish the troops at these levels

No they don't... Its just that you are not accustomed to it...

Look closer... Its dark iron (level 1), grey silver (level 2) and bright/white silver (level 3). Anyhow, yes it is "harder" (but not impossible) to determine "excellent" from "extra excellent" essentially - especially if we look from afar. The RX-designs certainly reflects that somewhat, unlike the candy-like stuff in raw MTW. Besides, you always have the option to revert to that, or you could use the "blue silver" of level4, for level 3 or something... You are a modder, you know how to make it happen. The GFX is already done, you just need to shuffle it around some.

Rebels in Tripoli seem to have Portuguese names

Its an (old & known) V.1.1-engine problem that (via the files) carried over to the V.2.01 as well. The names attached to Portugal (as a faction) and Tripolitania (old Malta) are screwed up. I suspect that it is actually possible to fix in that in the V.2.01 version - although I have never examined or explored that any closer. The VI/V.2.01 never was my primary engine, but it is yours. I am open for any suggestions you might have or better still you fix it - as you are better on that engine then I am - that would be my honest guess anyways.

Would it be much of a job to re-instate boiling oil as per the VI original? I've never messed with this end of things, so I'm not sure what it would entail. I'm afraid I have the opposite preferences - I do like it, ...

Nah, its quite possible to do... I just don't remember the details... I'll give you a hint and you can probably take it from there - check inside "models"-folder. Once inside that, look for "Islamic" and "Western European". In both cases look for "gate"-folder. You need to change or add some line in there. That is all I remember at this point. (By all means post again, if you have problems on this stuff somehow).

... and find castles are way too easy to assault now (especially with souped-up longbow stats out-ranging the artillery).

Obviously it all depends on the troops and circumstances for that assault. With enough serious and capable troops, and enough fortunate circumstances during to the given assault in question - any castle will fall. This, regardless of any lowbowmen or not.

Personally, I always felt that the fate of a province is already determined in battle prior to any withdrawal to any keep/castle/citadel. Besides, longbowmen are only available to the English anyways, so that unit is hardly a problem (for you) if you play any other faction, right?

- A

macsen rufus
01-01-2018, 21:02
Hi Axalon,

Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year, of course.

Hi Mac...

Maybe you should try the Norse next? Poland and Spain are typically the toughest factions to play in Redux...

I was planning on the Norse next - I like to try all the different ciltures for my first few - done catholic, orthodox and muslim so far, so it has to be a pagan faction next :2thumbsup:

No they don't... Its just that you are not accustomed to it...

Look closer... Its dark iron (level 1), grey silver (level 2) and bright/white silver (level 3). Anyhow, yes it is "harder" (but not impossible) to determine "excellent" from "extra excellent" essentially - especially if we look from afar. The RX-designs certainly reflects that somewhat, unlike the candy-like stuff in raw MTW. Besides, you always have the option to revert to that, or you could use the "blue silver" of level4, for level 3 or something... You are a modder, you know how to make it happen. The GFX is already done, you just need to shuffle it around some.

Yeah, I have reverted to the original - I can see the difference in ReadBIF, but in-game it's just too subtle for my eyes these days.

Its an (old & known) V.1.1-engine problem that (via the files) carried over to the V.2.01 as well. The names attached to Portugal (as a faction) and Tripolitania (old Malta) are screwed up. I suspect that it is actually possible to fix in that in the V.2.01 version - although I have never examined or explored that any closer. The VI/V.2.01 never was my primary engine, but it is yours. I am open for any suggestions you might have or better still you fix it - as you are better on that engine then I am - that would be my honest guess anyways.

Yeah, it's easily fixed in VI 2.01, there is an entry for every province to define rebel names. I'd be happy to run through it and let you have something to insert for that version :bow:

Nah, its quite possible to do... I just don't remember the details... I'll give you a hint and you can probably take it from there - check inside "models"-folder. Once inside that, look for "Islamic" and "Western European". In both cases look for "gate"-folder. You need to change or add some line in there. That is all I remember at this point. (By all means post again, if you have problems on this stuff somehow).

OK, I'll take a look there, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

One other observation: every time I invade Sicily by sea I get the default battle map. I haven't checked the startpos but this usually happens because the declared border type does not correspond to an existing battle map.

(Sicily keeps changing hands in my Saracen campaign - my empire has too many borders and not enough ships ~D I had to pick a war with the Moors, and that was the signal for the Byz to lay into me from the other end. It's been a bit difficult to afford ships, and the AI seems able to sink four of my galleys with a single tradegalley of its own.... Anyway, I have taken Constantinople, so the cash is flowing much better and I can afford to throw plenty of wood into the sea now.)

macsen rufus
01-02-2018, 13:36
OK, I've had a look at the rebel name list in DEFAULT_HEROES.TXT, and although I found a few that needed swapping around because you've re-assigned provinces on the new map, I couldn't find any reason for an apparently Portuguese name to crop up in Tripoli (and I do mean Tripoli, not Tripolitania). Wish I had a save game that turn now....

Anyway, I've done a new SET REBELS section, with the following changes:

Frisia - Frisian/Dutch
Suzdal - Russian
Tripolitania - Egyptian
Edessa - Turkish
Sivas - Turkish
Cilica - Turkish
West Africa - Almohad
Cordoba - Almohad
Flanders - Dutch/Dutch

Here's the new section:

SET_REBELS:: ID_SCOTLAND 14 13
SET_REBELS:: ID_NORTH_UMBRIA 1 1
SET_REBELS:: ID_MERCIA 1 1
SET_REBELS:: ID_WALES 15 14
SET_REBELS:: ID_WESSEX 1 1
SET_REBELS:: ID_IRELAND 14 13
SET_REBELS:: ID_NORWAY 2 2
SET_REBELS:: ID_SWEDEN 2 2
SET_REBELS:: ID_DENMARK 2 2
SET_REBELS:: ID_FINLAND 2 2
SET_REBELS:: ID_NOVGOROD 12 11
SET_REBELS:: ID_MUSCOVY 12 11
SET_REBELS:: ID_LIVONIA 12 11
SET_REBELS:: ID_SMOLENSK 12 11
SET_REBELS:: ID_RYAZAN 12 11
SET_REBELS:: ID_CHERNIGOV 12 11
SET_REBELS:: ID_LITHUANIA 12 11
SET_REBELS:: ID_PEREYASLAVL 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_KHAZAR 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_KIEV 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_CRIMEA 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_VOLHYNIA 11 10
SET_REBELS:: ID_PRUSSIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_MOLDAVIA 17 15
SET_REBELS:: ID_CARPATHIA 17 15
SET_REBELS:: ID_WALLACHIA 17 15
SET_REBELS:: ID_BULGARIA 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_HUNGARY 17 15
SET_REBELS:: ID_POLAND 11 10
SET_REBELS:: ID_POMERANIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_BRANDENBURG 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_SILESIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_BOHEMIA 11 10
SET_REBELS:: ID_SAXONY 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_FREISLAND 20 17
SET_REBELS:: ID_FLANDERS 20 17
SET_REBELS:: ID_NORMANDY 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_BRITTANY 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_FRANCONIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_LORRAINE 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_CHAMPAGNE 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_ANJOU 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_AQUITAINE 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_TOULOUSE 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_PROVENCE 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_BURGUNDY 5 4
SET_REBELS:: ID_SWABIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_BAVARIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_SWITZERLAND 19 17
SET_REBELS:: ID_TYROLIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_AUSTRIA 16 12
SET_REBELS:: ID_CROATIA 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_SERBIA 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_GREECE 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_CRETE 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_RHODES 10 9
SET_REBELS:: ID_GEORGIA 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_ARMENIA 18 16
SET_REBELS:: ID_RUM 10 9
SET_REBELS:: ID_LESSER_ARMENIA 10 9
SET_REBELS:: ID_EDESSA 8 7
SET_REBELS:: ID_TREBIZOND 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_NICAEA 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_ANATOLIA 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_CYPRUS 6 5
SET_REBELS:: ID_ANTIOCH 10 9
SET_REBELS:: ID_SYRIA 10 9
SET_REBELS:: ID_TRIPOLI 10 9
SET_REBELS:: ID_JERUSALEM 9 8
SET_REBELS:: ID_ARABIA 9 8
SET_REBELS:: ID_SINAI 9 8
SET_REBELS:: ID_EGYPT 9 8
SET_REBELS:: ID_LIBYA 8 7
SET_REBELS:: ID_AFRICA 9 8
SET_REBELS:: ID_TUNISIA 8 7
SET_REBELS:: ID_ALGERIA 8 7
SET_REBELS:: ID_MOROCCO 8 7
SET_REBELS:: ID_GRANADA 8 7
SET_REBELS:: ID_CORDOBA 8 7
SET_REBELS:: ID_PORTUGAL 7 6
SET_REBELS:: ID_LEON 7 6
SET_REBELS:: ID_CASTILE 7 6
SET_REBELS:: ID_VALENCIA 7 6
SET_REBELS:: ID_NAVARRE 7 6
SET_REBELS:: ID_ARAGON 7 6
SET_REBELS:: ID_CORSICA 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_SARDINIA 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_GENOA 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_MILAN 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_VENICE 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_TUSCANY 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_PAPAL_STATES 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_ROME 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_NAPLES 3 3
SET_REBELS:: ID_MALTA 9 8
SET_REBELS:: ID_SICILY 3 3

Whilst we're in DEFAULT_HEROES.TXT, there's something that I would strongly recommend you change, as in 'I can't believe it hasn't already caused major problems':

FAMOUS_HEROES:: FN_ALMOHAD 5
//hero: Name, Surname ...................
"Hero", "Blank", 1370, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, no_v, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Blank hero slot:.......

The problem being: FAMOUS_HEROES:: FN_ALMOHAD 5 when you only have one hero listed - that '5' should be a '1' to match the number of hero slots listed. Obviously this applies to all the other factions with spare hero slots. This sort of thing would normally cause the dreaded 'no names' error (though that's more often seen when it's the famous kings who have been misnumbered). As I said, I can't see why it hasn't caused the usual problem, but it might be the birth date after the game's end date, but that's just speculation at this stage.

Obviously, everything here applies to the VI 2.01 version, I can't comment on the 1.1 version :bow:

Axalon
10-16-2018, 20:28
Mac, I will certainly try to put your work and efforts here to good use. This in future releases of Redux. I will also expand your (already promised) credits beyond the basic level of "bughunter" in future credits. You have earned it. The work done here is much appreciated, and you should have zero doubt about that.

I also want to apologize for not having responded to your posts earlier here. It has nothing to do with you in any way and ALL to do with me not being active at da Org, for multiple months (since January or some such). This for various unrelated reasons.

- A

Axalon
10-16-2018, 20:37
Folks, I have created a new hotfix for RXB1007 - this one deals with two problems I found.

1. It improves camp-map AI-performance in general.
2. It corrects various errors on costs for several buildings/tech.

Both previous hotfixes 1 and 2, are also included for good measure and player-convenience. I have
attached the hotfix3 to this very post. Download and apply it for a better game-experience today!

- A

macsen rufus
09-04-2020, 18:13
Hi Axalon,

Hope you're faring well in these trying times.

I almost hesitate to post this as a bug, it's more of an oddity. So, can you see what's wrong with this picture?

Yep, even though the rebels have blocked the only sea region that borders on to Flanders, I'm still able to launch a sea invasion! For the record, I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest version, VI install.

I took a peek at the startpos and everything seems to be defined correctly. The region (renamed from Friesland) only has the one neighbouring sea region defined, and the border info matches it correctly. So this shouldn't be possible. I haven't spent a huge amount of time ferreting through the files, as I was half expecting to see another sea region defined as a neighbour, but that's not so. The only query in my mind is I spot you've sometimes got Freisland and sometimes Friesland, but at a quick glance I think that's all squared up in the names.txt translations. As I said, bit of an oddity.

Cheers for now.

Axalon
06-02-2021, 02:22
Hello Mac and thanks for reporting this in… In short, it’s a bug and I have confirmed it. Flanders should not be accessible from the English Chanel sea-area in Redux. Furthermore, this is VI/2.01-specific/exclusive and I will fix it in future releases of the Redux beta.

This is yet another reason for me to credit you as a bug-hunter in future releases of the Redux beta, btw...

- A