PDA

View Full Version : Shogun clans - Empire clans

Swoosh So
03-10-2009, 09:43
Any old clans thinking of reforming for this installment of totalwar? I think i will end up buying the game soon and may speak with old wolves members about reforming for this game if theyre interested in playing as a clan again or perhaps its time for something fresh and new for ETW.

Kansuke
03-10-2009, 11:48
Hoowl SWwoooooooooosh!

Maybe I see you soon:beam:

Kans.

KrooK
03-10-2009, 12:27
Nice - you will be interesting enemy.

Tomisama
03-10-2009, 12:43
Played in a 4v4 on the UK server last night with UglyGoat and Elmo (we are all in the States, but this seems to be the server of choice right now for evening play).

We havent done that in maybe 4 years. It was Grand :charge:

I am seeing many names I havent seen in even longer.

I expect many Clans will come back together.

:campfire:

AggonyDuck
03-10-2009, 13:06
Well I'm not really either golden or an oldie, but I'm playing. :2thumbsup:

AggonyDuck
03-10-2009, 13:12
Well Aggony is still strong and active. ~:)

Kenchi_Sulla
03-10-2009, 16:22
There are three Kenchi active already, perhaps more will come.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-10-2009, 17:30
Me :clown:!

Monarch
03-10-2009, 17:36
Hi, currently we have "so which golden oldies...are going to be playing ETW", "STW/MTW Vets: Now that you've played the demo, any hope?", "Remnants of Chaos" and now this one. I realise the old community love to revel in past glories, but four threads is kinda overdoing it.

gollum
03-10-2009, 17:42
Originally posted by Monarch
I realise the old community love to revel in past glories, but four threads is kinda overdoing it.

Well, part of the reason its that this is the nature of the mp forums - threads lack focus of topic and diverge when there are other threads with the same title.

There isnt anything wrong with the old mp community getting together though and far less with making threads about it.

The *past glories* in any case are relived online.

Andres
03-10-2009, 19:13
Hi, currently we have "so which golden oldies...are going to be playing ETW", "STW/MTW Vets: Now that you've played the demo, any hope?", "Remnants of Chaos" and now this one. I realise the old community love to revel in past glories, but four threads is kinda overdoing it.

I don't see anything wrong with a thread dedicated to renewing old friendships :shrug:

As long as we all stay nice and friendly to each other, with respect to both newcomers and old time players, all is fine.

But point taken.

I'll merge the "Shogun clans - Empire clans"-thread with the "So which golden oldies who i know are going to be playing ETW?"-thread since both serve the same purpose : to find old friends back and have fun together once more.

Swoosh So, if you want me to give this thread another title, then just drop me a pm :bow:

Kenchi_Sulla
03-10-2009, 19:55

Anybody seen Monsta?

KrooK
03-10-2009, 22:25
You mean loud Wolf? Hope to see him again. Quite interesting man.

Anyway Sulla - nice to see Kenchi again.
Is Mordred playing?

Kenchi_Sulla
03-10-2009, 23:10
He is a bit busy, but thinking about it last I heard...

03-11-2009, 15:07
Hoowl SWwoooooooooosh!

Kans.

Be interstig to face you Kansuke, my old Wolf friend. You got me back on the new .net when I was first banned there, right? I still remember that! Ever since then I like you! :laugh4: :crown:

Togakure
03-12-2009, 00:53
Hoowl SWwoooooooooosh!

Kans.
Hi Kansuke. Nice to see a respected familiar face from MI past stop in. It's been a long time.

Sp00n
03-12-2009, 17:12
Some of us have discussed it, not all have the game and others are not very impressed with MP at the moment.

I myself hav'nt played it much and havnt tried MP yet,kinda been putoff by some reports so far (no chat etc).

I'd love to see Takiyama reform (I know they've been playing Shogun mod for ages without me as I'm slack), it's early days yet though.

Nice to see some old faces around, hope everyones well, really do miss the community aspect of Shogun and MTW, tips hat to Mizus,and the old Wolfies and Fears, not seen though Magy he still around?.

MizuSp00n/ EuroSp00n/ LinkSp00n

:juggle2:

Mars
03-12-2009, 17:35
Some of us have discussed it, not all have the game and others are not very impressed with MP at the moment.

I myself hav'nt played it much and havnt tried MP yet,kinda been putoff by some reports so far (no chat etc).

I'd love to see Takiyama reform (I know they've been playing Shogun mod for ages without me as I'm slack), it's early days yet though.

Nice to see some old faces around, hope everyones well, really do miss the community aspect of Shogun and MTW, tips hat to Mizus,and the old Wolfies and Fears, not seen though Magy he still around?.

MizuSp00n/ EuroSp00n/ LinkSp00n

:juggle2:

Wolves speak about it, we might get back, lets see...
It looks good, yes, but still, lets wait some more and judge in a few weeks.

Koc

tgi01
03-12-2009, 23:08
We have 4 active members ( Sulla, Tib , Subadai and yours truly ) and 2-3 more coming ...

and total playing time for the 4 members : Empire: Total War 180.9 hrs ( mostly MP of course )

as a comparison we stopped playing Rome after a cpl of hours .... mtw2 aftera cpl of days ...

so yes ther is huge room for improvement but its worth a try ...

TGI

LittleGrizzly
03-13-2009, 02:10
Hooowwwll wolves... and some other golden oldies...im quite possibly going to get the game soon, im intrested in single player at the very least but this sounds as if there is some hope and fun to be had back with the old gang... ill probably wait out the patching situation... if the game can be patched well and can come close to the old standards i will certainly make the purchase and join you all... i think its been five years or longer since i played total war online...

RTKBarrett
03-13-2009, 14:23
We have 4 active members ( Sulla, Tib , Subadai and yours truly ) and 2-3 more coming ...

and total playing time for the 4 members : Empire: Total War 180.9 hrs ( mostly MP of course )

as a comparison we stopped playing Rome after a cpl of hours .... mtw2 aftera cpl of days ...

so yes ther is huge room for improvement but its worth a try ...

TGI

Was nice to actually play some kenchis earlier :)

tgi01
03-13-2009, 17:59
Just to correct myself : some of our members did play mtw2 for a couple of months ....
be4 giving up on it ...

TGI

Hunter KIng George
03-13-2009, 21:45
And whatever happened to Nem? He was active for a bit in VI couple months ago...

subadai
03-14-2009, 02:59
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Storm_Of_Shields
03-14-2009, 22:15
Interesting to seem some faces I havent seen or chatted with since the Old .Net closed. Anyway looking forward to having some games with some of you old coots provided i ever get this stupid Steam to let me play online :dizzy2:

AMP
03-17-2009, 18:57
What's up everyone!

I haven't visited this site in 2yrs and it's pretty badass to see it's still up and to see some old faces
from the beginning of TW days :)

I might get ETW and if i do it'd be pretty chill to play once again with some of the oldies!

STW & MTW VI required skill.. will ETW require it in multi? RTW and MTW2 I couldn't play longer than a day online..

gollum
03-17-2009, 19:09
~:eek:

AMP! :cheerleader: AMP! :cheerleader: AMP! :cheerleader:

welcome back :beam:

Judge
03-17-2009, 20:04
i see many old faces from mtw/vi also, this is great and strikes fear into me, but i still take to the field and wear my Aggony name with PRIDE :):charge:

LittleGrizzly
03-18-2009, 12:26
AMP... at the mere mention of the name highly skilled generals flee in terror!

Hope to see you on ETW MP when i get it.... maybe you could come back and give us your opinion on how much skill it needs....

Swoosh So
03-18-2009, 13:10
Nice to see lots of old faces, ill be buying etw when i buy my new pc in a few weeks and popping online to test it out.

Hey amp not spoken to ages how are you? which games you dominating now?

Paolai
03-18-2009, 13:43
STW & MTW VI required skill.. will ETW require it in multi? RTW and MTW2 I couldn't play longer than a day online..

Naval battles are quite interesting.

KrooK
03-18-2009, 14:03
AMP - maybe you did not discover mtw 2 and rtw well.
Some aspects of game required much more skill than mtw 1 or stw.

Sp00n
03-18-2009, 18:19
What's up everyone!

I haven't visited this site in 2yrs and it's pretty badass to see it's still up and to see some old faces
from the beginning of TW days :)

I might get ETW and if i do it'd be pretty chill to play once again with some of the oldies!

Amp :) I can still recall those Yari armies in Shogun.

Jochi Khan
03-18-2009, 18:45
AMP and sp00n

Long time no see.

All the TotalWar games had their skills in different ways. I think the same will be found with E:TW.
Unfortunately the loss of the Lobby, you will find, will make meeting up a lot more difficult.

AMP
03-18-2009, 18:57
Hmmm... would be nice to play with you guys again in a new TW, but this demo... :/ I'll have to give it more time I guess.

AMP... at the mere mention of the name highly skilled generals flee in terror!

LittleGrizzly aren't you all grown up now? No need to fear me because you know the only reason I was good at TW is because I put alot of time into the game and I'm sure if the others put just as much time into the game they'd be just as good no? ETW I'll be noob all over again... just a grunt like everyone else :)

Hey amp not spoken to ages how are you? which games you dominating now?

Hey Swoosh I'm all good just doing the normal gaming and working. You guys are making me out to be better than what I really was... I'm not dominating anything, but I do play World in Conflict and Dawn of War 2 with some new online buddies that I've made after TW.

Naval battles are quite interesting.

Paolai only just interesting? I guess it's only just a few common sense clicks and cross your fingers hope you win type deal along with pretty graphics? :P

AMP - maybe you did not discover mtw 2 and rtw well.
Some aspects of game required much more skill than mtw 1 or stw.

Krook the multiplayer battles? Hmmm... would've been nice to compare replays of multiplayer battles from both to see that. The R P S isn't as strong and seemed more about which faction and units you picked that won you the game. I prefer how well you can play with just about any setup to be the deciding factor. Not everyones view on what skill is the same though.

BTW - are there replays for ETW multiplayer and camerafreedom?

Jochi Khan
03-18-2009, 20:55
BTW - are there replays for ETW multiplayer and camerafreedom?

Yes and Yes. The options are there.

Swoosh So
03-18-2009, 22:44
"Hey Swoosh I'm all good just doing the normal gaming and working. You guys are making me out to be better than what I really was... I'm not dominating anything, but I do play World in Conflict and Dawn of War 2 with some new online buddies that I've made after TW."

:) Noones making you out to be better than you were hun :P you were always 2nd best behind wolves :p

Joking aside the reason most of the old players remember you with respect is that you were for sure a top 3 player for a long time and very modest about your skills and never caught up in the more agressive side of compeditive games. Not many players could play a 2v2 using 2 pcs and 2 armies and beat above avg opponents :D

Did you give up on call of duty btw? was thinking to buy the new one when i get my new pc also :)

Btw you may be interested to know that ca are working on true multiplayer campaigns to be added in the patch, i remember we had fun with the old multiplayer campaign me and u setup so if u fancy some games when it comes out give me a shout.

Will you be trying out the game? Demo is quite a poor build with slow load times so i wouldent judge it by that at all. Personally i havent even tried the demo yet waiting on new pc first which i will get in 2-3 weeks.

Amp send me a pm with your msn i think i lost it or is it still ampmortog@ blah blah?

Btw anyone know what happened to shingenmitch2? or which games hes playing now?

Sp00n ur post count is terrible for being a member since 2001!! do ur talking on the battlefield eh? :)

At krook i have to disagree tbh i found rtw a joke sure it was faster but that was no problem to people with any skill, the tactics felt limited and many factors from the previous titles were simply lost and games were decided by army setup in many many cases. It was easily seen when many of us werent active and were beating the best active players with about 60-70% win ratios. Battles were mostly all the same and on that same darn map flat lifeless boring map whereas in shogun terrain was such a big factor in the games and not just for the defender.

TosaInu
03-18-2009, 23:26
Hello AMP,

How are you?

Puzz3D
03-19-2009, 00:51
Btw anyone know what happened to shingenmitch2?
He got married.

Swoosh So
03-19-2009, 05:18
Hehe yukki is that game over? :p

Knowing mitch he probably has a secret command bunker under his house where he does shogun board games plans his strategys etc b4 hes called to dinnner :)

Puzz3D
03-19-2009, 08:28
removed

Swoosh So
03-19-2009, 08:41
Hehe yukki i mean with shingenmitch2 getting married was that game over for him? :) nm interesting post about the samwars :D

Puzz3D
03-19-2009, 09:03
Hehe yukki i mean with shingenmitch2 getting married was that game over for him? :)
No. He just switched to a different game.

Paolai
03-19-2009, 13:35
Paolai only just interesting? I guess it's only just a few common sense clicks and cross your fingers hope you win type deal along with pretty graphics? :P

Well I said "quite interesting" cause I am playing ETW naval battles just from few days(15 days or so). Imho they are very tactic, luck is a minor factor. Fast clicking? Not at all. Battles are quite slow, you have time to think and adapt to your opponent if you are loosing, or if your opponet change his strategy cause he is loosing. Micro is important, but as I said it is not a clickfest. YOu can move your fleet in groups (they retain the formation) or do it ship by ship. Doing it ship by ship gives you a great advantage cause you can change formation manually otherwise you cannot. I never use groups, I prefer give commands ship by ship for that reason. It is not easy, but is not hard at all.
So far I have played about 90 quick matches (I play JUST quick matches):
I love quick matches, system gives you the fleet and decides era and money. You have to adapt fast to all the setups. The one who does less mistakes win, for me is enough to have fun.

AMP
03-19-2009, 19:00
So we're got replays and camerafreedom built into the game and gonna have a mp campaign as well soon. That's what I like to hear.

Swoosh - I'll hit you up again on msn. CoD never bothered after CoD:UO cause I didn't like the feel for it just didn't suit me. I'll meet you on the battlefield once again if I see more good feedback about the gameplay.

Tosa - I'm fine thanks and it's good to see you again. :)

Puzz3D - still here as well nice... and are you getting ETW?

Well I said "quite interesting" cause I am playing ETW naval battles just from few days(15 days or so). Imho they are very tactic, luck is a minor factor. Fast clicking? Not at all. Battles are quite slow, you have time to think and adapt to your opponent if you are loosing, or if your opponet change his strategy cause he is loosing. Micro is important, but as I said it is not a clickfest. YOu can move your fleet in groups (they retain the formation) or do it ship by ship. Doing it ship by ship gives you a great advantage cause you can change formation manually otherwise you cannot. I never use groups, I prefer give commands ship by ship for that reason. It is not easy, but is not hard at all.
So far I have played about 90 quick matches (I play JUST quick matches):
I love quick matches, system gives you the fleet and decides era and money. You have to adapt fast to all the setups. The one who does less mistakes win, for me is enough to have fun.

Paolai very nice that's what I like to hear. +1 on that

Puzz3D
03-19-2009, 19:16
Puzz3D - still here as well nice... and are you getting ETW?
I don't plan on getting it.

Cheetah
03-19-2009, 19:58
Hey, let me join the throng!

A.M.P.! :cheerleader: A.M.P.! :cheerleader: A.M.P.! :cheerleader:

:clown:

Heh, nice to see you around.

03-19-2009, 20:17
All these old timers I got to get into the ring with and beat, I need more heads in my Samurai Head Collection.

:crown:

Jochi Khan
03-20-2009, 01:24
However, a number of the active players left to make their own version of the mod changing the unit stats of the Japanese units which I opposed. So, we no longer play regularly on once a week at this time because we don't have enough mp players interested in playing this mod.

Sorry for posting off-topic but this quote needs correcting.

The number of active players who are quoted as left to make their own version of the mod were the ones who wanted to re-introduced the Mongols back into the game. After all, it was barocca's mod and that was what he wanted.

At this time there was no change of unit stats to the Japanese units.

The ones who left were the ones who objected to this change and decided that they no longer wanted to play. Even to the point of no longer posting replies in the Samurai Warlords sub forum.

Puzz3D
03-20-2009, 11:28
removed

Andres
03-20-2009, 11:56
Sorry for the interuption, but may I suggest to hold discussions on modification(s) of MTW and STW in the appropriate subfora?

Sp00n
03-20-2009, 12:12
"
Sp00n ur post count is terrible for being a member since 2001!! do ur talking on the battlefield eh? :)

:) Thought I normally did when we played :)

It is shocking though

Waves to Jochi

ChaosMerlin
03-25-2009, 13:46
is it true that there's no chat lobby? how does that work?

gollum
03-25-2009, 14:32
Welcome back, it works like this;

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=114166

Dare
03-25-2009, 15:27
Howwlll Swoosh and Paolai :yes: . Ofcourse also nice to see some main competitors like AMP and Sp00n here.

Great to see some old wolves still active! Yesterday I got the copy of ETW and will find out if its capable of reaching the STW standards we all look for. I did a search on our old website for Magy and Kocmoc but no sign of life there. Anyone still got some contact information to reach them?

Cheers!

gollum
03-25-2009, 15:30
Welcome back, Kocmoc is registered under the name Mars - so i guess dropping him a pm will do the rest.

You may want to consider registering in the official org ETW mp group led by Tomisama.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etwmp

:bow:

TosaInu
03-27-2009, 08:38
Hello Dare,

How are you?

Dare
03-28-2009, 16:17
Hi TosaInu,

Nice to see you're also still around after 9 years. You continued playing the other TW's? I will have the time to play alot like in the old days, so hoping for the same experiences.

The Hun
03-28-2009, 21:34
How about your younger brother?....Does he still play?

TosaInu
03-28-2009, 22:34
Hi TosaInu,

Nice to see you're also still around after 9 years. You continued playing the other TW's? I will have the time to play alot like in the old days, so hoping for the same experiences.

Hello,

MP: MTW, VI, several of its mods, a few RTW, BI to test something for a modification, 2 M2TW, 2 Kingdoms, 2-4 for a M2TW/Kingdoms modification. So, officially yes :)

Postino
03-29-2009, 01:02
YOu guys probably don't remember me, I don't even remember what clan I was in during MTW1 and the first bits of Rome(either it was aggony or we fought aggony a lot).

Either way I am playing ETW mp and enjoying it; I haven't seen any issues that cannot be countered(I haven't been able to do a cavalry sweep...yet). I know some of you older gents have misgivings and I wouldn't count myself as an expert(I never liked using muskets), but they way CA balanced this version in mp is...well, 'better' is all I'll own up to for now.

Hope to see you guys online, I would love to get my arse kicked by Wolves(again).

gollum
03-29-2009, 01:05
Welcome back postino, consider signing in the org mp steam community if interested.

:bow:

Dare
03-29-2009, 11:34
So what do you think so far of ETW compared to previous versions TosaInu? My younger brother is actually not playing yet, and is tied up in work/school activities, so doesnt look like he is going to be back in the short run. Are you guys members of one of the Steam communities? Im strugling to find oldschool players back besides finding them here.

Swoosh So
03-29-2009, 11:54
Sent you a priv message with wolves messenger addys dare, as far as mp goes best you join this mp steam community if you havent already i think it shows who is online who is playing etc.

TosaInu
03-29-2009, 16:01
So what do you think so far of ETW compared to previous versions TosaInu?

I don't know Dare.

Nem
04-01-2009, 00:43
Well it seems Kenchikuka are active and recruiting..............let the good time roll one again:2thumbsup:

04-03-2009, 18:02

So you Kenchi Guys going to be active in tournaments again :clown:?

tgi01
04-03-2009, 21:54

So you Kenchi Guys going to be active in tournaments again :clown:?

Its too early to say yet .. we do have 7 active members right now with 2-3 more coming ...

TGI

Judge
04-04-2009, 17:47
YOu guys probably don't remember me, I don't even remember what clan I was in during MTW1 and the first bits of Rome(either it was aggony or we fought aggony a lot).

Either way I am playing ETW mp and enjoying it; I haven't seen any issues that cannot be countered(I haven't been able to do a cavalry sweep...yet). I know some of you older gents have misgivings and I wouldn't count myself as an expert(I never liked using muskets), but they way CA balanced this version in mp is...well, 'better' is all I'll own up to for now.

Hope to see you guys online, I would love to get my arse kicked by Wolves(again).

Hey Postino i believe you prob fought us alot as you were not with us :charge::duel::knight::thumbsup:

ncbeach
04-13-2009, 07:04
gah! i cant believe all the old people still playing video games.. why arent yall playing bridge or something by now?

Trash
04-13-2009, 15:52
Is there no real way to actually have a lobby ? If I recall correctly it was the lobby action which gave TW its charm :P

Krasturak
04-26-2009, 18:32
gah! i cant believe all the old people still playing video games..

Gah! NC! Gah!

Krasturak
04-26-2009, 18:33
.... no .... lobby .... ? :no: ?

... how will Krast ... gah ... with ... no lobby?

AggonyDuck
04-26-2009, 18:51
Krast will have to compensate by twice as much Gah in-game!

Swoosh So
04-26-2009, 21:37
Hey krast! still got your coffin? nice to see u again, are you playing totalwar?