PDA

View Full Version : VanillaMod & Kingdoms - again

stranger_2
03-05-2009, 19:19
Hi FactionHeir!

First of all thanks for your great mod - it's the first one ever (i mean - since shogun) I decided to give a try - and all the great work you've done.

Secondly I'm trying to use MV with Kingdoms and I have few quetions. I made a .bat looking like this:

kingdoms.exe @VanillaMod.cfg --features.mod=mods/crusades

I run it and - voila - crusades starts and runs smoothly. The problems is I'm not sure if it really runs in VM mode or not.

So my first question is: how can I check if it does? Compare the number of agents with smth?

Another one is - do you think my .bat makes sense? Or maybe it should rather look like:

kingdoms.exe --features.mod=mods/crusades @VanillaMod.cfg ?

FactionHeir
03-05-2009, 20:26
Hi stranger_2,

Unfortunately VanillaMod will not work with Kingdoms's small campaigns - it should work with a Kingdoms.exe Grand Campaign without problems though. Reason is that the small campaigns are mods in their own right. In addition, they have their own scripts and unique traits that would conflict with VanillaMod ones.

Hope that helps

stranger_2
03-11-2009, 22:52
thanks for the answer FactionHeir!

Unfortunately VanillaMod will not work with Kingdoms's small campaigns

Oops, that's so bad... would it be possible then to use at least parts of it, like your improved 2H animations?

FactionHeir
03-12-2009, 01:40
Hmmm I don't think even those would work with the kingdoms small campaigns because mangonels have an additional animation I think, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You can certainly try using the anims and they can be used at any point during a campaign, so you can always change back.

Umeboshi
04-17-2009, 20:50
I too would be interested in the idea of using the Vanilla Mod with the Kingdoms exe (that is, to simply substitute the 1.5 for the 1.2 exe), so that I could play the vanilla mod for the Grand Campaign, but also take advantage of some the enhancements that Kingdoms exe has added (e.g., controllable reinforcements, additional scripting commands, etc.).

So, my question is, are there any items that have been fixed in the Vanilla mod that Creative Assembly has addressed in the Kindgoms 1.4 or 1.5 exe? (Since any such fixes might require changes in the Vanilla Mod files to make them compatible with the 1.5 exe).

For an example of what I mean, in the discussion of the Retfrofit mod 1.0 at TWC, Unspoken Knight noted that the Kingdoms exe fixed the existing bug that the the global starting action points were not overridden by the particular character type starting action points in one of the AI files.

FactionHeir
04-17-2009, 23:00
I have pretty much fixed anything that is not hardcoded.