PDA

View Full Version : It's All Good

Tomisama
04-10-2009, 02:46
What about multiplayer?

More maps are coming. When is still being discussed but you will see more maps at some point(mostly 4v4s, 3v3s and 2v2s).

The problem with cheaters being able to edit unit stats and costs without problem for multiplayer has been fixed and will be in the next patch.

Other multiplayer improvements are still being discussed.

We will also continue to work to fix bugs with multiplayer.

As this weekend is Easter Bank Holiday weekend in the UK, there will not be anymore Daily Updates until Tuesday. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Jack.
http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/53425

t1master
04-10-2009, 03:08
sorta good to hear tomi.

as for the maps, i guess my question is why discuss when? just give the community a map editor. you know as well as i that we can make better maps than the devs ever did. horselands?

at this stage i'll settle for no changed game files, and knowing who is on your team.... :laugh4:

other than that, with a good group, mp has been a blast, best since mtw.

Lavos
04-10-2009, 11:38
Also good news for us:

What balance/economic/other changes will be in the first game play patch?

Quite a lot really. Unit balancing has seem some general tweaks across the board to improve it. Unit costs have changed for both multiplayer and single player.

For multiplayer there are now separate costs for early and late era so that units better reflect the techs available, and units such as mortars and rocket ships have had big cost increases and light infantry have had their cost increased a bit as well.

From a personal perspective as someone working on unit balancing, the next game play patch after this one will see some big improvements in terms of diversification of different unit and artillery types. The game play patch after that one will see improvements to naval battle balancing.

KrooK
04-10-2009, 12:23
I don't trust. After last patch my PC started crashing when playing multi.
Without any reason, mostly when I'm winning.
1/4 prestige lost

mini
04-10-2009, 16:06
Lets see those patches!

pevergreen
04-11-2009, 14:02
Easter break caused a bit of a slowdown probably.

I can't wait until the beta people make it all better :yes:

It will be my first experience with a community beta lead patch for TW.

As big kev would say, "I'm excited!"
(Rest in peace big kev.)

Swoosh So
04-11-2009, 15:07
Pever what do you mean "community beta lead patch for TW", if you somehow think that the community members in the beta team will dictate the content of a patch your sadly mistaken.

Tomisama
04-11-2009, 15:27
Pever what do you mean "community beta lead patch for TW", if you somehow think that the community members in the beta team will dictate the content of a patch your sadly mistaken.

Please explain...k