PDA

View Full Version : The Pirates of the Caribbeans

ThePianist
01-23-2009, 23:15
This would be a very interesting mod (and very unconventional map): the coast line of Southern United States starting at Florida and the Bay of Mexico, perhaps the Northern coast of South America (Guyane, Guyane Francaise and Surinam), plus all the islands in the Caribbeans.

And all the major European nations would be present. It would have a lot of ports and a lot of natural resources and a lot of navy battles. And maybe a (non-Uthman) pirate faction. Keira Knightley could be one of the princesses.

Of course, this is merely a suggestion. I don't have the mod-making talents myself. I was trying to think of all the geographical regions plus eras that haven't been portrayed in mods yet, and this is one.

Sir Beane
01-24-2009, 02:52
Good idea! I'd certainly play a mod like this. I'm extremely interested in both naval combat, island combat and pirates, so this mod would have a lot of appeal for me. :2thumbsup:

Sheogorath
01-24-2009, 20:01
I dont see how this mod could NOT get made, given ETW's emphasis on naval combat. It shouldn't be too terribly difficult, given that most of the units would already be present. All you'd really need to make models of would be pirate ships, given their tendency towards, ah, 'uniqueness'.

It'd be neat if somebody made the same mod with an emphasis on the Mediterranean instead, I think. The Barbary Pirates were an interesting lot.

Maybe use the transition-zone idea to travel between the two. That might be fun, if totally historically inaccurate.

But who cares about that? Pirates! Yaarrrrrrr! :rtwyes:

peacemaker
01-28-2009, 07:34
get me some pirates with the eye patches, funny hats, and big axes and I'll download the mod. :D

Allu X
02-15-2009, 02:53
The good thing is a campaign map wouldn't need to be made really since it is based on the world anyway,

however adding places like the Isle of whatever would be cool :) -

Port Royale is already included on the map by the way in the Caribbean.

A nice unit pack, with movie ships and captains would be a perfect little add-on in my opinion :)