PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Extended Mod

pevergreen
01-27-2009, 16:06
Why hello there!

Vanilla Extended Mod (VEM) aims to follow in the footsteps of the bestest mod ever for Medieval 2: Total War, Vanilla Mod, by Factionheir.

Its concept, is to keep the vanilla gameplay intact, but to fix any bugs that may come out, as well as adding in new lands. The core mod will be kept small, so it won't be adding new units or factions, just fixes and a bigger map!

And if I get someone offering to do units or something, maybe a few cool new units.

Expect gameplay to be harder, units to be balanced and Australia. :grin2:

G'day mate,
pever.

Sir Beane
01-27-2009, 16:19
BEST MOD EVER! And it hasn't even been released yet.

May I suggest following in the footsteps of bigmap and Regions and Provinces by enlarging the map and then using the limitless number of provinces allowed to make the game truly huge!

Imagine the possiblities with no hardcoded region limit!

I'd also like to see some of the small islands and island chains made into provinces. Such as the Bahamas, much of the Caribbean and places like the Hebrides and Svalbard. Not to mention Indonesia!

If you need help with writing flavor text such as unit descriptions and similar stuff then I can help. I can also edit CA's text for grammar and spelling. :2thumbsup:

This mod will be the best. :2thumbsup:

pevergreen
01-27-2009, 16:56
Yes, the aim is to eventually add all the world. It will, unfortunately, most likely be populated with a-historical units (anti-historical?) as I don't think implementing entire factions is something we can do easily.

Once getting a feel for the map, that will decide if it needs to be bigger or not.

lenin96
01-28-2009, 04:49
It will, unfortunately, most likely be populated with a-historical units (anti-historical?).

So will you include elephants with rocket launchers?:beam:

peacemaker
01-28-2009, 07:36
mm sounds fun. I had rtw's vbm, worked great. once i get the game ill be sure to check this place to see if its done.

pevergreen
01-28-2009, 08:33

If they are in the game, sure why not.

As for my actual meaning, I had meant just...I can explain in RTW terms.

Image if I added Australia to RTW, instead of making a new faction, I would just fill it with low level basic units, that don't fit the theme and would not be there in history. Just so they are not empty cities.

ConnMon
01-28-2009, 13:57
This mod sounds amazing, and Empire hasnt even some out yet! Probably the first one I'll download. Keep up the good work :2thumbsup:

Ishmael
02-02-2009, 10:15

Nah, if you're going to include Australia you've gotta make uber cheat kangaroos! (yes, with rocket launchers). :laugh4:

Sir Beane
02-02-2009, 16:37
Nah, if you're going to include Australia you've gotta make uber cheat kangaroos! (yes, with rocket launchers). :laugh4:

Surely you mean with rocket boomerang launchers. :tongue:

Zoring
02-07-2009, 03:42
Well if we have American indians, they could stand in for Aboriginies vaguely. Better then having musketmen down there anyhow.

I mean the aboriginies never organized at all to resist colonial aims, but for gameplay sake.

pevergreen
02-07-2009, 04:44
They werent happy about it, but they couldn't do much. There was still fighting.

I believe they were shouting "Go away! Go away!" when the british were landing.

ratbarf
02-23-2009, 00:17
I thought there was one or two battles or at least larger scale skirmeshes with the aboriginies?

Also, will you at least be adding historical personalities? Much like in the kingdoms expansion?

pevergreen
02-23-2009, 01:36
Thats a possibility.

richyg13
02-23-2009, 11:53
I like the idea of this mod...

So if CA (or third party developoers) make it easy to add new units, 3d models etc. then I'm willing to do some of the art for you.

Secondly, have you thought of adding Japan and/or the rest of Asia?

pevergreen
02-23-2009, 13:17
I have, I do hope to do the entire world eventually.

Come by the mod subfourm https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=275 and post some more ideas if you have them!

Maleficus
03-11-2009, 23:23
How about making each turn only 3 months, like on EB?

pevergreen
03-12-2009, 01:47
I have no desire to have a 400 turn game.

Nor to double build times.

Maleficus
03-12-2009, 15:25
I have no desire to have a 400 turn game.

Nor to double build times.

Fair enough, but on the other hand, if you're adding loads of regions, you need time to conquer them all.....

miniwally
03-12-2009, 23:01
i'd like to help but i don't know how to mod stuff farest i got was modding RTW and making a new map with a tutorial :(

tsubame
05-13-2009, 10:31
Great Idea !

Please keep us updated. :yes:

pevergreen
05-13-2009, 10:42
Hi there tsubame. ~:wave:

We have a subforum located at: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=275

Work is slow at the moment, but may speed up in the future, if official modding tools are released and I don't have to redo all the work every time the game patches.

tsubame
05-13-2009, 11:01
Thanks pevergreen.

I'll take good note of the link provided. :)

guanfangfang
04-05-2011, 15:00
I would like to help, but do not know how far I was modding stuff mod RTW and make a new map tutorial