PDA

View Full Version : fergies vs green jackets explain?

stormofsparks
05-31-2009, 11:34
why are ferguson riflemen stats worse than or equal to green jackets in every way (particularly there range, accuracy, reload speed and moral are all indentical, as well as having the same special abilities, which is what really matters when choosing a riflemen unit, and the melee of jackets is better but jackets are cheaper, is there some hidden unit attritube unviewable even when you right click a unit card that helps? i.e. perhaps there are different weapons and each weapon has a different base accuracy or reload speed and what we view on the unit card is actually a modifier of a base not an entire number.
Also is it generally accepted that
fergies beat green jackets
greens beat fergies
there equal at ranged combat

A Very Super Market
05-31-2009, 16:28
I.... don't understand. You say that Ferguson Riflemen are worse than Green Jackets, and then you say that they beat each other? I don't understand.

On the imbalance, you do realize that you can only recruit limited numbers of both units.

Fisherking
06-01-2009, 08:55
Unless something has changed there is no limit on green jackets..

What is not reflected in the game is that Ferguson Rifles could load and fire from the prone position without slowing their loading times and fired 6 to 10 rounds per minute. That was double to triple the rate of the Brown Bess. The Fergusons should receive a defensive bonus and higher rates of fire to better reflect this.

Green jackets on the other hand had a lower rate of fire than muskets but had a sword bayonet. Thus they should have a higher melee value. The only resemblance between the two is that the troops all wore green jackets.

The Ferguson Rifles came at a time when Gen. Howe had no interest in light infantry. When there was more interest the rifle its self had been forgotten and no one knows what happened to them after the war. It was clearly superior to the Baker rifle despite any other short comings.

edit: also the Ferguson Rifle was hand made and not a product of mass production. The screw breech should be moved up the tech tree an placed next to light infantry tactics rather than being developed after mass production and interchangeable parts.

Majora1988
06-01-2009, 16:41
As far as I know, Ferguson Rifles do have a much higher rate of fire than normal musket troops, and the Green Jackets also have a really high melee defense (for light inf) of 15.

FearofNC
06-01-2009, 16:59
fergasons are the only unit in the game with the screw breach rifle

this causes them to reload about twice as fast as green jackets

Megas Methuselah
06-01-2009, 22:01
I think Fergusons fire even faster than that, Fear. :thinking:

Be that as it may, green jackets are practically the only light infantry that excels in melee (apart from Native Musketmen Auxiliaries).

Fisherking
06-02-2009, 08:56
Yes but you can’t build them before you have interchangeable parts…

Not only the Fergusons’ but some of the other rifle units should be available earlier. Now only the American Riflemen are available early. Several of the others should be also.

Rifles were hand made before they were machined.