PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been accused of cheating after winning a battle?

Majora1988
05-31-2009, 04:21
The last player I defeated accused me of a money hack because I had about 500 more troops than him. The reason for that being that I didn't bring any artillery, and he brought 4 12-iber howitzers.

So being kind of new to multiplayer total-war is it common to be accused of cheating when you win?

Megas Methuselah
05-31-2009, 08:36
Yes, it's kind of common. I was accused of cheating three times out of... countless games. Two of them were because I spammed cheap archers, pikemen, and elephant bodyguards (which are only, like, 500 each). It's the ultimate early-era army.

stormofsparks
05-31-2009, 12:02
i wouldnt say its that common, i've never been accused and have played hundreds of games and i play as marathas alot which means on 10k i can field a 2k man army on large units, or basically just tons of inf.

maybe you get it from a new player, the vets can spot a large money cheat easy we know how much stuff costs and in 5 minutes i can add up what you brought and figure out if it costs too much.

Don Meet
06-12-2009, 00:50
Hi,

this is my first post here under this account.
I have been around TW years ago, but i stopped playing and only recently came back to get the feel of TW again, at least a bit.

So i joined the Org again in order to find some information on something i watched in quite a few of my 40-something multiplayer-battles.

It relates to this topic because i was accused of cheating by different opponents twice after the battles (non-ranked).

Especially on Anatolia my light infantry troops were able to shoot way beyond the 125 range, but only when they climbed on of these rocky hills, fired on lower Infantry (both light and Line) in range and when my opponent retreated, they continued shooting even on invisible light infantry and inflicted some serious damage without any doubt way outside of the 125 range.

Is that a bug and simply not well known, do i command especially powerful troops ( i sure need them because i am such a bad general), or am i a cheater without being aware of it?

greetings

Don Meet

While i am here, does anyone know how to save a replay after battle?
I can't find any button for it.

And another question concerning Light Infantry:
Do you have huge problems with their focus too?
Especially but not only on hills they tend to look in every direction but the one i want them to look. Kinda frustating and time consuming and seriously not a good thing for my limited micro-managing skills.
Is that a bug or am i just a bit slow to grasp things and directions?

Megas Methuselah
06-12-2009, 08:05
That's a bug. I remember it in M2TW, too.

Besides, it's impossible to make a mod like that for multiplayer. The game would crash.

Jochi Khan
06-12-2009, 20:03
Hello and Welcome to the .org Don Meet

While i am here, does anyone know how to save a replay after battle?
I can't find any button for it.

At the end of battle you get the box showing either Victory or Defeat

Bottom centre of the box there is the TICK you have to click to leave the game. Dont click this yet. To the Right of this is an icon that looks like a MOVIE CAMERA. Click this icon and a window will open with the option to save the game.
Here you can name the game in the bottom box, click the Tick and a message should then appear saying the game has been saved successfully.

Hope this helps you.

Don Meet
06-13-2009, 03:33
Hi Megas Methuselah,

thanks mate.
I thought so.

Hi Jochi,

many thanks for the info.
I should have known it, of course.
In MTW1 it was almost the same, was it not?
But somehow i forgot and completely overlooked it so far in ETW.

Thanks again

Don Meet