PDA

View Full Version : Reconquesta Interactive History

Thermal
04-11-2009, 15:01
Sign up if your interested, I'm hosting this at the TWC too. May not be too technical like many others, but simple can be good :)

Will include a prologue and rules if there is interest.

https://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/aries777777/spain3-1.jpg

Factions

Moors: DEMON ARCHANGEL
Cordoba (capital)
Almeria
Tanja
Algarve
Murcia
Sevilla
Badajoz

Almohads:KARL Xll
Faz (capital)

Hammadids: MEGAS METHUSELATH
Tunis (capital)
Qasentina
Al Jazair
I Qabaili

Portugal: JOLT
Lisboa (capital)
Porto

Castile: CAIUS
Toledo (capital)
Castilla

Leon: QUINTUS J.C
Leon (capital)
Galicia
Asturias

Valencia: YOYOMA1910
Valencia (capital)
Mallorca

Aragon:PEASANT PHILL
Aragon (capital)
Barcelona

Navarre: ICHIGO
Navarra (capital)
Armagnac

France: WARLUSTER
Toulouse (capital)
Marseilles
Bordeaux
Auvergne

Burgundy: IGNORAMUS
Lyon (capital)

Thoughts?

Updated information:
-I intend to use tad bits from other IH's (though being careful given the recent plagiarism thing)
-CoE's asking questions to be answered each turn system will be implemented if I can get Franconius' permission.
-Certain Kagemusha features such as diplomacy, men & income
-BUT VERY MOSTLY MY OWN STYLE, advanced military divisions between elite, regulars & militia, opportunity to build a range of buildings & detailed income separating taxes, agriculture, sea & land trade & industry into sub sections so you know what needs improving.
-Vassals are obtainable and there will be events occasionally with the likelihood of emergent factions, though that will take a while to get.
-Based on spain & I can honestly say my own inspiration, the idea at least if not all game mechanics is mine.

:beam:

Rules & Game mechanics

Please read this if your playing the game

Law
In your faction pm you will be given an overall law rating (not for individual provinces, less micromanagement) If it falls below 100 there is a chance a province will rebel, i.e if law is 88 there is a 12% chance of rebellion (similar to medieval 1 law system)
All factions law begins above 100, but certain upgrades can make it worse, losing vital provinces and gaining unstable ones or a decline in army can also worsen law, while gaining stable provinces or increasing military can increase it.

Military
You start with no army in which I will give all players the chance to decide how many men they want (considering there budget) and where they want them. However you can only build basic 'militia' at the start, building some of the military buildings will allow you to eventually recruit regulars & elites, the upkeep is the same for all unit types 1 man = 1 coin but in order to get regulars & elites you must first upgrade, also getting upgrades allows you to buy more men, the base maximum amount of men is 75,000 without upgrades, it isn't a cheap process though. You can only get them at your capital as you only need one anyway, so look after your capital if you build these upgrades as losing it will take you back to 'militia' units.

Finally, any region with a port can invade any other region with a port, port regions are the only ones which can invade Mallorca too, which is the only province you can invade without it having a port, you need a port to invade it, but Mallorca doesn't need a port to receive an invasion while all other regions do.

In a battle the following is what each equals
Militia (normal unit) = 1
Regulars = 2
Elites = 4

Garrisons
If an unoccupied area is attacked there is no fight, the invader wins, getting upgrades so there is a permanent garrison (there rather cheap too) can at least give the invader a challenge, even if they win, the garrison never depletes but must stay in it's region and cannot attack. The garrison still fights even if you already have men in the province being attacked, and simply adds to the numbers.
Upgrades can delay how quick an opponent takes a province too. The base time is 1 turn, which doesn't give you much time to retaliate at all.

Diplomacy
There are a few allies & wars at the start to get things rolling, but you can change that by ceasfiring or breaking alliances if you like, all diplomacy is allowed and encouraged including

-Money sharing
-Vassals
-Alliances & war declaration
-Region trading
-Trade
-Help In wars
and much much more, mostly anything you can do on the actual total war games, providing the person who negotiate with accept your terms of course!

Income
A regions income is split into 4 sections:
-Tax
-Agriculture
-Mining & Industry
-Sea & Land trade
There are buildings to work on each area individually and improve them, the general trend however is that the most valuable income is tax, then trade, then industry then farming, however depending on how you upgrade depends on whether that normal income trend is in place or not.

Confirmed buildings
Note: Each building is built on the turn you request it, stopping the annoying wait while it's being constructed, though upgrades are expensive. You must build stage 1 buildings in that category before stage 2, and stage 2 before stage 3 i.e: Build a tax depot before you can build a tax office.

Economics
Tax
Tax Collectors depot
Cost: 10,000
Effect: Increases the regions tax income by 10% from it's original tax income
-3 law

Tax Offices
Cost: 25,000
Effect: Increases the regions tax income by 30% from it's original tax income
-10 law

Agriculture
Land clearance
Cost: 8,000
Effect: Increase regions farming income by 5% from its original farm income

Farmlands
Cost: 4,000
Effect: Increase regions farming income by 30% from its original farm income

Agricultural estates
Cost: 4,000
Effect: Increase regions farming income by 50% from its original farm income

Industry
Textiles workshop
Cost: 6,000
Effect: Increase regions industry income by 20% from its original industrial income

Armour workshop
Cost: 12,000
Effect: Increase regions industry income by 40% from its original industrial income

Mines
Cost: 30,000
Effect: Increase regions industry income by 100% from its original industrial income
-5 law

Trade
Roads
Cost: 10,000
Effect: Increase regions trade income by 15% from its original trade income

Port
Cost: 20,000
Effect: Increase regions trade income by 30% from its original trade income
Allows you to attack other regions with ports

Military
Garrisons
Town Watch
Cost: 5,000
Effect: The region will have 2,000 militia 'garrisoned' whenever it is attacked on top of any force it may or may not already have
Adds 1 turn to the time the siege takes (2 turns)

Wooden Walls
Cost: 15,000
Effect: The region will have 5,000 militia 'garrisoned' whenever it is attacked on top of any force it may or may not already have
Adds 2 turns to the time the siege makes (3 turns)

Fortified Stone Wall
Cost: 40,000
Effect: The region will have 10,000 militia 'garrisoned' whenever it is attacked on top of any force it may or may not already have
Adds 3 turns to the time the siege takes (4 turns)

Army
Barracks network
Cost: 50,000
Effect: Increases maximum army size from 75,000 to 100,000
Allows recruitment of 8,000 regulars on top of normal militia

Advanced Barracks network
Cost: 100,000
Effect: Increases maximum army size from 100,000 to 125,000
Allows recruitment of 15,000 regulars & 3,000 elites on top of normal militia

Huge Advanced Barracks network
Cost: 150,000
Effect: No maximum army size
Allows recruitment of 25,000 regulars & 10,000 elites on top of normal militia

If there is a part you don't understand, or don't like, or just think this is too confusing please say, I will adjust to fit everyone's needs, to a certain degree at least :)

Peasant Phill
04-11-2009, 16:30
Every IH I am/was interested in doesn't seem to get started. So I may put a curse on this one to but ... IN.

Thermal
04-11-2009, 17:08
Every IH I am/was interested in doesn't seem to get started. So I may put a curse on this one to but ... IN.

Thank you, have a balloon :balloon2: :bow:

Choose a faction if you will (unless your happy to have any)

Yoyoma1910
04-11-2009, 18:04
Valencia!!!!!

Yo soy... El Cid Campeador.

Thermal
04-11-2009, 18:12
Valencia!!!!!

Yo soy... El Cid Campeador.

Jolt
04-11-2009, 18:27
...Why does Lisboa reach Bragança? Doesn't make much sense to me. And I fail to understand what is "Lagas"? You probably mean Lagos, which was called Zawaia by the moors. In any case Lagos was extremely unimportant by that time. The most important and wealthy town in Alentejo was Silves, which is said to have been richer than Lisboa when our King captured it. It was called "The Baghdad of the West", since Baghdad was the center of the Caliphate in the East, and that by itself shows the importance and power of Silves in the Muslim world.

Jolt
04-11-2009, 18:27
In any case, in as Portugal (Obviously)

EDIT: Not to be rude, but your map is some serious geography fail.

-León in the map isn't quite actually León. Rename it Galicia. Salamanca can be renamed León, as that is the core region of León.
- Toledo is nowhere in the region of Toledo in the map. Toledo is in the Madrid region. Rename Toledo Salamanca (As Salamanca is in the Toledo region)
- Madrid doesn't exist in this period (Madrid was just a very small village back then), Toledo was the center of the Madrid region. Therefore rename the Madrid region, Toledo.
- Truj-what? Caceres would be a more fitting name. The province length is also quite odd since it reaches León when Caceres is Extremadura.
- Badajoz is sufficiently correct.
- Merida not only is unimportant in the period, but it is grossly misplaced. In the lack of something better, the name La Mancha (Which is the real name of the region), would suffice.
- Tolosa...is in the Basque Country. I have no clue how it ended up down there. Almansa would be a better name.
- Now...I have no idea what Jaliva actually is, but it is where Valencia should be.
- Cordoba is fine except the gigantic length of the province it shouldn't be a coastal province or anything close.
- Murcia is fine, but should be connected to Jaliva-Valencia
- Grenada is fine but Almeria was gigantically more important than Granada in that period.
- Sevilla region should be Cadiz. Sevilla is inside Cordoba region. Either connect this province with Lagas-Silves or create a new coastal province in Cordoba between these two named Sevilla.
- Morella is another place I have no idea where it is. Catalayud would be better I suppose.
- Valencia travelled a lot up north. The place should be renamed Castellón.
- Coastal Zaragoza is where Barcelona is located. Zaragoza should be renamed Barcelona.
- Saragosa should be renamed Zaragoza. I don't know what happened for the peninsula to have two Zaragozas.
- Barcelona should be renamed Urgell, since it was a powerful county in the period.
- Bragança is sort of fine.
- Porto is...a coastal city, do you know that? It should gain access to the sea.
- Lisbon is misplaced, as the city is located in the northern part of the Tagus Estuary.
- Coimbra should lose most of it's coastal territory to Porto and Lisbon, and gain inland territory from Lisbon and the Sourthernmost part of the Porto region.
- Silves, I have already spoken about.

Thermal
04-11-2009, 18:30
In any case, in as Portugal (Obviously)

I'm fully aware it isn't completely accurate, it's just a reasonable representation.

Thank you for joining :bow:

Caius
04-11-2009, 18:54
Castilla for me. Dont expect me to be THAT active.

Thermal
04-11-2009, 19:00
Castilla for me. Dont expect me to be THAT active.

That is fine, welcome :balloon2:

Caius
04-11-2009, 19:08
That is fine, welcome :balloon2:
Thank you.

Jolt
04-11-2009, 19:18
I would make some modifications to the map Ares777. It is grossly misrepresented. I might even make a new map altogether, if you want to. :)

Thermal
04-11-2009, 19:20
I would make some modifications to the map Ares777. It is grossly misrepresented. I might even make a new map altogether, if you want to. :)

:laugh4:

Ok, It just shows how little I know about it, I was only using knowledge from a dodgy mod I played a year ago, to be fair though.

Don't change it massively, though or people might get confused or change there faction, by then someone else may of picked and it all gets confusing. :yes:

also keep all factions in, I know sicily, valencia & possibly the almohads weren't declared factions but it is more or less so there are enough factions for an enjoyable and varied game.

Jolt
04-12-2009, 01:11
Whatdcha think about these provinces?

https://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/Joltie/svzwnzkfunkopf.jpg

Thermal
04-12-2009, 01:14
OK then, thank you, thank you muchly :beam:

I'll re apply the faction regions to it's corresponding area, (i.e: re color & name)

Do it when I wake up tomorrow....

:yes:

edit: good but I may struggle to apply the almohads & I really wanted a secondary Islamic faction.....

Jolt
04-12-2009, 01:25
I'll put up the names for each region. To make sure it stays nice and historical.

Thermal
04-12-2009, 01:39
I'll put up the names for each region. To make sure it stays nice and historical.

Well I'm not sure the regions owners at this time will be completely accurate, but it will make it better by not being so! :yes:

||Lz3||
04-12-2009, 01:44
Erm... I think you mean "Reconquista" not... "Reconquesta"... :smash:

Jolt
04-12-2009, 01:51
https://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/Joltie/svzwnzkfunkopfcopy.jpg

There you go.

If you wish to use the Islamic names for the places still under Islamic control:
Algarve - Al-Gharb
Sevilla - Isbiliya
Badajoz - Batlabus
Almeria - Al-Mariyat
Murcia - Mursiya
Cordoba - Qurtuba
Mallorca - Mayurqa

Caius
04-12-2009, 02:09
La Reconquista is right written.

Thermal
04-12-2009, 20:17
Erm... I think you mean "Reconquista" not... "Reconquesta"... :smash:

Ok I think we've established I'm a disgrace to the era, but it's my disgrace because I thought of it, so ha :balloon2: :clown:

Thanks Jolt, I'll include the greyed out area too

(the african one 'sahara (can't go far wrong with that name) )
The italian one simply just genoa

edit: I don't have that font, just adding sahara & genoa would be appreciated hugely thanks! Though I guess its not that important, use your own judgment.

Thermal
04-12-2009, 20:29
I cannot bucket fill that map, so I' ll recreate it and copy your version :beam:

Jolt
04-12-2009, 21:01
Re-create the map, and I'll put the names up. :)

Thermal
04-12-2009, 21:08
Is this just accurate enough?

https://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/aries777777/spain3.jpg

Thermal
04-12-2009, 21:11
Re-create the map, and I'll put the names up. :)

It doesn't ,matter, see below :)

KarlXII
04-12-2009, 21:25
I'll tackle the Almohads

Thermal
04-12-2009, 22:07
I'll tackle the Almohads

Welcome :bow:

If I get over the normal amount then maybe I could consider emergent factions? :shifty:

DemonArchangel
04-12-2009, 22:36
Give me the Moors.

Jolt
04-12-2009, 22:47
Quite well done Ares. :) Now it's perfect.

Jolt
04-12-2009, 22:48
Just one thing - Malloca is Mallorca. :P I missed the "r" on my map. Not that it will make much difference.

KarlXII
04-12-2009, 22:57
What's the difference between the Moors and Almohads? As far as I remember, the Almohads ruled in North Africa and Southern Spain.

Jolt
04-12-2009, 23:09
I suppose the Moors are the Almoravids? The Almoravid was Berber/Moor.

While the Almoravids were quite tolerant to other faiths, the Almohads (Who never had a seperate territory but bleh.), were quite fundamentalists. The Almohads murdered the Almoravid ruler, and brought a great number of troops from North Africa to attack the Christians, effectively ending the Almoravid rule over Andaluz. The massive numbers managed to make the Almohads some recoveries against the Christian kingdoms, but once they organized and made joint efforts, the Almohad initiative was quickly crushed in several key battles in which the various Christian kingdoms participated. The battle of Las Navas de Tolosa springs to mind as the most blatant example of Iberian Christian cooperation.

Thermal
04-12-2009, 23:21
I suppose the Moors are the Almoravids?

Almoravid rings a bell, I couldn't think of the exact name, but there was an islamic faction below the moors I know that, just forgot the exact name.

Jolt
04-12-2009, 23:23
The Almohads originated from the tribes Atlas mountains, which is somewhat South of the map limit.

Thermal
04-12-2009, 23:26
The Almohads originated from the tribes Atlas mountains, which is somewhat South of the map limit.

Yes but I just wanted to include them :laugh4:

Jolt
04-12-2009, 23:30
Yeah I know. The Kingdom of Navarra also doesn't have Armagnac, which was under French suzerainity. But I would conprehend why it is so. Valencia was also wholly sorrounded by the Almoravids (El Cid only controlled the city and it's outskirts.) plus the Balreares were under Almoravid control. At least all Christian kingdoms start in the same foot except León, which has another province.

Thermal
04-12-2009, 23:55
Yeah I know. The Kingdom of Navarra also doesn't have Armagnac, which was under French suzerainity. But I would conprehend why it is so. Valencia was also wholly sorrounded by the Almoravids (El Cid only controlled the city and it's outskirts.) plus the Balreares were under Almoravid control. At least all Christian kingdoms start in the same foot except León, which has another province.

I know Valencia wasn't a faction it was too small, but Make them any smaller and it will be incredably differcult in there position.

Naravve I was almost certain didn't own Armagnac, but Again it is too give naravve a chance, france is vastly overpowered as it is!

Other christian kingdoms have been divided up even further for more players & a better gaming experience, sorry but I cannot and don't want to be historically accurate on every single game element.

Thanks to you however at least the regions are accurate, particularly the nation you picked :bow:

Enjoy your game.

Warluster
04-13-2009, 00:17
I'll take France, please.

Thermal
04-13-2009, 00:20
I'll take France, please.

Certainly, welcome :bow:

Thermal
04-13-2009, 00:30
I'm surprised Sicily hasn't gone yet, perfect defensive position :wink:

edit: wait, I'll stop being biased. :P

KarlXII
04-13-2009, 04:25
Almoravid rings a bell, I couldn't think of the exact name, but there was an islamic faction below the moors I know that, just forgot the exact name.

The Almoravids were the Moorish dynasty that ruled North Africa and Southern Spain, but were conquered by the Almohads around the time of this IH.

Jolt
04-13-2009, 05:00
Why does "Sicily" have Tunis?

Ignoramus
04-13-2009, 13:06
Burgundy for me, thanks!

Great idea for an IH.

Thermal
04-13-2009, 16:05
Why does "Sicily" have Tunis?

Because there isn't much else they can have, I want them to be in it.

Besides on medieval 2 the Sicilian AI always take it, gives the game an Italian feel

Of course If you know of a different faction that historically owned Tunis then I can replace them, no problems.

Thank you Ignoramus :bow:

Quintus.JC
04-13-2009, 16:49
Leon for me please :bow:

Peasant Phill
04-13-2009, 16:55
I'll have Aragon then.

Thermal
04-13-2009, 16:55
Leon for me please :bow:

Certainly

also I'm reserving a slot for peasant phill ,he didn't specific what he wanted.

edit: what a coincidence, just said lol

Quintus.JC
04-13-2009, 16:59
:oops:

Sorry Peasant Phill :sweatdrop:

Peasant Phill
04-13-2009, 17:02
Sorry for what Quintus?

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
04-13-2009, 17:12
I take Sicily!

Quintus.JC
04-13-2009, 17:16
Sorry for what Quintus?

Didn't you want Leon?

Cos from your edited post and Aries' post about the coincidence, it appears that you wanted Leon, or was it something else you wrote. :idea2:

I'm confused already, diplomacy really isn't my thing. :dizzy2:

Thermal
04-13-2009, 17:18
it was navvare, then aragon, was it something else too?

welcome to this one warman (similar to your twc experience! :laugh4: )

one slot left, Navarre

Jolt
04-13-2009, 17:19
Tunis was ruled by the Hammadids, along with the Algiers coast. Everything up until Fes/(Fas).

Jolt
04-13-2009, 17:21
The Almohads crushed both the Almoravids and the Hammadids.

Thermal
04-13-2009, 17:21
Tunis was ruled by the Hammadids, along with the Algiers coast. Everything up until Fes/(Fas).

Couldn't I just change sicily to the hammadids and leave the rest 'moors' I don't want to mess around with demon archangels role too much......

Jolt
04-13-2009, 17:47
Well, at least you'd now have 3 islamic factions with two of them being large in size, instead of being one huge one and two small ones. In any case, do as you like.

Thermal
04-13-2009, 18:07
I'' compromise, I'll give them two, lucky warman :laugh4:

Peasant Phill
04-13-2009, 18:55
it was navvare, then aragon, was it something else too?

I wanted Barcelona. I just typed first and checked later.

Everything is just fine.

KarlXII
04-14-2009, 01:25
The Almohads crushed both the Almoravids and the Hammadids.

This ^

Which is why I signed up for Almohads, the possible changing of history. I think the Moors should be able to have some North African holdings, but it's clear history. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but fact is fact, the Moors in this IH were completely crushed and replaced with Almohads.

Thermal
04-14-2009, 01:35
This ^

Which is why I signed up for Almohads, the possible changing of history. I think the Moors should be able to have some North African holdings, but it's clear history. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but fact is fact, the Moors in this IH were completely crushed and replaced with Almohads.

Well what time in the reconquiesta are we talking? I just need to get the names right

if this mod I played had any accuracy it is that an orange faction starts with almost half of spain and some of north africa, below them there is a burgundy faction, much smaller (put them in as faz) hammamids i do not know...it wasn't even in it.....

Jolt
04-14-2009, 04:38
Around 1150. However, El Cid and independent Valencia were long gone by then.
The problem lies in the fact that only if we do the "What if" and his son is still alive and defeated the moors so far, because El Cid's eldest duaghter married a noble whose son became King of Navarra, and his second daughter married the count of Barcelona, whose descendants were only daughters. The only paths to continue the lineage of El Cid is either:

1. Diego Rodriguez actually surviving his battle of Consuegra, succeeding after El Cid dies, and keeping the Muslims at bay, while conquering the Baleares. But most probably by 1150 he too would have already died. To follow this line you would have to invent a son of Diego Rodriguez
2. His wife succeeding him as historically happened, keeping the moors at bay and conquering the Baleares, then using the Semi-Salic succession law to get the historical elder male descendant from El Cid traceable through females, making him descendant of El Cid through his mother (Jimena, granddaughter of El Cid, second daughter of Maria and Ramon Berenger III of Barcelona, married to Bernard III of Foix) and his grandmother (Maria, second daughter of El Cid, married to Ramon Berenger III of Barcelona). He is Roger Bernard I, Count of Foix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger-Bernard_I_of_Foix). He was 18 years old in 1150 and therefore able to be "King of Valencia".

The Almoravids ruled Morroco, Fez and Al-Andaluz. The Hammadids ruled Algiers and Tunis. The Almohads came from the Atlas Mountains (Within Morroco) and defeated the Almoravids in Morroco, then defeated the Hammadids, thus ruling Morroco, Fez, Algiers, Tunis and Al-Andaluz.

Csargo
04-14-2009, 06:47
Nevermind, already participating in too many things as it is.

Jolt
04-14-2009, 16:36
The rules seem rather simple. I would suggest some things to add variety (Especially in the troops thingie, since only three types seems rather simplistic) but then again more complexity means more work for you, so I'll stick with that.

DemonArchangel
04-14-2009, 17:10
I have a suggestion for troop types:

Instead of regulars replacing militia entirely, allow regulars to be recruited along with militia and elites. That way, you can come up with a mix of troops, like there were in real life.

Thermal
04-14-2009, 21:52
I have a suggestion for troop types:

Instead of regulars replacing militia entirely, allow regulars to be recruited along with militia and elites. That way, you can come up with a mix of troops, like there were in real life.

What I could do is add limits

i.e: allows maximum of 10,000 regulars

nex barracks maximum of 20,000

So players would be forced to have a mixture.

etc.
also I haven't finsihed adding yet, when I have I'll re post with all info & a prologue, though it's going to be hard to do as it probably won't be accurate, as Jolt knows every detail from this area :sweatdrop:

Thermal
04-14-2009, 22:02
Thoughts now?

Also warman is banned :no:

So I need slots for Navarre & Hammadids

Nevermind, already participating in too many things as it is.

I disagree :laugh4:

Jolt
04-15-2009, 01:10
also I haven't finsihed adding yet, when I have I'll re post with all info & a prologue, though it's going to be hard to do as it probably won't be accurate, as Jolt knows every detail from this area :sweatdrop:

"Knowing thy history is knowing thyself." - Telmo Rola.

Thermal
04-15-2009, 01:12
"Knowing thy history is knowing thyself." - Telmo Rola.

JOLT!

Your too awesome not to be co-hosting this with me.

This wouldn't stop you being a player, but you would get half the credit

yay or nay?

Jolt
04-15-2009, 01:32
Ugh...Yay? It depends, but yay until I see the bigger scope of things.

Thermal
04-15-2009, 01:53
Ugh...Yay? It depends, but yay until I see the bigger scope of things.

Well as the ultimate Reconquista Encyclopedia you could do me a fab prologue & get all the initial historical accuracies done (as a co-host I wouldn't mind you changing it at all with some consultation) Don't worry though I would do the whole orders collecting and order distributing thing.

I'll send you more info on it if you like, and if there is a way I could help you in return don't hesitate to say.

Csargo
04-15-2009, 11:23
I'll take Navarre, hopefully it's small enough for me to handle. HURRY THROW ME OFF THE INTERNETS BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!!!! :confused:

Quintus.JC
04-15-2009, 12:23
Well as the ultimate Reconquista Encyclopedia you could do me a fab prologue & get all the initial historical accuracies done (as a co-host I wouldn't mind you changing it at all with some consultation) Don't worry though I would do the whole orders collecting and order distributing thing.

I'll send you more info on it if you like, and if there is a way I could help you in return don't hesitate to say.

In order to host a successful Intereactive history a good knowledge of the period is essential, as well as excellent research and entertainning write-ups. I don't doubt your abilities on these, but living in England it won't be easy for you to gather substantial information about Spanish history. So maybe it would be wise to look closer to home for an Intereactive history period. Britain's got some interesting periods that would make a fine IH game, also you'll be able to get tons of info about them without much difficulty.

Jolt
04-15-2009, 15:55
I'm not Spanish. >_> To give an update on the situation, me and TM have been looking to balance out several parts of the IH as well as adding some things. It may be a while before the IH starts.

Megas Methuselah
04-15-2009, 19:54
Navarre. Give me. :yes:

EDIT: Eh, if Ichigo's takin it, I'll go with the Hammadids.

Thermal
04-15-2009, 23:01
In order to host a successful Intereactive history a good knowledge of the period is essential, as well as excellent research and entertainning write-ups. I don't doubt your abilities on these, but living in England it won't be easy for you to gather substantial information about Spanish history. So maybe it would be wise to look closer to home for an Intereactive history period. Britain's got some interesting periods that would make a fine IH game, also you'll be able to get tons of info about them without much difficulty.

Tad a late for that perhaps :wink: lets just call it an Interactive History with tweaks :beam:

I will look over the time period more, Jolt himself is the one with the head on him, we were discussing on msn what we could do, and he seems to have the historical accuracies, but obviously a few aspects are sacrificed to avoid annoyingly complicated play.

Full house!

A week should do it shouldn't it Jolt? we kind of have the bases in place for how diplomacy will start, the ship system, garrisons & siege times, and I'll update the map so regions are correct, we've also addressed law balance for nations. And I have the econonmic numbers for each region with the exception of the Almoravids (moors)

So I guess that leaves additional buildings, perhaps a better unit system. Not too much more, then it's just getting the info written down....

Thermal
04-15-2009, 23:03
Thanks for joining Ichigo & Megas Methuselath! :balloon2:

also, it is confirmed that the hammadids will get all regions up to faz, meaning the moors lose 2 & hammadids gain 2

If this is a problem for demonarchangel please say, I understand you signed up when the moors had more. However it will be constructed as balanced as possible, so that isn't a big problem.

KarlXII
04-16-2009, 00:49
And the Almohads are only left with Fez? :dizzy2:

Thermal
04-16-2009, 04:36
And the Almohads are only left with Fez? :dizzy2:

still ;)

KarlXII
04-16-2009, 04:49
still ;)

Unfortunately I'm going to have toi withdraw from what I find to be an impossible position.

Jolt
04-16-2009, 06:18
That's what you think. :P (e.g. The impossibility of the Almohads succeeding in anything)

Ignoramus
04-16-2009, 08:40
Don't leave, KarlXII. What I'm guessing will happen ins that the Almos will start off with a large army and sufficient wealth to savage the Moors. It'll be up to the Moors to hang on to as many provinces as they can.

Quintus.JC
04-16-2009, 10:26
Unfortunately I'm going to have toi withdraw from what I find to be an impossible position.

Blitz the map with your ravaging camels. :yes:

Thermal
04-16-2009, 21:23
Karl XII I can spill that you will be militarily superior to your neighbours

your just assuming it will be impossible.

KarlXII
04-17-2009, 04:39
I did give it a second thought, and have decided that playing a minor with expansion for growth will be interesting, and challenging. Keep me in.

Thermal
04-17-2009, 08:33
I did give it a second thought, and have decided that playing a minor with expansion for growth will be interesting, and challenging. Keep me in.

good, that's pretty much why you signed up for them in the first place wasn't it? :beam:

KarlXII
04-17-2009, 18:23
good, that's pretty much why you signed up for them in the first place wasn't it? :beam:

Indeed.

DemonArchangel
04-19-2009, 01:44
I must respectfully disagree with your decision to make balanced forces. My job is hard enough as is, especially since all the Christian factions will gang up on me and tear me apart.

Jolt
04-19-2009, 01:56
especially since all the Christian factions will gang up on me and tear me apart.

...Maybe? In any case that's what happened historically. By 1150 the Almoravids didn't even exist anymore. But we're making it balanced for everyone.

Quintus.JC
04-19-2009, 21:09
I must respectfully disagree with your decision to make balanced forces. My job is hard enough as is, especially since all the Christian factions will gang up on me and tear me apart.

So true. :evilgrin:

Thermal
04-20-2009, 22:38

Really? Don't worry, everyone will have plenty too keep them...occupied :mellow:

From what I'm aware no one starts with armies positioned, just the money to buy them, so it's the technology & income at the start that will be handy.

When me & Jolt are next on MSN at the same time we can wrap up the game mechanics, that could be as soon as a day or two, or possibly further (I'll be on later at weekends probably then)

Jolt
04-21-2009, 11:24
Yeah, I've been occupied with university, so...yeah.

Thermal
04-30-2009, 23:05
Jolt's just recovered from appendicitis so we are back to organizing the game. :elephant:

Yoyoma1910
05-01-2009, 17:03
:download:

Jolt
05-01-2009, 20:40
Indeed. I was hospitalized and recovering for a full week, so yeah.

Caius
05-08-2009, 23:58
Indeed. I was hospitalized and recovering for a full week, so yeah.
Good to know that.