PDA

View Full Version : Victory, Pevergreen, & Gloating: How the Three Topics Relate

Megas Methuselah
03-28-2009, 07:16
Today I have beaten pevergreen yet again in MP. It was very fun; a Canadian and an Australian duking it out online; a small battle worth remembering. The Irish will forevermore be drinking to its memory! :clown:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1215

As you can see, pevergreen chose Prussia and I chose the Powhatan Confederacy.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1216

The Lancers among my army of Powhatan braves. I and my warriors looked forward to an easy victory against pevergreen (as usual). :crowngrin:

It was a mere matter of sending a single unit forward to suck up the first Prussian volley, then sending the rest of the hard-hitting warriors crashing into the Prussian line, supported by various flanking maneouvers. Pevergreen, in his cowardly ways, stashed some mortars in an obscure corner of the map.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1217

This made life somewhat difficult, but after breaking his lines, I quickly went over to easily eliminate this threat and emerge as victor.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1218

I hope this will convince many of my fellow Orgahs to go online and face me. I am invincible. Supreme. Victorious.

Relic
03-28-2009, 10:49
Hehe, poor pevergreen.

pevergreen
03-28-2009, 10:50
And if I stopped having over 3/4 of my army as mortars, I might actually have some men. :grin2:

It was a cunning trap, a few units of mortars (4 inch >_>) in the trees, using their terrible accuracy to kill 1 american per volley. In hiding were ghoorkasasaswowtheyreallysuckfor990gold and 4 units of light infantry (for lulz)

The complete other side of the map was 4 units of line infantry and a general.

I dont make proper armies. :grin2:

Vlad Tzepes
03-28-2009, 11:30
Oh, that was fun to read... Pauvre, pauvre Pevergreen :beam: (don't split your forces anymore, it's not a good idea!)

(note to self - should definitely try MP.)

IlDuce
03-28-2009, 13:37
Oh the colonials are fighting eachother, silly commonwealth types.

Haven't really had a chance to play multi yet. Only really like playing with people I know. My friend who I normally play with is waiting until the MP campaign is added before committing to a purchase.

What's it like compared to Rome and Medieval II? Any cool extra options I don't know about.

Maleficus
03-28-2009, 21:40
I dont make proper armies. :grin2:

http://www.akotapaintingandplastering.com.au/AustralianFlag.jpg

Right?

:beam:

gollum
03-29-2009, 13:14
pevergreen arent you Dutch?

EDIT
Apparently you are not, i see - hoorah for the land of down under!

Thermal
03-29-2009, 20:50
I'm willing to be your next victim Methuselath, I have an 80% success rate for land battles! :sweatdrop:

gollum
03-29-2009, 22:13
80% success rate of winning or losing 777Ares777?

EDIT
I see, for winning- well good luck keeping it up then.

pevergreen
03-29-2009, 22:59
:laugh4:

I am meeting a dutch member of the org in the next day or two. When he gets here that is.

I can't really say that "i'd totally pwn you in RTW omgz" because I'd probably make an all wardog army every time. :2thumbsup:

Thermal
03-29-2009, 23:01
80% success rate of winning or losing 777Ares777?

EDIT
I see, for winning- well good luck keeping it up then.

by 80% I've only had 5 and I've won 4 of them, in which my armies consisted of a ton of mortars and indian swordsmen :sweatdrop:

gollum
03-29-2009, 23:08
originally posted by pevergreen
I am meeting a dutch member of the org in the next day or two. When he gets here that is.

Sorry pevergreen it was just me (or the Australian accent :laugh4:)

Originally posted by pevergreen
I can't really say that "i'd totally pwn you in RTW omgz" because I'd probably make an all wardog army every time.

Cant you pick berserkers at least? :laugh4:

Originally posted by 777Ares777
by 80% I've only had 5 and I've won 4 of them, in which my armies consisted of a ton of mortars and indian swordsmen

I see, a fragile reign in sum...:laugh4:

Thermal
03-30-2009, 00:33
I see, a fragile reign in sum...:laugh4:

You may mock but at least I have no dignity! :snobby:

gollum
03-30-2009, 00:36
no dignity? You mean?

EDIT
Got it - sorry i am getting out of hybernation and still slow :laugh4:

Megas Methuselah
03-30-2009, 08:22
I tend to play games without mortars (as a rule, no mortars/rockets). Those things completely ruin mp unless you go prepared for a complete mortar duel.

gollum
03-30-2009, 10:25
Originally posted by Megas Methuselah
I tend to play games without mortars (as a rule, no mortars/rockets). Those things completely ruin mp unless you go prepared for a complete mortar duel.

Then take sometime off your battles (and of bragging about them:laugh4:) to visit the MP wishlist thread and make your views known to fellow mpers and to CA members that might be monitoring the forum. Alterations/fixes/balance issues may be sorted faster since CA is using steam to deliver patches.

:bow:

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-30-2009, 14:58
LOL!

God help me if I lose to them! :laugh4: