View Full Version : So Close

Tomisama
02-20-2009, 02:25
So close you could tase it...

http://www.empire-total-war.org/2009/02/empire-total-war-demo-leaked/

:yes:

pevergreen
02-20-2009, 02:59
Oh no, the release is today, 20th of Feb.

Tomisama
02-20-2009, 12:40
Oh no, the release is today, 20th of Feb.

Indeed it is :thumbsup:

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/42851

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
02-20-2009, 16:02
I can't wait!! :clown:

KrooK
02-21-2009, 23:48
played tutorial and one field battle

first impression - demo is .... horrid.
big problems with starting game (despite I have new computer with newest drivers)
battle is starting for ages (like higher)
i didn't see loose formation
controls and control sustem - one battle is nothing but i'm a bit suspicious - when im changing order from fire to meele attack something is different
graphic - its like fairy tale - nice green land for children :(
panel - orders are bit better than mtw2 but unit views is tragic - especially when im making groups
ai - as stupid as it was - when i was flanking computer it sent soldiers against me - not all same time but into rows per 3 or 4 units, another remark is that computer is not turning its cannon when my units are into range (even when beetwen us is hill and forest).
cavarly problem - i have really bad feelings. into demo we didn't have bigger cavarly units on open area = forest everywhere and its hard to check charge. but when my 4 cav units can kill similar number of enemy infantry into forest with loses about 50 - 60 % - it can be problem

all in all - something tells me we will see some patches

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
02-22-2009, 00:49
Took me forever to load! I only got 2 Gig of RAM and 2.8 GHZ, but still, it should not have taken THIS long!

KozaK13
02-22-2009, 01:23
I was surprised to find that i liked what i saw and the load times for me were roughly 2-5 mins so quite tolerable. Also that it works on my comp fairly smoothly on medium.

I have found something that i took forgranted in Med 2 and Rome. You cant zoom across the battle field by double clicking where you want to go.
Plus i find for the first time in TW i have to occaisionally use the pause button. This may mean more chaotic MP battles, but hopefully not.
Though naval seems to be alright occaisionally my plan is ruined by a ship or two just going off on its or thier own somewhere.

tibilicus
02-22-2009, 01:37
Took me forever to load! I only got 2 Gig of RAM and 2.8 GHZ, but still, it should not have taken THIS long!

If I remember looking at your specs in a thread and comparing them to mine I had a marginly better pc than you but I can relate to the long load times.

Not sure how it is for you but once the battle had loaded it ran fine on low and medium settings.

CBR
02-22-2009, 01:38
The short missile ranges means very low reaction time that's for sure. Plus cav appears to have gone back to RTW speeds (very fast) for at least the lighter types.

I'm sure lots of people will love it, but I doubt I'll find much enjoyment in such gameplay.

CBR

Kalle
02-22-2009, 11:10
I played the landbattle twice and Im happy to say I liked it. It felt so much better then rtw and mtwII both with controls and speed. True one can make good use of the cav units but the enemy inf flee fast from my own inf aswell so I dont think it really matters in this demo what units I use.

And its only a demo but compared with the rtw demo this is superb. (loadingtimes are horrid yes, i thought something was wrong with my comp at first, but once it loaded it ran smooth without any lag)

If "multiplayer-infrastructure" is equally to my liking (in game chat, not always lag or connections issues and so on) I think there are great times ahead.

Im definitly buying the game.

Kalle