PDA

View Full Version : Modding Recruitment to recruit the Mamluks

Steppe Merc
03-31-2009, 22:41
I have been looking to figure out which file (and which tool) is needed to modify recruitment, but as yet have been unable. I want to allow factions to recruit the Mamluks, because despite the fact they are in game, no one can recruit them, not even the Mamluk faction. Which is obviously insane.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Mailman653
03-31-2009, 23:17
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244626
That might help, explains how to add region specific units.

Megas Methuselah
04-01-2009, 05:04
Now that we're on this topic, I'd like to add that a while back I've managed to make Native Musketeers (from the RtI episode 2) recruitable for the Iroquois, Huron, and Cherokee. Furthermore, I've enabled the recruitment of African Musketeers (the ones who only wear a pair of pants; they mingle well with my barely-clothed warriors) for America and Africa and Colonial Musketeers (also from RtI episode 2). All I gotta do is give them some moveable artillery, desert warriors for africa and the mideast, and various colonials for India and Europe. :2thumbsup:

Schiltrom
04-09-2009, 13:03
I want Native musketeers for all factions in North American provinces

Mailman653
04-09-2009, 16:08
I want Native musketeers for all factions in North American provinces

If you play MP a lot, then you should make a whole new unit because if you start editing the db files, you'll most likely get a mismatch error.

If you don't play MP, then you can just directly mod the db files. Follow the instructions on the link above, it will tell you virtually all you'll need to know. :yes:

Megas Methuselah
04-09-2009, 22:48
Yeah, I can play MP very well, it's just that if I recruit those units for my mp battles, the game'll desynch. :no:

Other than that, if I unlocked them without changing their stats for mp battles, it would be fine on mp (and it was).

Schiltrom
04-10-2009, 08:00
Erm... I'm a bit of a noob and I have no idea what half that thing means.

Schiltrom
04-10-2009, 09:06
Oh. Problem solved.