PDA

View Full Version : Persian Invasion - BETA Release

comrade_general
04-30-2009, 18:20
RTW - Persian Invasion Beta release for Rtw 1.5;

Download from Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/PI+BETAzip/;13686849;/fileinfo.html)
Download from MODDB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/persian-invasion-alexander-only/downloads/rtw-persian-invasion-beta)

quickfix (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=2229893&postcount=8)

Installation instructions and other info is in the enclosed readme file.

Please report bugs/comments/suggestions either in this thread or at Exilian (http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/forum/44324/).

This uses the mod switch function so it will not alter your original game files.

SubRosa
04-30-2009, 22:19
W00T! :gring:

Downloading now.

Edit: Use the filefront link for now, ModDB has not approved the download yet.

neo_deus
05-02-2009, 18:45
Good! I already had some fun uniting the greek cities to fight the persian invaders :D

How did you managed to open the .cas files from Alexander? :s

comrade_general
05-02-2009, 19:34
How did you managed to open the .cas files from Alexander? :s

I didn't, what made you think that I did? :inquisitive:

neo_deus
05-03-2009, 03:09
well, I saw some units there that really looked like they've been edited :s plus the unit cards and all... By the way, I don't know if you're aware of that, but you forgot to change the symbol that appears on a empty city. Just a heads up.

comrade_general
05-03-2009, 03:20
well, I saw some units there that really looked like they've been edited :s plus the unit cards and all... By the way, I don't know if you're aware of that, but you forgot to change the symbol that appears on a empty city. Just a heads up.

They've just been reskinned, unit cards recolored, etc.
And yeah, some of the faction banners will probably be changed in the end so I haven't finalized all of the banner stuff yet, but thanks. :verycool:

neo_deus
05-04-2009, 01:05
aah. I'm planning to use some Indian units for my mod and thought someone figured out how to open them. It would be nice to be able to do brand new unit cards. I guess I'll do some similar to the ones from m2tw to the indian units.

comrade_general
05-05-2009, 15:56
I have a quick fix for the Greco-Persian Wars Campaign when trying to play as the Greeks and fight battles with Leonidas or Leotychidas:

open up ...PI\data\world\maps\campaign\greek

extract the attached file to your desktop and move the file 'descr_strat.txt' to the greek folder, choosing yes to overwrite the old one

delete map.rwm in that folder

close it up and run the game!

western
12-31-2009, 09:25
Very nice Mod comrade general.

I encountered a problem playing as Athenians in Greek Hegemony. I had an heir who didn't appear in the family tree, with the result that when my initial ruler died I was told that my faction had been wiped out. The one other named character at startup, other than my faction leader, was automatically being made my heir even though he didn't appear in my family tree.

It was easily fixed by converting this named character into a general in startpos but you mat prefer other solutions.

I have not yet played enough to see if it applies to any other factions - I'm having too much fun as the Macedonians.

I hope other people are finding their way to this Mod. It is really very good and fun, pitting yourself against such a monster empire :2thumbsup:

comrade_general
01-01-2010, 03:27
Very nice Mod comrade general.

I encountered a problem playing as Athenians in Greek Hegemony. I had an heir who didn't appear in the family tree, with the result that when my initial ruler died I was told that my faction had been wiped out. The one other named character at startup, other than my faction leader, was automatically being made my heir even though he didn't appear in my family tree.

It was easily fixed by converting this named character into a general in startpos but you mat prefer other solutions.

I have not yet played enough to see if it applies to any other factions - I'm having too much fun as the Macedonians.

I hope other people are finding their way to this Mod. It is really very good and fun, pitting yourself against such a monster empire :2thumbsup:

Thanks, western! I really appreciate your comments.

I was not aware of that problem, but unfortunately I have long since ceased work on the mod. If anyone else mentions this problem I will be sure to tell them your solution.

Also I was wondering, since you have been playing as Macedonia, have you seen the military reforms occur? I have Macedonia set up to use the old marian reforms which would allow them to recruit their later professional army, but I never did enough testing on them to see if it worked, so I was just curious.

Thanks again, and happy playing. :2thumbsup:

western
01-03-2010, 02:36
Hi Comrade General

I will certainly let you know how I get on with Macedon - but I haven't made it past 474 yet. The reason for this is an annoying CTD after 10-12 years which I have (I hope) finally solved. The problem with third level stables - reported on the TWCenter thread for this Mod - was actually crashing the Mod when AI built them, but by changing the build requirements for parni cataphract in EDB this now seems solved - I can click on the hippodrome icon without crash and the c12 year crash time has been passed without trouble.

There may be other bugs lurking but at the moment all seems smooth and I aim to play on and see if Marian reforms usher in the later Macedonian units.

Delving in the files, it's clear that this is a fairly simple Mod in terms of number of units and buildings, but I think that gives it quite a classic feel (like people are always saying about Shogun); the strategic choices for the player are many, and the map is just the best. The stability is also good - I must have fought up to a hundred battles and I've only had one random crash on leaving a large battle. You may have tired of the Mod but I'm still finding it interesting. Thanks for all the hard work that must have gone into making it :2thumbsup:

comrade_general
01-03-2010, 03:48
Delving in the files, it's clear that this is a fairly simple Mod in terms of number of units and buildings, but I think that gives it quite a classic feel (like people are always saying about Shogun); the strategic choices for the player are many, and the map is just the best. The stability is also good - I must have fought up to a hundred battles and I've only had one random crash on leaving a large battle. You may have tired of the Mod but I'm still finding it interesting. Thanks for all the hard work that must have gone into making it :2thumbsup:

All I can say is - :beam:

But alas I never tired of it, I just lack the resources to complete it. :no:

Many thanks!

Cyprian2
08-04-2010, 06:13
hello, comrade_general.

First, I'd like to congratulate you on a fantastic mod. I was looking for a truly great mod for RTW 1.5 (without BI) and I found it in Persian Invasion. Brilliant work. Now for the downside. I have spent many hours playing PI (first as the Spartans, then as the Macedonians), but I keep running into a nefarious and unstoppable CTD when attempting to load saved games. Please note that I am using a CLEAN install of RTW 1.5 (gold edition). I've tried re-installing twice, but whatever this thing is, it just keeps ruining my games; I really want to play this mod to its fullest (and be able to return to my saved games!) I understand that you are busy with other projects, so you may not have the time or inclination to respond to my issues, but I hope you still have some love left for your work. I have seen this issue raised in other forums and no answer seems to be forthcoming (I apologize, though, if i missed it). i realize, also, that this is a beta release--and in its final form--but I think that it's simply unplayable in its current state (and not because it lacks anything as far as visuals or gameplay go, but simply because of that brutal CTD). So, if you wish others (and by "others," I mean myself) to enjoy the mod as it now stands, I enjoin you to please offer whatever feedback you may have in getting around this. Maybe someone else has succeeded in figuring it out? I would love to continue playing what promises to be a truly exhilarating game! For now, sadly, it remains uninstalled. Thanks in advance for whatever help you may be able to offer. (I haven't gone into my system specs here, but suffice it to say that my machine runs M2TW and its mods without a hitch, and I am not using Vista).