PDA

View Full Version : UPCOMING DEMO, and included content

Krazysigmarite
11-09-2008, 01:56
The demo version will be a temporary release for Medieval 2, and will incorporate some of the fully completed content. Release date is uncertain, though certainly by the end of December.

What the demo will include:

THE EMPIRE

-Greatswordsmen
-Pistoliers
-Halberdiers
-Swordsmen
-Crossbowmen
-Free Company Fighters
-Archers
-Spearmen
-Great Cannon + Crew
-Handgunners

ORCS & GOBLINS

Choppas
Black Orcs
(Possibly Goblins
and
Stone Trolls, if Alletun sends them over :yes: )

DWARVES
-Warriors
-Thunderers
-Troll Slayers
-Giant Slayers
-Miners
-Longbeards
-Hammerers
-Ironbreakers
-Dwarf Cannon + Crew
-Dwarf Bolt Thrower + Crew

CHAOS UNDIVIDED
-Chaos Marauders
-Chaos Raiders (Mounted)
-Chaos Chosen Marauders (Mutated, etc)
-Khorne Beserkers
-Chaos Warriors

TOMB KINGS OF KHEMRI
-Skeleton Warriors
-Skeleton Spearmen
-Skeleton Swordsmen
-Skeleton Cavalry
-Tomb Guards
-Tomb Swarms
-Bone Giants

THE VAMPIRE COUNTS
-Zombies
-Spectres
-Skeleton Warriors
-Skeleton Spearmen
-Wights
-Skeleton Javelins
-Skeleton Swordsmen

DARK ELVES
-Dark Elf Warriors
-Dark Elf Crossbowmen

Coming soon to a download link near you.

Krazysigmarite
11-09-2008, 02:25
OFFICIAL DEMO SCREENSHOTS

Soldiers of the Empire desperately hold off the hordes of undead, sent forth from Sylvania
https://img369.imageshack.us/img369/5575/empirevsundeadmo1.jpg

An Orcish warlord foolishly leads his army too far south... and pays for his arrogance.
https://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8994/orcspd3.jpg

The stoic Dwarves engage their long-hated enemy, the Orcs, in a mountain pass.
https://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5530/dwarftp1.jpg

The Dark Elves slaughter barbarians who dare enter their territory.
https://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1849/delfsyw2.jpg[spoiler]

The artillery is overrun at the battle of Bogenhafen, but the Empire can rely on one thing: A Greatsword never retreats!
https://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2343/cannonsxl9.jpg

Pantsalot
11-09-2008, 10:35
Amense ^^

Pertwee
11-09-2008, 11:07
:applause: COOL :applause:

Revan-Shan
11-09-2008, 12:22
Yeaaaaa, I posted this in the TWC forums.

Anubis1
11-09-2008, 13:05
Glad to hear this.

Lordy
11-09-2008, 20:00
Glad to see Krazy is back in the house but no Elfies! :(

Slanted
11-10-2008, 00:46
YES Time to stain the sands red with blood :egypt:

Taranaich
11-10-2008, 16:03
HA-HA, in your face unbelievers!

*eagerly awaits*

Pantsalot
11-10-2008, 17:12
Taranaich the mod has not been completed, that's all that we didn't believe would
happen.

Marcus Agrippa
11-10-2008, 19:05
Well thankyou for the screen shots and the news it's coming out.
Everyone get your connections ready for online WAR!

Taranaich
11-11-2008, 12:56
Taranaich the mod has not been completed, that's all that we didn't believe would
happen.

Heh, I'm just a bit over-excited, s'all. :beam:

Pantsalot
11-11-2008, 18:13
& after w8ing so long to try this I've become a depressed lump putting ppl
down when they feel good.. :shrug:

Pertwee
11-11-2008, 20:48
i think everyone's excited ... :dizzy2:

Ertai
11-11-2008, 23:23
omg omg omg ... o.O ... Am I dreaming?!

Dogman55
11-11-2008, 23:38
I just died and went to heaven. But No lizzies :(

DaCrAzYmOfO
11-12-2008, 03:54
OMFG.

Speechless.

*Crawls into corner and dies*

Wakes up from dead and plays as khemri to destroy the orcs!!!!

wewt!!! good job!!! :D

:egypt:

:smash:
:clown: (an orc)

Decker
11-12-2008, 05:12
Bout dang time!! Been waiting since the beginning.... *now where'd that cd go*

essi2
11-12-2008, 15:34
Awesome :2thumbsup:

Pantsalot
11-12-2008, 17:23
Hold on.. wasn't there a campaign?? what's happening about that?

DaCrAzYmOfO
11-12-2008, 17:41
Its there I bet along with the other units that were being worked on like the chariots and the stegodons and what not....

but hey be glad you got this already!! :D

I WANTS NOW >.>

:sweatdrop:

Decker
11-12-2008, 18:43
Hold on.. wasn't there a campaign?? what's happening about that?

Woa where's the fire my man... don't rush them. Be glad the mod is being put out. I hope that on release we get the best possible mod that these fine modders can make...

I personally can't wait to try the Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings :whip:

alexader
11-12-2008, 22:09
da age of vanilla total war is over,da time of da orcs has come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(...we is green,we is mean,we are da thrashing war machine!!)

i'm ecxited about dat!!!:egypt:

Pantsalot
11-13-2008, 18:04
I was simply saying that is that included unfinished so that you can still start
a campaign & perhaps have non-modded buildings create the current troops?
of course it's low quality then but that map was pretty close to completion
+ Bwians ironclad, so is that just being binned?

JR-
11-15-2008, 19:33
congrats, i look forward to the release.

Revan-Shan
11-22-2008, 11:55
I remember WTW had beastmen, will they be included?

Enthes
11-24-2008, 15:20
Nice to see somthin happinin again :yes:

Spankfurt
11-25-2008, 01:03
I would like to extend my most gratuitous thanks to the whole team who worked on this. It's been a while, with the greatest of setbacks, BUT SHIT SON, IT'S COMING TOGETHER.

Now, if I can lend my hand in any way, just point me.

Astinos
12-01-2008, 02:10
+11 internets to you sirs. :2thumbsup:

Slanted
12-20-2008, 21:10
Is there any chance of the demo coming out before or on Chirstmas. Would be quite a present.

xnajx
12-25-2008, 04:02
Christmas gift...Pwease?

errrrrrrrrframbo
12-25-2008, 18:36
chirstmas chistrmas upss...:yes::yes: just over excited

Pertwee
12-26-2008, 15:12
The demo version will be a temporary release for Medieval 2, and will incorporate some of the fully completed content. Release date is uncertain, though certainly by the end of December.

just to remind - nearly the end of december

ps-sorry for my impatience:dizzy2:

xnajx
12-26-2008, 19:19
I'm jumping around like an impatient 8 yearold nerd with ADHD and a 6 pack of coke in my system.

Spankfurt
12-28-2008, 06:45
I smell jail-bait.

xnajx
12-29-2008, 01:11
Three days left in December o.O

Revan Shan
12-29-2008, 11:26
The last day of Christmas, my father said to me...
keep on waiting and get a book to read.

Witing is esential in the world of mods.

(Merry Chrisis, and a Happy New Deal)

Spankfurt
12-31-2008, 03:45
The last day of Christmas, my father said to me...
keep on waiting and get a book to read.

Witing is esential in the world of mods.

(Merry Chrisis, and a Happy New Deal)

I loled.

Clever bastard.

xnajx
12-31-2008, 18:55
Honestly think it will be released today?

Revan Shan
01-01-2009, 12:37
Well, today is already 1... Which is not part of december any more.

xnajx
01-02-2009, 01:18
Well I didn't think it'd be released today, or yesterday for that matter...I just hope we're not being dragged along, cause there is too many people awaiting this Mod to be released.

Please do it quick my friends.

Griefmaker
01-02-2009, 02:47
I just found this thread today and im really excited about it. Especially when at the start i read that a demo would be out in Dec, i thought excellent it's Jan what good timing.

But i know all good things come to those that wait, and this mod looks very impressive. I can't wait to try it.:yes:

xnajx
01-02-2009, 18:48
Well I'm just hoping for it to be finished soon, keep up the work guys.:smash:

Zapp
01-02-2009, 22:54
Just be patient guys, he's putting this all together all by himself, it WILL take some time. Just wait and see. I personally have not seen him writing in the team-forums for a very long time, so I don't know how things are going for him.

Spankfurt
01-08-2009, 01:01
OH HAY LOL CAN I SEE TEAM FORUMS

DrZoidberg
01-08-2009, 18:10
Now I have a renewed motivation to figure out why MTW2 won't run on my new computer.

Zapp
01-09-2009, 00:27
OH HAY LOL CAN I SEE TEAM FORUMS

EDIT: Eh wtf, I just realised that I misread spankys post.. So uh, the joke failed 'cause of that.. Ignore :P

xnajx
01-09-2009, 00:33
Hmmm still waiting :)

Venerable Abbott
01-14-2009, 21:01
I am excited for this!

Venerable Abbott
01-14-2009, 21:02
Now I have a renewed motivation to figure out why MTW2 won't run on my new computer.

I had the same problem until I downloaded and installed DX9.0c

Krazysigmarite
01-18-2009, 02:31
Quick update, everyone.

Sorry for the wait, but it's been an insane amount of work, since I'm the only one working on it now. The rest of the team has either quit or are inactive, and that's completely fine, as modding is a huge time sink.
Consider I had to learn how to text edit, then do all of that (So that the units have names/descriptions on the battlefields, as well as balanced statistics) Create icons for each unit, work on the flag banners, and many other tasks that seem insignificant, but take up a lot of time. As well, there are issues with certain cavalry... :furious3:

Ahem. Anyway. Sorry that I can't give you a specific release date, I was a little over-ambitious when I announced the demo in December. Have to remember that I'm also an art student at university, and that takes up a HUGE amount of my free time.

Not meaning to post a big excuse as to "Why it's not out yet," just giving you some insight into what is going on, so you're not all in the dark. :turtle:

Crian
01-18-2009, 06:30
Hey Krazysygmarite, I hope all's well.

Anyway, I just saw this mod over at TW Center (HEGEMON Battle for Greece): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213722

It mentions something about a chariot animation set created by... Bwian! And with screenshots to prove it! I quickly went over here to see if there's any mention of it but alas, none. :(

I thought Bwian was making the animation set specifically for this mod, wasn't he? Yet his work ended up in other mods before his own baby. :( Which is a mystery because he's supposed to be out of the modding scene right?

Anyway, maybe someone else finished it for him eh? Maybe they'd be kind enough to give the files to this mod? After all, Bwian did it...

tomagabriel
01-18-2009, 18:35
Quick update, everyone.

Sorry for the wait, but it's been an insane amount of work, since I'm the only one working on it now. The rest of the team has either quit or are inactive, and that's completely fine, as modding is a huge time sink.
Consider I had to learn how to text edit, then do all of that (So that the units have names/descriptions on the battlefields, as well as balanced statistics) Create icons for each unit, work on the flag banners, and many other tasks that seem insignificant, but take up a lot of time. As well, there are issues with certain cavalry... :furious3:

Ahem. Anyway. Sorry that I can't give you a specific release date, I was a little over-ambitious when I announced the demo in December. Have to remember that I'm also an art student at university, and that takes up a HUGE amount of my free time.

Not meaning to post a big excuse as to "Why it's not out yet," just giving you some insight into what is going on, so you're not all in the dark. :turtle:

Hy there Krazysigmarite!

We all greatly appreciate your effort and eagerly wait for this mod. I just wish you strength to go on with it! I wish I could do more, but... I can add you one more fan.

Oh, and ... hi everybody!

Zapp
01-19-2009, 00:25
Quick update, everyone.

No problem but hey, I'm still here :) You just haven't given me anything to do. On the other hand, I suck at text editing, and that's the only stuff that needs to be done, I guess. Right?

Anyway, good luck dude. Why not launch a new recruitment thread? I'm sure there's enough people willing to help with text editing.

essi2
01-19-2009, 18:44
Quick update, everyone.

No problem m8, take your time :beam:

Pertwee
01-19-2009, 20:59
at least we know something is happening :2thumbsup:

DemonDude
02-08-2009, 12:36
How about making a sticky thread like the one in third age total war?

Would be immensly useful to those who just watch from the sidelines (like me) to know whats were and stuff =D

Goncalou
02-13-2009, 04:25
Hey anybody here?! (echoes). Is this mod dead or is it just that nobody's posting anything, hopefully it's the latter in which case good work but please post more stuff, not that you have to, but i think it would make it seem more like the mod's still as healthy as it'll ever be than seeming like it's dead.:sharky:

Pertwee
02-13-2009, 16:58
its still on (i think) just that noone posts :book:

Richdog
03-07-2009, 15:53
Hey anybody here?! (echoes). Is this mod dead or is it just that nobody's posting anything, hopefully it's the latter in which case good work but please post more stuff, not that you have to, but i think it would make it seem more like the mod's still as healthy as it'll ever be than seeming like it's dead.:sharky:

And people continually posting "it's dead" does nothing to help the situation. The mod is in progress, just slowly.

Spankfurt
03-09-2009, 05:16
I've been here as long as anyone, but it still mystifies me why Bwian just up and left. He invested so much of his time into this, you think he'd at least still check up and make a few posts/give suggestions from week-to-week, or month-to-month. It's been about or over half a year since he even visited.

And here's what someone was talking about with Chariots.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=2091766#post2091766

Decker
03-09-2009, 05:43
I talked with him and it seemed his RL situation was somewhat tight so he had to drop it all completely as it soaked up a lot of time so I was not all to terribly surprised.

And to everyone thinking and posting "it's dead," patience is a virtue... :2thumbsup:

Pertwee
03-09-2009, 17:49
exactamundo :laugh4:

Goncalou
03-10-2009, 23:14
I know patience is a virtue, although i never really did say the mod was dead. Bwian probaly does have a good reason for not even checking on the mod, and Pertwee never say what you just said again, ever, please. Yaaaaaagh!!!!! I really want this mod to come out. I can barely play empires because i want this mod so badly! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Pertwee
03-11-2009, 17:47
exactamundo :oops:

lol

Goncalou
03-12-2009, 23:13
If i ever find out a word you don't like i'm going to fill the screen with it, and if i know where you live i'll spray paint it on all your walls. Like c'mon. Goddamit Pertwee! Aaaagghhhh!!!! :stop:

Bwian
03-13-2009, 16:42
but it still mystifies me why Bwian just up and left

I made it pretty plain to the rest of the mod team, and it was personal and no business of anyone's. If anyone was actually interested, then they could always have tried a pm..... Sometimes things crop up that are far more important than a PC game, and they have to be dealt with, however long it takes.

Besides....who says I never check the forum from time to time?

Incidentally....the 'someone' who was talking about chariots ought to have been pretty obvious. The name shold have given it away somewhat! Yes, chariots are possible....and the necessary animations and skeleton is freely available for anyone to use in a mod.

Beofre anyone asks, though ... no...I have no intention to return to this mod or to work on it again. I have begun a new project exploring hte boundaries of what the M2TW engine is capable of, and making some new and slightly more extreme units which I am loosely grouping together as a mod.

I have chariots, I have flamethrowers, I have wheeled units and I have a giant undead warriior that smashes troops around. I also intend to have a load of fun stuff from rocket firing walkers to volley guns and bomb throwers.... and best of all, since it's all from my amagination, there is no pressure to make a unit 'just so' and no discussions on detail :)

Slanted
03-13-2009, 20:31
:O Is there a forum for this awesome stuff?

Bwian
03-13-2009, 20:49
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219418

Goncalou
03-14-2009, 03:31
Oh hey Bwian, I haven't seen you in a while and the factions in that mod on the link seem pretty cool.

Spankfurt
03-18-2009, 06:58
I did not mean any offense by anything I said Bwian! It simply mystified me. The contrast of keeping very active on a daily basis to not posting in 6 months (Doesn't mean you weren't checking :P) Just mystified me, as I keep up to date with many different communities, and they aren't that easy to leave on a whim.

Bwian
03-20-2009, 14:25
Not offended. But sometimes, things happen in life that cause you to look at things in a different way. I had more impartant business to attend to that took up my time, and to be honest...running a team was not something I wanted. It was easier for me to work alone to my own pace, rather than involving lots of people and co-ordinating their efforts. The 'team' was an extra pressure I just didn't have the time or the will to cope with.

Once you start down a team road, you can't just turn back. You can't just sack all the people who have volunteered to help and start working alone...you have to take the other option, and depart. Once you do that, though, you have to leave completely, or you end up interfering with decisions that are no longer yours to make. It's easier to make a clean break then and just not post at all.

With my current project, though, I have planned from the outset to avoid this. There will be no team, and it will be a solo effort. That way, I have no worry about managing a team, and can just do my own thing at my own pace. I'm paid to manage teams at work...so there is no relaxation there for me!

Spankfurt
03-20-2009, 19:53
Awwwwweeee Bwian :( You were probably the best modder, in the way of skins and animations, I have seen as of yet. Sorry for the way things turned out.

Lordy
03-24-2009, 22:29
Awwwwweeee Bwian :( You were probably the best modder, in the way of skins and animations, I have seen as of yet. Sorry for the way things turned out.

His skins couldn't be compaired to those of Alletuns and Krazy's but his coding/animating and skeleton work was a massive loss to this team when he left.

I'd give anything for Krazy and Alletun to be working with the russians, they are the best 2 skin artists i have seen in a mod team, but the russians have done great ammounts of work and are almost ready to launch. Would be fantastic to see Alletuns black orcs and Krazys high elf stuff in it!

Goncalou
03-25-2009, 02:49
Russians are cool and all, especially Reznov from Call of Duty World at War, but they do or at least they did, I haven't checked on it in a while, have material from Warhammer Mark of Chaos so i don't think they can do stuff like that yet. But then again I don't know much about modding.