PDA

View Full Version : any way to change starting money?

Prussian to the Iron
06-09-2009, 19:14
is there a way to give certain factions different starting money? certainly Russia needs more money than, say, Sweden.

I would like Russia to start with maybe 20000, as i'll spend it all on internal imporvements anyway. i would cheat, but i dont wanna go through the trouble or let it spill over into my other campaigns.

if i found a way to do this i would release a mini-mod ASAP.

thx ahead of time :)

Prussian to the Iron
06-09-2009, 20:11
bump

Marten
06-09-2009, 20:40
Hey John,

you'll need an editor for the esf-files first. You can get it here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5171186#post5171186

Under ... steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main you will find (i hope so) the startpos.esf ..."insert smiley here"

Search in CAMPAIGN_ENV / CAMPAIGN_MODEL / WORLD for the "FACTION_ARRAY", and there for Russia as Faction.
Under FACTION_ECONOMICS you can find your info ... it's the first line.

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL esf FILES!

pevergreen
06-09-2009, 23:11
Thanks for the quick ansewr Marten.

As a general note, a bump is not needed, especially after only one hour, in a non-busy subforum.

:bow: (<- is a bow smiley, when it comes back online)

Prussian to the Iron
06-09-2009, 23:21
i cant find which is russia........they all just say faction array.

Prussian to the Iron
06-10-2009, 05:21
not only can i not open any files within startpos,but i cannot find what faction is russia. help?!!?

pevergreen
06-10-2009, 11:21
I presume you downloaded the file from the first post in the link?

Make sure the file is in its own subdirectory, then run the exe file.

From the file menu inside the program click the first option (Open ESF)

The path is the steam folder (default location is C:\Program Files\Steam) of which it is then steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

The startpos.esf file should be there.

When you open the file, you should see a plus box and 'main\startpos.esf' hit the plus box, then hit the next option in the tree (its a tree, by the way)
The third level of the tree has 3 options:
Save_Game_Header
Campaign_preopen_map_info
campaign_env

Hit the last one, then in that level, hit the last option again (Campaign_model)

Then 'world' is the fourth option, click that one.
the second option in this level is a bit grey, called 'faction_array'
Click that.

A whole lot of options come down all called the same thing. You want the ninth one.

Click that, and an option called 'faction' will pop out. Now, click on the word 'faction' (NOT the plus box) and make sure the second and third line say russia and Russia.

If it is, hit the plus box, otherwise, follow that last step with other ones until you find it.

The third option will be Faction_Economics

Click that (not the plus box) and the first line should be "7500" and it should be an int (integer)

Change that to whatever starting money you wish Russia to have, then file, save.

Make sure you have a backup first!

pever.

Prussian to the Iron
06-10-2009, 18:09
when i trie to click on any words, instead of plus signs, it says that there is some error and asks if i want to continue or exit. ???

pevergreen
06-11-2009, 10:00
when i trie to click on any words, instead of plus signs, it says that there is some error and asks if i want to continue or exit. ???

What is the error? Post a screenshot, if you can.

Prussian to the Iron
06-11-2009, 19:01
never mind; i got it to work. thanks!

Prussian to the Iron
06-11-2009, 19:12
ok, i have one more question:

i want to make all minor factions playable; i think i have located the value, but i am unsure. heres a screenie:

https://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo360/TheSpartanIII/esfquestion.jpg

pevergreen
06-12-2009, 08:37
Can't help you there, I have an older version.

Try it, is the best advice. Its how the first modders find out.

:2thumbsup:

Prussian to the Iron
06-12-2009, 19:02
tried, it; crashed immediately. luckily i backed it up so now its working.