PDA

View Full Version : Mod:New World protectorates

Mailman653
03-15-2009, 21:34
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237335

I tried the no protectorates with France and on the second turn I got Lousiana.
What I want to test out now is try the other file protectorates forever, and play as the 13 colonies, since Britain is no longer required to "annex" them, maybe it's possible to play them without locking up X turns into the game. :idea2:

Megas Methuselah
03-16-2009, 08:35
YES!!! WOOT!!!!

THX FOR THE HEADS-UP, MAILMAN!!!

EDIT: here - :balloon:

Mailman653
03-16-2009, 18:12
Yeah it's 1743 in my game with the Colonies, no crashes, no locks ups. What I'm thinking of doing though is editing the file and giving France and Spain back their orginal instructions to make things interesting, sow the seeds of the French and Indian wars or conflict with Spain over Fl. So far I've had no problems of any kind with either of them and I've had very profitable trade with the Natives so I've had 43 years of relative peace, with the exception of the Prussian war which was hollow since the AI can't launch sea invasions, I ended up invading them then giving my territory to England for tech.

Update:Game works fine with the modifications I wrote about earlier. Just don't try to start a revolution with the Colonies or New Spain, you'll end up getting a new faction to emerge but you won't be able to pick sides. And if the new faction takes your captial, game over....and not in the good way, the game doesn't seem to know what to do and just locks up.