PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with alot of things

NagatsukaShumi
07-21-2002, 16:20
Well let's see...... newbies can occassionally be ignored with their views, simply because they have a little bit or writing that proves their new here, that is something we must mend if we hope to achieve a peaceful environment, I certainly didn't enjoy been ignored quite a bit when I was a newbie.

People can get a bit too angry a bit too easily and some people take a joke to far and others don't take a joke very well and see it as an insult instead, that needs to be dealt with.

That's about all I have on my mind right now.

Kas
07-21-2002, 17:42
It's in my humble opinion the worst time to start pointing at eachother...though I can understand it, because we live in troubled times now.

The MTW release is exiting and most players and clans welcome it, but it also means stress, confusion and a huge amount of work for webmasters and senior clanmembers/bosses.

Most of us remember the chaos after the introduction of MI...clans died or suffered badly.

This community will benefit from those who stay cool now.
It's important to stick together, support eachother...try to prevent infighting....talk...talk...talk.

Try to understand eachother and work on solutions, don't get edgy...count to 10 if needed.

Thanks,
Kas http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Have respect for other opinions

Dom
07-21-2002, 22:41
Well, Kas, I know where Shumi is coming from. Once he got here, he set out on some project, don't remember what it was, some modding stuff I wasn't interested in, but what I remember about it was the response from one of the senior members of the community.

It went something like this:

You haven't been around a lot and you are too new and too little known to get people to help you and to listen to you.

If somewhat re-phrased, it was the actual and straightforward message. I remember it cuz I was designing the campaign at the time and had started to get worried about my own success.

On the other hand, Shumi, asking people to be nice to everyone and listen to/accept anyone's views is naive. I was a newbie myself but, by behaving in a proper way have earned many friends and allies in the community.

The key to adapting to the community is trying to find compromises on different issues and trying not to put across too many radical and inflexible views/suggestions. Once you do so, you know what you are in for and what to expect.

For example your pro-Baltic/Lithuanian views are in direct conflict with my pro-Ukrainian ones, (please, this is just an example, don't even bother responding). So when you are making posts try to think of all the implication they can carry with them.

I believe that our solution should lay not in the scrapping of the vet/noob status (nor it is practically possible) but in the .Org patrons and modderators blancing out the forums through guidance and moderating.

And the community members adapting a tone that is capable of compromise. Once you get into that mindset yourself you will not be overly concerned with the flames that spark here and there and if you want to start a flame - try farting on a candle.

To conclude: nobody is perfect and from time to time situations arise when some people want to flex their fingers and let some of their frustrations out in a manner they deem appropriate, but unless they directly affect you, I suggest ignoring them. The peace of mind should start with ourselves and then doing some work on others.

Regards, Ryurik.

NagatsukaShumi
07-22-2002, 00:38
Well now you know why I never suceeded with my idea, simply because been told no one would really be bothered if I made it or not made me just give up thinking I'd do all that work for nothing, which was a bit stupid on my part, and i'm not going to reply to any comments, their your views and your entitled to them.