PDA

View Full Version : How "Modable" is the AI?

abdecken5
04-18-2009, 16:29
Hello!

I am not a mod maker (for this game), but was wondering how fixable/improvable the battle AI is?

I personally subscribe to the point of view that the AI was broken in M2TW, and needed a good mod to fix it. But ultimatly the AI still remained broken and passive, hopeless at seiges and generlly dumb on the campagin map (hardly a comprehensive list of problems but you know what i mean).

The AI's faults have already been catalogued by the community, so I ask that we do not discuss their existance here. If you are content to play the game without mods - good for you :)

So is any of this fixable beyond say things like darthmod or stainless steel for M2TW? Some of the main modders are giving up i noticed. Is the game engined just too limited in what it can do?

Beskar
04-18-2009, 19:08
It's completely different engine and more difficult to do, apparently, but you are meant to be able to do a lot more in it. However, CA were going to release development tools for people to use, except they broke that promise as they don't seem to be seeing the light of day.

A Very Super Market
04-18-2009, 19:22
I don't think they really want people to start messing around with the game with the numerous issues surrounding it and possibly causing all sorts of hell.

pevergreen
04-19-2009, 00:11
It may be. We might be able to switch what the AI thinks is important.

Guess we just have to wait.

Beskar
04-19-2009, 05:17
When they release the tools on changing how the AI does diplomacy and all that business, I will officially train myself to be a good modder in that area. Strategy screen diplomacy/AI is one of the things that annoys me and I want to set the settings to how I think it should be like.