PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Province List

Darth Venom
03-23-2009, 12:59
Alright here it goes. All the below is work in progress, many blanks still need filling in. Especially in East Asia or where historically correct names/capitals are concerned. I'll be editing the list frequently.

Maps:

Europe
https://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6338/provinceseu.jpg
North America
https://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2810/provincesna.jpg
South America
https://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7666/provincessa.jpg
Africa
https://img410.imageshack.us/img410/561/provincesaf.jpg
India
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5181/provincesin.jpg
East Asia
https://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2973/provincesea.jpg
South East Asia
https://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4837/provincessea.jpg

Notes:
- There might be/are mistakes of all sorts, please post them!
- "native" refers to a non-European faction whose name has not yet been filled in.
- VOC is the Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie/Dutch United East India Company, I imagine them as a protectorate like the 13 Colonies/New Spain & New France
- Same goes for the Viceroyality of Peru (South America) which is different from the Viceroyality of New Spain (mainly North America)

Province/Capital/Owner at 1700

provinces with changed area, usually to accomodate new provinces
Europe
Hannover/Hannover/Hannover
Brandenburg/Berlin/Prussia
Wurtemberg/Stuttgart/Wurtemberg
Rhineland/Münster/Münster/Bishopric of Münster
North America
Hispaniola/Santo Domingo/Spain

provinces with changed name
Europe
Papal States/Rome/Papal States

provinces with changed owner
North America
Leeward Islands//Britain
Bahamas/Nassau/Pirates
South America
New Anadalucia//Viceroyalty of Peru
New Granada//Viceroyalty of Peru

completey new provinces
Africa
Ivory Coast//Britain
Sierra Leone//Britain
St. Helena//Britain
Guinea//France
Mauritius//France
Réunion//France
Senegal//France
Cape Province Extension #2 Zululand?//native
Slave Coast//Netherlands
Madagscar Coast #1//Pirates
Madagscar Coast #2//Pirates
Angola//Portugal
Cap Verde Islands//Portugal
Delagoa Bay//Portugal
Fernando Pó//Portugal
Gabon//Portugal
Natal//Portugal
Sao Tome & Principe//Portugal
Tanganyika//Portugal
Gold Coast//Prussia
Kenya//Sultanate of Oman
Zansibar//Sultanate of Oman
Cape Province//VOC
Cape Province Extension #1//VOC
Europe
Svalbard/Spitsbergen/?? (D, NL, DK, & F)
Hesse/Darmstadt/Hesse
Mecklenburg/Schwerin/Mecklenburg
Canary Islands//Spain
Switzerland//Switzerland
India
Oman//Sultanate of Oman
Indies/Australasia
Sumatra costal//Aceh Sultanate
Borneo north//Brunei Sultanate
Cambodia//Khmer
Vietnam//Lê Dynasty
New Zealand north//Maori
New Zealand south//Maori
Dharug\Kuring-gai\Tharawal/Sydney Cove/native
Van Diemen's Land/Port Arthur/native
Wathaurung\Woiworung/Melbourne/native
Wajuk/Swan River/native
Yuggera\Gubbi Gubbi/Moreton Bay/native
Malaysia/Singapore/native
New Guinea east coastal//native
New Guinea west coastal//native
Timor//Portugal
Siam//Siam
Philippines north//Viceroyality of New Spain
Philippines south//Viceroyality of New Spain
Celebes costal//VOC
Java costal//VOC
Malacca//VOC
Moluccas//VOC
North America
Bermuda//Britain
Virgin Islands//Denmark
Saint Domingue//France
2nd Plains Province//native
Alaska//native
California small coastal #1//native
California small coastal #2//native
Puerto Rico/San Juan/Spain
South America
Brazil costal #1//Portugal
Brazil costal #2//Portugal
Brazil interior//Portugal
Falkland Islands//uninhabited
South Georgia//uninhabited
Chile//Viceroyalty of Peru
La Plata//Viceroyalty of Peru
Peru//Viceroyalty of Peru

provinces remaining unchanged, some may have changed their theatre though
Europe
Austria/Vienna/Austria
Bohemia/Prague/Austria
Croatia/Zagreb/Austria
Hungary/Budapest/Austria
Silesia/Breslau/Austria
Transylvania//Austria
Algiers/Algiers/Barbary States
Tripolitania//Barbary States
Tunisia/Tunis/Barbary States
Bavaria/Munich/Bavaria
England/London/Britain
Ireland/Dublin/Britain
Scotland/Edinburgh/Britain
Courland/Jelgava/Courland
Crimea/Bakhchisaray/Crimea
Cherchenia/Tarki/Dagestan
Denmark/Copenhagen/Denmark
Iceland/Reykjavík/Denmark
Norway/Christiana/Denmark
Alsace/Strasbourg/France
France/Paris/France
Corsica/Bastia/Genoa
Liguria/Genoa/Genoa
Georgia/Tiblisi/Georgia
Morocco/Rabat/Morocco
Netherlands/Amsterdam/Netherlands
Anatolia/Ankara/Ottoman
Armenia/Yerevan/Ottoman
Bosnia/Sarajevo/Ottoman
Bulgaria/Sofia/Ottoman
Egypt/Cairo/Ottoman
Greece/Athens/Ottoman
Mesopotamia/Baghdad/Ottoman
Moldavia/Iasi/Ottoman
Palestine/Jerusalem/Ottoman
Rumelia/Constantinople/Ottoman
Serbia/Belgrade/Ottoman
Syria/Damascus/Ottoman
Azerbaijan//Persia
Baluchistan//Persia
Persia/Isfahan/Persia
Belarus/Minsk/Poland
Galicia//Poland
Lithuania/Vilnius/Poland
Poland/Warsaw/Poland
West Prussia/Gdansk/Poland
Portugal/Lisbon/Portugal
East Prussia/Königsberg/Prussia
Don Voisko/Cherkassk/Russia
Moskow/Moskow/Russia
Russia #1//Russia
Russia #2//Russia
Russia #3//Russia
Russia #4//Russia
Russia #5//Russia
Ukraine/Kiev/Russia
Savoy/Turin/Savoy
Saxony/Dresden/Saxony
Flanders/Brussels/Spain
Neaples/Neaples/Spain
Sardinia/Caligari/Spain
Sicily/Palermo/Spain
Spain/Madrid/Spain
Estonia/Riga/Sweden
Finland/Abo/Sweden
Ingira/St. Petersburg/Sweden
Sweden/Stockholm/Sweden
Morea/Patras/Venice
Venetia/Venice/Venice
India
Bijapur/Satara/Maratha
Carnatica/Arcot/Maratha
Ahmadnagar/Ahmadnagar/Moghul
Bengal/Calcutta/Moghul
Berar/Nagpur/Moghul
Gujarat/Ahmedabad/Moghul
Hindustan/Akbarabad/Moghul
Hyderabad/Hyderabad/Moghul
Kashmir//Moghul
Malwa/Ujjain/Moghul
Orissa/Cuttack/Moghul
Punjab//Moghul
Rajpootana/Udaipur/Moghul
Sindh/Neroon Kot/Moghul
Mysore/Mysore/Mysore
Ceylon/Trincomalee/Netherlands
Afghanistan//Persia
Goa/Goa/Portugal
North America
Boston/New England/13 Colonies
Carolinas/Charleston/13 Colonies
Maine/Falmouth/13 Colonies
Maryland/Annapolis/13 Colonies
New York/Albany/13 Colonies
Pennsylvania/Philaldephia/13 Colonies
Virginia/Williamsburg/13 Colonies
Rupert's Land/Moose Factory/Britain
Cherokee Territory/Chicasa/Cherokee
Georgia/Savannah/Cherokee
Kaintuck Territory/Tellico/Cherokee
Arcadia/Fort Nashwaak/France
New France/Quebéc/France
Newfoundland/St. John's/France
Upper Canada/Montreal/France
Windward Islands//France
Huron Territory/Fort Sault St. Marie/Huron
Northwest Territories//Huron
Montagnais/Agvituk/Inuit
Lower Louisians/New Orléans/New France
Upper Louisiana/Fort de Chartres/New France
Plains (name?)//Plains people
Texas//Pueblo
Cuba/La Habana/Spain
Florida/St. Augustine/Spain
Guatemala/Guatemala/Viceroyality of New Spain
New Mexico/Santa Fé/Viceroyality of New Spain
New Spain/Mexico/Viceroyality of New Spain
South America
French Guyana//France
Curacao//Netherlands
Netherlands Guyana//Netherlands
Trinidad & Tobago//Pirates
Panama//Viceroyalty of New Spain

SaFe
03-23-2009, 16:25
I miss a few mopre central european nations in your list.
German statres and definately more french provinces.

Darth Venom
03-24-2009, 10:53
I miss a few mopre central european nations in your list.
German statres and definately more french provinces.

Hmm, hmmm, hmmm.
The problem with the German states is that the line has to be drawn somewhere to ensure playability I think. A nation with only two or so towns just won't cut it. Therefore the aggregation (same with the native American tribes)
Currently we have:
- Bavaria, which is pretty much as it was, with border alterations of course.
- Würtemberg, which seems to represent itself as well as Baden and the Palatinate.
- Hannover, representing itself and Oldenburg
- Westphalia, consisting of Hesse-Cassel and Hesse-Nassau (Hesse as a whole is in as a emergent faction though) and the bishopric of Münster.
- Brandenburg, itself and Mecklenburg.

I think this makes a pretty good aggregation, although replacing Westphalia with Hesse would be a good idea and maybe a case could be made for Mecklenburg, since it is the largest by area, not-yet-represented and managed to stay independet as a duchy (within the HRE of course) until 1918. (bye, bye absolutism in Germany).
Leaving out the micro states like Brunswick, Berg and most bishoprics isn't really debatable, the size on the campaign map would be simply too small.

What is sad though, is that the HRE is in no way represented. It was no less a political entity then in M2TW's timeframe. Maybe someone will have a idea how to implement that.

SaFe
03-24-2009, 11:24
Well, especially the Palatinate is a must, considering the facts the French always wanted it for themselves.
I really think some more "buffer" german states are necessary, if we don't want to have the Austrians/Prussians and the french fight it out directly all the time, which is not my idea of this time scale.
Also Baden was not so unimportant and i agree with Hesse.
It is not necessary to implement every single minor german state, but a few more is a must in my opinion.
Same goes for France and Spain - although in there case a few more provinces would be fine.

Darth Venom
03-24-2009, 11:48
I kinda agree with you anyway, Palatinate and Mecklenburg should go in, maybe Baden and Oldenburg as well. The problem I'm seeing is that it might become easier for the strong neighbours to conquer them one by one. Strong army <- money <- towns <- space on campaing map. If they can be made to work, I'd like to see as many as possible.

Maybe the HRE could be represented by all the German states being protectorates of each other with full military acess...

pevergreen
03-24-2009, 12:14
You'd need an overall state to be protector of each, with all the others having indefinite military access and alliances.

This would create a warless area though.

Darth Venom
03-24-2009, 13:00
Yes, of course. Protector can't be a protectorate at the same time. Or can it? At least as starting condition? If not, as many self-sustaining states as possible should do, exact number needs to be determinded.

Ishmael
03-25-2009, 09:47
just please make singapore a full region-dont lump it in with malaysia. also, if you could find some traditional names for the aust towns (they dont have to actually mean anything-you could just use the aboriginal word for 'fish' or something) that would add to the atmoshpere

Darth Venom
03-25-2009, 10:12
just please make singapore a full region-dont lump it in with malaysia. also, if you could find some traditional names for the aust towns (they dont have to actually mean anything-you could just use the aboriginal word for 'fish' or something) that would add to the atmoshpere

I was thinking about two non-land-linked costal provinces on the Malay peninsular. One at the tip (called Malaysia above) and on on the west coast (Malacca).

It however seems, that you know more about that region than I do (not surprising considering your location :laugh4:). Would you care to come up with some province names, capitals and locations. The latter for Australia of course, the islands are pretty fixed ~;)

pevergreen
03-25-2009, 10:34
Little village outside of Brisbane "Indooroopilly" (gully of water according to one tribe)

Stuff like that.

Darth Venom
03-26-2009, 13:25
I've edited the complete list for (hopefully) better readability. It should now also contain every province already in the game as well two more HRE states, with one renamed.

Vlad The Impaler
04-01-2009, 13:59
Wallachia
It's a must. It was never ever part of Bulgaria

Ishmael
04-08-2009, 05:47
I was thinking about two non-land-linked costal provinces on the Malay peninsular. One at the tip (called Malaysia above) and on on the west coast (Malacca).

It however seems, that you know more about that region than I do (not surprising considering your location :laugh4:). Would you care to come up with some province names, capitals and locations. The latter for Australia of course, the islands are pretty fixed ~;)

Good idea, I just realised how absolutely puny Singapore would be by itself :beam:

As for Australia, whilst my knowledge of Aboriginal settlements is limited, although I seem to remember that the Aborigines were semi-nomadic, (I always found Australian Hisory dull at school), I managed to find these two maps which might help with the region names:

http://www.melbourne.indymedia.org/uploads/aus_map_covered_text_lined.jpg
http://www.yale.edu/gsp/colonial/Aboriginal_Australia_Map.jpg

Hope this helps!

pevergreen
04-08-2009, 08:07
I failed Australian History at high school...probably because on an essay worth 1/3 of the mark I wrote 33 words... That was yeears ago though.

All the help is useful. If I didn't have this damn job :shakesfist:

Darth Venom
04-08-2009, 15:06
All the help is useful. If I didn't have this damn job

Yea, jobs. Damned nuisance! At least forums.totalwar.org isn't blocked at mine, www.totalwar.org is though :dizzy2:

Anyway, I've had a look at the maps kindly provided and changed the list above. From what I could find the areas around modern day Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth were the first settled, as well as Tasmania. I chose the province names accordingly.

I will post a map of the list in the next few days as well. No Photoshop at work or it would go faster...

pevergreen
04-08-2009, 23:13
Yup, those were the first areas. Tasmania was the prison colony of the prison colony. Where I come from (first fleet, bad behaviour to Tasmania, then to south australia and so on) :beam:

Megas Methuselah
04-09-2009, 08:14
Is there any limit on factions? After the finals, I could go check out the library at the First Nations University of Canada and do some light research into the important tribes at the time of 1700.

Darth Venom
04-09-2009, 08:53
Is there any limit on factions?

Only insofar, as too much splitting of factions and regions wouldn't preserve the vanilla style of gameplay imho. So, some grouping together of tribes in a single faction is necessary. See the HRE argument above...
But (especially if the theatre is expanded to the Pacific) some more regions and factions are definitely possible!

OT: What final? Can't be anything important... https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/images/icons/icon12.gif

Darth Venom
04-10-2009, 12:30
As promised I added maps to the OP.

pevergreen
04-10-2009, 14:22
:beam:

Huzzah!

Good news on the modding front, I've got this coming week off work, on a holiday, so depending on how that turns out, I could get a lot done.

I may have something minor to release before I leave.

Megas Methuselah
04-10-2009, 22:48
Beautiful! I'm definitely gonna do some research. I'm seeing some empty spots in North America where some important tribes should be. Btw, I'll go by what you say on the grouping of NA tribes into larger factions. :2thumbsup:

However, I probably can't get down to this until the end of April.

Tantalaul
04-23-2009, 07:21
Wallachia capital city Bucharest

Beskar
04-23-2009, 08:32
My only suggestions are to split France and Spain into some smaller regions, under their control, due to bugs in the Current AI, you can keep the town number the same (overall) so they don't get overpowered.

Fill out some of the blank areas, even if it is a town with a couple of farms/plantations covering a massive area. Don't understand why they made some of the areas little placeholders in the middle of no where.

Make the world connecting, so this would make factions like China in the game, and obviously Japan. However, don't know if you got the modellers to add some of their style units in though.

Maleficus
04-24-2009, 18:51
If you split France and Spain up into smaller provinces, as probably should be done, then it's only right to do the same with Britain, Sweden and North America (At least the Eastern seaboard)

Megas Methuselah
04-24-2009, 20:19
If you split France and Spain up into smaller provinces, as probably should be done, then it's only right to do the same with Britain, Sweden and North America (At least the Eastern seaboard)

Great Britain and Ireland are already seperated into 3 provinces. North America is good, too (except for maybe Mexico). My opinion is that it should just be Spain, France, and Sweden that should be cut up in 2 or 3 pieces.

But that's just my opinion.

Beskar
04-24-2009, 21:07
There needs to be more land bridges too, in the game, in my opinion.

Megas Methuselah
04-26-2009, 08:22
Agreed.

Btw, I'm heading to the library on Monday, so I'll grab a few books and do some light research on the tribes. :yes:

lenin96
04-27-2009, 13:46
The "Lordz Modding Collective" has map modding tools!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254170

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254175

Megas Methuselah
04-27-2009, 19:34
Are those for battle maps only?

lenin96
04-28-2009, 03:32
I'm not sure. I didn't read much about them except that they were map making tools. Edit: It's not for campaign maps.:no:

Megas Methuselah
04-30-2009, 10:27
Well, let's still hope we can edit the campaign map.

Anyways, I stayed up late and managed to compile a bunch of descriptions and maps of Native American tribes in the Great Lakes area into one rough sketch:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1393
-the major players are the Chippewa and the Iroqouis

Notes:
-Yes, the Cree are large. But keep in mind that it's late at night, I'm tired, and this map is incomplete. The Cree are actually divided into a few different entities (i.e. Oji-Cree)

-Iroquois should have the same territory as shown in the OP minus the Ottawa territory. Their strip of land on the eastern side of the great lakes should be divided into two. IIRC, the Iroquois conquered the southern portion in the Beaver Wars. Also, the Shawnee (#9) should be their protectorate.
-Chippewa are the major power in the western parts of the Great Lakes. They were allied with the Potawatomi (#2) and the Ottawa (#3) in the Council of Three Fires. They were the dominant force in the alliance (in fact, the Chippewa were known as the "Elder Brother" amongst the alliance, while the others were the "Middle Brother" and "Younger Brother"). The three tribes should be all allied, or vassals of the Chippewa. The Chippewa were not on friendly terms with the Dakota, Lakota (aren't on this map), and Iroqouis
-the Chippewa territories themselves should be divided into 2-4 seperate regions. They had recently driven back the Dakota further west and south and took much of their former lands. Also, they had migrated west, as you can see. In fact, there were (and are) small numbers of Chippewa currently near the west coast of North America in British Columbia.
-The Hurons are limited to a small plot of land near Quebec City. They are French allies, as are many of the tribes in the nearby area. These Hurons are the small-numbered survivors of the once-powerful Huron Confederacy, who were all but wiped out by the Iroquois in the Beaver Wars more than 50 years before the game's start
-As I said earlier, this map is not complete. There are many blank spots which will be filled. Discussions will have to take place on how to incorporate these tribes into the game

Interesting Note: the violent and rapid expansion of the Chippewa and the Iroquois in the previous century was made possible mostly through acquiring firearms (mostly by trade) from the Europeans, which offered them an edge in combat against rival tribes.

Tartantyco
04-30-2009, 14:27
-Mecklenburg, yay!

Megas Methuselah
05-03-2009, 01:14
https://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff252/Methuselah18/provinces.jpg

Excluding the as yet unknown tribes on the west coast, I've got 22 Native American factions up so far. The regions are still liable to a change in the future, as are the factions themselves.

For example, the 4 northern-most factions. They are of the Cree branch, but I've divided them into 4 factions roughly based on their dialects. I'm still unsure of how to represent them.

Most of the tribes aren't represented, only the major ones. Btw, most of the colours are just things I made up on the way. They in no way represent the faction colours as they should be in-game.

chairman
05-03-2009, 08:24
@Methuselah: where did you get that base map, and what program do you use for creating it?

Chairman

Megas Methuselah
05-03-2009, 09:06
It was in the OP. I edited it manually through gimp, and did not do a very good job in some places.

Darth Venom
05-03-2009, 12:03
I did the OP pictures in Photoshop. If anyone is interested in the psd files PM me.

Also a few (of my opinions) on Methuselahs map:

1. Great job on the research! I would have no idea where to find that information.

2. Uninhabited/sparsly inhabited areas should not wilderness, rather than belong to a province. Firstly, this makes it more difficult to expand by "province hopping" and secondly it allows for much longer walking distances which in turn gives that "open land with not too much in it feeling" I like about the current NA map (Plains & New Mexico)

3. Although it might be realistic, there seem to be too many factions. Just a gut feeling though. But if we were to compare population numbers of the provinces/factions here to those of the Italian & German states... Some of this might be solved by using 2. though.

lenin96
05-03-2009, 13:26
3. Although it might be realistic, there seem to be too many factions. Just a gut feeling though. But if we were to compare population numbers of the provinces/factions here to those of the Italian & German states... Some of this might be solved by using 2. though.

But if we have so many factions we can stop one faction from becoming a superpower too quickly. Most of them I imagine some would have none/not many unique units so it shouldn't be too hard.

Megas Methuselah
05-03-2009, 21:12
2. Uninhabited/sparsly inhabited areas should not wilderness, rather than belong to a province. Firstly, this makes it more difficult to expand by "province hopping" and secondly it allows for much longer walking distances which in turn gives that "open land with not too much in it feeling" I like about the current NA map (Plains & New Mexico)

Well, we could solve that by combining many of the provinces, which should in turn eliminate many of the smaller factions.

But I'm not sure about the making sparsely inhabited regions into wilderness. The whole of North America was contained a small population compared to Europe. Should the continent itself then be a wilderness?

Megas Methuselah
05-04-2009, 02:00
But if we have so many factions we can stop one faction from becoming a superpower too quickly. Most of them I imagine some would have none/not many unique units so it shouldn't be too hard.

:yes:

Noddy The Beefy Egg
05-06-2009, 14:33
if you put alaska research put a new faction

Noddy The Beefy Egg
05-06-2009, 14:39
https://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff252/Methuselah18/provinces.jpg

Excluding the as yet unknown tribes on the west coast, I've got 22 Native American factions up so far. The regions are still liable to a change in the future, as are the factions themselves.

For example, the 4 northern-most factions. They are of the Cree branch, but I've divided them into 4 factions roughly based on their dialects. I'm still unsure of how to represent them.

Most of the tribes aren't represented, only the major ones. Btw, most of the colours are just things I made up on the way. They in no way represent the faction colours as they should be in-game.

Inuits and haidas should be put on the list. The Chumash tribe of California can be a faction for the province. And makes changes to the Inuits. Make it Eskimo. Double post! Methuselah, you are Cree, or Nēhiyawēwin, right?

Megas Methuselah
05-06-2009, 20:46
Inuits and haidas should be put on the list. The Chumash tribe of California can be a faction for the province. And makes changes to the Inuits. Make it Eskimo. Double post! Methuselah, you are Cree, or Nēhiyawēwin, right?

It's not done yet, man. I still have to do the west coat and I'm still deciding whether the Inuit are actually worth putting in.

And yes, I'm Cree, Saulteaux, and Metis. But I grew up with a mostly-Saulteaux family.

pevergreen
05-06-2009, 23:20
Keep in mind, right now, it isnt easy to add all this, plus with that many new factions in that area alone, well, colours are going to be scarce.

it looks good though!

Noddy The Beefy Egg
05-07-2009, 04:46
It's not done yet, man. I still have to do the west coat and I'm still deciding whether the Inuit are actually worth putting in.

And yes, I'm Cree, Saulteaux, and Metis. But I grew up with a mostly-Saulteaux family.

Saulteaux? you mean Ojibwa

Megas Methuselah
05-07-2009, 06:37
Saulteaux? you mean Ojibwa

Yes and no. They speak the same language with seperate dialects. Moreover, the Saulteaux largely became a plains tribe, while the Ojibwe remained in the Great Lakes area. But for simplicity's sake, I included them together as one faction.

Keep in mind, right now, it isnt easy to add all this, plus with that many new factions in that area alone, well, colours are going to be scarce.

it looks good though!

Nothing's going to happen at all unless there's a modding breathrough at the TWC. :no:

pevergreen
05-07-2009, 07:26
Or official mod tools. :rolleyes:

Noddy The Beefy Egg
05-08-2009, 01:54
Well, let's still hope we can edit the campaign map.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1393

Notes:
- But keep in mind that it's late at night, I'm tired, and this map is incomplete.

when are you going to add more tribes?What are the tribes. add new units!

Fisherking
05-09-2009, 14:39
@ Megas Methuselah

Do you have the names to go with the 22 colors you have there?

Also the west coast would be a real bear to put together. Most were rather small and you might want to make California a Spanish region anyway. I think they left it out so there were no Pacific ports.

If you go from the Brazil trade region to the East Indies it only takes a turn.

Megas Methuselah
05-09-2009, 19:06
I'm working on a Native American mod at the TWC, and we're currently making units, i.e. skinning and modeling. Seeing as the campaign map is practically impossible to mod as of yet, completing this map isn't really a top priority for me. Besides, it's a complete WIP, and many regions are liable to be changed.

Beskar
05-13-2009, 22:58
Just for reference, USA and Canada are over twice the size of Europe easily.

So if you do the maps, remember to scale it right. Many maps have the America's disapproatirely small.

Amun Nefer
01-05-2010, 21:33
oooooh I love those maps! :D This mod looks awesome enough to be a perfectly good reason to purchase ETW in its own right. :D

pevergreen
01-05-2010, 23:55
Glad you think so.

However, without the promised mod tools from CA...

I've not seen a map editor.

Megas Methuselah
01-14-2010, 08:04
I've resigned on the whole thing, but I did get ahold of this diamond mine of a map on Amerindian North America at the university. I doubt it'll be of any use, though, because, as Pervegoon already stated, we have yet to get acquire any official modding tools, and will likely never get any.

pevergreen
01-15-2010, 00:32
I hate you.