PDA

View Full Version : Esprit de Corps

Tomisama
02-26-2009, 03:36
Please come join in the fun, our Historical Battles Competition needs you.

Maybe you are too good of a player, and don’t want to show anybody up, and make them feel bad. Or maybe you are really lame at this so far, and don’t want anybody to know. In either case we still want you to participate, and you should anyway for the Spirit of the Thing!

It doesn’t matter how good or not good you are, it’s that you play the game to the best of your current ability. Celebrate those better than you are now, and do what you can to lift those who have not learned what you have yet. We are Multiplayers, that “means” Community!

Come, contribute your scores to our Demo practices (you don’t need a screen shot to join in this one). Take part, and enjoy the camaraderie. The Esprit de Corps of the Org Multiplayer Community :charge:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=279

gollum
02-26-2009, 04:07
Nice one. If i maysay so its actually e s p r i t de corps, esprit being spirit in French of course as i am sure you know (and corps body - used in French to also describe a military unit). Freely translated "esprit de corps" would be something along "team spirit".

!it burnsus!

Tomisama
02-26-2009, 13:07
My French language experience is all but non existent :embarassed:

You should hear me trying to pronounce the Generals names at the battle of Waterloo :laugh4:

But I hope you appreciate what was intended as the “spirit” of what should have been titled Esprit de Corps.

It even sounds more French now, thanks!

Please join in the fun, and submit a demo battle score (in French or English :wink: )