PDA

View Full Version : Mod Tools

Mailman653
02-09-2009, 06:25
I was wondering since ETW is running a new engine (I think) then I suppose all the old mod tools for previous TW games might not work. I was wondering if mod tools would ship with the game or would we have to wait a while to see things of the like. I know ETW is supposed to be easy to mod, but if the files are locked in some kind of format that we can't open, I wonder how long would we have to wait. :book:

pevergreen
02-09-2009, 07:55
SDK and mod tools generally come out months after a games release. I expect them at the second patch, at the latest, probably the first patch.

ratbarf
02-23-2009, 00:13
I beleive they have already confirmed mod tools though they are not sure whether to ship the with the game or shortly afterwards.

arrionn
02-26-2009, 11:43
YES

Graphic
03-07-2009, 08:26
http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/46690

Bump this if you want official answers.

It looks like the community relations manager got caught in a lie in a live Q&A, stating that the game will be totally moddable with no tools. It makes me question alltogether whether or not we'll get tools.

pevergreen
03-07-2009, 08:43
I was there for that entire Q&A. There is a log of it posted by me in Parliament. He didnt lie.

We can mod it. Can we do much? We just havent built our own stuff yet, because we don't know whats going on.

Its a new engine.

Argent Usher
03-08-2009, 20:01
I was there for that entire Q&A. There is a log of it posted by me in Parliament. He didnt lie.

We can mod it. Can we do much? We just havent built our own stuff yet, because we don't know whats going on.

Its a new engine.

Can you give me the link please.

CA promise us we will get a SDK soon :inquisitive: and we could modding more and better all things as in the former TW games - well we will see but i am sceptic here.

IMO the Kieran Brigden statement is definitely a misinformation, CA said surely it isn't easy to mod but if CA has meaned we have to mod only with hex editors from now - i would say this SUCKS.

Suraknar
03-08-2009, 20:15
While I am looking forward to the SDK and Mod Tools...

I have to admit that I would be willing to wait a bit, this is not only a new engine but also a new game play experience (which is really fun) so I would like to get to know it first and then form a more informed modding plan on what to mod, rather than jump right in to it without fully playing the game and Mod just for the sake of Modding.

I know this opinion may not be shared by many if any, but it is how I feel about it at this time.

Cheers!

pevergreen
03-08-2009, 23:03
Can you give me the link please.

I'm at work, but if you search for threads started by me with the word 'live' in the title, you should get it. All the log is in the first post.

ljperreira
03-17-2009, 05:19
I dont know if this has been posted anywhere else, but ive found what is for me the first actual confirmation that CA will be releasing mod tools at TWC here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546&page=23) (the very first post on this page).

Mailman653
03-17-2009, 05:50
I wonder what they will present us with since modding the data in a certain kind of way wasn't what they had in mind.

pevergreen
03-17-2009, 05:54
Ooh, so we wont even have to unpack. Nifty.