PDA

View Full Version : Modding a factions unit roster (?)

The Last Son
05-05-2009, 18:31
Hello everyone, I am new here and this is my first post. I desperatley need help. I have only one mod I want to make to M2TW above all else...I want to makean all mercenary army. I have tried to give ownership to a faction, but nothing happenns!:furious3: I really need help with this. On top of that, if I have merc units created in settlement will I be able to have so many before paying for them like militia? If not its okay, I'll just reduce upkeeps! But yes, please Help:no:

Sknit
07-22-2009, 02:37
Hello everyone, I am new here and this is my first post. I desperatley need help. I have only one mod I want to make to M2TW above all else...I want to makean all mercenary army. I have tried to give ownership to a faction, but nothing happenns!:furious3: I really need help with this. On top of that, if I have merc units created in settlement will I be able to have so many before paying for them like militia? If not its okay, I'll just reduce upkeeps! But yes, please Help:no:
I too would be interested to know the answer to this.
Anywho welcome to org. :thumbsup:

Sebastian Seth
12-05-2009, 20:08

Theres a lot of things you need to edit/copy to make this happen. All the units that are common for the factions have their own colours and graphics too. So atleast you need to copy those mercenery ones to the factions ones. You also need to define them and the paths they are in unit description files. After that you also need to edit the buildings so that the troops can be produced somewhere.

The free upkeep is possible but needs some work too. (Alltought I honestly think mercenery armies shouldnt have free upkeeps.) Mercenery units as they are have little higher upkeep than "own" units. But when I'm playing, I quite fequently have armies composed only from mercenery units. Only problem I have with them is the fact that I cant replenish them after battles.

If I may suggest. Theres a file that has merceneries of the campaign. Editing that one is much less work and you can easily increase the amount of merceneries from there.