PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Faction?

Ignoramus
11-05-2008, 09:53
Validus Regnum is covering a scope larger than any other medieval mod for MTW2. From Orkney to Ghana, and Spain to China, 30 diverse factions scattered across the political landscape. Each faction will have it's own challenges and difficulties along the course of the grand campaign, especially if you take the challenge to achieve your faction's historical goals.

So now we ask you: Which faction are you most looking forward to playing in Validus Regnum?

Rhyfelwyr
11-05-2008, 15:52
I voted for the Murabitun. The wars in Ghana will add a whole new dimension to the Moors, and the units available to them should be very interesting; combining the nomadic Berbers of the Sahara, the Arabised Berbers of the north African coast, the militia armies of Andalus, and the exotic unit types of the Wagadou.

ULC
11-12-2008, 21:54
I voted Duchy of Aquitaine, since I haven't seen it covered in any other mod, and it would be interesting in my minds eye to play as them. I wonder how different they are from the French? units wise of course ~;p

Rhyfelwyr
11-12-2008, 22:53
I voted Duchy of Aquitaine, since I haven't seen it covered in any other mod, and it would be interesting in my minds eye to play as them. I wonder how different they are from the French? units wise of course ~;p

They will be very much different. Southern France was much more Romanised than the north, spoke a different language, and had the whole seperate Occitain culture.

The units in Aquitaine will be lighter than those of the north, being less feudalised and relying more on urban militias. Skirmishing tactics will be more common, as well as greater use of missile weapons, notably the crossbow.

ULC
11-12-2008, 23:04
Oooh...now I definitely want to play as them :2thumbsup:

Rhyfelwyr
11-12-2008, 23:30
lol.. I extend the map to include Ghana and Ethiopia and the Indus and all these exotic areas, and then its the little French duchy that gets all the attention. :laugh4:

Ignoramus deserves the credit for Aquitaine making it into VR, I had the Abbasids down instead first.

I'm now really glad he came up with the idea, it does seem like a really interesting faction that will reform gameplay in France.

Sknit
07-22-2009, 03:07
Yep im really looking forward to this mod.
I voted kipchacks cos i dont have a clue who they are.