PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet Thrown

Polemists
01-25-2009, 07:39
So I was pondering today, you know with this whole feburary month I now have with the release :laugh4:

I thought there should be some kind of easy post so people, can find people without having to use a silly match making system.

I mean who knows how match making will work but since it's 1v1 only, it will probably just match you up against whoever. But let's say you like to play the English, and you really want to fight someone playing as the Ottomans, and you love fight naval battles but you want to auto resolve all the land battles against the AI. So here you go, this forum thread is for that.

So each player fills out following form

Steam/Username:
Timezone:
Faction:
Game Style:
Factions you wish to face:

Example:

Steam/Username: Polemists (Same online)
Timezone: -6 GMT
Faction(s): Prussia (Austria if playable)
Game Style: All battles agianst AI auto resolve, all pc battles for first 50-100 turns non auto.
Factions you wish to face: Any takers

So there you go, then you can just pop on, and go, oh hey, i'm on then and want to fight Prussia and auto resolve stuff, pm.

Maybe this is a worthless idea but hey i'm bored :smash:

Monk
01-25-2009, 08:15
Hm. I like it!

While the MP campaign won't be out of box from my understanding, it'll go through a beta first, i think it's about time we as a community started to think about organizing ourselves a little better in prep for the release. After all, the release is getting closer with each day that passes. :yes: Besides, it'll be good to know a few IDs of .Orgahs to get some games going on day one with normal MP.

Anyway here's mine.

SteamID: monk643
Username: SmartyJones (in game tag. I might change this to Monk when Empire hits ~D)
Timezone: -5 GMT
Faction: Russia
Game Style: Open to all terms. Preference for fighting out land battles for sure.
Factions you wish to face: Taking all challengers.

pevergreen
01-25-2009, 12:44
Steam/Username: pevergreen (should be the same on Steam, havent used for a while
Timezone: +10 GMT
Faction(s): Whatever that one with the like...howizters in the MP trailer
Game Style: Whatever, would like to fight all battles that consist of a decent amount of units
Factions you wish to face: I will destroy anyone. RAWR.

tibilicus
01-25-2009, 13:54
SteamID: tib123
Username: Tibilicus
Timezone: 0 GMT
Faction: Don't know yet most likely British
Game Style: Whatever when ever. I don't mind.
Factions you wish to face: France. Lets see you disrupt my colonies now!

Martok
01-26-2009, 05:31
Steam/Username: TWMartok (same for both)
Timezone: -6 GMT
Faction(s): Britain, Prussia
Game Style: Would ideally like to fight most/all battles, but I'm really pretty open as far as that's concerned.
Factions you wish to face: Any. I'll take on anyone and lose badly. ~;p