PDA

View Full Version : Any Way to Increase Limit for Ferguson Rifle Units?

lobosrul
03-11-2009, 16:26
As England I rushed to get the tech for Ferguson (breech loading) rifles, and am disappointed to find I'm limited to 1 unit. Is there any way to remove the limit?

Relic
03-11-2009, 17:42
Not yet, but when the mod tools are released I'm sure it will be quite easy.

Tecumseh
03-19-2009, 23:47
Yes there is. I just forget which file you need to extract, sorry. I think it was on TWC.

Fulbahar
03-21-2009, 06:34
Germany drastically increased the number of snipers per unit. ... Germany
evolved the most efficient ways of camouflaging, both by using the environment (
branches etc. .... the nature of bullets, a precision sniping rifle must limit
this effect. ...... Post a question - any question - to the WikiAnswers

Megas Methuselah
03-21-2009, 06:37
Germany drastically increased the number of snipers per unit. ... Germany
evolved the most efficient ways of camouflaging, both by using the environment (
branches etc. .... the nature of bullets, a precision sniping rifle must limit
this effect. ...... Post a question - any question - to the WikiAnswers

...? What? Ok.

Anyways, I am also dissapointed to find myselt limited to a single unit of ferguson rifles. Those guys are insanely good.

MikeV
04-10-2009, 00:28
Yes there is. I just forget which file you need to extract, sorry. I think it was on TWC.
The file main.pack contains the units table, which has both Unit Limit and Region IDRef attributes.

Megas Methuselah
04-10-2009, 06:56
MikeV hit it dead-on. Use the packfile manager, it makes life so much easier. It's available for download at the TWC, in the ETW modshack.

Szun
05-17-2009, 23:56
i wouldnt use the main pack ..look into the patch.pack/db/unit_tables

you find stuff like "region limits" and buildlimits in there and cost/upkeeps etc.

patch.pack overrides main.pack so any changes done in main might not show up

Ishmael
05-21-2009, 10:01
i wouldnt use the main pack ..look into the patch.pack/db/unit_tables

you find stuff like "region limits" and buildlimits in there and cost/upkeeps etc.

patch.pack overrides main.pack so any changes done in main might not show up

Ok folks, I'm thinking of changing a few things in there, so is there anything at all I should know before I start (apart from the usual 'don't delete random chunks of text' and stuff)?

Oh yes, one other thing-I've made a backup, but if I'm playing a multiplayer game with my friend, will I need to switch the two files around so that the original file is in the relevant folder? If I don't, will the game CTD or otherwise do anything drastic?

Oh yes, last thing-is the patch_en.pack file important for changing unit caps, regional availability, unit abilities etc, or is it all in the patch.pack file?