PDA

View Full Version : WW1

Celtic_Punk
05-23-2009, 00:43
Anyone thought about making a WW1 mod? I think it might be quite entertaining. The only thing that might be a problem is machineguns. could be worked around though.

A Very Super Market
05-25-2009, 04:35
How could it possibly work? The rifles used in that period are accurate enough to decimate units like crazy. Apart from the Belgian campaign, when were formations like in TW used?

Celtic_Punk
05-25-2009, 09:45
I was kinda thinkin' out loud.

you cant change the battlemap and its items though can you? it wouldnt work i dont think.

lenin96
05-26-2009, 09:12
You should see the TWC area for ETW modding.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=227939

Prussian to the Iron
05-26-2009, 16:37
its a great idea; small-scale units with faster reload time and better cover. puckle guns could easily be re-skinned into machine guns for the trenches/buildings

A Very Super Market
05-27-2009, 15:55
Great, one unit changed into another. Have you bothered to take a look at the way battles are simulated? In WWI, battles are continuous, trenches are dug and then never moved. Unless it is only a strategic map thing (Which wouldn't work, as the AI would charge your capital) there is no way to accurately simulate WWI.

Prussian to the Iron
05-27-2009, 16:34
how so? you could easily simulate WW1. do you thnik that it was won by never advancing? one side would have to move across the field eventually, it would just take time.

and im sure trenches can be reskinned into actual trenches.

should cavalyr be removed? i know they were used but barely saw combat.

A Very Super Market
05-28-2009, 01:00
So.... you wait for a month, and then move your forces? Or you continuously attack in something completely un-WWI-like? How would the units in-game be used? Even in WWI, the rigid structure that TW is made of was not used. Units did not all maneuvre at the same time to fire at a single target. You don't even need to, the weapons are accurate enough to completely destroy a unit in a single volley.

My point was about trenches, not the men inside them. How are those going to be simulated? Is this going to be a simulation of the Eastern Front, the Belgian campaign, or the Western Front we all know and love? Battles were not fought in a single day, in any case.

Celtic_Punk
05-29-2009, 09:17
whcih is why i said never mind.

Megas Methuselah
05-29-2009, 10:01
Don't worry, bro; he was aiming that at John, not you.