PDA

View Full Version : Will you play ETW MP when it is released?

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
01-13-2009, 19:58
Will you play ETW MP right when it is released? I pre-ordered it, and plan on playing it on Day 1! :clown::egypt:

(First Thread/Post here also! :balloon2::balloon2:)

Emperor of Graal
01-13-2009, 21:08
It depends.
But if its a really good. I will

Veho Nex
01-13-2009, 23:07
My friends and I have always wanted to prove who is the better commander of the napolean era(I know we will be off a bit with etw) But if the mp is as buggy as M2TW you wont see me online.

Thermal
01-13-2009, 23:43
Well i probably would anyway, but with a multi player campaign theres no way i couldnt

Rhyfelwyr
01-13-2009, 23:47
I was never able to get online for MP with previous TW games, it wouldn't let me log in. :furious3:

However, I would really like to give ETW a go. :yes:

Praxil
01-13-2009, 23:59
It always depends. Will I try it? Most definitely, but to continue it has to be good.

From my experience multiplayer is as repetitive maybe even more than the singleplayer. People play like machines at least I do, I do same mostly same things all over again. And I'm not alone, because most people do same things. Those who are not doing these same things are either beginners or just simply bad at case game.

tibilicus
01-14-2009, 01:37
Most probably not. Mainly because if I want to play Empire I'll need to buy a new PC and I'm not sure if I can be bothered investing in that.

I also have my concerns that CA will again deliver a lacklustre and poor Multiplayer experience. IF this turns out not to be the case however I might consider it.

This is pretty much the general consensus from a lot of old MP players.

pevergreen
01-14-2009, 03:37
Ah Warman, lets not start the spamming of threads just yet, shall we? :grin2:

I do think multiplayer will pick up again with this. The level of tactics will simply require many tests to see what works best. The biggest issue, will be balance. If CA can get balance akin to an RTS game, it will be perfect. Server stability should be put to rest, steam has much better capabilities in that area, especially compared to Gamespy.

Belgolas
01-14-2009, 05:56
I most certainly will. But it will be first lan only or with friends only. Gonna do some crazy naval battles and like every other TW we are gonna try the most supidest things. Its gonna be fun with naval battles now :)!

peacemaker
01-14-2009, 07:23
well, we're studying this time period in histoy this year, so I figure i'll be using this game to its fullest extent, hopefully. I have no idea how well the controls and stuff will work, plus I have no idea whether or not I'll need a computer upgrade.

Ishmael
01-14-2009, 07:44
i will-but only against my friends- i utterly and sincerely suck at multiplayer. That and with the campaign multiplayer, i just couldn't resist.
Ill be doing a fair bit of practice against the ai/reading guides first though-im not quite daring enough to play it first day.
By the way, 'cashews and milk?'

Fisherking
01-14-2009, 12:52
It is usually a hassle getting everything set for MP but with a 1on 1 it might be worth a go.

Tomisama
01-14-2009, 12:56
Will you play ETW MP right when it is released? I pre-ordered it, and plan on playing it on Day 1! :clown::egypt:

Hi Wars :beam:

I'm pre-ordered also, but probably won't be able to be online until the Sunday afternoon following release.

Look for me then (if you can be there) and we’ll run this pony out, and see what she can do :charge:

Polemists
01-14-2009, 13:25
Well first day is pushing it, not to mention they have already mentioned that 1v1 multiplayer is not a release day feature but will be patched in at a later time.

So you may be playing the game on game day but no one is playing the MP Campiagn on game day.

You can still play ETW MP battles just like before online on release day.

I'll play it against a friend or two but online gaming with strategy gets to be to much kiddishness for my tastes.

Scurvy
01-14-2009, 14:56
Yes, although I will probably wait for the patch, hopefully the MP chat section will be more like STW/MTW than RTW/MTW2 also....

:2thumbsup:

01-14-2009, 16:02
Ah Warman, lets not start the spamming of threads just yet, shall we? :grin2:

I do think multiplayer will pick up again with this. The level of tactics will simply require many tests to see what works best. The biggest issue, will be balance. If CA can get balance akin to an RTS game, it will be perfect. Server stability should be put to rest, steam has much better capabilities in that area, especially compared to Gamespy.

I'm not spamming Pever. :wall: :laugh4:

Sure Tomi, I will be there! We can play and see how ETW is then :yes:.

Hopefully the servers are better stable wise. If So, it would attract a lot more people I think :yes:.

t1master
01-14-2009, 16:42
i'll be waiting for reports by folks like tomi, before i even contemplate purchasing the game.

Sir Beane
01-14-2009, 17:57
I think I'll give Multiplayer a go, if only for the naval battles.

Incidentally how many people here are interested in naval multiplayer? Because it will likely be much more balanced than land battles, given the smaller number of units. It may also be a more fun experience for inexperienced mpers, because no one has any previous naval battle experience and probably won't crush you too badly.

General SupaCrunk
01-14-2009, 20:05
I would play it with my brother, but i my internet would run out in 2 weeks. (I can only use 5300mb). So no i will not play it.

hoom
01-15-2009, 04:56
I would like to play it, but I don't know tht I'm likely to find (m)any games in my part of the world.
I'd definitely prefer to be able to choose to play specifically against people from my region rather than random locations.

Martok
01-22-2009, 08:05
As with a few others here, the possibility of my playing online will largely depend on how good the MP campaign turns out to be. I may also be tempted to fight the occasional naval battle, but the campaign will the main attraction for me.

tibilicus
01-22-2009, 17:44
I think I'll give Multiplayer a go, if only for the naval battles.

Incidentally how many people here are interested in naval multiplayer? Because it will likely be much more balanced than land battles, given the smaller number of units. It may also be a more fun experience for inexperienced mpers, because no one has any previous naval battle experience and probably won't crush you too badly.

I think CA might be capable of putting in some over powered ship i.e the Elephant land unit equivalent.. ~;)

Sir Beane
01-22-2009, 18:47
I think CA might be capable of putting in some over powered ship i.e the Elephant land unit equivalent.. ~;)

My money is on rocket ships being the over powered unit on the sea. They weren't used much and they look 'cool' so they are the perfect candidate.

RTKBarrett
01-23-2009, 18:33
Myself and RTK will become active once more :)

t1master
01-23-2009, 18:43
are elrich and boromir still around? or did they hang it up?

01-23-2009, 18:44
Myself and RTK will become active once more :)

:clown:

Total War will once again be blessed (or plagued, haven't decided :laugh4:!) with AntiWarmanCake88 with my new clan, GOTW :crown::rtwyes:.

RTKBarrett
01-23-2009, 20:31
are elrich and boromir still around? or did they hang it up?

Elrich has been MIA for a very very long time now... he popped round our forums about 18months ago i think.

pevergreen
01-24-2009, 10:10
:clown:

Total War will once again be blessed (or plagued, haven't decided :laugh4:!) with AntiWarmanCake88 with my new clan, GOTW :crown::rtwyes:.

Seriously though, why is the name...so...long.

Couldn't you cut it down to like..."GoTW||Warman888" or however many eights? It extends my screen :tongue:

Monk
01-25-2009, 03:56
Yeah I will play.

I am really looking forward to the MP changes, and I can't wait to try out the new style of warfare in ETW online against human opponents. I'm most interested in Land battles, even though Sea looks like a lot of fun I've always found land tactics to be much more compelling.

I especially can't wait for the MP campaign beta. It'll be interesting to see how some people approach the idea. Sure, you'll have the normal quick death matches between factions, but what i'm sure would be equally fun is purposely starting on opposite ends of the map from one another and building massive empires in opposition. Each side will be taking control of AI armies and desperately trying to slow the advance of their rival while trying to build frantically for the moment when their borders meet. :yes:

Should be a lot of fun.

Thermal
01-25-2009, 04:55
I suggest, if it works how we think, that after release a sub forum be made to organize hotseat campaigns between 2 players (2 being the limit, unless a patch expands that) and we could have little org wars :laugh4: say get 5 people aside all picking there sides own faction, the 5 winners out of the 10 should then have a showdown in this manner

1 v 2
3 v 4

2 winners left, and the 5th that hasn't fought yet goes against both, if he wins both he wins for his side, if he loses any hes out, in which the 2 winners fight it out.

Sorry i really must have confused you all :laugh4: enthusiasm taking over.

pevergreen
01-28-2009, 14:41
So, like a tournament!

:laugh4:

Would be a good competition.

01-28-2009, 16:36

Couldn't you cut it down to like..."GoTW||Warman888" or however many eights? It extends my screen :tongue:

\

It's my clan tag! :clown:

batemonkey
03-03-2009, 18:29
I've necer done it before, but i'm sure i'll ejoy geting my tail whipped

Mars
03-05-2009, 11:11
I wonder why people care for the era?!?!?

The game could be with wizards or bugs, spiders...whatever, i dont care. Im only interested into the playstyle, mecanics.

As u can see already, the game has tons of bugs (as usual, cant remember any TW game, without insane MP-bugs). Im goin to playtest it this weekend. If i see a light on the horizon, than i surely will wait till patch. If i cant see any future, than its just another TW game i wont buy and play.

Campaing is more than boring, just one more time the same :daisy:. We had that many times already, the game keeps same over and over again, to change the times/armys wont change the fact.

edit: http://www.amazon.de/Sega-Empire-Total-War/dp/B001F7CZDC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Even if you cant read german, u might see that tons of people give it one 1 Star rating.
Steam cause a lot of problems and people dont like to install "spysoftware".
Many people gave the game back already, it seems to be a real problem (at leas for german market).

Another interesting point is the "SP - has to go online" politic, many years the game was more or less a SP-game, people who didnt had to go online at all. Its interesting that those player are now forced to be an onlinepart ;)

koc

Sp00n
03-05-2009, 17:24
I'd love to play, if it resembles anything like the old Shogun or MTW days, however reports of no chat on game servers and lots of bugs are making me thinnk twice atm.

:furious3:

Swoosh So
03-06-2009, 17:57
Yeah im holding off too fork, maybe one day we can meet online in empire totalwar and i can actually try to beat u 1v1 for once in a totalwar game :p

Monarch
03-06-2009, 23:56

Couldn't you cut it down to like..."GoTW||Warman888" or however many eights? I

Couldn't you capitalise the P?

Plusi
03-08-2009, 10:15
I've had the game since it came out, and I daren't go into multiplayer.

I'm absolutely woeful. Last game of MP I played was Rome TW, I was Egypt against the Romans. We each started out with just under a thousand men, I think. He lost less than 200, and my army was annihilated :no:

I've never been very good at strategy games, but I still enjoy SP.