PDA

View Full Version : How to generate more money with the given assets

SNIAPS
04-13-2009, 18:41
Can anybody help me with this?.

I wonder whether it would be possible to make all assets in the game to generate 150% or 200% more money each turn. On this way I will be able to generate double income and therefore double the size of my armies and navy, but the AI will also do and my reasoning is that, in this way, far more interesting campaigns might develop.

I would appreciate if somebody can tell me how to mod this.

Thank you.

Mailman653
04-13-2009, 18:46
Your answer would most likely be in the db files, as to which ones exactly, I don't know. I'm only slightly familiar with the few that are related to the models and stats.

a completely inoffensive name
04-27-2009, 08:06
What I have just done to generate infinite money for me and only me was going into the buildings effects. Once you are editing the building effects, there is usually at least one unique building for each faction. what you need to do is to find your factions unique building and make sure it has an effect on taxes (add the effect if its not there) and make the number however high you want. once you make the building in the game, you will start to swim in money. I think you can hold out until you get that building if you start going for it immediately.

its late for me right now, but if you want me to go into more detail I can tomorrow.

pevergreen
04-27-2009, 09:27
There is a database which holds the monetary value a structure adds to wealth, otherwise acin's method works.

SNIAPS
04-28-2009, 13:23
What I have just done to generate infinite money for me and only me was going into the buildings effects. Once you are editing the building effects, there is usually at least one unique building for each faction. what you need to do is to find your factions unique building and make sure it has an effect on taxes (add the effect if its not there) and make the number however high you want. once you make the building in the game, you will start to swim in money. I think you can hold out until you get that building if you start going for it immediately.

its late for me right now, but if you want me to go into more detail I can tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your answer ACIN, this is more or less what I was thinking about, although I want to do it for all factions. I will really appreciate if you explain me in detail how to do it with one building type (note that I am very new to modding). Then I believe I will be able to manage myself from there.

After you message PEVERGREEN says that "There is a database which holds the monetary value a structure adds to wealth...". I believe this must be related to what you have said, the only difference being that you act on only one type of building while I would like to act on more types, like for example all kind of mines.

Phog_of_War
05-02-2009, 15:49
For all the factions, couldnt you just edit the value for just a basic building like a 1st lvl entertainment building?

I have NO experiance modding TW files so dont take my idea as gospel but that is my best guess.

Suraknar
05-31-2009, 18:58
The AI cheats anyways...it can never go on the red, it can churn up units at will.

I modified my starting money, give the faction I play about 9 million and then the way I play it is that I build at will whenever available for the building parts and the armies I limit them so that I always have a positive balance.

So the game for me is managing the Military Assets.

I mean as a Monarch and king you would not spend you time Financing a Church in a Village, or what kind of Industry should develop there, these things are undertaking of the population and have nothing to do with the Treasury, unless you build a palace or a Grand Cathedral in the Capital, for Renown etc.

You would however, finance and supervise Military assets, from their buildings to their assets.

Ideally, I would have like to have the time to make a mod that reduces all of the Civilian buildings and farms etc building costs to 0.

And the only things that take money to build would be Military Upgrades and Units.

And then as one Empire expands it has to manage its budget for its military actions. Some things will need to be a bit balanced of course, so maybe raise the upkeep a bit etc.

The game is much more enjoyable like that in my opinion, I been having a blast, as opposed to the painful slow building of the Vanilla, I also play it with 3-4 turns by year, it makes for longer Campaigns with many many battles...that are and can be complete armies (Cavalry Artillery Infantry etc) as opposed to Militia Zergs, to say nothing about the Navy.

I really disliked having to go all the way to take India pre-patch just to have a money generator that sits there. Now an Indian Invasion only becomes necessary if it is part of the overall strategic expansion plan and depends on which nation I play.

And I do Play on hardest difficulty too this way, without all the tedious micromanaging.

Question of taste I guess. I just think the game is much more enjoyable with Campaign game play consisting of Macroeconomics rather than Microeconomics. The Micromanaging portion affects Military related Assets only, and of course the battles, which can be spectacular.

Prussian to the Iron
06-09-2009, 19:11
on a related note: is there a way to give certain factions different starting money? certainly Russia needs more money than, say, Sweden.

I would like Russia to start with maybe 20000, as i'll spend it all on internal imporvements anyway.

if i found a way to do this i would release a mini-mod ASAP.

thx ahead of time :)

Suraknar
07-11-2009, 19:08
Yes you can,

I used the ESF editor to modify starting money.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=115103

Please backup your original ESF file before you make changes. And if there is a patch you may have to redo the changes.

In order to modify the starting Cash go to:

main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION_ARRAY\FA CTION\FACTION_ECONOMICS

Each faction has its own "FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION\FACTION_ECONOMICS" section.

---

I been playing "Sword of the Stars" as of late, and I really enjoy its Economical system (it is a Turn base Game with RT Combat" not unlike TW series, yet set in Space instead. (Ironically I would have never seen that game if TW was not with Steam).

Prussian to the Iron
07-11-2009, 19:24
i already solved this a moth ago, but thanks..........